Stanley Steemer Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work.
Former technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 22, 2017
The management is terrible. All they do is push sales. It’s like they don’t understand that hte customers know what they want for the most part. Sure you can enlighten them about services we provide that they may not have been aware about, but at the end of the day, it’s THEIR MONEY. The managers think we can force the customers to spend more money that they don’t have. And they’ll put you on blast in front of your co workers and talk bad about you. If you’re looking for a low playing job that’s back breaking, apply here. If you’re looking for a career, look some place else.
Pros
You’ll learn about carpet care.
Cons
Long hours. No work life balance. Low pay
Great income for go getters.lazy people wont make it here
Technician (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 8, 2017
Rancho office is great.great managers.great income potential.good coworkers averaging700 a week.theres way harder jobs out there making10.50 an hour.if your lucky enough to get hired here in Rancho,Then appreciate it and work hard and youll make good money here.Im serious! ive seen peoples checks
Pros
Great income
Cons
Got to have great customer service skills and be a hard worker.No lazy people here
Lots of Potential
Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 8, 2017
Stanley Steemer gives you a bunch of opportunities to grow as employee. You can make a lot of money here. Pay is very fair for the work you do. They also love to promote from within and you can really make a career here which a reason that sold me on the position.
Really awful managers job is a lie
Airduct tech (Current Employee) –  AnonymousSeptember 6, 2017
This job is a good stepping stone but don't look to Stanley Steemer as a long term solution. You gotta be the managers friend to get good routes. The air duct technician portion is a lie. They get commisions not hourly wages. They also have the second most meticulous job in the shop minus water techs. You'll be treated like a dawg and the minute you fall off the add on bandwagon your job will be threatened. Not a good atmosphere, lacks good leadership, and the compensation isnt worth what you'll put into it.
Pros
Free carpet cleaning
Cons
Literally treated like a slave
A great company to work for while you are in school
Carpet Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, OregonAugust 29, 2017
I have been with steemer for over five years now, and it has been a great experience. The job can be tough, but management has your back and is willing to work with technicians if there is a problem. As a part time college student, steemer has been very flexible with working with my school schedule which is one of the best things about this job. With the wages I have gotten from this job, I have also been able to pay for most of my schooling as well as maintain a social life and pay for my current bills. I am very grateful to be a part of this company that has taken care of me while I pursue my goals in school!
Pros
Good pay, Good management, Good Co-workers, Never a boring day, Flexible with schedules
Cons
Long hours, Hard work
Great company with lots of growth opportunity
Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 29, 2017
I've been with Stanley Steemer for over 10 years and worked my way from a Technician on the trucks all the way to an upper manager level position. I wouldn't say it was easy and you have to prove yourself in order to be considered for the opportunities available but I was developed along the way by some great managers/leaders. Great company for someone who is driven and looking for a company that trains you to grow with it.
Highly recommend.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, company trips.
Commission based job not worth the hassle.
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  KYAugust 15, 2017
Working here is great if you're one of the handpicked pets who goes to the rich houses. If you're like me and bust your butt daily on $99 specials, move outs and redos you're going to hate it. You're expected to make money from commission but if you're doing a redo or move out, people aren't spending money. I had one week that consisted of nothing but redos, GSCs "which are another scam", and move outs. I made the bare minimum my company pays which is called supplemental. Yay $8 for 48 hours worth of work. They dilute their products down to nothing and wonder why the stuff doesn't work. Horrid place that takes great people and breaks them down to nothing. Not worth the job. Management is two faced and are always talking out the side of their heads behind your back, which in this place comes right back to you before the end of the day.
Pros
If you get spoon fed jobs great $ potential
Cons
Everything else..
Great Place for Entry Level- Lots of great people
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 14, 2017
Stanely Steemer is by far the best company I've worked for. This job has given me the opportunity to start as an entry level and move through the ranks!
Pros
Team Work- Cook outs- Development
Horrible Company to work for
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2017
Overall bad experience working for a well-known company I've worked for many well-known companies but this is the worse the management and communications department is the worst I got laid off and they didn't even let me know The managers had not responded to any of my calls text messages or emails but the overall environment when it comes down to your partners and crew chiefs that you ride with are Great because you work with the great guys and the trucks such as your partner but the management and guys that sit behind a desk at the branch that you work for is horrible especially the branch that is on 920 West Pershing Rd.
Pros
A laid-back job and you find yourself working with great partners on the trucks
Cons
100% commission, management is not the best at all, The way that they treat you is wrong
Fun Workplace where hard work is noticed! Great possibility for advancement!!!
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 3, 2017
A typical day at work consists of morning meetings and then you are sent out on the trucks. You can expect to service about 6 homes per day, and make good money doing it. You can earn bonuses for additional services you provide in a customers home which is a huge plus, but even if you don't... You still get paid for the job. Sometimes the hours are long, but in my opinion that's just more money in my pocket. Great management and training, and they promote from within so if you are motivated there is a lot of opportunity. Hardest part of the job is that it's work, expect to get your hands dirty. Customer interaction is key. Most enjoyable part of the job is the culture, you get to meet new people and also play ping pong or pool with employees
Pros
Opportunity for money, Management, Change of Pace
Cons
Sometimes it's long hours
Worst place ever
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2017
This is the worst company in indianapolis to work at. Their old vans dont have no air they want you to do 7+ jobs a day again with little air they horrible
this company is a joke
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJuly 13, 2017
I can not tell you how many 16 hr days i worked for this company without receiving one dime in overtime. Management sucks , they are the biggest douchebags in the world and if you have a family you wont have any time to spend with them.
Pros
Cons
everything
Never never never
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 27, 2017
This is the worst company ever. All they want you to do is beg people for extra services. They promote you if you have a couple good weeks of adding on then the moment you slip for a week they demote you. They are always messing up your pay check then you spend a week fighting with them to get it fix. Management is horrible. They hang guys out to dry when they feel that they have no use for them anymore.
95/5 sales job
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 13, 2017
They woo you in saying you can easily make over $50,000. They don't mention that this is a 95% sales job. During training they act like they just want to see if you are able to do the work but you will find out if you can't bring in over $1000 in sales every week you will be on the verge of getting fired. Management wants you to beg customers to add additional services to make the company profit. Mind you for every $100 dollars you add you only receive $20 of that before taxes. NOT WORTH THE EFFORT
Pros
Driving experience you can use on your next job
Cons
Everything else..poor management, disrespectful talks management continuously has with you. Hostile work environment
The management is awful
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAMay 30, 2017
First the interview was lies and he was picking people out who he was going to give a job before he started interviewing them. The company needs better management that isn't racist, judge it turns people away and also customers who wants a company that can't manage to do your flooring?
Decent Pay but no morals
Agent (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 23, 2017
If you have any ideals about moving up in the company or learning new things, this is not for you. The pay is decent, however you will be treated like a dog. At one point, the upper management was under investigation for discrimination AND unethical practices, flat out called agents racist & even liars. If you need a temporary job until you find something else, go for it... This is NOT a long term career or even long term job in general
Pros
okay pay
Cons
management, favoritism, awful enviroment, liars, cheats, discrimination
Fun place to work
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMay 9, 2017
I've worked for Stanley Steemer for over 3 years now and I really enjoy the job, there are some cons (long days etc) however the great thing is if your good with people this job can be very beneficial. Most of the Crew Chiefs and up make 40-60k per year and the company offers benefits, medical/dental/life insurance along with 401k and Pto which is big for me. The opportunity to advance is something you can do easily with some hard work and dedication and a lot of the managers are previous technicians so they understand the job at hand. Training is provided and you ride with other technicians (2 person team) so they can help you get up to speed. Overall just like any business it can depend on the location but I'm happy with mine.
Pros
Money is good, benefits, fun work environment
Cons
Some days can be long
Steemer Life
Assistant/Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIApril 7, 2017
Stanley steemer is a tough job but with hard work it pays off. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Some days steemer does take your day up but 90% of the time it's worth it. Pay is a little jacked up. Overall it's a good place to work and make money and management are on your side. Apply if you want a good job with benefits and guaranteed overtime.
Pros
Not been stuck in office all day.
Cons
Never know where your next job is or what time you getting off
Great Culture-Great People
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 24, 2017
Stanley Steemer offers great advancement opportunity throughout their company. If growth and commitment is what your looking for, this is the company for you.

The culture is unlike anything you would ever expect at a corporate level. Very welcoming and genuine.
Pros
Great People
Awesome Job
Carpet Tech (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIFebruary 4, 2017
Stanley Steemer has been a great job. I was able to come in with no experience and work my way up through the system. If you are willing to put in the extra effort there are plenty of opportunities to advance, but nothing is given to someone that expects a hand out. Management has always been willing to help me improve my skill set anytime I've ever asked for help. Stanley Steemer has become a career for me when at the beginning I thought maybe it would just be a job.
Pros
Made a lot of friends on staff, Advancement opportunities, Pay, Management started entry level
Cons
Not knowing when you get off each day/ Some of the staff is immature, lazy, unreliable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanley Steemer. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4