Stanford University

Stanford University Employee Reviews

Caring hard working MD's and staff, always striving to improve, good salary and benefits
Sr. Administrative Associate (Former Employee), School of Medicine, Pediatric AnesthesiaJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: salary, benefits, flexible work hours, good environment to work
Cons: cannot think of any.
If I needed an operation, I would have it done at Stanford Hospital.
Good place to work.
Great salary and benefits, educational training courses for administrators are plentiful.
Flexible hours for administrators are encouraged by the university to ease traffic congestion in the city. You pick your own work shift hours.
I was allowed to work remotely for 2 years.
It was a stressful job, but very satisfying work. MD's expected the best out of every support staff person, and it made you rise to the occasion and perform your best on the job.
Productive and Innovative Place to Work
Coordinator, Executive Education (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Productive and Innovative Place to Work
Enjoy the culture and perks of Stanford U.
Great hospital that provides dedicated staff of highest quality
RN ICU (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: highly trained staff and multiple resources
Cons: not flexible with scheduling
Overall my experience at Stanford was excellent. They do rigorous interviewing and training to make sure they get quality candidates to fill the roles. I always felt confident in my fellow staff and could rely on them in a pinch
great work atmosphere with perfct balance of job and life
research assistant (Current Employee), palo alto, CAJanuary 5, 2015
A typical day at work starts with setting up an experiment,
and about 20% managing the lab.
Productive fast paced workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Stanford, CAJanuary 2, 2015
consistant filing of documents, data entry, front desk support, answering high volume calls and other general office front desk support were part of my daily routine while employed with Stanford University. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and interacting with different students
Top level of research facilities and best scientists and technicians
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Stanford, CADecember 16, 2014
The hardest part of the job is to get used to handle all deadlines,
however, after certain time you achieve that. The most enjoyable part of the job is to work with top level scientists and learn something new everyday.
Great team and great people
Clinical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Stanford, CADecember 11, 2014
Pros: a lot of team projects and activities.
I enjoyed working here , they included everyone in a lot of the company decisions, you felt as if you mattered here. We all worked so closely together and it was a smaller company so you felt as if you held weight in the company.
Be Careful Where You Work at Stanford
Program Manager (Former Employee), Palo AltoDecember 9, 2014
Pros: beautiful place to work with talented people to learn from, many training opportunities, good benefits.
Cons: department politics, poor management, hierarchical.
Stanford is a beautiful place to work and there are a lot of talented people to learn from. Many training opportunities and good benefits. Felt the work/life balance was good. However...

The culture of the department I worked in was very toxic. Very hierarchical and slow moving. The management team seemed to dislike and distrust each other and this poisoned the working relationships between many of the other staff members. Department was incredibly siloed, with little collaboration among program teams. The management team lacked vision and strategic planning skills - nor did this appear to be a priority.

From the many positive reviews on Stanford, this toxicity doesn't appear to be universal across the University, but do your homework on the department your interviewing with prior to taking a position.
Exciting
Tennis Pro (Former Employee), Stanford, CADecember 5, 2014
Great culture and fun working for the brand name Stanford. Make use of skills
insecure faculty with no clue about academic life
Research Associate, Vascular Surgery (Former Employee), Stanford, CADecember 2, 2014
this guys CPC at Stanford vascular surgery has been the most unbalanced, insecured guy I have seen in my years of life in academia, with no clue and understanding of academic life and the way things work out in academic research-education environment. The worse is he took his liability on others simply by terminating the collaboration. A shame for Stanford as a major US academic institution.
Dream Location
Financial Management Analyst (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CaNovember 15, 2014
Beautiful campus, excellent benefits, free public transportation. Variety of places to, on the job training for advancement, good place for a career path.
Assistant Registrar (Current Employee), Stanford, CANovember 12, 2014
Pros: pto+vacation+sick time, on campus gym, matching 401k, job security/ advancement
Stanford University is an amazing place to work. The culture is very progressive and communication is highly encouraged no matter your position. The benefits are amazing and hard to beat, as they strongly encourage a work/life balance.
Amazing people and resources
Intern (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAOctober 29, 2014
Great fast-paced environment with very smart people creating cutting-edge solutions to problems and issues of all kind.
Excellent place to work with great benefits
Clinical Trial Research Associate (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAOctober 14, 2014
It's Stanford, so nothing but the best...well taken care of
Great way to learn campus.
Special Events Patrol (Former Employee), Stanford, CAOctober 8, 2014
Everyday was different. I got to work football games and concerts and learn the campus. I worked closely with the Deputies on the campus.
Fun team environment
Archaeology Technician (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CASeptember 26, 2014
Reliable and friendly co-workers made working at Stanford great.
Excellent financial institution and workplace
Player Guest Coordinator (Former Employee), Stanford, CASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: excellent facility and knowledgable staff
Cons: seasonal position only
Handling athletic ticket purchases for Alumni, etc. It was a very rewarding experience to work as a seasonal-employee for Stanford Athletics. I worked with very well-mannered, experienced individuals whom I learned much from and applied this to my daily work tasks.
Exciting, place to work and learn
Culinary Specialist (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, experiencing new foods
Cons: not enough hours
Fun fast-paced work environment with so much to learn daily. I learned how to work properly in a dining hall kitchen for a university. I learned to prepare meals of many different cultures use spices and seasonings I had never used before. All of my co-workers were amazing, warm and friendly. I made some new friends there and it was an awesome experience. I think the hardest part of the job was having to throw away so much food without being able to give to those in need. The most enjoyable aspect of this job was getting to meet the students and establishing great relationships. Seeing the look on the students faces at the amazing food prepared for them to eat.
Fast-paced, ever changing environment, where I thrive
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Stanford, CaliforniaSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: i wasn't mircromanaged. i ran the offices and i was trusted to communicate when it was necessary.
Cons: the administrative routine changed, which elimiated responsibility.
It was an honor to manage and collaborate two neurosurgeons, one being the Chief of Staff. I gleaned lots of knowledge around the brain, spine and difficult people.
Campus is beautiful.
Materials Science & Engineering Department Manager (Former Employee), Stanford, CAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: very good benefits
Cons: staff are second class citizens.
Stanford has a beautiful campus that is great for hiking and walking. Being among very bright students and faculty is also inspiring. Faculty and students come first. Staff are treated as second class citizens.

About Stanford University

The Stanford Technology Ventures Program is dedicated to accelerating high-technology entrepreneurship education and creating – Read more

Stanford University Salaries

Research Associate
$60,000 per year

Stanford University Photos

Stanford University California
Stanford East Campus Overview via iandoh on Flickr.