Stanley Black & Decker Employee Reviews

execllent growth environment
Sales & Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 20, 2017
best work experience of career, that includes owning a commercial printing business for 10 years; typical work day includes two Lowe's store visits, interacting with KDMs and promoting products, minimal face to face supervision if job is performed above standards, fair and communicative management style, no hard part to this job, sales events would be most enjoyable part of job, fair compensation and excellent semi-annual incentive programs, credit card and DeWalt truck supplied and gasoline.
aggressive and progressive growth program
excellent growth opportunity for entry level college grads
Pros
all pros
Cons
2.5 hour drives to stores
Fast paced job horrible bosses
Assembly Line Worker, Tester (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INMay 19, 2017
Worked for almost 90 days received several raises and a promotion. Then suddenly fired claiming I missed 18 days. After proving I had not missed more than 2 they claimed poor performance and quality issues. As stated raises and promotion the promotion happened 4 days before termination.
Great company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 17, 2017
Great company. Typical day assisting customer with purchase orders and answering call to fulfill orders. Customer service skills is very helpful. Great management.
Enviroment to start
Heavy Equipment Operator and trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 16, 2017
Great team parners, great area to work .
People is very naice and des complicated.
Reason I stop work there it was becase i start working as a drives.
Pros
Good break time
Cons
No health insurance
Easy opportunities for advancement
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 9, 2017
Great work/life balance and exposure to many facets of the business including operations, sales and product management. Great employees and management who cares for employees.
Basic employee needs met
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 5, 2017
Was not there long enough to experience long-term benefits of being a black & decker employee, but it was a nice experience while I was there. Good experience at the health fair.
Strong Company
Sales and Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2017
Great place to work, they invest in training and giving you the tools to be successful. This role works from home/out of a truck so there was a lot of driving involved.
Good
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 2, 2017
Had a great time working for them. We as the inside sales people did not have to worry about our jobs but the warehouse did everyday. Did love the people.
Graet Job
Service Technician I (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 1, 2017
Cleaning the rooms
Hoe medical are manufactured
Management was great and understanding
Culture was great and understanding
Learning the machines
The culture, management and people
Pros
Learning pharmacuticles
Cons
Nothing that I can think of
Few opportunities for temps
Paint Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 28, 2017
I worked at two paint lines during my tenure here. On one paint line there were ample opportunities for overtime and I managed to make great pay. Usually get the full weekend off so that provides time for leisure between work. The coworkers and management were all nice but there were not very many opportunities to learn new tasks and become more acquainted with the operations of a factory. The work was relatively easy compared even to high stress fast food employment I've had experience with that pays much little. I would recommend it to anyone who needs work but look elsewhere if you want to grow in an industry.
Productive, fun place to work..
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 27, 2017
I enjoy working at Stanley each day, the atmosphere is really laid back and everyone is really very friendly.

Typically, my day is really very busy providing support to within my teammates.

Stanley is always changing and improving processes.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, people are really friendly
Cons
I cannot really think of any cons at this time.
It was ok
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 27, 2017
I enjoyed my job it was just temporary,but other then that it was a good work place.T he plp was great to work around they were very friendly and helpfull.
Job
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCApril 26, 2017
Production was very hard to reach. They are very strict on production. Upper management does not do much work. High rate of turn-overs. Sometimes mandatory overtime on Saturdays. You only get 20 minutes for lunch and no breaks
what i do everyday
ASSEMBLEY LINE WORKER & MACHINE SHOP (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 26, 2017
assemble power tools and also run the machines that makes the part for the power tools.i also tested the power tools and put serial number label on them and packed them for them to be shipped out.
Productive place
Compressor Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IAApril 25, 2017
Descent paying job, was clean environment to work in very fast paced,,,,breaks were not long enough considering it was a 12 hour shift with same amount of breaks you would get on a 8 hour shift
A company that does not value employees
CDIY (Current Employee) –  USApril 24, 2017
I've worked at Stanley Black & Decker for a number of years. I would not recommend it to anyone. Below average compensation, and a company with an old boys club mentality. It's all about who you know, not how well you do your job.

Communication between corporate and employees is limited to non-existent. There is little support for employees. Policies and procedures are unclear and seem to be made up as they go along.

If you want to feel like you are only a number and utterly expendable, this is the place for you.
Pros
None I can think of
Cons
Low compensation, little to no recognition
great environment of staff
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 24, 2017
I worked 3rd shift at 11pm until 7am sunday through Friday morning. we unloaded trucks and placed items on a pallet according to a stack pattern. We also worked on production meaning the more you do the more you make.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
it will take a toll on your body
Clean work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INApril 23, 2017
Clean work environment, they're willing to easily get along with and work with you if you are having any work related issues. Overall not a bad place to work.
Pros
Non union
Cons
Not enough pay
Unethical decision making
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 23, 2017
Signed offer letter, completed drug screening and background check, received confirmation of meeting background standards AND was further ensured that a "representative would reach out further to coordinate a start date soon"... only to receive a call hours later informing me of an "internal change" that would no longer allow for the ALREADY offered position. This offer letter was contingent only on work authorization, passed DT and CBC.

Disorganized and inconsistent to say the least... This sort of decision making can lead to obvious liabilities. Highly disappointed that this sort of behavior is allowed in Human Resources especially as a HR professional who genuinely cares for the people.
Pros
Nice offer, although never received
Cons
Does not care for the people
Fast paced busy environment
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 22, 2017
Solid company with good benefits and decent pay.

They do not always promote the right people into middle management, making it difficult to work at times. There is definitely an environment of "who you know."
Pros
Good benefits - expensive but pretty good coverage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanley Black & Decker. Our community is ready to answer.

Stanley Black & Decker Reviews by Location