Stanley Steemer Int. Inc.

Stanley Steemer Int. Inc. Employee Reviews

enjoyable and fun
Crew Shift (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 25, 2015
Pros: great commissions
Cons: too much driving
Fun work to do when you have to travel to the customer's residents and provide good service by cleaning their carpets, floors or furniture. It was fun to advertise the company's cleaning products and sell them.
very fun workplace full of exciting people
floor technician (Former Employee), chicago,ilMay 22, 2015
i was a housekeeping cleaner and a floor technician at this establishment. i would sweep and mop my assigned floors, and buff all floors as needed. all assigned rooms would be cleaned by myself and other staff. i would also strip and wax when needed.
Review from Wife's Perspective
Cleaning Technician (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 20, 2015
Pros: healthcare, pay, physical activity
Cons: hours
Stanley Steemer is a good company to work for. In about a month, my husband has made $3,000 - and this isn't the busiest time. He just started working there, and when the job is mainly based on commission and he's just starting out - therefore not going out mostly with high-earning crew chiefs - and making $3k, I see this as being a good thing. He's set to make over $36,000 this year if this average continues.

The benefits aren't spectacular, compared to his previous employer, but they're there and they'll work because at least he has benefits where most companies think giving their employer unsatisfactory health insurance (Stanley Steemer's isn't unsatisfactory, it will work for our family and my daughter has a chronic illness that requires close monitoring and prescription medications) and a 10% discount on merchandise is good. You get two weeks vacation at a year, 12 weeks unpaid FMLA at a year, a certain amount of short term disability, and the ability to request a leave of absence if needed. You get your carpet cleaned free once a year and there's room for advancement, more than I can say for most companies but less than I can say for his previous employer.

My husband has had to be at work as early as 6am and come home as late as 11pm, but he gets Sundays off and it's not like that every week, and he was well paid for the time he was out (water extractions pay super well).

The work is easy but sometimes monotonous - you clean carpets, deal with customers, clean tile, clean furniture, move furniture.

Overall, this is a good company to work for and I would recommend it to anyone who is capable of putting up with the hours.
Work
Carpet Technician and Chemical Lock-up Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2015
Lots of hours and sometimes its very limited time for family. if you are good at making you own money this is a good job for you because its commission based pay.
the office is clean and bright. Pleasant place to workk
Customer Service (Former Employee), Dublin, OHMay 19, 2015
Pros: commission
Cons: when the phones were slow it could get borring
A typical day at Stanley Steamer would start by clocking in and then getting on the phone. This job is high paced, you need to have good people skills. I learned a lot about carpet cleaning and carpet.
I enjoyed the fast pace, selling and helping customers get the best possible service for them.
meeting new people
Carpet Tech (Former Employee), Port Chester, NYMay 13, 2015
Pros: driving not sitting still in one spot
Cons: commssion pay slow in the winter
A typical day for me would be coming in at 7 AM in the morning having a meeting getting my morning route driving to customer houses or commercial properties cleaning carpet or upholstery the hardest part would be waiting for the customer if the customer wasn't there or would cancel before we got there because we was getting paid by commission the most enjoyable part was being on the road all day meeting new customers and selling extra products to build my paycheck I once had a customer tell me I could sell them a flat football that's how good I was because I believe in if you're going to sell a product make sure you know everything about the product the good and the bad
very productive, quiet
Janitor/Cleaner (Current Employee), Lafayette, INMay 12, 2015
getting our carts ready, making sure we have all the supplies we will need for the night
management is very caring, tends to our needs
my co-workers do their jobs and have great skills
hardest part: reaching the tall ceilings to dust
most enjoyable, the enviornment and co-workers
great environment
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 10, 2015
Pros: schedule
Cons: management, benefits
I answer calls for the United States,helping and serving each customer to their needs. I makes sure that our service is helpful for them or do whatever i can to make that happen. Ive learned that customer service is an awesome job to have. i love helping each customer that calls in!
What a joke
Asst. to crew chief (Former Employee), Fort Wayne , INMay 10, 2015
Pros: Nothing. They had a gym you could use.
Cons: Management, the crew chiefs, the owner is spineles. Long hours little pay insurance sucks horrible jo
First off you work like a dog for your pay. 10 bucks an hour or 10 percent of how many jobs you do that day. Long hours 6 days a week. Be prepared to work super fast and multi-task like crazy. And if you don't do it right you will get talked down to like you're stupid. Management is a joke and could care less about you. You better not have an personal issue they don't wanna hear it's "not their problem they don't care." And the owner is a spineless. Some of the crew chiefs will talk down to you like you're a child because they're on a power trip. The job is easy but they try to make if on you. They have a super high turn over rate and there is huge reason why. They lay you off in the winter and it's just so demanding with no slack it gets to be too much. Especially dealing with jerks. Not to mention dealing with nasty customers and their gross smelling houses or Fecal or urine or bug infested carpets. The pay isn't worth it no matter what they tell you. Yeah going in I thought I was gonna work there for years and be super happy. Man, was I wrong.
good job while looking for a job
Carpet Cleaning Technician, Marin County CA (Former Employee), Marin County, CaliforniaApril 29, 2015
Pros: work with partner, co workers all great, relatively flexible schedules
Cons: not enough work, bad work equipment and vehicles, horrible pay set up
fun work environment great co workers. pay set up is terrible. if you are off by certain time you get a base pay and that is all. off at 10 am or 2pm you make the same pay. equipment is very old held together with bubble gum and paper clips. main focus is sales. if you can't sell don't bother taking the job. inconsistent schedules. one week you get a full wee next week maybe 2 days.
fun work place
cleaner (Former Employee), ctApril 24, 2015
it was a very nice place to work and very fun and exciting place to be to work and learn many things great people yo get to meet on a daily
GOOD
Crew Chief (Former Employee), Newington, CTApril 18, 2015
Good job and great co-worker easy work and clients easy going also the management is great. Good job and great co-worker easy work and clients easy going also the management is great.
Fun place to work and your hard work is rewarded
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Stratford, CTApril 15, 2015
Pros: fun place to work, family like feel
Cons: lack of ability to move up into new positions and continued training
Great company to start your career. I had a lot of fun working here and enjoyed the family like feel of the company despite the company being very large. The only reason I left was because there are very few opportunities to move up in the company and I was craving a new opportunity.
They give away free gas for employees who brings in the most money.
Carpet Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2015
In the morning we leave from the base. Dispatch gives us the job. We work most of the time with a two man crew. We worked all over the San Diego area. The cleaning process is fearly easy.
Business Development
Business Development (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Good casual atmosphere
Cons: high turnover of cleaning crew
A typical day starts with attending team meeting.
Verifying the days estimates and route for customer estimates.
On site visits for home air duct estimates and business commercial estimates for carpet cleaning.
Throughout the day, I connected with my direct manager for assistance and for developments as well as called the office for inputting estimates to jobs while on the road.
fun job
Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 29, 2015
I enjoyed my time working for this company. My co workers were very supportive and there was a great team spirit in the workplace and I felt that this was an overall positive experience in my buisness life.
Helpful coworkers and interesting job, but with virtually no structured work schedule
Crew Chief (Former Employee), Leesburg, GAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Working in two-man teams, flexible breaks, helpful manager
Cons: No benefits, extremely disjointed work schedule
The job was interesting and I learned a lot of new things and am thankful for the time I worked there. The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly most of the time and the manager was extremely helpful when I was first learning the ropes, always sparing a few extra minutes for me when I needed them. Unfortunately, the schedules were extremely unfriendly towards the employees. There were times when you would get sent home after an hour of work and other times when you would get 16 hour days, neither of these with any prior notice. Sometimes you would not know your daily schedule unless you came into work the next morning, sometimes I would only be told I had a day off AFTER I had already shown up in uniform, ready to work.
NO Comment
Carpet and Air Duct Technician (Former Employee), Aurora, ILMarch 22, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Never Home poor pay, and no consistency
Working for Stanley steamer means never beaning home, they will tell you what time you start, but not what time you leave is the most accurate way to describe you daily life.
stanley steemer
Carpet Technician (Current Employee), Aurora, ILMarch 19, 2015
good place to work if your a young person with not a big social life. long hours big pay off. work and see lots of different people.
You learn something new everyday
Carpet/Water Technician (Former Employee), Delray Beach, FLMarch 10, 2015
I enjoyed working for a company that put me in a good position to succeed and advance it was a pleasure to work for them. My co workers were hard workers and taught me a lot along the way.

1 2 3 4 5

About Stanley Steemer Int. Inc.

Stanley Steemer has been cleaning carpets since 1947, the year our founder, Jack A. Bates, invested $2,300 into a home-based carpet – Read more

Stanley Steemer Int. Inc. Salaries