Stanley Steemer Int. Inc.

Stanley Steemer Int. Inc. Employee Reviews

Good money potential, limited advancement
Technician (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 12, 2017
It's ok. you work on commission so pay goes up and down. hours are long sometimes and you never know when you are going to be done.
Pros
You determine your pay
Cons
hours, labor intensive, work in all types of weather
Company Cleaning
Carpet Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJuly 23, 2016
Job had poor management skills an getting things together an the way they talk to people was not ok at all. Also with there cleaning equipment no boss knew how to fix anything in the shop.
The enviroment is condusive to learning how to provide better services for the consumers.
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 15, 2017
It's a great place to work with opportunity in multiple directions from certified technician to water mitigation.

maintain the upkeep of the work trucks operation and cleanliness for professionalism and ease of execution.
Pros
Room to grow.
Cons
Not enough gloves.
horrible pay and terrible management
Carpet Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 28, 2016
Where to start the add says 50,000 a year which is an outright lie. The owner has his son running things which wouldn't be horrible if your one of his bar buddies and get spoon fed money. No social or personal life at all.
Pros
Cons
everything
Private owned business so lots of missing holes in the company with various situations
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INDecember 9, 2016
Overall decent company to work for if you don't mind comin in at 7am and not knowing when you're getting off, latest time would be 7-8pm
Pros
decent money
Cons
Never knew when you would get off
if your just out of high school its a great place
Carpet Tec (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 2, 2016
you learn how to work hard and make money not just for you but for the company its commission based job. you start out as an assistant and later if you prove your self you can become a Carpet Tec.
Pros
good money if you want to work for it
Terrific Workplace
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 17, 2017
I greatly enjoyed my time as a team member of Stanley Steemer. The office had a great camaraderie and can-do attitude. I always felt comfortable to ask for help when I needed it and learned a great deal from the many excellent professionals at Stanley Steemer.
big company that works you to the bone
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MINovember 17, 2016
they work you till you drop. you never know when your day will end. could be 2pm could be 8pm...who knows. they pit workers against each other for work positions and promote high pressure sales.. poo poo and stanley..
Pros
full time employment
Cons
they will own your time
Good Company
Technician (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJune 4, 2016
they are a great company learned a lot about carpet , tile and wood cleaning management was ok co workers were very helpful hardest part of he job was trying to convince the customers of the extra items they would need to help with the care of what we just cleaned
Pros
cash tips
Cons
breaks taken on the road in between jobs
Productive, Energy
Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 24, 2016
most days have a meeting before we would go out and ready the trucks for the day, through out the day we get orders from a little computer and we head to the job site.
as we clean and move furniture we would try to up sell a room or some protection for the carpet.
the team was great, everyone got along the management made sure we were OK and sometimes check up on us during work at a house.
over all the best thing about the job was the environment but the least was up selling and trying to re assemble the truck as fast as possible.
Pros
management, co workers, energy
Cons
up selling
fun and productive
Helper (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAJanuary 17, 2017
everyday consist of driving to different locations and working on a little bit of everything. I learned a lot of amazing things while working here. the most enjoyable part was seeing the customer happy after we where done.
favoritism is shown
Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 14, 2016
If you're not personal friends with management you will not make money. The management does not clock all hours worked on your paycheck.
Best job ever had
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Laflin, PADecember 22, 2016
Cleaning carpets moving furniture talking to customers everyday we would clean 4-5 even 6 houses a day
Different atmosphere every day we also cleaned tile,wood,upholstery and we also did water restoration
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long days
Ok
Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 6, 2016
The branch that I'm under is pretty fair. The people I work with are fine workers despite problems in the shop personally between some of the crew. The manager tries to be fair majority of the time
Pros
Hands on
Cons
Slow days
Carpet cleaning tech
Carpet Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2016
Great employees work there, they have great trainer that teach very well. The supervisor has a great way of doing what he does to keep the company running great.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Long work hours
Review Stanley Steemer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLNovember 11, 2016
All in all is was a descent place to work, I was promoted within months of being employed, which is what I enjoyed the most about working for this company.
Great job to keep you busy
Crew Technician (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VA and Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2016
A good job for a person that can think on their feet and enjoys working in a fast paced manner. A lot of traveling involved in this job. However, you are not guaranteed a set time off each day you work. Benefits vary depending on whether you work for a corporation or a franchise.
Pros
Lots of traveling and seeing different homes
Cons
You never know what time you get off each day
Very productive
Crew Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37932January 12, 2017
Great job. To many hours per week though. We would sometimes work 70 to 80 hours per week. Loved the commission though. I made great money working for this company
Great place
Carpet Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAJanuary 13, 2017
Caring people here and fun environment. They even help me out because my baby momma was going to have a baby and for a whole week they had me local so I can get to her right away if I had to
Love the work
Senior Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 30, 2016
enjoy working with customers, meeting new people, the worst part of the job, is the pay bracket....i also enjoy the work !!
Pros
traveling an working with customers
Cons
does not pay enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanley Steemer Int. Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8