Stanley Steemer Int. Inc.

Stanley Steemer Int. Inc. Employee Reviews

Cool place to work
Crew Chief (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAAugust 24, 2015
Great environment great boss great co workers i enjoy coming to work every day. We all work great together and the hours are there to be taken
Terrible place
Temp (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Seeing the best houses
Cons: Managment
Typical day includes being worked like a slave for way less than anyone is worth.
Management is absolutely laughable because all they manage to do is a horrible job.
Hardest part of the day is putting up with all the grown men there that act like divas.
Most enjoyable part of the day would be the long drives it takes to get from place to place.
ok work poor pay
Assistant Carpet Cleaner (Current Employee), Champaign, ILAugust 19, 2015
easy work fun people poor pay commisoin based work manager is friendly get to meet new people every day but go in some nasty areas
Sales Driven Environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSAugust 12, 2015
It's all about add-on sales, which can be good or bad depending on the person, my management was unwilling to help when needed but others stepped up and filled the void. Overall not a bad company to work for.
Working at the Steemer
CSA (Current Employee), Inverness, FLAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Bonus
Cons: No insurance, raises are very hard to get.
Every morning I start by checking all the crew members work and all the checks made my customer. Once I make sure everything is correct, I then make up the deposit slips for the branches our crews worked – more... at. I then make sure the daily sales and deposits match. I also check in 10 offices daily sales/deposits to make sure as the overall company is balanced. All while answering the phone and booking jobs. Running over the phone credit cards, checking and putting in online jobs. I check in 10 offices work and make sure it is generated and ready for someone to update work. I check all credit card receipts to the credit card statements. – less
Terrible place to work
Customer service, Sales (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 2, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
Terrible management, no advancement opportunities don't care about hard working employees. Worked here for 5 years and they where willing to fire me after one mistake that was minor. They don't care about employees there motto is everyone is replaceable.
System support (Former Employee), OhioJuly 27, 2015
Fun place to work, very family oriented small company atmosphere while still being a large company. A great company overall to work for.
Good and Bad
Assistant Crew Chief (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Long hours
This is a great place to work. There is always opportunity for everyone. You will meet new people everyday. There are some days when business is slow, and there are times when things are in high demand
Active
customer service, driving and maintaining work (Former Employee), New Castle, DEJuly 12, 2015
Throughout my time with this company, I was given the opportunity to further my customer service skills. Everyday I had interactions with customers so I was able to gauge how to respond to their needs.
PRODUCTIVE BUT REALLY NEED BENEFITS
CARPET TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), GASTONIA,NCJune 30, 2015
Pros: SOME EARLY DAYS
Cons: THEY TAKE AN HOUR OUT FOR BREAK EVEN IF YOU DON T TAKE ONE
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK IS YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT TIME YOUR GOING TO GET OFF, AND I LEARNED TO NEVER MAKE ANY IMPORTANT PLANS BECAUSE YOU MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO GET THEM DONE,MANAGEMENT IS ALRIGHT,BUT NEEDS A LITTLE WORK,I'M SELF MOTIVATED SO I DONT TALK MUCH I LIKE TO GET MY JOB DONE. THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB IS DEALING WITH THE HEAT IN THE SUMMER, AND THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART IS VACATION TIME!
Stanley Steemer is a fun job, but hours can be very long.
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee), Logan, WVJune 30, 2015
Pros: Fair Money. Nothing hard.
Cons: Unknown work hours. Seasonal.
I worked for Stanley Steemer in Logan, WV, and I enjoyed traveling all over the tri-state area, meeting new people. You spent most of the day sitting in the work truck, driving to the house or business – more... you are to clean. The main problem though, is that you would often get jobs added throughout the day. You might clean five or more houses a day, and you might even get another house added on. There is no overtime pay either. There are also a lot of layoffs in the Winter, when business slows. – less
Long hours and bad pay
Senior Tech (Former Employee), conneaut ohJune 28, 2015
fun to work for get to see a lot of new things everyday. get to be outside. work a lot and dont make a lot and there are no benefeits available.
Great opportunity for advancement
Technician (Current Employee), Auburn, WAJune 24, 2015
A typical day at work at Stanley Steemer is nothing typical. It will vary day to day and For some people that is a great thing, it never gets stagnant.
Family Oriented and Caring for their coworkers
Carpet Technician (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 23, 2015
Pros: Team oriented company
Cons: not knowing when your day is going to be done exactly
I really enjoyed this position because it was new everyday and task were always different everyday. The the team support was mind blowing and at no matter what, everyone helped each other out with no hesitation. – more... Management was very understanding with scheduling and if any job conflict with customers. Hardest part of the job was it was not a typical end of the day shift job. Work was recieved in the morning and the day ended when the task were done so in all the day could be done earlier or later everyday. That did not put any stress on my level at all though. Earning the experience to work with customers in their own home was amazing. For personal ethics, there is no better way to learn customer representation then to do it in the clients home. – less
Long hours with no set out time.
Commercial Crew Chief (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 6, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours and poor management
a job with great compensation that is totally sales driven. workers are required to be in at 7 am with no set out time. Techs are judged solely on their ability to up sell customers and add on items. Managers tend to overlook solid employees for guys who can up sell
Had a set schedule to plan your everyday life.
In Bound Sales Representative (Former Employee), Dublin, OHMay 28, 2015
Pros: Longer lunches and commission based.
Cons: management wasn't always working together.
Management wasn't always on board with each other but employees were able to push through and complete daily goals. I was able to learn how to work in fast paced competitive business. That helped me in other job pursuits.
Learning new skills
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Former Employee), Saginaw MichiganMay 28, 2015
Pros: Customer interaction
Cons: Minimal work due to seasonal need, as a new hire I would be called last if at all during that time, Based on senority.
Arrived early for work. Inspected equipment. Prepared van for jobs that day. Refilled and loaded chemical containers, any necessary equipment, etc.. Arrived at job location, Unloaded necessary items for job. Used BMG for cleaning carpets. Cleaned upholstery. Pay did not compensate with work load. Customer service and customer satisfaction was the part I looked forward to the most.
enjoyable and fun
Crew Shift (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 25, 2015
Pros: great commissions
Cons: too much driving
Fun work to do when you have to travel to the customer's residents and provide good service by cleaning their carpets, floors or furniture. It was fun to advertise the company's cleaning products and sell them.
very fun workplace full of exciting people
floor technician (Former Employee), chicago,ilMay 22, 2015
i was a housekeeping cleaner and a floor technician at this establishment. i would sweep and mop my assigned floors, and buff all floors as needed. all assigned rooms would be cleaned by myself and other staff. i would also strip and wax when needed.
Review from Wife's Perspective
Cleaning Technician (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 20, 2015
Pros: healthcare, pay, physical activity
Cons: hours
Stanley Steemer is a good company to work for. In about a month, my husband has made $3,000 - and this isn't the busiest time. He just started working there, and when the job is mainly based on commission – more... and he's just starting out - therefore not going out mostly with high-earning crew chiefs - and making $3k, I see this as being a good thing. He's set to make over $36,000 this year if this average continues.

The benefits aren't spectacular, compared to his previous employer, but they're there and they'll work because at least he has benefits where most companies think giving their employer unsatisfactory health insurance (Stanley Steemer's isn't unsatisfactory, it will work for our family and my daughter has a chronic illness that requires close monitoring and prescription medications) and a 10% discount on merchandise is good. You get two weeks vacation at a year, 12 weeks unpaid FMLA at a year, a certain amount of short term disability, and the ability to request a leave of absence if needed. You get your carpet cleaned free once a year and there's room for advancement, more than I can say for most companies but less than I can say for his previous employer.

My husband has had to be at work as early as 6am and come home as late as 11pm, but he gets Sundays off and it's not like that every week, and he was well paid for the time he was out (water extractions pay super well).

The work is easy but sometimes monotonous - you clean carpets, deal with customers, clean tile, clean furniture, move furniture.

Overall, this is a good company to work for and I would recommend it to anyone who is capable of putting up with the hours. – less
Industry