Stanley Steemer Int. Inc. Employee Reviews for Carpet Cleaning Technician

ok job
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2017
I am a very hard worker who's dependable and quick to learn. I have Excellent customer service skills,office skills,lock box, and cash handling experience. I know with the knowledge and experience I have. I will be a great asset to your company.
Workplace
Technician cleaning carpets or tile (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 9, 2017
Fast pace. Had to use Stanley Steemer's van to travel to the customers home to anywhere within the companies zone. Learned to clean carpet, wood floors, tile and cloth furniture.
N/a
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 26, 2017
employees get along well, management is great, training needs to be better, they teach just enough to get by. great summer job to make some extra money.
Great group of co-workers
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMay 20, 2017
Had a lot of fun working with this company. Lots of different aspects covered throughout the day so having constant change in a daily routine made the work fun and also go by fast.
Pros
Always a different work site
Cons
Long hours behind the wheel
fast paced environment
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 9, 2017
fast paced environment, had to have a partner even if you did not like them, seemed only very few did morning cleaning, was not much chance for advancement
horrible
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, NYApril 13, 2017
long days with 1 day off if you have a redo you will have a even longer day the next day most employees are doing drugs and have stolen from the company not managed well you will be promised a promotion and will not get it dont make plans on the days ur working
Pros
fishing trip mid summer on your only day off
Cons
you will get layed off and will be forced to wok long hours all employees do drugs
ok place to work
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMarch 26, 2017
It is ok place to work pays the bills but its a wood factory so lots of dust as to be expected. its hot and the machines are not kept up with as they should be so there always breaking down .
Pros
good lunch break times
Cons
dusty not a lot of money income
Anything goes
Air duct & carpet cleaning technician (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 17, 2017
No consequences for any actions of tardiness, absences, or damages. Inadequate training is accepted. Quality work is not a priority for upper management.
fast paced work enviorment
Carpet Cleaning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Day starts with loading up van and confirming appointments made for the day. Than its off the work field for each customers to house to another to begin our cleaning process
Fun work place, love dealing with custmers. And alot of sales
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKDecember 28, 2016
If you want to raise you have to go out there and get it I been workin for Stanley Steemer for 3 years. The first year was really tough because I had to understand no one feed my family but me. I had to work it in break ice with a lot of customers learn how to sale I mean I thought I knew it because I've manage restaurants clothing stores Etc. And dealt with people but sales was difficult things to do my first year at Stanley Steemer the most important thing that I've learned from working Stanley Steemer is believing in the product educating the customers educating the customer is the most important thing if you want to close a deal that's any line of work educate yourself on the product it speak for itself.
Overworked and Underpaid
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 11, 2016
Saps of time and energy, weak compensation, based on commission but says Hourly, very confusing. Very relaxed environment. Managers very lineint. Hours demanding.
Pros
Outdoor scenary viewing when driving to different jobs.
Cons
Company gets more percentage of sales.
Very inconsistent
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaNovember 21, 2016
We had a first time manager that didn't know what she was doing. Not only that but she started picking favorites and promoting people she liked instead of people who actually worked for a promotion. You get paid commission which means you don't get paid for driving even if you have to go 2 hours away. Very inconsistent work and pay. You can work 60 hours one week and only make $400 and you can work 20 hours next week and make $600. You never know when you are going home because you have no ending time. Each office is different, just because the office I worked at is bad doesn't mean they all are. I know of employees in another branch that make on average $1,000 a week because they have good management.
Pros
You have a partner, not in an office all day, weekly pay
Cons
Inconsistent hours and pay, expensive medical, long drives
not the best employer to work for
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellefonte, PAAugust 29, 2016
you can never have an outside life outside of stanley steemer you never know when you are working on when you get off the owner has his children as management and the son treats all the employees like garbage
stanley steemers carpet cleaning
Carpet Cleaning (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 10, 2016
company has opportunities to move up into management.
co workers are friendly
most enjoyable part is meeting the customers needs and services.
typical 11 hour day.
benefits 401k insurance health dental and pto.
Pros
401k and management opportunities
Cons
no set schedule
Terrible run away!!!
Carpet cleaning technician (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTMay 23, 2016
Pay is almost down right illegal, they advertise great pay and tell you in your interview all this money you would make but you make nearly bucks an hour after its all said and done. You get comission at 10 percent, average job at 100 bucks, takes an hour to do a job and an hour to drive to the next job, factor in your daily redos, which is when a customer wasn't satisfied you must go back, and never to your own mistake btw, redos are free of charge so no comissions. Terrible comapny, work 90 hours and pray for 400 a week in compensation
Pros
I left
Cons
I ever worked there
productive work place
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 19, 2016
Customers were great but a usual day at work would be 13 hours at. I learned to work heavy machinery at expert level which I am thankful for and I also improved my knowledge of sales and customer service. Managers kept moral high. My co workers were great. The hardest part of the job was that I barely saw my family. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people, gaining their trust and respect, and making their day and the experience we provided as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Fun job,great staff
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIDecember 30, 2015
The hours are long but the benefits and pay are great, fun company. The hardest part of this job is not having enough off time to take care of business, they rely on an employee request off system which does not always work properly.
Not for the time lossed
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 2, 2015
This would be a good company to work for, if it wasn't for that fact that it isn't hourly, they dont care about the employees, and they pay next to nothing.
Learning new skills
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Saginaw MichiganMay 28, 2015
Arrived early for work. Inspected equipment. Prepared van for jobs that day. Refilled and loaded chemical containers, any necessary equipment, etc.. Arrived at job location, Unloaded necessary items for job. Used BMG for cleaning carpets. Cleaned upholstery. Pay did not compensate with work load. Customer service and customer satisfaction was the part I looked forward to the most.
Pros
Customer interaction
Cons
Minimal work due to seasonal need, as a new hire I would be called last if at all during that time, Based on senority.
good job while looking for a job
Carpet Cleaning Technician, Marin County CA (Former Employee) –  Marin County, CaliforniaApril 29, 2015
fun work environment great co workers. pay set up is terrible. if you are off by certain time you get a base pay and that is all. off at 10 am or 2pm you make the same pay. equipment is very old held together with bubble gum and paper clips. main focus is sales. if you can't sell don't bother taking the job. inconsistent schedules. one week you get a full wee next week maybe 2 days.
Pros
work with partner, co workers all great, relatively flexible schedules
Cons
not enough work, bad work equipment and vehicles, horrible pay set up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanley Steemer Int. Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8