Stange Law Firm, LLC

Stange Law Firm, LLC Employer Reviews

It's the best job I've ever had. They reward hard work with good compensation. The firm is highly respected in the legal community.
Stange Law Firm employee (Current Employee), St. Louis-BrentwoodMay 3, 2013
Pros: great environment, great benefits, highly professional, personable, good compensation
I personally have found Stange Law Firm to be a great place to work. The environment is always professional and friendly. It has grown to include seven offices now and I can see why. They focus exclusively on family law and offer high quality legal representation.

They are honest and ethical and compensate their employees for their hard work. The partners – more... are great to work for and very personable. They are interested in finding employees for the long term--employees who are looking for a career. They offer great training and will always work with you if you need assistance.

Everyone who works there is highly qualified and well respected in the legal community. I have found Stange Law Firm to be highly respected with the Judges.

The managing partners truly care about their employees. They have a firm meeting at the end of each month and give out awards for good performance. They also buy lunch for everyone before firm topics are discussed. Everyone works together and no one is left in the dark on anything.

Overall, Stange Law Firm is a great place to work. It's the best job I've ever had. – less
Great Place to Work
Senior Attorney (Current Employee), St. Louis, MissouriMay 3, 2013
Pros: benefits, compensation, management team, environment, billable hours
I have been with Stange Law Firm, P.C. for over two years and it is by far (in my 10 years of experience) an excellent place to work. Management is very fair in how they treat people and supportative of the employees. You can always count on them to have your back.

Compensation is excellent, if you work hard you are very well compensated. Benefits – more... are AMAZING. I do not know of any other place where benefits are flat our paid for by the employer including health insurance, dental insurance, CLEs, life insurance, cell phone, the list goes on.

Work life balance is excellent. Billable hour requirement is extremely reasonable.

Advancement is always possible, they create positions for people regularly by way of promotion. Like any other place, you show them you are dedicated and that you work hard you will be rewarded. They even go out of their way to provide awards to people quarterly for outstanding work. I do not know of another law firm that takes the time to recognize the hard work of the employees.

I have enjoyed working for Stange and hope to be here a long time. If you work hard and show that you have the interest of the firm at heart, they will have your interest at heart.

Firm is run by a family and they actually value family and employees. It is a great feeling to go to work everyday and know you are part of something bigger than yourself, that you can make a difference and that your boss has your back. Opportunity for growth is excellent. – less
Great place to work!
Services and Facilities Director (Current Employee), St. LouisMay 3, 2013
Stange Law Firm is a great place to work! I am proud to be a part of an organization where people genuinely care about one another and our clients. We have a strong culture built on respect and teamwork. I have two small children and I appreciate the ability to maintain a work/life balance.
Great Family Oriented Company
Paralegal (Current Employee), St. LouisMay 3, 2013
Pros: compensation plan/bonus structure
I have worked with Stange Law Firm for close to 3 years now and really enjoy my job. The owners are very generous and offer a lot more to their employees than most firms. You can control your own income based upon the bonus structure in place and how hard you are willing to work. Like any place if you work hard, are loyal and know what you are doing, – more... promotions do happen. I have seen law clerks move into attorney positions, paralegals being promoted to management positions, and receptionists being promoted to legal assistants.

The co-workers are great and we really have a great team. Stange Law Firm is one of the best places I have worked in a very long time. I really feel like I am part of a team. This is a great place to work if you are looking for a company you can come in and grow with. – less
Great place and great people!
Employee at Stange Law Firm (Current Employee), St. Louis, Missouri, United StatesMay 3, 2013
Pros: collegiate and nurturing environment, free lunches once a month, healthcare
I have been with Stange Law Firm for quite some time now and have found that it is an enjoyable place to work. It is stressful at times but that comes along with the territory of working at a law firm. There is always someone there to help if you have questions or to lend a hand if you are falling behind.
Productive and Motivating Environment
Associate Attorney (Current Employee), St. Louis, MissouriMay 3, 2013
I am a current employee of Stange Law Firm and I intend to stay for many years to come. In fact, I would like to retire with this Firm. Stange Law Firm provides a comfortable and enjoyable work environment. Everyone is very friendly and helpful which provides for a wonderful team work setting. The salary and benefits are also amazing, I could not find – more... a better place to work even if I tried. I am extremely lucky to have been hired by this Firm. – less
Rewarding job
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Brentwood, MOMay 3, 2013
Pros: great co workers, bonus plan, 401k, health insurance
I have worked at Stange Law Firm, PC for over 5 years. It is a great place to work. I have enjoyed working here. I enjoy the work and the people who work here are all team players. It is a fast growing family law firm and I'm glad to be a part of it.
A great experience
Associate Attorney (Current Employee), BrentwoodMay 3, 2013
Pros: career advancement, positive work environment
Working for the Stange Law Firm has been wonderful and rewarding. The offices all work in teams, and everyone is very positive and supportive of one another. The employees get along well, and there is a lot of room for growth in the company. Also, if you work hard, you will definitely be recognized and rewarded.
Work here for a little bit but be prepared to find a new job when economy gets better.
Paralegal (Former Employee), Saint LouisApril 27, 2013
Pros: they seem really nice at first! i was always kept busy for the most part.
Cons: pay, environment, hours, pay is really not worth all the bs not even close, mcdonalds less stressful.
High turn over, I don't know anyone that works there anymore. Made .001 % of median salary in St. Louis. A paralegal there makes less than a taco bell manager. And about the same as a taco bell employee. (even with B.A. and certificate) Basically, they have big firm bureaucracy, and small firm pay, so no good qualities.

HR guy was ex-army so just kind – more... of yelled at you in front of everybody for no reason, and during meetings used the word a-holes, (the actual word, uncensored) and some phrase about getting your a-holes all tightened and just created a really crude male oriented workplace to make females uncomfortable.

Worked over 40 hours a week and was salaried even though not exempt employee still did not get overtime pay, So pay really came out to less than working at McDonalds, which at least at Mcdonalds you get free lunch. No employees were ever disciplined, so if you ever did anything wrong you were just fired (saw several just fired without any prior notice of correction), Also, you aren't allowed to ask questions as a lawyer, or paralegal. So really you learn nothing and just have to wing it.

Also, and I learned this after, but having Stange Law firm on your resume actually STAINS your resume, it does not help. Other family law firms are like.oh, you worked for them,,,, because Stange has a really bad reputation in the legal community. Also,Stange doesn't train their lawyers, so they can't find a job after either. I did find one because she said she was willing to train me because Stange probably trained me wrong.

I tried hard to think of a place to give them 2 stars at.. I failed. – less

StangeLawFirm – May 5, 2013

This post is from a disgruntled employee who was terminated for good cause. The fact is: Stange Law Firm, PC offers great pay, including paid health insurance, dental insurance, plus a 401(k) match after a year of employment. Employees also have a quarterly bonus system based on productivity. Stange Law Firm, PC also has a solid reputation in the legal community. The firm's attorneys speak and commentate on Missouri Bar CLE seminars. One of the partners has spoken for National Business Institute. The firm has been recognized by the St. Louis Business Journal and mentioned in articles by the St. Louis Post Dispatch. One of the partners is on the Board of Directors for Kids in the Middle. The other wrote a chapter in a book through Aspatore Publishing on Family Law. Stange Law Firm, PC is a solid and growing environment in which to work.