Stanley Black & Decker Employee Reviews

Temp Work
Switchboard/Helpdesk Operator (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 26, 2017
I was a temp when I worked here, while I was finishing college. It was a well paying job, it was not in my profession.

This was a flexible job, worked around my college course schedule.
Clean environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIMay 26, 2017
Typical day was fast past handling different parts. Management was not good at teaching. Co-workers had negative attitudes regarding their job assignment. Most difficult portion of the job was keeping up with production. Most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishing what was required.
Security Industry
Branch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMay 25, 2017
A typical work day at Stanley is composed of about 150 emails all asking for different things such as requesting sub contractors for projects, equipment orders and invoice statuses. Pulling contracts and fire inspections for customer. The most challenging part of it is the simplest things require a lengthy process which works against fast paced environment. The enjoyable part of the job is the hour break and location. When looking at the size of company, the amount of work, roles and responsibilities you are in charge of the pay is almost minimal. overall its is a challenging job considering the previously mentioned but not rewarding.
Pros
Hour lunch, Location, work environment, benefits
Cons
Low Salary
Fun place to work
Truck Unloader (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2017
We would come in the night shift and see if we had any rucks if so we would have two members and start unloading the trucks and start placing them on the pallets and that's for each truck.
Solid Company to Work For
North American Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 25, 2017
Almost 13 years in various roles with the company, and I can say it is a good company to gain experience with many different business roles and opportunities.
ok place
WELDER (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 24, 2017
was a welder in the production setting was a very repetitive job that got very old very fast was an ok experience and helped me hone my welding and et better in that feild
Fast paced and stressful.
ASSISTANT SHIPPING & RECEIVING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMay 23, 2017
Over the years the company changed hands three times and progressively got worse from an employee and customer service friendly place of employment to work.
very fast pace, and friendly envirnoment
Technician (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 23, 2017
diagnosing different kind of power tools for proper use, function, and durability. doing necessary paper work and reports on why tool did or did not function.
execllent growth environment
Sales & Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 20, 2017
best work experience of career, that includes owning a commercial printing business for 10 years; typical work day includes two Lowe's store visits, interacting with KDMs and promoting products, minimal face to face supervision if job is performed above standards, fair and communicative management style, no hard part to this job, sales events would be most enjoyable part of job, fair compensation and excellent semi-annual incentive programs, credit card and DeWalt truck supplied and gasoline.
aggressive and progressive growth program
excellent growth opportunity for entry level college grads
Pros
all pros
Cons
2.5 hour drives to stores
Fast paced job horrible bosses
Assembly Line Worker, Tester (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INMay 19, 2017
Worked for almost 90 days received several raises and a promotion. Then suddenly fired claiming I missed 18 days. After proving I had not missed more than 2 they claimed poor performance and quality issues. As stated raises and promotion the promotion happened 4 days before termination.
Great company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 17, 2017
Great company. Typical day assisting customer with purchase orders and answering call to fulfill orders. Customer service skills is very helpful. Great management.
Enviroment to start
Heavy Equipment Operator and trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 16, 2017
Great team parners, great area to work .
People is very naice and des complicated.
Reason I stop work there it was becase i start working as a drives.
Pros
Good break time
Cons
No health insurance
Easy to move up. Great work culture
Customer Service Representative MAC TOOLS (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHMay 14, 2017
Customer Service call center is a busy day but not too many bad calls in a day. The people you work with are very helpful and genuinely nice people. If you do NOT like call center environments, this is not the job for you. You are tied to a desk on a phone the full 8 hours. One of the few call center jobs that is NOT micromanaged. Laid back work environment.
Pros
Laid back and fun environment
Cons
Tied to a headset all day
Easy opportunities for advancement
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 9, 2017
Great work/life balance and exposure to many facets of the business including operations, sales and product management. Great employees and management who cares for employees.
Basic employee needs met
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 5, 2017
Was not there long enough to experience long-term benefits of being a black & decker employee, but it was a nice experience while I was there. Good experience at the health fair.
Strong Company
Sales and Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2017
Great place to work, they invest in training and giving you the tools to be successful. This role works from home/out of a truck so there was a lot of driving involved.
Good
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 2, 2017
Had a great time working for them. We as the inside sales people did not have to worry about our jobs but the warehouse did everyday. Did love the people.
Graet Job
Service Technician I (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 1, 2017
Cleaning the rooms
Hoe medical are manufactured
Management was great and understanding
Culture was great and understanding
Learning the machines
The culture, management and people
Pros
Learning pharmacuticles
Cons
Nothing that I can think of
Few opportunities for temps
Paint Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 28, 2017
I worked at two paint lines during my tenure here. On one paint line there were ample opportunities for overtime and I managed to make great pay. Usually get the full weekend off so that provides time for leisure between work. The coworkers and management were all nice but there were not very many opportunities to learn new tasks and become more acquainted with the operations of a factory. The work was relatively easy compared even to high stress fast food employment I've had experience with that pays much little. I would recommend it to anyone who needs work but look elsewhere if you want to grow in an industry.
Productive, fun place to work..
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 27, 2017
I enjoy working at Stanley each day, the atmosphere is really laid back and everyone is really very friendly.

Typically, my day is really very busy providing support to within my teammates.

Stanley is always changing and improving processes.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, people are really friendly
Cons
I cannot really think of any cons at this time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanley Black & Decker. Our community is ready to answer.

Stanley Black & Decker Reviews by Location