Stantec Consulting

Stantec Consulting Employee Reviews

Very fulfilling, a lot of great experiences
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 11, 2015
I enjoyed every moment I worked at the Atlanta Stantec office. I learned a lot over the 3 years I was there. The management team and co-workers were very easy to talk to and work with; it was a diverse group and was treated with much appreciation and kindness.
This Company has good opertunities for growth.
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2015
Pros: Very friendly enviornment
Cons: Management style is a little antiquated
They are interested in hiring people that want to learn and grow, I learned a lot working for them. The people are very personable. The Benefits are in the upper average range.
It was a nice work environment
Assist Party Chief (Former Employee), OhioApril 15, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: some managment
Assisted with the daily duties, learned to take each task as it comes. Most of my co workers were great to work with. the hardest part of the job the environment and being so far away from home. the people I worked with
Great coworkers but upper management needs to change
Structural Designer (Current Employee), Rochelle Park, NJApril 15, 2015
Good company with lots of bright young engineers but some of the upper managers are incompetent at their position. 8 to 5 typical work day. I got to expand my knowledge in transportation and structural engineering thanks to some really intelligent senior engineers and project managers.
Good work atmosphere
Mechanical Engineering Co-op (Former Employee), Butler, PAFebruary 12, 2015
The people who worked there were very friendly and helpful in my acclamation to the job. The pay and benefits weren't the best but not a bad experience all around.
amazing place to work,
CAD Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great pay, good leaders, office supplied snack room, monthly company lunch.
Cons: office shut down in 2008/2009
creating construction documents - ground up or remodels, I got to use company details and create new details and drawings under the job captain/ coordinator's supervision.
I learned more in this company than any school ever taught me, under the direction of my regional manager, multiple architects, project manager, job captain and fellow CAD Drafters/ Technicians we conquered hundreds of projects including gas stations/. convenience stores, banks, fast food restaurants, and retail pads.
The management is wonderful, very educated, patient and caring.
You have the best team of co-workers surrounding you! if you don't know something there is someone who does and who will take a moment to help you learn. if you or they are behind on a project, its not difficult to get a helping hand.
The hardest part was having to say goodbye, construction came to a stop and many clients put a stop order on their projects; the layoffs started and never stopped.
Everyday was enjoyable, everyone is working in a professional manner, there's music playing.. its relaxed yet quick paced.
Pipeline Surveyor Eyeman (Current Employee), New Philadelphia, OHJanuary 29, 2015
Good company great people. Sometimes gets slow but will always have work around.
Great people to work with and lots to learn.
Business Analyst - Enterprise Architecture Team (Former Employee), 10160 102 AvenueJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day at work was always busy arranging and meeting with the business to go through taking each project, through each stage of the project development life cycle. Management and co-workers were always great to work with and the people are always the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job is trying to arrange a time where everyone is available to meet.
Productive and enjoyable
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee), Modesto, CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: snack machines in lunch room.
Cons: traffic to and from work.
My arrival at Stantec was greeted with smiling, friendly faces. I would collect all payroll data needed to enter employee hours.
I would than make copies and file. These tasks would keep me busy through out the day. The hardest part of the job was traffic to and from work. the most enjoyable part was me always staying busy. I enjoy keeping busy, it makes the day go by faster.
Excellent work environment.
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CADecember 2, 2014
A lot of highly experienced engineers on board, who are very good, treat everyone equally, and always ready to share the knowledge. Excellent work culture and ethics.
Excellent opportunity for learning.
Intern Inspector (Former Employee), Watford City, NDNovember 26, 2014
Inspect box culverts production of setting grade, rebar placement, and concrete testing with time limits of using concrete.
Great learning experience!
Owner Representative / Inspector (Current Employee), Watford City, NDNovember 6, 2014
Experienced the importance of documenting everything that happens on site.
Productive, Amazing people working for this company, Loved the culture
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CANovember 4, 2014
Our Finance Team is all women and all of these women inspire me to do better. We all helped each other and listened to each other.
Excellent Company Perks
Procurement Assistant (Current Employee), Tempe, AZNovember 1, 2014
Pros: bagels and donuts every payday, socal committee events
Cons: health insurance
The most amazing company I have ever had the pleasure of working for.
great environment
Intermediate Mining Engineer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 23, 2014
Pros: lunch are free
Cons: no work and layoffs are feared
LOT SO FRIENDS TO MAKE BUT NOT ALWAYS EASY TO KNOW WHO REALLY IS YOUR FRIEND. EVERYONE IS OUT FOR THEMSELVES
Enjoyable
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Ontario, CAOctober 9, 2014
I worked for this company for a short period of time but enjoyed my time. My boss at the time was a nice and gave praise to a job well done when deserved.
Big company, opportunities for Engineering
Network Specialist, IT Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2014
I can't say much about Stantec, We were purchased by them and as of now have not been fully integrated into their company.
A great work atmosphere.
Senior Environmental Specialist (Former Employee), Laurel, MDSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: no telecommunte
The average work day at Stantec was a good day. The managers were always available and helpful. Co-workers were nice and friendly.
I love the fact that I would work independently, however my resources were always available.
Typical Consulting Environment
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJune 4, 2014
Pros: benefits are good
Cons: poor managers, not all but some
Growth through acquisitions is not real growth, expect career stagnation. Some upper management should be removed to let real organic growth begin.
Nothing but a number.
Field Services Manager / Materials Technician (Former Employee), All over US and CanadaApril 11, 2014
Cons: less than truthfull
After ten years let go like I was hired last week. I was working for another firm that was bought by Stantec 8 years ago. After that things started to go down hill. They say employees first but are only interested in profit. Other firms I have worked for have carried their most loyal employees until the next project. Not Stantec. They will not except the smallest amount of overhead. A billion dollar firm let me go with no warning with only two week severance.

1 2 3 4

About Stantec Consulting

Stantec knows you don't become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North – Read more

Stantec Consulting Salaries