Stanley Steamer

Stanley Steamer Employer Reviews

Interesting place to work - always a different scenery
Carpet/Duct cleaner (Former Employee), N Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2014
Pros: meeting a lot of new and different people. diversity in work tasks.
Cons: inconsistent work schedule, too many days where there was little to no work.
Typical day included sales activities, carpet labor including mechanical repairs of equipment, duct work cleaning, both commercial and residential.
Lots of diversity.
Stanley Steamer
Fleet Technician (Former Employee), Sandy UtahJuly 26, 2014
Pros: overtime, benefits, challenges of each day
Cons: healthcare
A typical work day consisted of these duties
• To assist the Crew Chief in all duties necessary to provide quality carpet and upholstery cleaning; or tile and grout cleaning.
• Set up the van at the job site using the proper set-up procedures.
• Productively and safely move furniture to prepare the home for cleaning.
• Assist in cleaning when Crew Chief – more... is performing other job responsibilities.
• Apply protection and deodorizers; or agents and color seal to carpet and furniture or tile and grout.
• Wipe all baseboards.
• Finish out carpeting (rake) after cleaning and other services.
• Account for and return all cleaning tools and cleaning agents, hoses, chemicals, etc. to the truck before departure from the customer’s home.
• Clean vehicle at end of each day.
• Proper inventory of blocks, pads, spotting agents and retail items on truck.
Attended company training courses on how to effectively inform customers about and sell retail items. Met company training requirements in upholding all company safety policies. Hands on training on Assisting in backing of van using proper backing procedure. I was educated on Upholding all company policies and procedures. My co-workers were team players being able to depend on each other to continually meet deadlines and handle a variety of customers in a positive manner. The hardest part of the job was moving a piece of furniture and the customers personal items fell out. It was hard to have to accidently invade some ones privacy when you are being professional. The most enjoyable part of this job was witnessing the customer satisfaction when the job performed was performed above and beyond the companies standard. This allow more customers and employee interaction and customer clientele. – less
Relaxed and casual place to work
Assistant (Former Employee), Flatwoods, KYJuly 20, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: seasonal work
Enjoyed working here but work was seasonal and no room to advance.
Not very professional
Customer Service Adviser/Sales (Former Employee), TampaApril 16, 2014
Pros: flexiable work schedule.
Overall a great company, but the leadership are unprofessional. Never had an issue with management but how they handled other employees was very unprofessional.
Customer service job that required heavy sales.
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee), North Olmstead, OHFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: too heavyily of a fucos on sales.
I would come in the mornings and put in the payments from the previous day and balance the books. Then the company would open and I'd start taking customer phone calls and answering questions about our services and tried to sell our services to customers. I entered their information into our data base and scheduled appointments for them. I handled dispatch – more... with our technicians and took their credit card payments over the phone. The job was very sale based and you were penalized if you didn't meet a certain quota for each job type that we offered. I was promised a certain position when I was hired and it was never given to me or I would not have taken the job. I loved my co-workers and we got a long great. The technicians were really nice too and it was a fun work environment. – less
Carpet Tech
Carpet Technician (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJanuary 6, 2014
It was a demanding job with a one man crew, you would have to move all furniture no matter how big or small. i injured myself moving one heavy piece and job was no longer available when returned.
Could have been better
Crew Chief/Carpet Tech (Former Employee), Gulf Breeze, FLDecember 2, 2013
Cleaning Carpet.
Management could have been better.co-workers were ok to work with.The best part of this job was being on the road.
not much to say
Crew Chief (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2013
if your a hard worker and don't mind not having days off are working all day and not making much money some days but still put in a good sweat its the job for You.
fun place to work
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 4, 2013
meeting new faces daily

pulling hoses in out of the van

having awsome co workers
Small City Franchise
Technician (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNOctober 17, 2013
The Stanley Steemer I worked for didnt have many employees, It was owned by a family and I loved working there but I moved to Phoenix so I had to quit.
Fun work envioment
temp for TM logistic (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCOctober 8, 2013
Something new everyday.Working outside and meeting new people.
Carpet Tech (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 2, 2013
A typical day would be getting a list of locations. Going to individual homes and clean carpet. Be polite and get the job done.
Productive company
Carpet Technician (Current Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 4, 2013
Management is very approachable and helping when needed. I have become very knowledge in cleaning and caring for all types of flooring.
Quality employers offering Quality Service and Product
Office Manager (Former Employee), Mobile, ALAugust 28, 2013
I loved my employment with this company. The owners were extremely nice and easy to work with. I went from secretary to administrative assistant to office manager. They offered excellent benefits and bonuses. The work environment was faced paced, positive, and organized.
ALot of driving but enjoyable
Technician (Former Employee), Machesney Park, ILAugust 21, 2013
I would get to the shop every morning around 530-600 and I would help get the trucks ready for the day. Also get everyone's paper work lined up so they would know where there first stop would be. Then I would go to people houses and clean carpets, furniture, tile, wood floors, and more.
comfortable enviroment
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 21, 2013
It was a good and fair company to work for. always something to keep you busy.
nice people
Lead Carper Cleaner (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INAugust 16, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: long houres
good place if you like long hours and good pay i did not mind the job it was not bad
ok workplace
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee), port chester nyJuly 9, 2013
Pros: work keeps u in shape
Cons: not good salary
good hustle job and alot of hours learned alot on communicating with customers
Alot of work and less money
Carpet Cleaner (Former Employee), Rancho CordovaMay 8, 2013
Pros: free donuts, on saturdays
Cons: no breaks, and made only 10%
Working at Stanley Steamer, was a good experience for me. I learned how to improve my costumer service by talking to customers in the comfort of there own home. A typical day of work was pretty simple, first thing that was completed was the van check up. Which included checking the engine oil, making sure the van was fully stocked and tires had the – more... right amount of air pressure. I didn't really know my co-workers as well as i wanted to, but they all were hard workers. everyday we had a two man team on every truck. The most hardest thing about working at Stanley Steamer was the fact that we had to clean stairs, and the thing i enjoyed most about this job was the tips from customers. – less
Packing out houses that have Fire/water damage
Fire & Water Restoration Specialist (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: meeting new customers, gaining muscle, fast pace, beatiful homes
Cons: the pay, never got 40 hours
On a typical day it would consists. Fire/Smoke damaged homes: Take everything that is salvageable and remove from home. Clean home thoroughly for construction team to make repairs. Take items to shop for thorough cleaning. Unsalvageable items are disposed of properly. Construction team repairs home for habitation. After construction cleanup. Furniture – more... team brings new furniture in for homeowner/renters. Bring back everything that was cleaned and returned to home.

Water damaged homes: Figure humidity in home to determine if any structure damage and if so, repair. Pull up carpet and padding. Pack out home as explained above. Clean home thoroughly for construction team to make repairs. After construction cleanup. Clean items removed from home as well as the home itself and then return items.

I have learned to always have home owner insurance because you never know what will happen. I have see many houses burnt to the ground and we can only salvage a couple of items. Its really sad. Dont take anything for granted because it would all be gone in a blink of a eye.

I worked with great people. I became very close to my supervisor. I looked up to her in many ways.

The hardest part of my job was the moving out process. Trying to be able to lift a sectional with recliners in them, With two people.

I love this job very much. But I didnt see me going anywhere with this company. I would stay at what I made a hour and never excell. I love meeting news customers. They made my job worth it. Being able to travel was awesome. I gained muscle. I realized how fast I could be. I can pack a whole house out by myself in a day and a half. Depending on how big the house was. – less

Stanley Steamer Photos