Stanislaus County Office Of Education Employee Reviews

Outstanding work culture
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 13, 2016
SCOE is committed to their employees and students. It is a great school district to work for. They offer excellent benefits and compensation packages.
constantly changing environment.
Family Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 8, 2015
As budgets change, so does your job and daily tasks. No guarantees on job advancement. Seems like quite a lengthy process to grow career wise. At time can be unstable. Very rewarding to work with the multitude of families in Stanislaus County.
Pros
diverse
Cons
always changing, unstable at times
Scoe
Behavior Counselor (Current Employee) –  Modesto, caFebruary 23, 2015
I very much enjoy working for Stanislaus County Office of Education. They are a very solid company. The staff and administration care about their employees. They are very supportive and helpful when needed. There are limited opportunities to advance.
Great place to build a career
Secretary/ Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 1, 2015
The company is well organized and each department I have worked in has been well managed and moral is high everywhere I go. It is a great place to start a career and you can only move up with this company.
Pros
amazing people
Cons
long breaks
Good work, not for everyone.
Substitute Cadet Trainer (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAOctober 29, 2013
Arrive at the school at 6:30 AM check in class on cold days turn on heater, go over day lesson plan for students. At 7:00 greet students departing bus also making sure they are in the required school uniform and proper personal appearance, 7:30 muster school by classes raise and salute morning colors, march students to cafeteria single file they eat their breakfast for 30 minutes after which re-muster and head to class and proceed with the lesson plan. At lunch time muster up your individual class and march to cafeteria they eat for 30 minutes muster them up again march back to class. At 2: 45 muster class for school assembly for colors, dismiss according to classes and march them to the buses.
And often a 30 minute staff meeting to update principal and counselor of how the students are reacting to school policy, upcoming events and suggestion.
Pros
great coworkers, a lot of communication between staff.
Cons
working with at risk adolescences very stressful. prior military only so not open to all.
special job
paraprofessional to teacher of disabled children (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 21, 2013
I worked with the children, giving them one-on-one attention to their specific needs. I would supervise their daily activities, such as homework, outside play, classroom interaction.
Depending on assignment duties changed
Clerical Substitute (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 20, 2013
The assignments varied, some of the offices were nice to work in, but then you had to deal with the valley mentality.
Pros
they paid a temp, the sale of the person you were replacing.
Cons
people who were full time employees did not have a great work ethic.
fun work place
Sub Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 6, 2013
help students, friendly people, the hardest part was trying to understand what the students were saying. the most enjoyable part was being with everyone and being like a family.
Organization has great energy and enthusiasm for placing kids first in our community!
Prevention Programs/Grants Specialist (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 6, 2012
I work with an awesome innovated team who rises to the challenge in overcoming any barrier.
Great environment to work in
AmeriCorps Member/tutor (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 15, 2012
My supervisor was great. She was very positive and involved with the mission we were trying to achieve.
Tying my education with my work
Substitute Para-Educator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 1, 2012
Working with children really helped me tie together lot of the psychology topics I was delving in to. I enjoy education and I enjoy working in a classroom environment as well as the witnessing psychological development in progress. This was my first taste of seeing psychology in action.
Typically I would aid a teacher in her classroom curriculum. I would play with small children and tutor older children.
Education
Accounting Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Valley Charter High School Modesto, CAMarch 9, 2012
I loved working with students as well as with all employees at the school. I grew so much while here as a person and becoming a manager.
Pros
great boss, great teachers, great co-workers
Cons
principal retired and it all changed

4.5