Stanley Steemer Int. Inc. Employee Reviews for Carpet Technician

stressful days
Palm Desert - Senior Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CADecember 24, 2017
you would clock in at 7am you work throughout the day sometimes getting lunches very late and wouldnt when you be get off work and hardly would be able to plan a day after work to spend time with the family. my last manager i had wouldnt be flexible as other previous managers i had like if you had any family emergency. he wouldnt know how to talk to his employees. very disrepecful.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
very bad manager
Productive sales environment
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, OROctober 17, 2017
Getting the carpet cleaning van ready for work. Stretching with the crew before work. Satisfying all my customers wasn't easy but i loved it with all my heart.
Pros
free food
Cons
no benefits
Xbox in place but ppl is in there own world
Driver / carpet technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2017
They was ok just lied about how work is going and told me I could come back with my work ethic being so good but ended up asking the other workers if they wanted me back which as thts a no if u trying to get yo ppl In the job
Pros
Learning stuff
Cons
Bad attitude
Fast-paced
Commercial Crew Chief & Carpet Technician (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 13, 2017
A typical day at work can be sometimes long and strenuous. Overall the management is ok, but upper management can be a little more visible and rewarding towards their employees. The workplace's atmosphere is pretty laid back. The hardest part of the job is not being equipped with the necessary tools and equipment to do my job effectively. The most rewarding and enjoyable part of the job is satisfying clients.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
if your driven and a hard worker you can be successful with this company
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 12, 2017
You need to be driven and money motivated. It's hard work that takes some getting used to. It's long hours during the warmer months and you struggle for work during the winter. Commission based pay.
Pros
Can make a lot of money without putting in more hours, Great potential, Training is second to none, Largest carpet cleaning company in the country.
Cons
10-14 hour days. You never know when you get off.
cons
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Bernalillo, NMMarch 21, 2017
The way they pay is sucks. you get paid on what you sell not how many carpets you clean. They wouldn't work with doctor appointment schedules. I had to quit because they wouldn't accept my doctors' note as a form of excuse of absence.
Typical day at work
Carpet Technician/Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Kaukauna, WIMarch 19, 2017
Start clocking in at the shop by 7:15am. Shortly after a morning debrief, you load up the van with supplies and then go on your job route. After all of your jobs are completed you go back to the shop and finish paperwork. Typically there are between three to five stops per day.
Pros
No supervision throughout the day
Cons
Never know when you're going to be done
Rude and racis
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2017
Very difficult to work for people who try to intimidate you with rude and crude comments. The customer part of the job is amazing about working for them.
Good Job
Carpet Technician/Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLFebruary 26, 2017
Good company to work for. Upper management takes care of employees and makes sure you succeed. I would recommend this company to anybody.
The enviroment is condusive to learning how to provide better services for the consumers.
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 15, 2017
It's a great place to work with opportunity in multiple directions from certified technician to water mitigation.

maintain the upkeep of the work trucks operation and cleanliness for professionalism and ease of execution.
Pros
Room to grow.
Cons
Not enough gloves.

Want to know more about Stanley Steemer Int. Inc.?

Ask a question
horrible pay and terrible management
Carpet Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 28, 2016
Where to start the add says 50,000 a year which is an outright lie. The owner has his son running things which wouldn't be horrible if your one of his bar buddies and get spoon fed money. No social or personal life at all.
Pros
Cons
everything
Carpet Technician (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 20, 2016
Work long hours, have to deal with Rude customers, some people at the shop are spoon fed their money while others gotta bust their tail. The money was decent.
Pros
Free lunch
Terrible place to work
Carpet Technician (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WANovember 20, 2016
At Stanley Steemer you work very hard and long hours never knowing what time you get off. For the hard work you do, you should be making more than $12.50 I recommend for you not to work there.
Pros
nothing
Cons
12 hour days average, never know what time you get off, never know your next job, a hard labor job
You can make great money
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2016
Great company to network through with meeting different customers and making great money. Long 12/15 hours 6 days a week, which leaves no time for family or handling business throughout the week.
its okay
Carpet Technician/Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJune 30, 2016
its okay if you like to sell ,otherwise its a job. the only way you make money is if you sell. good thing about it is you meet some interesting people . and if you net work yourself you may be able to move on .
Pros
meet intersting people.
Cons
its commission job
Co-workers great, commission-based salary.
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOMay 27, 2016
It was hard work, a sales-based, two-man team centric job that you would either succeed very well in or kind of bomb out of. A 8$ hour minimum safety net was nice for the commission part, but when you would see itk it was terrible. And seeing as the training wasn't exactly mandatory, most things you figured out on your own, leaving a lot left to learn. Overall good co-workers, everyone worked well with eachother. 7.5/10
Terrible job...very unprofessional
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAApril 19, 2016
This job was the worst job I have ever had..I hate I even associated my name and reputation with such an unprofessional business. The owner is running the buisness into the ground. He doesn't care about his employees or the business. Spends his money on the wrong things forcing us to have to clean without soap at times. I had no training and pretty much picked up everything I knew from another employee. The location I worked at constantly goes through employees because of the owner and his terrible personality. He has poor communication skills and can't help but tick off whoever he talks to. There is so much more I could say but I've wasted enough time with this company... STAY FAR AWAY!!!!
Pros
Gettting to drive around and meet knew people
Cons
Not enough pay, nobody cares, no set hours, waste of time!!!!!!
Good money
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 17, 2016
You get commission based on your crew chiefs performance so you better hope yo are matched up with a good crew chief. Assisting to the crew chief, setting up and tearing down the van, moving furniture.
Pros
Easy money
Cons
never know when you will be done
pingpong table was there and many other perks
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAFebruary 1, 2016
the best company out there to work for and to have in your home.the staff is great and the crew was great to work with.The benefits were great and the work was awesome.
Pros
paid holidays
fun workm place
Carpet Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2015
good learning experience,now i know how to properly clean and inspect tile as well as carpet.Co workers are great they help each other and pass on their knowledge of all the different cleaning technics.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanley Steemer Int. Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8