Stanley Steamer Employee Reviews

It a good work environment
Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTJanuary 24, 2017
Stanley steemer is a good company to work for its a motivated environment management goes by the book the benifits and the pay are fair ive been employed four years without a complaint
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
You never know when your getting off
awesome company
Restoration Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 3, 2017
if you aren't afraid to get dirty and love working long hours this is the job for you
great comradely and fun job just not enough compensation for the time away from home
great place to work, opportunity to make alot of money, manager is always available to help.
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville floridaFebruary 8, 2017
A typical day at work would start with our morning meetings before heading out into the field to clean. assistance would prep trucks. Going out meeting different people and cleaning carpet, furniture, tile, etc. Ive learned why cleaning carpet is important and what it is a must in households. Our manager is a great guy. He always makes time to be available to help out his team with any questions or problems they run into. The hardest part of the Job is not knowing when you are getting off. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to make a lot of money and meet different people. Overall Stanley Steemer is a good company to work for.
Pros
if you need days off boss is understanding
Cons
you never know what time you're getting off.
Productive fun work place with a pool table and weight room
Tech Asst. and Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  10363 hill pointFebruary 13, 2017
Typical day started at 7 a.m. every morning. Started with morning duties sweeping the bay and others had their other morning duties. Then started with group meeting
We then would break and begin our work day the management was slacking but the employees made it worth while. The hardest part of the job was not knowing when i was going to be off everyday and having to work sundays.
Productive and fun workplace with free drinks.
Technician & Expert (Current Employee) –  Napa, CANovember 11, 2016
I stock up the truck and put gas in my van before i start my route. I learned how to explain our products to every single customer. My managers are very friendly and encouraging. Most of my co-workers are hardworking and reliable. The toughest part of the job is being cautious while I'm driving the company vehicle. A customers satisfaction is the most enjoyable part of the job for me.
Pros
Break in between jobs
Good Place
Customer Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 23, 2015
The day there in the life of Stanley Steemer was a good day. I would go in a first do the accounts payable and receivable. Then go through all the daily invoices and put them in the system, and any notes they had on them place those in as well. I also did payroll and new hire training. Helped with new hire paper work. Also what type of payment method was use. It was also a position were i was able to show my sales skills. I was really good friends with the management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job to me was that I could not move up in the company unless I transferred to another state/
Pros
The benifits, and the place was a great place to be, the hours were awsome
Cons
The work you learned at the job and did you did not get credit for for your future
decent hours with decent pay. below average management
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 20, 2016
a typical day working for Stanley steamer was driving the company truck to the customers house to start the job. I had the pleasure of working with some fun & down to earth co-workers. management was very rude & needs to evaluate the way they run the business.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management, hrs, pay
Unorganized company with no values toward employee well being.
Crew Chief/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Grayslake, ILOctober 3, 2012
I along with most of my co-workers have been injured on the job due to manager negligence. We worked an average of 60+ hours a week. And they often refused to submit injury reports and workers compensation claims.
Management once had me fill out an injury report because of a back injury. I was told after much complaining to go home. after waiting three weeks i still was not hearing from their insurance company. I was forced to go back to work, for lack of money. And later found out the report had not been filed.
I enjoyed the interaction with the customers, and the training was good. But I find it hard to say much good about a job that threatened to fire me for wanting to go to the hospital because of back pain.
I and two of my co-workers have severe, life altering back problems, due to this method of employee treatment. And after surgery and steroid treatments, I am still unable to stand for more than 15 minutes at a time.
Pros
good products, good employee training.
Cons
bad business practices and bad employee treatment.
Carpet Cleaner
Carpet Cleaner Assistance (Former Employee) –  Port Chester, NYJune 3, 2016
Clean carpet, wood, tile, furniture, and resortion water
Learn how to use chemicals
time management
co-worker is great teamwork
Going customer house
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
variable hours to finish for the day
Quality employers offering Quality Service and Product
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 28, 2013
I loved my employment with this company. The owners were extremely nice and easy to work with. I went from secretary to administrative assistant to office manager. They offered excellent benefits and bonuses. The work environment was faced paced, positive, and organized.
its ok
Carpet Cleaning Tech (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 2, 2016
you clean carpet an other stuff it hard to make money in the winter you may only show up for one job it may not have enough work to make back what you spent in gas
Pros
exparance
Cons
not enough money
ok workplace
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  port chester nyJuly 9, 2013
good hustle job and alot of hours learned alot on communicating with customers
Pros
work keeps u in shape
Cons
not good salary
stable job wish i can go back
carpret asst (Former Employee) –  new jerey, berlinJanuary 20, 2012
made a honest mistake and no one coulded help me but i can apply in three months
Pros
great benifits
Cons
n/a
Stanley Steamer
Fleet Technician (Former Employee) –  Sandy UtahJuly 26, 2014
A typical work day consisted of these duties
• To assist the Crew Chief in all duties necessary to provide quality carpet and upholstery cleaning; or tile and grout cleaning.
• Set up the van at the job site using the proper set-up procedures.
• Productively and safely move furniture to prepare the home for cleaning.
• Assist in cleaning when Crew Chief is performing other job responsibilities.
• Apply protection and deodorizers; or agents and color seal to carpet and furniture or tile and grout.
• Wipe all baseboards.
• Finish out carpeting (rake) after cleaning and other services.
• Account for and return all cleaning tools and cleaning agents, hoses, chemicals, etc. to the truck before departure from the customer’s home.
• Clean vehicle at end of each day.
• Proper inventory of blocks, pads, spotting agents and retail items on truck.
Attended company training courses on how to effectively inform customers about and sell retail items. Met company training requirements in upholding all company safety policies. Hands on training on Assisting in backing of van using proper backing procedure. I was educated on Upholding all company policies and procedures. My co-workers were team players being able to depend on each other to continually meet deadlines and handle a variety of customers in a positive manner. The hardest part of the job was moving a piece of furniture and the customers personal items fell out. It was hard to have to accidently invade some ones privacy when you are being professional. The most enjoyable part of this job was witnessing the customer satisfaction
  more... when the job performed was performed above and beyond the companies standard. This allow more customers and employee interaction and customer clientele.  less
Pros
overtime, benefits, challenges of each day
Cons
healthcare
nice people
Lead Carper Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 16, 2013
good place if you like long hours and good pay i did not mind the job it was not bad
Pros
money
Cons
long houres
Customer service job that required heavy sales.
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  North Olmstead, OHFebruary 3, 2014
I would come in the mornings and put in the payments from the previous day and balance the books. Then the company would open and I'd start taking customer phone calls and answering questions about our services and tried to sell our services to customers. I entered their information into our data base and scheduled appointments for them. I handled dispatch with our technicians and took their credit card payments over the phone. The job was very sale based and you were penalized if you didn't meet a certain quota for each job type that we offered. I was promised a certain position when I was hired and it was never given to me or I would not have taken the job. I loved my co-workers and we got a long great. The technicians were really nice too and it was a fun work environment.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Too heavyily of a fucos on sales.
Alot of work and less money
Carpet Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Rancho CordovaMay 8, 2013
Working at Stanley Steamer, was a good experience for me. I learned how to improve my costumer service by talking to customers in the comfort of there own home. A typical day of work was pretty simple, first thing that was completed was the van check up. Which included checking the engine oil, making sure the van was fully stocked and tires had the right amount of air pressure. I didn't really know my co-workers as well as i wanted to, but they all were hard workers. everyday we had a two man team on every truck. The most hardest thing about working at Stanley Steamer was the fact that we had to clean stairs, and the thing i enjoyed most about this job was the tips from customers.
Pros
free donuts, on Saturdays
Cons
no breaks, and made only 10%
Very stressful Job
Carpet Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Camden, DEJune 9, 2012
Worked for them for a year you never knew how much work you had, sometimes you would have 8 jobs to do from one end of Delaware to the next sometimes out of state. Other days you would come in and get sent home. Very unstable hours and pay.The best thing i ever did was get away from that company. They worked you like slaves and had no sympathy for any type of family emergencies. The boss was racist and mean and never not once was a decent person. I would not recommend working for the Newcastle Delaware branch of Stanley steamer to my worst enemy.
Pros
alot of driving time between houses a chance to unwind and relax between jobs
Cons
bad boss, bad pay, unstable times and money, does not appreciate hard work
Hard physical labor but got a lot of satisfaction when you saw how pleased a customer was
Assistant Manager from 1998 to 1999. (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLSeptember 29, 2015
although the job was labor intensive it was interesting to meet a wide variety of people and personalities. the employees were easy to work with, it was a team atmosphere.
Pros
all of the employees were easy to get along wit
Cons
labor intensive
10/10 would never do again
Assistant Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 12, 2015
worst working conditions ive ever dealt with. inmates dont deserve to be put through the conditions set forth by this company. coworkers and management treat you like second class employees then wonder why you dont care about doing a good job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanley Steamer. Our community is ready to answer.