Stanford University

Stanford University Employer Reviews

Exciting, place to work and learn
Culinary Specialist (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, experiencing new foods
Cons: not enough hours
Fun fast-paced work environment with so much to learn daily. I learned how to work properly in a dining hall kitchen for a university. I learned to prepare meals of many different cultures use spices and seasonings I had never used before. All of my co-workers were amazing, warm and friendly. I made some new friends there and it was an awesome experience. – more... I think the hardest part of the job was having to throw away so much food without being able to give to those in need. The most enjoyable aspect of this job was getting to meet the students and establishing great relationships. Seeing the look on the students faces at the amazing food prepared for them to eat. – less
Fast-paced, ever changing environment, where I thrive
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Stanford, CaliforniaSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: i wasn't mircromanaged. i ran the offices and i was trusted to communicate when it was necessary.
Cons: the administrative routine changed, which elimiated responsibility.
It was an honor to manage and collaborate two neurosurgeons, one being the Chief of Staff. I gleaned lots of knowledge around the brain, spine and difficult people.
Campus is beautiful.
Materials Science & Engineering Department Manager (Former Employee), Stanford, CAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: very good benefits
Cons: staff are second class citizens.
Stanford has a beautiful campus that is great for hiking and walking. Being among very bright students and faculty is also inspiring. Faculty and students come first. Staff are treated as second class citizens.
Great place to work for
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: amazing benefits
Cons: parking
It is a great place to work for. They ask a lot out of their employees but they are also compensate appropriately. If you are a hard worker its a great company to work for.
This is UPS Stanfford, NOT Stanford University
Driver Helper (Former Employee), 13922 Stafford Rd, Stafford, TX 77477August 19, 2014
Pros: even though its a lot of walking envoled there, its not complex and stressful
Cons: please be prepared to hear a coustmer "go off" if something is not right.
Working here was a good opportunity, wonderful if you was a college student needing to save for next years classes. Even though I started late and I couldn't finished school, the work with driver was a win win situation. Their was no forms of disrespect on my grounds of work, and I was able to get good with the neighbors and stores of that area (Westheimer – more... Area). The job for me was to help the driver deliver whatever packages they needed. – less
Not a bad place to work
Accountant International (Former Employee), Palo AltoAugust 18, 2014
Pros: they have a nice lunch truck that comes daily so no need to drive far for lunch
Cons: not permanent
I learned alot about different data entry systems. This was a fast paced environment which I enjoyed. Too bad there was only room for temp work and not permanent
Productive workplace where I get to use my creativity.
Clinical Trials Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee), Stanford, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: benefits, flexibility, collaboration.
I enjoy using my skills across a variety of projects in a supportive environment.
Great experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Stanford, CAJuly 23, 2014
As a research assistant, I really enjoyed working with a research lab at Stanford. I got to contribute to their ongoing projects and present a poster at a conference.
Fast pace, minimal rewards, deep management issues
Medical Simulation Technician (Former Employee), Immersive Learning Center, School of MedicineJuly 22, 2014
Pros: interesting work, intelligent colleagues, stanford name on your resume
Cons: micro-management, inflexible schedule, excessive meetings
The ILC at Stanford's med school is known as one of the premier medical simulation programs in the country. They have a seemingly endless budget for equipment but suffer from severe staffing and management issues. Turnover is high, and for good reason.

This position affords the opportunity to work closely with brilliant and dedicated physicians, which – more... can be very rewarding and sometimes fun. It does not afford much opportunity for advancement, recognition, or work-life balance. Four different people have held this particular position since the ILC opened in 2010, and only one of them is still working at Stanford.

Benefits are decent, although some can be difficult to navigate. Salary was very low in light of the amount of responsibility, specific skills required, and the extremely high cost of living in the area. – less
Good freelance gig
Freelance writer (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 13, 2014
I've enjoyed working with Stanford University. I have a good editor who works with me on my articles.
A good place to work.
Administrative Systems (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great place and group to work with.
Cons: contract expired... :(
I was a contractor and worked remote in Atlanta and was the senior
APEX developer on the team. i was required to work PST hours which was not an issue for me. Everyone was very professional and easy to work with. The initial contract was for 9 months but was asked to stay for another year. When the renewal expired I was told I could work for them full-time – more... but would be required to move to Palo Alto, CA. – less
Senior Research Scientist (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJune 29, 2014
Pros: leadership
Cons: could be larger
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Get to travel for work, I love to travel long distance.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Stanford, CAJune 24, 2014
I mostly work with the communities. I always have the support I need.
A great learning experience
Research Fellow (Former Employee), Stanford, CAJune 20, 2014
This was primarily a research position, but it also provided a great opportunity to interact with many great minds and highly personable individuals.
best place i ever worked
Computer Resource Associate (Former Employee), Stanford, CAJune 13, 2014
i learned a lot and i love the people there. wish i could go back.
Secure, but with a price
Data and Program Manager (Current Employee), Stanford, CAJune 6, 2014
Pros: excellent work-life balance in a fairly secure environment.
Cons: difficult to advance without an advanced degree, regardless of experience.
Excellent work-life balance in a fairly secure environment; however, do not rely on advancing up the ranks without (at the minimum) a master's degree; preferably a PhD. This includes all administrative positions as well. The level of work does not necessarily require such experience, but Stanford wishes to hold all of its employees to a certain standard, – more... no matter how unfair it may be. – less
Quality Assurance
Manager, Licensing and Certification (Former Employee), CAJune 2, 2014
Pros: excellent educational opportunities, autonomy, dynamic environment
Cons: poor to no onbarding, lack of teamwork, poor it support
I worked as part of a team to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations and JCAHO. Responsible for large portion of a Plan of Correction for a CMS survey in conjunction with General Services, Hospitality and Food Services and Clinical Nutrition. Then assisted with the re-survey, for which they passed.
Fun to work for.
STORAGE ARCHITECT (Former Employee), Stanford, CAMay 30, 2014
Depending on the department you are working for. It can be very fulfilling or it would be just another company.
School of Medicine not the best of environments
Executive Assistant/Asst to Chair (Current Employee), Stanford, CAMay 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits, including personal development reimbursement
Cons: school of medicine leadership
Stanford University is a great place. Try not to work for the School of medicine or clinics. Staff there is not treated as fairly or honestly as the rest of the university.
Best Position of my Career
Interim Patient Care Manager OSC (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMay 15, 2014
I loved this hospital, and only left to be closer to family in Florida.

1 2 3 4 5

About Stanford University

The Stanford Technology Ventures Program is dedicated to accelerating high-technology entrepreneurship education and creating – Read more

Stanford University Photos