Stanley Employee Reviews in United States

Highly motivated work force,well paid
Porter-cable CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 19, 2015
I operated three different types of CNC's, learned to operate laser micrometer to within 0.000005 tolerance to grind bearing journals, large work fore divided into departments, management was well trained former production workers, the work was not difficult except when we were under staffed, the hardest part of the job was getting workers to do more than the bare minimum
Pros
state of the art work centers well maintained and a well stocked tool room
Cons
down sized and machinery sold off
Too many unskilled personel/high turnover rate
Lynd dba Cameron Autoplex C-J PARTS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cameron, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Very Remote location, Must be willing to travel or relocate. Limited opportunity for fixed operations due to population size and low income. There is a high turnover rate due to the inexperience personnel hired.
Pros
new facility
Cons
small community and limited potential
Good culture, but limited opportunity
Flexible Benefits Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 20, 2014
My time with SHDR has been successful,and my search for new employment is somewhat reluctant. The subject matter of my work isn't the most exciting, but learning and growing to fill the responsibilities is a challenge that I approach with enthusiasm. I feel that I was recognized and rewarded for my accomplishments, and my immediate management make it clear that I am appreciated. The most challenging part of this job for is the commute. I live over an hour from the office, and my work/life balance is suffering as a result.
Great place to work.
Senior Tool & Gage Inspector (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAOctober 7, 2014
One of best companies I ever worked for. You knew what was expected of you and felt you were appreciated. I was sad when distribution center moved to North Carolina
Fun and engaging place to work
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 6, 2014
A typical day at worked consisted of driving to an account. Following my work check list, meeting with managers, training associates about new products. Setting up new displays. Building relationships. Coming home and entering in reports and building power points to turn in at the end of the week
it was a nice place to work i wish they wouldnt of closed.
Order Picking (Beginner) (Former Employee) –  rockfalls,ilMay 30, 2014
it was a new experience for me but i liked the work,the people and staff were friendly and helpful.the hardest part of the job when i first started was where to find the parts n identifing them to be the right parts, but once u learned where they were at and what to look for it went much better and more productive.
Fun, laid back
Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 15, 2014
I loved this place. I got to work on military vehicles. I would work for them again.
n/a
Hard coat (Current Employee) –  London, OHFebruary 28, 2014
100% headlights,
expect them,
repack
ship
help other lines
I love making new friends and being able to sell vehicles.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  TXFebruary 21, 2014
I think my review on the new Bossier owners is very high pressure and the management talks/treats to us in a non professional basis and a 65 hour work schedule with no days off or even a half business day off creates no family time. My review over all where I work with new owners is not positive. Thats why I'm looking for a change to a company that has a great workplace environment and hours that give me some time with my family too. I currently work a 65 hour week, open to close.
Pros
free healthcare/life insurance
Cons
work week too many hours away from family
plenty of work
Material Handler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  ILOctober 16, 2013
Most days were very busy with setup of all machines and stocking up on materials. I learned mostly every fork truck available while there. My co-workers were hard working so they kept me busy with replenishing there parts. Hardest part of the job would be waiting for management to put all other employees to work. Most enjoyable part would be the fast paced work.
Pros
days flew by with fast work
Cons
factory shut down and relocated
Productive, good place to work
Senior Sales/Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 19, 2013
Good work environmental,reliable co-workers.
Knowledgeable management,open to new ideas and beneficial changes.
A job that gives the opportunity to work closely to customers from major Aerospace Programs like Boeing,Airbus,Embraer.
Productive and effecient work place
CBRN Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort campbell, KY 42223July 20, 2013
skilled in leadership, logistics, chemicals, environmental, instructor and operations. Hard, dedicated worker with clearance,
Pros
leadership
Prouductive work place where I ensure circuit impacts within the DISA Conus Network are accurrate
Network Impact Analysis Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILApril 24, 2013
Typical Day at work consists of gathering/performing Network Assessments of circuit/customer impacts across the DISN Network that supports the War Fighter missions in the Middle East and support of our military around the globe.

I have learned new fiber technologies through my time @ DISA and have learned that personnel's lives depend on what our Team does on a daily basis supporting the mission.

Management is supportive and driven to ensure that the job is done correctly on a daily basis.

My Co-Workers are excellent professionals that take their jobs seriously and chase perfection on a daily basis. Quality team oriented people that take pride in what they do to support the mission/military daily.

The most difficult part of the job is the volume of maintenance requests that the in a short period of time and the turn around time that has to be executed on a daily basis with complete accuracy.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is the JOB. Doing my job daily to support all the men/women that protect are freedom's and risk their lives daily.
Pros
our team, fun to be at work with true professionals.
Not organized
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 16, 2013
COMPANY wasnt organized didnt feel secure in having a job. waited every day to hear we were being laid off due to no work
Pros
location
Cons
job security
Stanley was great
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KsNovember 2, 2012
We repaired heavy and light vehicles, did expections repairs and services. I got along with my co-workers. Good company
Pros
good company, co-workers and benefits
Cons
got laid off
I enjoy the face past, working independently and with my team.
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 10, 2012
I enjoy working for Stanley Black & Decker. I have a nice work environment and a wonderful relationship with my co-workers.
Pros
i enjoy being busy and productive.
Typical SETA environment
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 11, 2012
This company provided the U.S. Army with expert support for acquisition and project management.
Pros
fair salary
Cons
terrible management
Excellent company
ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2012
Great place to begin a career and retire. Able to grow and gain experience in all areas of design and architecture.
Productive, and competive
Receiver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Concord, CharlotteJanuary 19, 2012
Great place for working, competive, and very productive. It is excellent place if you want to build a professional carrier.
Pros
free parking
Cons
short meeting