Stanley Steemer Int. Inc.

Stanley Steemer Int. Inc. Employee Reviews

System support (Former Employee), OhioJuly 27, 2015
Fun place to work, very family oriented small company atmosphere while still being a large company. A great company overall to work for.
Good and Bad
Assistant Crew Chief (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Long hours
This is a great place to work. There is always opportunity for everyone. You will meet new people everyday. There are some days when business is slow, and there are times when things are in high demand
Active
customer service, driving and maintaining work (Former Employee), New Castle, DEJuly 12, 2015
Throughout my time with this company, I was given the opportunity to further my customer service skills. Everyday I had interactions with customers so I was able to gauge how to respond to their needs.
PRODUCTIVE BUT REALLY NEED BENEFITS
CARPET TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), GASTONIA,NCJune 30, 2015
Pros: SOME EARLY DAYS
Cons: THEY TAKE AN HOUR OUT FOR BREAK EVEN IF YOU DON T TAKE ONE
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK IS YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT TIME YOUR GOING TO GET OFF, AND I LEARNED TO NEVER MAKE ANY IMPORTANT PLANS BECAUSE YOU MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO GET THEM DONE,MANAGEMENT IS ALRIGHT,BUT NEEDS A LITTLE WORK,I'M SELF MOTIVATED SO I DONT TALK MUCH I LIKE TO GET MY JOB DONE. THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB IS DEALING WITH THE HEAT IN THE SUMMER, AND THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART IS VACATION TIME!
Stanley Steemer is a fun job, but hours can be very long.
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee), Logan, WVJune 30, 2015
Pros: Fair Money. Nothing hard.
Cons: Unknown work hours. Seasonal.
I worked for Stanley Steemer in Logan, WV, and I enjoyed traveling all over the tri-state area, meeting new people. You spent most of the day sitting in the work truck, driving to the house or business you are to clean. The main problem though, is that you would often get jobs added throughout the day. You might clean five or more houses a day, and you might even get another house added on. There is no overtime pay either. There are also a lot of layoffs in the Winter, when business slows.
Long hours and bad pay
Senior Tech (Former Employee), conneaut ohJune 28, 2015
fun to work for get to see a lot of new things everyday. get to be outside. work a lot and dont make a lot and there are no benefeits available.
Great opportunity for advancement
Technician (Current Employee), Auburn, WAJune 24, 2015
A typical day at work at Stanley Steemer is nothing typical. It will vary day to day and For some people that is a great thing, it never gets stagnant.
Family Oriented and Caring for their coworkers
Carpet Technician (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 23, 2015
Pros: Team oriented company
Cons: not knowing when your day is going to be done exactly
I really enjoyed this position because it was new everyday and task were always different everyday. The the team support was mind blowing and at no matter what, everyone helped each other out with no hesitation. Management was very understanding with scheduling and if any job conflict with customers. Hardest part of the job was it was not a typical end of the day shift job. Work was recieved in the morning and the day ended when the task were done so in all the day could be done earlier or later everyday. That did not put any stress on my level at all though. Earning the experience to work with customers in their own home was amazing. For personal ethics, there is no better way to learn customer representation then to do it in the clients home.
Long hours with no set out time.
Commercial Crew Chief (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 6, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours and poor management
a job with great compensation that is totally sales driven. workers are required to be in at 7 am with no set out time. Techs are judged solely on their ability to up sell customers and add on items. Managers tend to overlook solid employees for guys who can up sell
Had a set schedule to plan your everyday life.
In Bound Sales Representative (Former Employee), Dublin, OHMay 28, 2015
Pros: Longer lunches and commission based.
Cons: management wasn't always working together.
Management wasn't always on board with each other but employees were able to push through and complete daily goals. I was able to learn how to work in fast paced competitive business. That helped me in other job pursuits.
Learning new skills
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Former Employee), Saginaw MichiganMay 28, 2015
Pros: Customer interaction
Cons: Minimal work due to seasonal need, as a new hire I would be called last if at all during that time, Based on senority.
Arrived early for work. Inspected equipment. Prepared van for jobs that day. Refilled and loaded chemical containers, any necessary equipment, etc.. Arrived at job location, Unloaded necessary items for job. Used BMG for cleaning carpets. Cleaned upholstery. Pay did not compensate with work load. Customer service and customer satisfaction was the part I looked forward to the most.
enjoyable and fun
Crew Shift (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 25, 2015
Pros: great commissions
Cons: too much driving
Fun work to do when you have to travel to the customer's residents and provide good service by cleaning their carpets, floors or furniture. It was fun to advertise the company's cleaning products and sell them.
very fun workplace full of exciting people
floor technician (Former Employee), chicago,ilMay 22, 2015
i was a housekeeping cleaner and a floor technician at this establishment. i would sweep and mop my assigned floors, and buff all floors as needed. all assigned rooms would be cleaned by myself and other staff. i would also strip and wax when needed.
Review from Wife's Perspective
Cleaning Technician (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 20, 2015
Pros: healthcare, pay, physical activity
Cons: hours
Stanley Steemer is a good company to work for. In about a month, my husband has made $3,000 - and this isn't the busiest time. He just started working there, and when the job is mainly based on commission and he's just starting out - therefore not going out mostly with high-earning crew chiefs - and making $3k, I see this as being a good thing. He's set to make over $36,000 this year if this average continues.

The benefits aren't spectacular, compared to his previous employer, but they're there and they'll work because at least he has benefits where most companies think giving their employer unsatisfactory health insurance (Stanley Steemer's isn't unsatisfactory, it will work for our family and my daughter has a chronic illness that requires close monitoring and prescription medications) and a 10% discount on merchandise is good. You get two weeks vacation at a year, 12 weeks unpaid FMLA at a year, a certain amount of short term disability, and the ability to request a leave of absence if needed. You get your carpet cleaned free once a year and there's room for advancement, more than I can say for most companies but less than I can say for his previous employer.

My husband has had to be at work as early as 6am and come home as late as 11pm, but he gets Sundays off and it's not like that every week, and he was well paid for the time he was out (water extractions pay super well).

The work is easy but sometimes monotonous - you clean carpets, deal with customers, clean tile, clean furniture, move furniture.

Overall, this is a good company to work for and I would recommend it to anyone who is capable of putting up with the hours.
Work
Carpet Technician and Chemical Lock-up Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2015
Lots of hours and sometimes its very limited time for family. if you are good at making you own money this is a good job for you because its commission based pay.
the office is clean and bright. Pleasant place to workk
Customer Service (Former Employee), Dublin, OHMay 19, 2015
Pros: commission
Cons: when the phones were slow it could get borring
A typical day at Stanley Steamer would start by clocking in and then getting on the phone. This job is high paced, you need to have good people skills. I learned a lot about carpet cleaning and carpet.
I enjoyed the fast pace, selling and helping customers get the best possible service for them.
meeting new people
Carpet Tech (Former Employee), Port Chester, NYMay 13, 2015
Pros: driving not sitting still in one spot
Cons: commssion pay slow in the winter
A typical day for me would be coming in at 7 AM in the morning having a meeting getting my morning route driving to customer houses or commercial properties cleaning carpet or upholstery the hardest part would be waiting for the customer if the customer wasn't there or would cancel before we got there because we was getting paid by commission the most enjoyable part was being on the road all day meeting new customers and selling extra products to build my paycheck I once had a customer tell me I could sell them a flat football that's how good I was because I believe in if you're going to sell a product make sure you know everything about the product the good and the bad
very productive, quiet
Janitor/Cleaner (Current Employee), Lafayette, INMay 12, 2015
getting our carts ready, making sure we have all the supplies we will need for the night
management is very caring, tends to our needs
my co-workers do their jobs and have great skills
hardest part: reaching the tall ceilings to dust
most enjoyable, the enviornment and co-workers
great environment
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 10, 2015
Pros: schedule
Cons: management, benefits
I answer calls for the United States,helping and serving each customer to their needs. I makes sure that our service is helpful for them or do whatever i can to make that happen. Ive learned that customer service is an awesome job to have. i love helping each customer that calls in!
What a joke
Asst. to crew chief (Former Employee), Fort Wayne , INMay 10, 2015
Pros: Nothing. They had a gym you could use.
Cons: Management, the crew chiefs, the owner is spineles. Long hours little pay insurance sucks horrible jo
First off you work like a dog for your pay. 10 bucks an hour or 10 percent of how many jobs you do that day. Long hours 6 days a week. Be prepared to work super fast and multi-task like crazy. And if you don't do it right you will get talked down to like you're stupid. Management is a joke and could care less about you. You better not have an personal issue they don't wanna hear it's "not their problem they don't care." And the owner is a spineless. Some of the crew chiefs will talk down to you like you're a child because they're on a power trip. The job is easy but they try to make if on you. They have a super high turn over rate and there is huge reason why. They lay you off in the winter and it's just so demanding with no slack it gets to be too much. Especially dealing with jerks. Not to mention dealing with nasty customers and their gross smelling houses or Fecal or urine or bug infested carpets. The pay isn't worth it no matter what they tell you. Yeah going in I thought I was gonna work there for years and be super happy. Man, was I wrong.

1 2 3 4 5

About Stanley Steemer Int. Inc.

Stanley Steemer has been cleaning carpets since 1947, the year our founder, Jack A. Bates, invested $2,300 into a home-based carpet – Read more

Stanley Steemer Int. Inc. Salaries