Stanley Steemer Int. Inc.

Stanley Steemer Int. Inc. Employer Reviews

Good atmosphere great co-workers
CLEANING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamunga, CAJanuary 26, 2015
I like the job just need a better career. I like the people I work with and I have learned a lot about Carpet Cleaning.
Stanley Steemer Frederick County
Lead Carpet Cleaning Technician (Current Employee), Thurmont, MDJanuary 22, 2015
Excellent carpet cleaning company with high customer satisfaction.
fun working place
Carpet Tech (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 21, 2015
working with my co-workers made it fun and happy to be around but management were never honest with us,learned a lot with working with different people. Hardest part of jobs was notting
hard work
Customer Sales (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJanuary 20, 2015
it's a customer service job, must do sales, answering phone to help new and old customer, just sale for there is a chart you must claim in one day, it's ok for those people who like to do sales job.
Feast or Famine/Management is a joke
Crew Chief/Air Duct Technician (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: co-workers, can be fun job in nice weather w/good partner, decent $$ during busy season
Cons: unethical/under-handed management, job sucks in rain/cold weather, dies in winter.
There are two seasons at Stanley Steemer - ultra busy & completely dead. Expect to work anywhere from 70-90+ hours a week from May until December. Then, 20 or less (if you aren't outright laid off or fired) from January until April. It's virtually impossible not to "shortfall" unless you are one of the top 3 guys (management favorites/get the high grossing routes) so expect to make minimum wage. Management will look to rob you every chance they get (missing commission/missing tips/shortage of hours) & hope you don't notice. Owner lives in Florida & could care less how office is being run. Management is rude & disrespectful to employees. Co-workers were the best part about this job, met some amazing people while working here. Unfortunately no one sticks around longer than a few months.
great work out
Assistant Crew Chief and Air Duct Tech (Former Employee), beavercreek ohioJanuary 11, 2015
While at this job i lost alot of weight which helped alot with my diabetes, but the management and lack of up to date equipment really hurts moral and favoritism.
d
Carpet Cleaner (Current Employee), reyhety reyhserJanuary 11, 2015
Great JOB love
hate new go go this is stupid to have to review this
Outgoing enviroment
Air Duct Sales Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 3, 2015
I was a very active guy in this enviroment i would get the crews going and hit the pavment myself.
stanely steemr
service tech (Former Employee), Deer Park, NYDecember 29, 2014
Pros: hourly no breaks taken out
Cons: no breaks from beginning to end of day.
During my time at stanely steemer I serviced customer with cleaning of many surfaces.
Carpet wood tilt as well furniture. Worked very hard each day showed up to work on time everyday some times on busy days a little earlier. Was always there for the companies night jobs as well on call for floors. There wasn’t many benefits to the working day beside the hourly pay. Honestly id show up to work every day with a great positive attitude always looking to move up in the company working extra hard to move up in the come & 6 months later the general Manger gave me a few days of that proposition but never gave me the position. There was no reasoning given to why I was never moving up in the company. After I come back from vacation from the December holiday I was laid off even tho the general manger told me I was going to be working the winter hours over some other employees.
Co-workers were great, but days are long and tiring
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee), Aurora, ILDecember 29, 2014
Pros: good health coverage, good money seasonally, fun co-workers, good training
Cons: poor dental/eye coverage, long hours, very phsyical, lack of management support, fluctuating pay
Working as a cleaning technician can definitely be fun at times. It's interesting to go and see all the different customers houses, and usually you get to have a lot of fun with all the different partners you will work with. The education and product training is really quite thorough, however when you start you might get stuck with an experienced tech that doesn't want to spend the time training you on-site.

It's a very physical job, so you can't be lazy. You have to be attentive and willing to learn and work hard, otherwise you're going to have a hard time. The pay is completely dependent upon two things: the size of the jobs given to you for the day, and your own sales skills. You make a commission on each job already scheduled, plus additional if you sell more while at the job. That being said, if you have 5 small jobs in one day, you might make $70 and work 10 hours. alternatively you can work 8 hours and make $250 dollars. it can be very back and forth, but winter is the worst time to work. I would not recommend starting this job in the fall/early winter, as you will be thrown into one of the busiest times of year and possibly laid off/definitely have your hours cut in January.

Spring and Summer are the best times to start working. This will give you time to get your skills and work ethic up to par so you aren't laid off come the New Year. Also, these are the best times of year to work as they are very busy and you will make a lot of money.

The benefits are pretty good, Health insurance is pretty top notch (trust me, I know). Dental and Eye care are really nothing special though. Overall this is a solid job, just be willing to put up with a few bad customers (like anywhere else), long hours at times, fluctuating pay, and physical labor.
fun work place
carpet tech. (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 16, 2014
Pros: being out and seeing diff things
Cons: co workers
working at stanley steamer was fun seen a lot nice houses and met a lot wealthy people. learned a lot about carpet lol what helps it last longer and keeps it clean. co workers were ok, not all of them where friendly but most where. the hardest part about the jb had to be working with someone who didn't talk or wasn't as friendly as your previous partner.
Lies
Carpet Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 16, 2014
Pros: traveling from job to job
Cons: pay, security, management, hours
Don't waste your time! They take you a way from your family life and its all commission there are no hourly wages.15 an hr is a lie and there is no job security. This job is for college kids not a career maker. Did I forget to mention you work till all jobs are done starting from 7am to whenever. Would not recommend unless you have no life.
Carpet cleaning Technician
Crew Chief/Cleaning Technician (Former Employee), Camden, DEDecember 15, 2014
Steaming cleaning carpets and upholstery for customers. We also cleaned tile and grout.
Great Management, company BBQ's and free breakfast
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 10, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, great co-workers and a friendly environment
Cons: slow season
Moderately busy inbound phone calls, trouble shooting. I learned a lot about time management and customer support. Sales experience and problem solving are also big things that I learned while employed there. The management is great. Very easy to talk to and communicate with, understanding and fair as well. The people at this company are wonderful. Very friendly, supportive and willing to help when needed. The hardest part of the job is trying to stay busy during the slow season. The best part about this job is the flexible schedule, great management and a wonderful work environment.
fun work absolutly no job security
carpet cleaning technican (Former Employee), Aurora, ILDecember 6, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: no job security
i got laid off with in 2 months of working i would of never started working for this place if i knew i would get laid off 2 months i could of had a job with good job security. It was the biggest let down of my work history they asked me if i would like to come back in march. i thought no why would i want to work for them again so i could get laid off 6 months later. Do not work here at all they laid off many other employees and it just has no job security. Good money but no job security
Decent Job
Carpet Cleaning Technician Assistant (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCDecember 2, 2014
Pros: a free turkey for thanksgiving
Cons: long hours
The job consisted of long hard days. At the time it payed well since I was currently not enrolled in school. Hardest part of the job was working in the summer when it was super warm hauling around materials. Co-workers were not very bright, but none the less quality people. Most enjoyable part was pay day.
Productive and challenging work environment
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee), Grimes, IADecember 1, 2014
Pros: new opportunities, learning new things, productive/ busy work, hours
Cons: no benefits, not much room for advancement.
My favorite part of this job was learning new things and constantly having something to do. It was a laid back environment with friendly people which I love. I worked with great people and was under great management.
Tough place to work
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), York, PANovember 25, 2014
The franchise owner is very disrespectful and does not care about his employees.
Family owned carpet cleaning company that offered exceptional service to residential customers.
Manager of New Business Development and Education (Former Employee), Dublin, OHNovember 19, 2014
Stanley Steemer International offered me a world class education in business. While attending Ohio State University I was given the opportunity to work in the finance and accounting division of the company and learn valuable business skills from P&L analysis to auditing. Once graduated, I transitioned to the operations side of the business. I was given the opportunity to develop new service lines, work closely with IT and marketing and truly understand what it takes to develop a successful business.
99% good co-workers but 1% AWFUL co-workers
Commercial Sales Manager (Former Employee), Seattle WANovember 12, 2014
Pros: flexibility, potential to make good money
Cons: ridiculous rules & favoritism
DO NOT WORK HERE!!! They will tell you it's a friendly family owned business but once you start work, it's a completely different story! My District Manager was arrogant, rude and played favorites. If he didn't like you, you were doomed no matter how good your sales were. You have to be at work at 7AM everyday for crew meetings which have nothing to do with your job (if you are in commercial sales.). The company doesn't want new ideas from employees so save your breath and don't try to improve the system or culture because it will never change. Beware of the arrogant co-workers at the Corporate office too, they will make your life miserable if you suggest another way if doing something. Take a job at Stanley Steemer ONLY for the short-term to pay your bills but keep looking because very people have a long-term career here in commercial sales especially!!!

1 2 3 4 5

About Stanley Steemer Int. Inc.

Stanley Steemer has been cleaning carpets since 1947, the year our founder, Jack A. Bates, invested $2,300 into a home-based carpet – Read more

Stanley Steemer Int. Inc. Photos