Stanley Black & Decker

Stanley Black & Decker Employer Reviews

Easy job
Production Associate (Current Employee), Shelbyville, KYFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: relax environment, easy "labor"work, friendly staff.
Cons: only can get hired through a temp service, hard to get hired permanently
It's a production job stamping out saw blades, painting and coating them. A lot of packing and shipping product out. Very simplistic operation. Only problem I see with this company is the hiring process. The company is using a temp service to save money. The pay could be a few dollars higher in my opinion for this kind of work.
Good company
Team member (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Good company, with lots of interesting projects and manufacturing experience. There are many experienced managers and engineers who are great at pushing the envelope of their skill sets.
Relax environment
Trade Compliance Administrative Assistance (Former Employee), Foothill Ranch, CaliforniaFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: product overflow was given to employees.
Cons: structure of the department was dependant on likeability.
Highly political environment, no advancement opportunities. Mostly Contract employees and temporary assignments that would be extended depending on work load.
Layoffs every year during Thanksgiving/Christmas
customer service representative (Current Employee), IndianapolisJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: people in the cubicles with me
Cons: no room for advancement especially for minorities
Very few minorities in management positions
I've been here 6 years and every year people are laid off at year end.....gotta keep shareholders happy
I love the people in the cubicles with me but upper management feeds positive propaganda all year long and then you see people escorted out a week before thanksgiving. It's very depressing to see that and people are on egg shells thinking they are next.
Productive Work Enviroment
Field Install Coordinator Boeing Long Beach (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: experience in a professional enviroment
Cons: being the only person to support the program didn't get me a lot of time off.
Helped The Boeing Company to Operate the C17 Globemaster Program for 13 years before the Program comes to a close in 2015
Worked with Mechanics and ensured they were able to access all Automated Tool Dispensing Equipment to get tools to build the C17 Airplane. Worked the Tooling Department to keep all equipment running with no downtimes longer than 24 hours for any device.
I loved being counted on to Maintain over 300 Machines for 13 years without the need for another Technician.
Workplace was friendly
Product Service Representative (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: hours and pay
Cons: hectic work schedule
I really enjoyed working for this company. Management was great and co-workers were friendly. Handled multiple phone lines and it was busy.
Strictly profit driven. Hierarchical structure.
Oracle/IT Business Analyst (Former Employee), Holliston, MADecember 29, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: work environment. lack of empowerment
Complete lack of compassion for employees. Benefits are good but the working environment is inhumane. There is no work/life balance.. Employees are not valued regardless of level. Input is not valued. Lip service is the order of the day.
Went Downhill
Repair Technician/Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee), Norcross, GADecember 28, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Worked in a few different positions within the company...when the company was Black & Decker (prior to the merger with Stanley Works) it was an awesome company to work for...after the merger things seem to have went downhill from there
not the place for me
Director of FP&A (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 10, 2014
I dont like the company culture and work life balance does not exists
Awful work. Rude to customers in the retail sector.
Retail Specialist. (Former Employee), Honolulu, Hi.December 10, 2014
Pros: discount on power tools.
Cons: horrible management.
Work at Retail stores. Checking inventory, planograms, and build end caps.
Was taught if customer was not looking for power tool then bascially tell them you don't have time for them.
Productive Workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 3, 2014
Great place to work very friendly treat everyone equal. Very felexible with work hours and outside life.
Great customers
Customer service Representative (Former Employee), VaNovember 24, 2014
Pros: great customers
Cons: management
Entering P.O accurately, waiting on customers, answering phones. Learned a lot about tools, Management could have been better. High turnover rate of managers. Normally lasted 8- 12 months at a time, then went months with no manager. the out of the blue they closed the service center.
Poor management not holding themselves accountable
AR (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MichiganNovember 10, 2014
Pros: close to home, overtime
Cons: harrassment, poor management, overtime is really required when it is said not to be, poor/lack of training
I worked in an office with several new people, none of which had training. The very poor, newly promoted (because they had no one else) supervisor showed up late to work daily. In a period of 6 months called in to work repeatedly and didn't want to be available to answer questions. The department manager apologized for that type of behavior, yet felt threatened when things weren't being handled properly and it was addressed. He apologized over and over - gave me a good review and a week later, as I suspected due to his harassing behavior, found myself sitting in a meeting with HR. I recorded every conversation I had with my superior, because behind closed doors, he kept telling me how great I was doing, only to say something different when I was not around. He consistently belittled the HR department, and also several members of the staff, and continued to harass me in my time left with the company. I went to work and spent longer hours than anyone in my department (because I was being treated differently and the other employees in the office agreed. Two employees even said they had the same problems with RM). I went to work sick to my stomach daily. He thought that the worse he treated me, the sooner I would quit. He obviously didn't know me or my work ethic very well. I was constantly being given more work than anyone person could handle and do well, and then pulled away from my desk several times a week for him to ensure I wouldn't be able to complete the tasks that were assigned. It's unfortunate that someone in a position like this, who talked poorly about his own manager – more... - isn't being dealt with. He was good at his job, although he was very poor dealing with people and also managing the department. I am so happy that he was so awful, as I am in a position now, paying more, and receiving bonuses for the job I promised to do well for Stanley. I am appreciated by people who respect their staff. Stanley had several employees who talked about how poorly they were treated in Purchasing and also Accounting. Hopefully HR is able to get it together and get rid of people who cause more expensive problems like this one. Throwing cash away - not putting delinquent accounts on hold when necessary - etc. Additionally, it was difficult to for the staff to be stuck in the manager's small office for meetings, as his halitosis permeated the air, making it hard to want to breathe. – less
Not employee focused
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), East Greenwich, RINovember 5, 2014
I believe that the company was more focused on their employees when I started working there in 2001. SB&D displaced thousands of workers by moving their operations to other states/countries. This company was one of the largest in RI and employed thousands of people. By moving their operations out of RI, they displaced many workers in what is, and was, a very bad economy. I think that they should have been more focused on keeping SB&D in RI so that families and individuals that worked there for many years could have been still employed. If asked would I work there again should they come back to RI, I would have to say yes. The benefits and the co-workers that I had were very good and we were family.
Good Company
Analyst (Current Employee), Towson, MINovember 3, 2014
Overall the job atmosphere is good but Management could use improvement.
I enjoyed working for Stanley Black & Decker, nice place to work
Classifier Technician (Former Employee), New Baltimore, MIOctober 26, 2014
Pros: great retirement package
Cons: short breaks
Pretty easy going day, non stressful environment. l learned to be a very productive employee my time at this company
No wage increases
Current Employee (Current Employee), Greenfield, INOctober 19, 2014
Pros: it's a paycheck
Cons: poor managemeent
Get great annual reviews. Management says you are eligible for wage increase. But it never happens. Some employees have been 5 years without a wage increase.
good place to work but not good job security
TECHNICAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Towson, MDOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great if you like to work around power tools
Cons: job security, benefits
Very high turn around in management can be frustrating, and business is cyclic. Very good product lines to keep your interest - wide variety of job opportunities available.
Able to learn different aspects of the business and other departments.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Towson, MDSeptember 30, 2014
Great company to work for! If you have strong customer service skills and are able to adapt to a changing environment this is a great company to work for. While working here I have gained experience in accounting with dealing with processing credits and debits on a daily basis. My SAP and Salesforce skills have strengthened tremendously. The company helped me sharpen my skills by providing access to online training courses and hands on group and one-on-one training.
Poor managemeent
Operator (Current Employee), Greenfield, INSeptember 11, 2014
Management has no idea what they are doing. People are moved shifts and departments all of the time with no regard for their personal life. Shift times and days change from week to week.

1 2 3 4 5

About Stanley Black & Decker

Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling – Read more

Stanley Black & Decker Salaries