Stanley Steamer Employee Reviews in United States

stanley steamer
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCNovember 18, 2015
Setting up the van for the day and figuring out the best route to execute the day. I learned a lot about different people life styles and to always be quick to listen and slow to speak.
good job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 16, 2015
At Stanley Steemer I got to meet a lot of interesting people.
I got to explore my surroundings.
learn about carpets n how to clean them.
Pros
i got paid
Cons
not everyone was nice
Hard physical labor but got a lot of satisfaction when you saw how pleased a customer was
Assistant Manager from 1998 to 1999. (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLSeptember 29, 2015
although the job was labor intensive it was interesting to meet a wide variety of people and personalities. the employees were easy to work with, it was a team atmosphere.
Pros
all of the employees were easy to get along wit
Cons
labor intensive
Good Place
Customer Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 23, 2015
The day there in the life of Stanley Steemer was a good day. I would go in a first do the accounts payable and receivable. Then go through all the daily invoices and put them in the system, and any notes they had on them place those in as well. I also did payroll and new hire training. Helped with new hire paper work. Also what type of payment method was use. It was also a position were i was able to show my sales skills. I was really good friends with the management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job to me was that I could not move up in the company unless I transferred to another state/
Pros
The benifits, and the place was a great place to be, the hours were awsome
Cons
The work you learned at the job and did you did not get credit for for your future
10/10 would never do again
Assistant Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 12, 2015
worst working conditions ive ever dealt with. inmates dont deserve to be put through the conditions set forth by this company. coworkers and management treat you like second class employees then wonder why you dont care about doing a good job
Fun workplace, Good management, Some late nights
Assistant Salesman (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJune 21, 2015
Good company and you are able to move up fast if you are willing. the work isn't to hard, but there are nights that you will stay out pretty late. The management is pretty cool and there is gym in the shop.
the hours were not good
Carpet Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJune 12, 2015
The management was great but overall i barely got 15 hours a week. They didnt reallu schedule many jobs. But the coworkers and what I learned was great!
fun laid back work space with great job advancement oppurtunity
Helper (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NJJanuary 23, 2015
i enjoyed my time at Stanley steemer . everyone there is down to earth.
Great Company
Carpet Tech (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Nice place to work! Great staff. Fun work environment, challenging, good co workers, great incentives and commission, good leadership, nice customers.
Interesting place to work - always a different scenery
Carpet/Duct cleaner (Former Employee) –  N Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2014
Typical day included sales activities, carpet labor including mechanical repairs of equipment, duct work cleaning, both commercial and residential.
Lots of diversity.
Pros
meeting a lot of new and different people. diversity in work tasks.
Cons
inconsistent work schedule, too many days where there was little to no work.
Stanley Steamer
Fleet Technician (Former Employee) –  Sandy UtahJuly 26, 2014
A typical work day consisted of these duties
• To assist the Crew Chief in all duties necessary to provide quality carpet and upholstery cleaning; or tile and grout cleaning.
• Set up the van at the job site using the proper set-up procedures.
• Productively and safely move furniture to prepare the home for cleaning.
• Assist in cleaning when Crew Chief is performing other job responsibilities.
• Apply protection and deodorizers; or agents and color seal to carpet and furniture or tile and grout.
• Wipe all baseboards.
• Finish out carpeting (rake) after cleaning and other services.
• Account for and return all cleaning tools and cleaning agents, hoses, chemicals, etc. to the truck before departure from the customer’s home.
• Clean vehicle at end of each day.
• Proper inventory of blocks, pads, spotting agents and retail items on truck.
Attended company training courses on how to effectively inform customers about and sell retail items. Met company training requirements in upholding all company safety policies. Hands on training on Assisting in backing of van using proper backing procedure. I was educated on Upholding all company policies and procedures. My co-workers were team players being able to depend on each other to continually meet deadlines and handle a variety of customers in a positive manner. The hardest part of the job was moving a piece of furniture and the customers personal items fell out. It was hard to have to accidently invade some ones privacy when you are being professional. The most enjoyable part of this job was witnessing the customer satisfaction when
  more... the job performed was performed above and beyond the companies standard. This allow more customers and employee interaction and customer clientele.  less
Pros
overtime, benefits, challenges of each day
Cons
healthcare
Relaxed and casual place to work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flatwoods, KYJuly 20, 2014
Enjoyed working here but work was seasonal and no room to advance.
Pros
good hours
Cons
seasonal work
Not very professional
Customer Service Adviser/Sales (Former Employee) –  TampaApril 16, 2014
Overall a great company, but the leadership are unprofessional. Never had an issue with management but how they handled other employees was very unprofessional.
Pros
flexiable work schedule.
Customer service job that required heavy sales.
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  North Olmstead, OHFebruary 3, 2014
I would come in the mornings and put in the payments from the previous day and balance the books. Then the company would open and I'd start taking customer phone calls and answering questions about our services and tried to sell our services to customers. I entered their information into our data base and scheduled appointments for them. I handled dispatch with our technicians and took their credit card payments over the phone. The job was very sale based and you were penalized if you didn't meet a certain quota for each job type that we offered. I was promised a certain position when I was hired and it was never given to me or I would not have taken the job. I loved my co-workers and we got a long great. The technicians were really nice too and it was a fun work environment.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
too heavyily of a fucos on sales.
Carpet Tech
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 6, 2014
It was a demanding job with a one man crew, you would have to move all furniture no matter how big or small. i injured myself moving one heavy piece and job was no longer available when returned.
Could have been better
Crew Chief/Carpet Tech (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLDecember 2, 2013
Cleaning Carpet.
Management could have been better.co-workers were ok to work with.The best part of this job was being on the road.
not much to say
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2013
if your a hard worker and don't mind not having days off are working all day and not making much money some days but still put in a good sweat its the job for You.
fun place to work
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 4, 2013
meeting new faces daily

pulling hoses in out of the van

having awsome co workers
Small City Franchise
Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 17, 2013
The Stanley Steemer I worked for didnt have many employees, It was owned by a family and I loved working there but I moved to Phoenix so I had to quit.
Fun work envioment
temp for TM logistic (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 8, 2013
Something new everyday.Working outside and meeting new people.