Stanislaus County Employee Reviews

So So.
Park Aid (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, CAOctober 15, 2017
Not that great. Pay was so so. Very clickish people work there. Management was suspicious of every thing employee does on their own time and at work. Most people I worked with were nice.
Pros
Having a job.
Cons
Not knowing which coworker will stab you in the back.
Great Place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 11, 2017
Working for Stanislaus County brought many exciting challenges to the work schedule. I learned from the staff and Physicans. You always had different kind of patients.
Pros
Learned new things every day
Cons
the variety of hours
Opportunities for advancement
Clinician Intern (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 28, 2017
Nice place to learn, grow, and advance if hired on as full time. It can be a challenge to be hired on full time though. So being professional and competent in what you do is very important.
ely review
In Home Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 5, 2017
good . I worked as elderly care. I learned a lot new skills such as bathing, medicine schedule, bathing, took care a client.
I like to helps other and provide good service
Challenging and rewarding job experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 24, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to assist staff with data entry issues related to Medical reporting and authorization.
I worked with many staff members across cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. I have excellent organizational skills and a strong work ethic.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Insecure job position, low salary, restricted retirement benebits
Good people but bad salery
Admin Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 11, 2017
I learned Teamwork and compassion for people. You learn to understand your community better. The hardest part is the 1st year probation and low pay. If you have a family, make sure you have everything set because taking time off or emergency during your 1st year is not allowed even if they say it is. It's not and will ultimately cost you your position.
Pros
Environment very friendly
Cons
Pay is very little
IHSS Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 7, 2017
In my opinion, I feel that Stanislaus County is an exceptional place of employment. My job balances well with my life balance. I feel my place of employment is rewarding and my job experience continues to excel. I feel I am extremely productive and enjoy the work environment.
Pros
Free Lunches, time and a half
Cons
stressful
Run, run run away
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  CSAMarch 21, 2017
One of the most disorganized counties in California. Poor training, No supervision, high turnover and extremely high case loads. Expect you to just know what you're doing and not train.

They only promote people who have no opinions and not able to make decisions. They want all yes people.

Run, run , run away
Pros
Cons
High case loads, poor training
It's a part time job.
Community Aide/Peer Support (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 14, 2017
It's a part-time job. I work 8:00am to 12:00pm. A typical day varies. Some days I have a lot of contact with the clients, as a peer support person. Other days I help the staff with clerical duties. Our top managers are wonderful people and it is a very happy, healthy workplace culture. I made some wonderful friends. The hardest part of the job is I would like more responsibility. The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with staff and clients.
Cons
No holiday pay.
You are your own boss
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 18, 2017
It's all commission you are your own boss and you only have to know how to handle paper work and talk to people. You have to work outside and be aware of what your having people vote for
Pros
Your own hours and boss
Cons
Outside only
Okay place to work
Application Spe (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Dislike you are tied to the last minute on the clock. Need to log-in and be ready to take calls at your scheduled start meaning need to be there no more than 15 minutes early but early enough to login to computer and programs
Not a very good place to work
Administrative Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 6, 2016
I worked for the budget department manager. She was not very friendly. I left a job of 5 years to go to the county. I was told it was full time, good pay, job stability. I was only there for 2 months and was laid off due to lack of work.
Loved working for this county.
Deputy Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 3, 2016
I loved working for this county. I learned a lot about what it takes to be a Probation Officer. Being a a peace officer is very important to the community you work in and your perspective on the people in the cities we live in can change for our own safety.
No comment
Family Service Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 30, 2016
I prefer not to rate previous employers because everyone has a different experience in an agency and I would not like to be bias.
A lot of people
Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 21, 2016
Processing lots of paperwork. Learned how to help customers that were in need of public assistance. Management was a little tough. Co-workers were the best. The long sitting and all the paperwork was the hardest part of job. Most enjoyable part was all the potlucks.
Benefits
Cons
Parking
Great place to start
FAMILY SERVICES SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Turlock OutstationSeptember 8, 2016
If you are pursuing a career as a social worker - Stanislaus County is the perfect place to immerse yourself in the social work culture and profession. You will make forever work comrades and learn a great deal about policies and procedures.
Pros
supportive work environment
Cons
advancing can be a bit tricky
Not open minded
Clinical Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 1, 2016
A typical day working with the county of Stanislaus was stressful. Always felt like your walking on egg shells. Employees within the company were not professional.
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons
Healthcare
Rewarding and fun environment with children.
Daycare Provider (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAMay 22, 2016
Organized planning took a role in my everyday life caring for multiple children. I would prepare healthy meals and snacks throughout the day and create a fun hands on learning environment for the children. I learned the importance of patience and how to give each child the 1 on 1 attention that they need so that they are successful. I enjoyed seeing the children excel and creating lasting bonds with them.
Pros
work from home
Scenic Drive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scenic DriveMay 3, 2016
Overall I believe the county is a great place to work for with good benefits and opportunities for advancement. I think while working for Stanislaus County it is important to build relationships with people within and outside your department. The building is quite old which takes getting used to. On the positive side having your own bathroom is very convenient.
N/a
Special Project Coordinator - Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 26, 2015
My place of employment allows open communication between staff, participants and upper management. Thus, leading to a cohesive and learning environment for all.
Pros
No micro managing and room for growth if motivated.
Cons
At times work can be too repetitive.