Stanley Steemer Int. Inc. Employee Reviews

A great way to make decent money
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 26, 2017
There is no typical day of work at Stanley Steemer the hours vary and even though you are essentially doing the same thing over and over again the customers offer a wild card aspect. I learned excellent customer service techniques and had the opportunity to meet new people every day. The most enjoyable part of job was the employees and being able to relate through job experiences. We built a team and depended on each other. The hardest part of job is the unpredictable hours and ability to balance a home life.
Overall was decent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 1, 2017
We moved to a new area in the building for customer service while I was there and everything changed. The people who had sat next beside each other and helped each other for years where now scattered. Some people even had schedule changes and sales dropped all around. They use to allow us to have little snacks and drinks at our desk that was also no more. Almost a complete 180 from what everyone was use to all at once. They thought that a change of scenery and new computers was going to boost sales, instead it hurt them completely because there was nothing wrong with the old equipment it still looked and worked almost brand new.
Nice place to work
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNFebruary 2, 2017
I enjoyed working here. I love to talk to people on the phone and help people. I enjoyed learning new things everyday with this job. I learned a lot about how the carpet cleaning actually works and the different services that the company provides. Management was always kind and upfront with me which I like. The hardest part was probably having to do some cold calls to help drum up some business which is fine but I do better when people call me and have a way that I can help them.
Pros
Nice co-workers, Nice managers
Fast paced environment that promotes adaptability
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 15, 2017
Great benefits and pay, but sometimes the work can interfere with your other life goals depending on what part of the company you are in. I'm in management and i'm overall fairly happy with my schedule, but am on call which can be a bit disruptive to my activities outside of work. As a cleaning technician, the hours can fluctuate greatly between Monday through Saturday. As long as you are prepared to work those hours, I've seen many people make between $30,000 - $50,000+ without a college degree.
Pros
Pay/benefits
Cons
The fluctuation in hours and work periods
most amazing place I've ever worked at.
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 13, 2017
Options here are limitless and the chance for advancement is up to u. To make somebody's day like I did at Stanley steemer there's a feeling you get from being that person that is just awesome. They also take care of they're employees as long as you are doing your job. And did I mention it has new management which has made a complete turn around these guys know what they're doing and will help you with anything.
Pros
career advancement, 401k, feeling of actually doing good for someone, teamwork.
Cons
long hours, some moody customers, on call 24 hrs, and slows down a lot in winter.
Always something different each day
maintenance (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 30, 2017
I started out as a cleaner going to ppl houses and cleaning the carpets and furniture as per customers request. After awhile of being there I got promoted to mechanic. My responsibilities then were to make sure the trucks cleaning engine was running smoothly and repair anything if needed. I also worked on the tools of the vehicles making sure there wasn't anything preventing them from working properly. On Fridays and Saturdays I was in the office handling the trucks routes, handling customer calls, and closing up the office. Closing up was making sure all the trucks were back and all the cash, checks, and credit card payments were accounted for and verified.
Pros
management staff and owner was great
Cons
healthcare
Bad work/life balance
Cleaning Technician (Crew Chief) (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA, Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 4, 2017
Overall it's not a bad place to work, but with this job there isn't a stop time. The days are very unpredictable and almost everyday is a very long day. Makes it difficult to make plans. Is a tough job to have if you have a family to go home to everyday. However, you can make good money here if you put in the effort.
Pros
Meet lots of people, keeps you fit, potential for good money
Cons
Healthcare, unpredictable hours
Fun work place, love dealing with custmers. And alot of sales
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKDecember 28, 2016
If you want to raise you have to go out there and get it I been workin for Stanley Steemer for 3 years. The first year was really tough because I had to understand no one feed my family but me. I had to work it in break ice with a lot of customers learn how to sale I mean I thought I knew it because I've manage restaurants clothing stores Etc. And dealt with people but sales was difficult things to do my first year at Stanley Steemer the most important thing that I've learned from working Stanley Steemer is believing in the product educating the customers educating the customer is the most important thing if you want to close a deal that's any line of work educate yourself on the product it speak for itself.
Not for everyone
service technician (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDJanuary 2, 2017
With this company there are two different types of employment one is at a corporate office the other is franchised. with corporate you have better benefits and room to move up within the company.

At franchised locations Who ever owns that franchise has the power to determine Employee pay, benefits and etc.. Their are slow seasons and busy seasons with this line of work busy season is when you make the most money but will work really late it starts close to the summer until after Christmas. Once Christmas is over there is barely any work you'll most likely do one job and go home. This happens at both franchised and corporate offices.

There are good times and bad times with this company but Like i said it's not for everyone.
Pros
meeting good people, Networking, fast paced.
Cons
Long hours, Unpredictable paychecks.
not the best job if you have a family
Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 22, 2017
Not family oriented meaning they dont care how long you work or if you have a family emergency. They work you from 7am until whenever, commission based and its 10% of the total job. alot of time gets wasted driving all over. slow seasons equals no money.
Pros
no manager on your back, healthcare is ok
Cons
wasted time, long days, commissioned based
big family, everyone got along. made working fun
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Odessa, FLNovember 29, 2016
it was a job that required you to be clocked in at 7pm and work till all the jobs were done, never knew how many jobs you had how much money you'd be making that day or when you'd be off. but i learned you make the best of it work your hardest and it'll pay off, i loved everyone i worked with it made working fun. it was a labor job so you were always doing something.
The enviroment is condusive to learning how to provide better services for the consumers.
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 15, 2017
It's a great place to work with opportunity in multiple directions from certified technician to water mitigation.

maintain the upkeep of the work trucks operation and cleanliness for professionalism and ease of execution.
Pros
Room to grow.
Cons
Not enough gloves.
Very inconsistent
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaNovember 21, 2016
We had a first time manager that didn't know what she was doing. Not only that but she started picking favorites and promoting people she liked instead of people who actually worked for a promotion. You get paid commission which means you don't get paid for driving even if you have to go 2 hours away. Very inconsistent work and pay. You can work 60 hours one week and only make $400 and you can work 20 hours next week and make $600. You never know when you are going home because you have no ending time. Each office is different, just because the office I worked at is bad doesn't mean they all are. I know of employees in another branch that make on average $1,000 a week because they have good management.
Pros
You have a partner, not in an office all day, weekly pay
Cons
Inconsistent hours and pay, expensive medical, long drives
Assistant Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Hinckley, OHJanuary 5, 2017
It's a great place to work. Anybody with a positive attitude and a good work ethic can definitely succeed here. There's plenty of opportunity to make money as long as you're willing to apply yourself. Some days you may have a long work hours but it's worth it in the end.
Pros
Low-pressure fun at work environment
Cons
No set schedule
Good place to work as long as the job inflow is steady
Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 12, 2017
Pays well as long as they put you on decent jobs. If you show that you are a poor worker you will make less because you will get lower bidding jobs. When the slow season hits there is virtually no work available.
Pros
Consistently changing work environment
Cons
Inconsistent schedule and pay
Laid back and enjoyable place to work
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 19, 2016
A normal day of works for me consists of completing any open estimates in our system and marketing our services to businesses. I travel around central Indiana on a daily basis meeting with people who are interested in using our services. I also help manage 80+ employees and i have 4 employees i directly guide each day. I do my best to lead by example and to communicate with my employees on a daily basis to make sure they are doing okay and that they are happy with the work environment. The hardest part of my job is being the only one responsible for marketing the commercial side of the business. The company does not advertise for this, therefore, it can be stressful when revenue is down. I enjoy the amount of freedom i have in this position.
fun but inconsistent
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAFebruary 21, 2017
I enjoyed the job, it was tough but rewarding. I only left because work got slow and I ended up going a few weeks without work at the end (as did half our office). Shortly after I left the location was shut down and combined with the Anaheim location.
Pros
The better you are the more you make
Cons
It's a dirty job.
Great company! Good benefits. A typical day at work! Barbecues, co workers, some professional, most are not!
Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 24, 2016
Great company and great benefits! Make you feel comfortable. You are pretty much on your own! Looking for a more reliable company! No more favorites! Be your own boss, and make you and your company money!
Pros
Good commission
Cons
Employer
Good working environment
Cleaning Technician & helper to led person (Current Employee) –  Northglenn, COOctober 5, 2016
The work is physically demanding, but not emotionally stressful. You get to meet some really nice people, the work is different every day, and you are not limited to one place day after day. I haven't worked here very long but so far I am satisfied with the work, the people, and the pay. The employer furnishes 3 sets of full, new uniform, sweat shirt and shoes.
Pros
Freedom from a limited environment
Cons
Not always sure I would be working every day.
Hard work
Assistant to the Chief (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 24, 2016
I feel that I worked my hardest at Stanley Steemer and was paid reasonably. I made 11% commission or $9/hr, whichever was more, so the implication was that hard work would be rewarded. However, assignments were manipulated so that if you were close to earning commission, you'd be sent to redo a disappointed customer's house or do some work around the garage or clean the vans, thereby not earning any commission and getting stuck with the wage rate instead. A supervisor kept a $10 tip meant for me on at least, hopefully just, one occasion. I was often scheduled to work and not needed after all; I found these experiences disappointing at first but like a relief towards the end of my time there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanley Steemer Int. Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8