Stanley Steemer Int. Inc. Employee Reviews

We have basketball goals in the warehouse and ping pong table
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALMarch 22, 2017
A typical day at work for me OK I come in we have a start of shift meeting and last about 15 minutes and after that I get my scanner and I start auditing well I'm done with that I start loading trucks and making stuff look good that's what I do all day.
Long time for wrong time
Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 22, 2017
Not much to say terrible atmosphere people there came to work just enough to go home....allocating just enough energy to get the job done with only a dull roar from management
cons
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Bernalillo, NMMarch 21, 2017
The way they pay is sucks. you get paid on what you sell not how many carpets you clean. They wouldn't work with doctor appointment schedules. I had to quit because they wouldn't accept my doctors' note as a form of excuse of absence.
Great for young motivated workers
Carpet Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAMarch 21, 2017
The job starts at 7 A.M. You'll never know when you're out until you get a message that states to gas and bring the truck back. The managers will treat you alright but don't get on their bad side. The company is good, but there are a lot of improvements. They are extremely picky of goals that you need to meet. You will get tired and worn out very fast
Pros
Freedom on the road
Cons
Short breaks, treated poorly, tiring
Good co-workers make it enjoyable
Water Mitigation Technician (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMarch 20, 2017
Money is good when there is actual work and the co-workers make the job a little bit more enjoyable, but seems like management doesn't care too much about it's employees.
Typical day at work
Carpet Technician/Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Kaukauna, WIMarch 19, 2017
Start clocking in at the shop by 7:15am. Shortly after a morning debrief, you load up the van with supplies and then go on your job route. After all of your jobs are completed you go back to the shop and finish paperwork. Typically there are between three to five stops per day.
Pros
No supervision throughout the day
Cons
Never know when you're going to be done
Anything goes
Air duct & carpet cleaning technician (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 17, 2017
No consequences for any actions of tardiness, absences, or damages. Inadequate training is accepted. Quality work is not a priority for upper management.
Crew Chief tec (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 16, 2017
Nice people around
Good environment places
Good money maker
Alot skills to put at work with costumer and services to offer to them
Rude and racis
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2017
Very difficult to work for people who try to intimidate you with rude and crude comments. The customer part of the job is amazing about working for them.
fun and entertaining
Customer Service Advisor- Call center (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 13, 2017
the people who worked there were always nice and funny and energetic. a typical work day for me was good and filled with helping and working with the other coworkers while still having a fun time doing it. management was great we got along very well he was always professional. the culture was great everyone was nice and friendly and all that a team can ask for. the hardest part of the job were the toilets I had to clean those sometimes and that could get messy. everyday was enjoyable when your around lively, nice and friendly people all day long.
Pros
community lunches alot fo us lunched together like a fmily which was nice
Cons
secluded area so you had to pack everything you needed for the day on you or you would drive far.
Great place of work/ great employees and management
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Dunbar, WVMarch 11, 2017
Going to work at Stanley is more than just a job everyone is friendly and the longer your an employee the more the team becomes family, the management is wonderful, respectful and helpful in every way !
Cons
Lunch break any time you choose, great dental and healthcare/401
I didn't like working for the company manager in Conway SC
Assistant Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCMarch 11, 2017
The manager just didn't get along with anyone. If you needed help with something on the job and had to call him he would get mad at you for calling him and not knowing how to do it yourself. He would pick favorites so if you were one of his favorites, he wouldn't get mad if you messed up but if you weren't and did the same thing as the other guy, it would be the end of the world.
Pros
you could get off early in the day but still make a lot of money because of commission
Cons
you never had a set schedule so you could work all day and not have a clue when you would be off
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMarch 8, 2017
Great time I really enjoyed my time working here and being able to expand my knowledge. I was greatful to not only be able to go into people's homes and give them the satisfaction of a clean carpet , but also to work on the vans that needed repairing.
Fun place, good location, comfortable environment
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 7, 2017
If you like to work for your money, this is the place to go. Managers have experience on trucks so are very lenient and great with training. Also, no supervision is a plus, just get out on the road with a partner or solo and do your job. Summertime is heavy with the job count so you won't be back home until around 6-7 sometimes 8pm, but there also early days so it weighs evenly. Commission based, but if you are the competitive type and want to reach the top, it is fun. This is more than just a carpet cleaning job though, you are a salesperson as well.
Pros
Independence, $$$
Cons
Long days, slow winters
Good Job
Carpet Technician/Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLFebruary 26, 2017
Good company to work for. Upper management takes care of employees and makes sure you succeed. I would recommend this company to anybody.
Business atmosphere
Assistant Technician (Former Employee) –  Delmar, DEFebruary 25, 2017
Long days and hours. Work six days a week. Not sure how they come up with the pay scale. Can be a fun environment depending on the people. Hard to schedule any activities out of work dr appt etc due to the erratic work schedule
Pros
Take lunch when you want to
Cons
Hectic work schedule
fun but inconsistent
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAFebruary 21, 2017
I enjoyed the job, it was tough but rewarding. I only left because work got slow and I ended up going a few weeks without work at the end (as did half our office). Shortly after I left the location was shut down and combined with the Anaheim location.
Pros
The better you are the more you make
Cons
It's a dirty job.
Fun job lots of hours
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 18, 2017
Customer service is terrible. Job is fun being your own boss but billions of hours and no outside life. Turn over rate is outrageous and some workers shouldn't have ever been hired
Pros
Good money
Cons
Hours are horrid
Don't work for them
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLFebruary 18, 2017
If you get hired on as a CSA quit. The slightest slip up and you will be fired. I went in every day wondering if this was the day that I was going to be fired. They say they give customer service but that is a joke. All they give are excuses and blame the CSA's for every problem.
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 14, 2017
Different atmosphere everyday
Summers paid well but winters were very slow
Own boss out in field
Grew relationships with customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanley Steemer Int. Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8