Stanley Black & Decker

Stanley Black & Decker Employee Reviews

No Diversity
Associate Brand Strategist (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 22, 2017
Management in the marketing department is uncomfortable with employees seeking development and struggles with onboarding outside of the company. A typical workday involves status meetings, constant emailing back & forth between the product managers and the brand team due to lack of formulated process & expectations.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing your creations in stor. The hardest part of the job was seeking additional experience and adapting to the culture Managers insist upon micro managing and unnecessary 1 hour long weekly status meetings
Pros
Nice staff, Affordable lunch cafeteria
Cons
Stale culture, Lack of development, No consistent procedural methods
na
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 20, 2017
The work place there is anything but good. The staff there do not try and work with you on anything . I did not enjoy my short period of time there. I lost this job due to an illness and they just didn't care !
Unorganized
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 14, 2017
The structure here was very unorganized and freedom was not allowed. Every store followed a cookie cutter design that didn't seem to be working. The company folded up shop soon after I left
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Little freedom
Productive and fun workplace with group lunch.
Sox tester (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMarch 13, 2017
The management style was basically setting the goal and job task. You are to work independently or in a team and ensure you meet deadlines. The culture and atmosphere is friendly, People mind their businesses and ready to help whenever they are being approached. Hardest part to me was sitting down for too long without the raised table. I like the coffee kitchen that was provided with lots of different type of coffee and tea to choose from.
Black & Decker/DeWalt
Advertising/Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 11, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Black & Decker/DeWalt. It was a fast paced environment working on advertisements and marketing materials for the west coast sales managers. Detail oriented, creative with direct input from the sales department and the management. We were in a small office until Black & Decker closed the office and moved us to the Black&Decker/Kwikset/Price Pfister corporate office an hour away.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Long commute
great place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 10, 2017
learned how to drive a forklift here first warehouse production job it taught me a lot about how business move working here was a great point in my life
Growing company focused on money
Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTMarch 9, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Stanley. I learned a decent amount and was compensated well. However, the company is growing and focus only on growing more. I felt I was treated as a number or tool for growth and not a person.
Work with a bunch of young great people from all ethnics background. The pay was slightly low compared to a nationwide bench mark.
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 9, 2017
For me it was ok to work there. When you relocate for Upstate NY you be looking for a fast pace job. It had procedures and guide lines to follow. A lot of the principles i adhere to cause that kind of climate I was from
Easy job but not good management.
Quality Auditor/ Inspector (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 9, 2017
Like working here but theirs no opportunity for advancement or growth. The management is not good at all. They tell you one thing and do another. The hardest part of my job is pulling heavy pallet that weight over a 1000 pounds with a pallet jack by hand. Been asking to get trained on the fork lift for 3 years and they keep giving me the run around. The most enjoyable part about my job is that I work alone.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Two 5 minute breaks and 1 20 minute lunch for a 10 hour work day.
it was a great working experience
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMarch 8, 2017
I learn how to test batteries and chargers it was a great experience and I would go back one day if ur looking for a wonderful work experience I would check out black and decker
Solid company
STRATEGIC MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 7, 2017
Solid company. Strong initiatives for continual improvement. Drive to innovate. If you are driven to work for a solid company and are a strong contributor you with thrive.
Challenging work environment that gives you a lot to learn
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 6, 2017
Many hours spent alone in stores. They expect autonomy while also enforcing a lot of rules. An interest in tools is recommended. There is a wide range of different types of managers, it's really just luck of the draw if you end up getting a good one or not. Going above and beyond is expected from day one, regardless of how comfortable you are in the position.
Productive and fun
Trainer and rework (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 6, 2017
Friendly work place and the management is good and give a lot opportunity to grow in the company and have the chance to meet a lot of people from other countries wich is fun.
Pros
A lot of overtimes
Cons
Short lunch brakes
Associate Brand Manager
Associate Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTMarch 5, 2017
Good work life balance. Multiple projects at once. Something new everyday. Numerous interactions with other departments while all working together fascinating products
Great
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 3, 2017
Great company to jump start your career!
SBD is a good company, and there are opportunities to learn.
Management is awesome!
Not a bad job, but very competitive and cut throat.
Creative (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 2, 2017
You can leave your moral compass at home because you won't need it here. I wish it wasn't true but the culture of the company is very hostile and abrasive. The positive side is that you get to work on a lot of interesting projects.
Was a nice place to work understandable took time to help you to learn the process of building the tools
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 2, 2017
The begining of your shift the team leader went over any new notices if any then we had our morning execerises then went to our line started making the drills our shift consists of 10 hours 4 days of the week and the 5th day was consider overtime . The most hardest part is standing continuous in one spot for 2-3 hours til break . Enjoy knowing how the tools were made from scratch and having the knowledge of how they work.
Pros
working 4 days having 3 off
Cons
standing long time with short breaks 2@ 10mins then 20 min lunch
Good Place to work good pay
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 28, 2017
work is not hard
good environment
mandatory overtime required sometimes
Building less than a year old clean inside
have two ping pong tables nice size breakroom
Cons
Short notice mandatory overtime
On the line
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2017
Busy, busy, busy.... everyday is a challenge. If you like challenges then this place is for you. Unfortunately I have other goals in my life I need to pursue. The Job here has been very rewarding so far. I could say Job security is a definite upside to this employment found here.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Friendly people
This was a good job , I loved it .
Assembly Line Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 15, 2017
Working at different work station. learned so many different job mangement was great, many different cultures, we worked good .the hardest part of the job was nothing.the best part was the people.
benefits
Cons
health care and good jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanley Black & Decker. Our community is ready to answer.

Stanley Black & Decker Reviews by Location