Stanley Steemer Int. Inc.

Stanley Steemer Int. Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Fun environment, Ping pong table, weights and treadmill to use during down time
Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 4, 2015
Typical day starts at 7, coming together in the crew room making jokes going over numbers and how be can do better. What you thought you knew about cleaning is no where near as advanced as Stanley Steemers, so many different products that most of the time super effective. Probably the most understanding management team you'll ever meet. Co workers are what makes your day go by so much smoother always helpful and make sure to show you the correct way. Hardest part of the job i would say is getting up early everyday feeling pumped and motivated even when you have customers that can give you a hard time. The most enjoyable part is being around your peers, cool managers, meeting different people, seeing different places and most importantly having a satisfied customer
Pros
Great pay, Friendly customers
Cons
undetermined hours
great job and people
Carpet Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85085March 10, 2016
go to work
team meeting
go to jobs
wash truck at end shift
the end.
do it again the next day
and the day after that
and the day after that
six days a week
16 hour shifts.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
lots of work
pingpong table was there and many other perks
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAFebruary 1, 2016
the best company out there to work for and to have in your home.the staff is great and the crew was great to work with.The benefits were great and the work was awesome.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
Busy workplace with a unique culture.
Crew ChiefPart-Time DispatcherCertified Water Tech (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIOctober 23, 2015
A Typical day at Stanley Steemer is pretty stressful with deadlines and managers breathing down your neck. Although management is flexible customer satisfaction exceeds the needs of the workers and sometimes it seems the workers are forgotten to management. Co-Workers are a friendly bunch you have to have a special kind of attitude to make it there. Hardest part of the job would be dealing with the management on a daily bases. Most enjoyable part would have to be doing the job itself by helping customers and meeting their needs.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
terrible work place look elsewhere
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIMay 26, 2016
This job demands your life there is no work no life balance. The pay varies and there is no consistency. Its ok if you cant find anything better.
Fun job,great staff
Carpet Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIDecember 30, 2015
The hours are long but the benefits and pay are great, fun company. The hardest part of this job is not having enough off time to take care of business, they rely on an employee request off system which does not always work properly.
Best crew all around
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 12, 2015
A typical day at work started off with stretching every morning. We would have to change into our work uniforms and stay clean cut. My co-workers were the greatest. They wanted to get the job done as professionally as possible.The most enjoyable part of the job is that you always had somewhere new to go and the management was great.
Pros
BBQ's on Friday's, Good money. Sometimes a flexible schedule.
Cons
There weren't any really as long as you worked hard there was always great compensation.
Ok job...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHApril 24, 2016
It is a good job if you do not have a life or family.
The people were cool and fun.
The nature of the job was frustrating.
Very hard to make bonuses.
I won't say anything negitave about the company
Assistant / Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 13, 2016
I won't say anything negative about the company, it is a job I will say that the hours can be long at times and the product and services that they offer work well.
3rd time reviewing in a row because it wont let me coninue
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 3, 2015
ive already reviewed this job twice and it would not let me continue on with the process of looking for more jobs and submitting this so i can continue with my search. my advice would be to put an option to skip this all together
great place to work
Cleaning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 1, 2016
this is a great place to work had fun great learning experience plenty of opportunists to move up with the company no complaints
re
Crew Chief/Technician (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJFebruary 25, 2016
Not to good not to many opportunities to advance yourself. Dead end environment management does not care about its staff.
fun workm place
Carpet Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2015
good learning experience,now i know how to properly clean and inspect tile as well as carpet.Co workers are great they help each other and pass on their knowledge of all the different cleaning technics.
Fun work place
assistant (Current Employee) –  everythingJanuary 13, 2016
Good money when there is a high job count. Not very stable for someone who has to make at least a certain amount per week. Good job for young adults.
Terrible place
Temp (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 21, 2015
Typical day includes being worked like a slave for way less than anyone is worth.
Management is absolutely laughable because all they manage to do is a horrible job.
Hardest part of the day is putting up with all the grown men there that act like divas.
Most enjoyable part of the day would be the long drives it takes to get from place to place.
Pros
Seeing the best houses
Cons
Managment
great place to work full of energy and opportunity to make great money
Senior Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJSeptember 7, 2015
a typical work day at stanley steemer would consist of many different things depending on how many jobs would be on the board. Also , the weather of that day would play a large roll on a successful and busy day. If i was to work on a truck that day i would restock my truck with tools and chemicals that i would need to be able to provide great customer service and excellent workmanship on anything i would be cleaning or restoring. My work day would range from Cleaning a home with carpet floors, upholstery, tile and grout on kitchen and bathroom floors, it could also range to power washing a drive way after a long snowy winter. this is what a typical day at stanley steemer would have in store for a floor technician .
Pros
meet great customers, comtrol of how much money you want to make
Cons
long hours, allergies to animals, a lot of driving between job sites
Working at the Steemer
CSA (Current Employee) –  Inverness, FLAugust 2, 2015
Every morning I start by checking all the crew members work and all the checks made my customer. Once I make sure everything is correct, I then make up the deposit slips for the branches our crews worked at. I then make sure the daily sales and deposits match. I also check in 10 offices daily sales/deposits to make sure as the overall company is balanced. All while answering the phone and booking jobs. Running over the phone credit cards, checking and putting in online jobs. I check in 10 offices work and make sure it is generated and ready for someone to update work. I check all credit card receipts to the credit card statements.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
No insurance, raises are very hard to get.
cool.
Carpet Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2015
I don't know what to say because I shouldn't gossip about a work place. so this question is rigged and I do not approve of this so im just writing words until I hit the twenty words minimum.
Pros
real cool.
Cons
not to sure.
carpet tech
Carpet Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVDecember 7, 2015
Great job, great hours, great pay. Very physically demanding. I would definintly recomend this job for someone who can handle a lot of lifting in one day.
Productive but really need benefits
CARPET TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  GASTONIA,NCJune 30, 2015
A typical day at work is you never know what time your going to get off, and I learned to never make any important plans because you might not be able to get them done,management is alright,but needs a little work,I'm self motivated so I dont talk much I like to get my job done. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the heat in the summer, and the most enjoyable part is vacation time!
Pros
SOME EARLY DAYS
Cons
THEY TAKE AN HOUR OUT FOR BREAK EVEN IF YOU DON T TAKE ONE