Stanford University Employee Reviews

Executive Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  MENLO PARK CASeptember 22, 2016
Enjoyable envireoment. Learning room to grow in a comapny to suceed. Training provided. Productive. Enjoyable temporary job I had
Productive and Outgoing place
Cashier, Dishwasher, Food Handler (Hot & Cold) (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CASeptember 19, 2016
We like to stay productive to keep a good flow with the food that is coming in and out. It is very outgoing and everyone pretty much gets along with each other. We mainly go there to work, but at the same time some of us get excited to see on another.
Pros
good breaks, friendly environment, making new friends, good relationship with the bosses
File Clerk, Encina Hall
File Clerk, Encina Hall (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CASeptember 14, 2016
Worked by myself filing donor information at Encina Hall for Stanford's Development Office. Management and co-workers were helpful in teaching me what I needed to know. Culture was good. I enjoyed having a large pile of filing and getting it filed efficiently and correctly. The most difficult was having an overwhelmingly large pile of filing that I had to file in a short deadline. I was able to meet my deadlines.
Pros
Good Learning Experience
Cons
Part-time short job for just the summer until I returned to school
Nice Experience
Life Science Research Professional II (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CASeptember 6, 2016
One of the good work places. I am glad, I have opportunity to work in this place.
Our job is challenging but it is nice to see that we overcome these challenges.
Friendly environment
Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAAugust 25, 2016
Very professional atmosphere. Very busy work schedule. Co- workers are friendly and helpful. Management has open door policy and easy to work with.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Work-life balance
People here are passionate and caring, the work ethics are valued.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 19, 2016
While working here, I learned to appreciate the art and skill of Phlebotomy like never before. The environment is positive and energetic.
Pros
Free education
Cons
Over night shift
Intellectually stimulating academic research environment.
Director of Communications (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 17, 2016
Working in a world-class research and clinical care facility was one of the most rewarding experiences of my career. The faculty were great to work with.
Pros
Great research to write about.
Cons
Often 80-hour work week.
Brilliant General Maintenance (alongside Resident & Dining Enterprises)
temporary staff-housing custodian at Stanford (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJuly 28, 2016
On a typical day with Brilliant General Maintenance, in my conditions, consists of myself & other temporary custodians being assigned under a Resident & Dining Enterprise custodian ( usually one whom we've worked under before ) who directs us & works with us within their own Stanford Resident & Dining system. For the most part, the responsibilities & tasks lay in the realm of setting beds, preparing rooms for guests, cleaning the dorm houses & showers, & ,overall, maintaining the well-being of the dorm house & satisfaction of the incoming & outgoing guests. As for the Resident & Dining Enterprise custodians with whom we work with, they are all extremely helpful, friendly, & aren't afraid to completely lead by example. These lone traits have certainly taught me so much about taking on responsibility in order for the whole "team" to prosper. Overall, I would say that my experience at Stanford has been absolutely amazing & influential on me thus far in my career. Through the people with whom I work under & alongside, I can honestly say that I've truly begun to grow strong leadership traits through their mentorship & guidance.
Pros
Helpful leaders, Friendly environment, Non-strenuous workload, highly-efficient work system
Cons
Spanish to English Language Barriers
Great benefits, nice people, beautiful location
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJuly 8, 2016
Really excellent place to work. If you can look past the high COL, it's a top-notch job. They provide a subsidized Caltrain pass to most employees, too.
Horrible place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  EngineeringJuly 7, 2016
I would not recommend Stanford to anyone I know and care about. This is a horrible place to work, with HR in Engineering being the very worst. Do you work in Engineering period. Some of the department managers are the worst people I have ever encountered. Stay as far away from Engineering, especially the Deans Office, as possible.
Lots of varied experiences
Researcher (Former Employee) –  CDIJuly 6, 2016
Many options for both research and academics; allow quarter-long research projects to get a feeling for what labs/PIs you fit in best with, and lots of cross-functional research is available
I Love Workikng for Stanford!
Faculty Directors and event management (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJune 29, 2016
This is a wonderful place to work and grow. So many people to meet and network with at the campus. The campus is lovely and so are the people. The culture of the campus is inviting.
Very compassionate person
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 27, 2016
He treats everyone like they are important. He always acknowledges that you are in the room. Lots of ways to find out about what's going on in the City of San Jose.
Pros
Cons
Very hard to get on board
Medical Records, Document Imaging, very busy enviroment
ROI Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 20, 2016
receiving Faxes from doctors office and date stamping over 200 request a day. Sort the mail daily, deliver mail. receive doctor request via email would have to scan all document In a PDF format and send to Georgia. The job was a good learning experience. my co workers were nice we got alone well. The mail was a hardest part of the job because during holiday it would be a bundle and the mail had to be sorted and date stamped.
Pros
Their was never not a busy day.
Cons
so busy sometime you would forget to take a break.
Nice place to work if you can navigate through the politics
Disablity Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJune 16, 2016
Nice place to work if you can navigate through the politics. Some micro management style assist, and not very easy for promotion.
Pros
tutition assitance program great for an employee
Cons
medical ebenfits if you retire prior to the age 65
Productive Environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 2, 2016
Flexible work schedule and positive environment. You have access to a lot of resources. Very productive and supportive atmosphere. I enjoyed my time here.
Stressful
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 26, 2016
Stanford University is as a pyramid scheme. The middle pay and below are over worked. Unorganized. Coworkers are okay and supportive at time. Overall, it's stressful.
Pros
Good name on resume
Cons
overwork with low pay
great place to work
Associate Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAMay 20, 2016
If I have the opportunity I would work there again. The people are great and the campus is filled with entertainment to attend to throughout the year
benefits
My view
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 20, 2016
I usually start 1 hour early at 6am and check the queue for new work orders that have been submitted. I would review the new work request scope and assign the request to the designated Field engineers. If assigned to me, I send a email and or voice mail to schedule at job walk at the customers convenience. Meet with the cabling vendors dedicated to the Hospital and Campus accounts and review the days scheduled work as required to maintain some quality control of the days scheduled events. Walk the job of MAC move, adds, changes work and the smaller project workloads as scheduled with the preferred cabling contractor and customer. Answer customer call for new MAC job walks and meet the customer to review their scope of work as they requested through the bid process for an estimate.Thats my typical day.

I thought this would of been, and should be the best place to work and utilize my customer experience background knowledge and communication skills, but I learned that I was on an Island with no support...

What management? Seriously the worst experience in my work history career.

I did have great co-workers, and I thought I got along well with my peers.

Trying to have a work related conversation with my manager without him yelling and it stressing me out.

The customers and students and staff.
Being part of something bigger than your self, supporting the needs of the Stanford Hospital and Clinics, LPCH and the Stanford Campus.
Pros
great benefits and employee discounts, programs etc...
Cons
too busy to enjoy any fitness facilities and or other benefits for self improvement.
The Stanford Community was amazing!
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAApril 24, 2016
I can't recommend this University enough for potential job hunters. You can't beat their benefits and salaries when it comes to working in academia. The work culture was fantastic and truly loved being a part of the community.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Work/Life Balance
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanford University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3