Stanford University Employee Reviews

Campus is beautiful.
Materials Science & Engineering Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAAugust 21, 2014
Stanford has a beautiful campus that is great for hiking and walking. Being among very bright students and faculty is also inspiring. Faculty and students come first. Staff are treated as second class citizens.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
Staff are second class citizens.
I love Stanford!
eProtocol System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 1, 2013
I get the chance to interact with doctors and researchers on a daily basis. The benefits are good, and the job is very stable, however, in my particular position, I don't have any upward mobility.
Pros
great benefits and educational options
Productive Environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 2, 2016
Flexible work schedule and positive environment. You have access to a lot of resources. Very productive and supportive atmosphere. I enjoyed my time here.
Dream Location
Financial Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CaNovember 15, 2014
Beautiful campus, excellent benefits, free public transportation. Variety of places to, on the job training for advancement, good place for a career path.
Best place to work
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAApril 17, 2016
Data analysis, policy analysis, project management and work with smart people to make huge impact on public education.
Learning while being productive
Administrative Associate, Department of Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAMay 11, 2015
My day in he Division of Pediatrics, Neonatology consist of provided administrative support to physicians and faculty members in Neonatal Division,handled all administrative tasks including travel arrangements, processing maintenance orders, and preparing and maintaining conference rooms for office-wide meetings and events.
Created, edited, and proofread documents ensuring accuracy, which included articles, invoices and presentations.Managed all office correspondence including answering phones, creating and maintaining filing systems, managing emails and office memos, and performing database entry. Managed financial and inventory control for the office, including monitoring office and lab supplies, and processing purchase orders and staff reimbursements. Arranged and set up meetings in the Lucille Packard and Stanford Hospitals. Stanford is a teaching school and in the Division of Neonatology there where different physicians working on different projects. For example, one of my doctors I supported (Dr. Vinny Bhutani) was working on a study with Jaundice at the time I had a new baby so a lot of the findings related to my new situation. I really enjoyed working for the 16 doctors I supported. The hardest part of this position was the constant change in office management. This was difficult because the new management did not understand the work I was doing or that the physician ask of me and I had to always explain.
Pros
Learning experience and great benefits
Cons
Change in Management
Great place
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAFebruary 15, 2013
Great place to work for work life balance, not current with salary trend in CA
Pros
working with great minds
Cons
compensation
Great place to work.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAJuly 18, 2013
I enjoyed a great deal about working at Stanford: top-notch research institute, top-notch people to work with, great benefits and great location and flexibility of work hours are wonderful.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
Pay could always improve.
Great place to learn and grow
Research Mentor (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAApril 20, 2016
Very challenging problems are tackled in the graduate labs here. Excellent environment to expand your knowledge and really sharpen your mind with some of the best and the brightest.
Stanford is a good place to work
Zone D Administrator (Former Employee) –  StanfordApril 12, 2013
Stanford can be a good place to work. It is all about what department. Very important who you are and where you work. Directors, Professors, it is great. Admin.Asst are low priority.
benefits
Cons
admin not treated fairly
Productive Place for research and every day learning new stuff
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAApril 21, 2016
-Interacting with lots of smart people helps to improve the knowledge every day.
- Very interesting and creative projects/research
- The hardest part of the job is high workload and responsibilities
Great place to work for
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 20, 2014
It is a great place to work for. They ask a lot out of their employees but they are also compensate appropriately. If you are a hard worker its a great company to work for.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
Parking
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAApril 14, 2016
Professional environment that values it's employees and treats everyone fairly. Campus is beautiful and will be one of my fondest memories of being there.
Pros
Clean and Professional Work environment
Cons
Undefined job description
Productive workplace where I get to use my creativity.
Clinical Trials Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJuly 28, 2014
I enjoy using my skills across a variety of projects in a supportive environment.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility, collaboration.
Good experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 20, 2016
- challenging yet rewarding
- great way to get research experience
- high standard encouraged high work ethic and produced good work that gave me invaluable skills
Pros
good on resume
Cons
big time commitment
Great Benefits
Approaching Stanford Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJuly 15, 2013
Stanford has great benefits! The salary isn't as good as it could be, however, the campus is beautiful and people are very welcoming and approachable.
loved my job
Admin. Assoc IV (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAJune 3, 2013
life was good as long as you get your job done
made great friends and great benefits
loved to go to work everyday
Pros
everything
Cons
new boss who didn't know her job- had to train her
Fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 29, 2012
I enjoyed working at Stanford University. They took very good care of me while I worked there.
Pros
free lunches, great pay, and benefits
Cons
n/a
good company
Sr. SW Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAAugust 30, 2013
goo company to work. very flexible hours. allows working remotely. good kids benefits. great team work.
bad thing is long commute
A university
Associate Director of Development (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAAugust 1, 2013
• Actively consulted major gift fundraising staff on high net worth alumni by analyzing biographical and financial information among prospect donors, and advised senior staff on targeted cultivation and solicitation strategies.
• Analyzed market fundamentals and led capital markets research to consult the major and principal gift fundraising team on lucrative industries, recent IPOs, M&A activity and executive transitions to identify prospects with major gift capacity.
• Conducted a three-part training series aimed at educating the fundraising staff on how to use Blackbaud, a modeling and data analytics provider, and identified 2,500 new prospects.
• Supervised assigned staff including training researchers, promoting career development and hiring new staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanford University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3