Stantec Consulting Employee Reviews in United States

I love this company
Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 21, 2016
I learned so much working at Stantec. I miss this company as well as my coworkers. Professional company and people. It's like a family.
Worked as a Data Analyst
DATA ANALYST FOR PIPELINE RESEARCH (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2016
Searched for easements for pipeline project and uploaded documents into database. Worked 6 months due to company lost bid on job and had no work.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Work wasn't stable
Good and Bad
Supervisor(s) Jonathan Williams, Rich Pratt (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 29, 2016
Working at Stantec can be fun and rewarding given the right office. However if your office is not productive then it is every man for themselves.
This organization inspires me to do my best work every day. I am agree.
Engineer Consultant III (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 24, 2016
I truly enjoy my day-day work task.
I am able to choose how best to complete my work.
This is a socially and environmentally responsible organization.
Pros
There is a pleasant working environment.
Cons
It's hard to participate in projects where cronyism is above the professional rate.
Good place to learn technical skills, time management, and client management
Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMay 22, 2016
Fast paced consulting firm that continues to grown through acquisitions. Places a lot of value on employee billable hours. Great place to work on multiple projects and gain some valuable technical skills.

Needs improvement on employee retention and organic growth.
Pros
Good benefits, several learning opportunities
Cons
Too much focus on acquisitions, high employee turnover
summary
Engineering project manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 10, 2016
summary of this company is provided in the appropriate section of selected report. please refer to the provided section for more information and/or questions concerns.
Different
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 23, 2016
My position working at Stantec was when the housing sale and building were at its peek. I was part of a team that was assigned to house being built in the Inland Empire.
Pros
New type of work
Great place to work if you make it a great place to work
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  SoutheastMarch 14, 2016
Like any consulting company your future is really up to you. You either need to have clients or be a resource to people with clients. As long as you are pushing to advance your career Stantec will be behind you and support you. This is not a lifetime appointment where you can sit on your laurels hoping for the best unless you are willing to get what you get.
Pros
People and projects
Cons
Consulting
Drafter (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 2, 2016
Typical day at work is designing underground mines. It's a fun place to work. The environment their is enjoyable.
Management is usually pretty good.
The hardest part of the job is getting projects during a tough time in the industry.
Enjoyed working there
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHMarch 1, 2016
It was a fun company to work for. They let me go because there was not enough work to keep me busy since they had two other administrative assistants.
Comfortable Environment with great benefits
Admin Tech I (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2016
Stantec is a great company to work for. They are organized and very professional.

The compensation and benefits are what makes this work environment the best. Happily paid employees make for a happy work environment.

This company really takes care of their employees.
Pros
organization, compensation, benefits
Cons
industry suffering, inconsistency of projects causing a lot of downtime.
Fun place to work.
Technical Professional Leader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Professional office environment, along with a copious sprinkling of courtesy and humor. The most enjoyable part of my work is collaborating with colleagues, while the most challenging aspect is meeting aggressive in-house project schedules.
Fair. Work experience to brief to make
Designer III (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 13, 2016
The majority of my work history has been with companies ranging in size from 25 to 800 employees, and as Stantec employs upwards of 15,000 people world wide, this would represent my first experience with a company of this size. In 2014 Stantec bought the company for with which I had worked for more than 20 years, a small business supporting the Oil & Gas industry. In 2015 we experienced the dramatic down turn in the price of Oil, leading to significant reductions in our work force. Throughout the process of staff reduction, Stantec made ever effort to place employees within the company, and delt as fairly as is possible to do so under the circumstance. Our parting was amicable and fair, and I would work again for Stantec should the sector return to profitability in the future.
Stantec Scarborough Maine
drafting (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEDecember 22, 2015
Absolutely no management skills in the design group. Poor engineering. No drive to finish projects on time and under budget. No room for any kind of advancement. Constant cell phone and Internet use during core work hours.
Pros
Cons
Leadership
A great place to work
Senior Designer Il (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 23, 2015
great environment
great place to learn and grow
coworkers are great
great opportunity to grow
hardest part is work depends on the oil and gas economy
fair work benefits
OK workplace, not for career development
Geotechnical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 14, 2015
OK workplace, not for career development. The company does not have a career path - you go in-work-and you come out. You stay at the same position you entered 5/10 years ago.
Great atmosphere
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 23, 2015
Stantec has a wealth of industry people and the workplace is enjoyable. There are people with all levels of experience. A typical day starts at 8:00 and finishes between 4 and 5. Monthly luncheons provide the office with a forum for a safe discussion and update to the ever evolving industry.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Mid range salary
Self starters will excel at this company as your often out in remote field conditions, so your work quality is dependent on ones motivation
Natural Resource Technician (Current Employee) –  NYJuly 14, 2015
This project is based on western New York where we are provided post construction monitoring efforts for a wind energy company. The world is primarily walking along transects underneath wind turbines while search for bat/bird fatalities. We collect data on weather, vegetation, fatalities, searcher efficiency, scavenger prevalence, and wildlife observations. The best part of the job is the independence and ownership of your own work experience and quality as it is far away from the field office. The only downsides of the job are working in adverse weather and staring at the ground for 6-8 hours a day can become tedious.
a very familiar working environment where I got to interact with all co-workers including the directors
Architectural Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 10, 2015
On a typical day I edited red line corrections for a senior living complex. I was exposed to architectural, civil engineering, electrical, and plumbing documents. Interacted with co-workers to get directions and learned a lot from them.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
unpaid extra hours
Company In Process of Buying Out Seacor
Data entry for environmental cleanup projects (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 6, 2015
I was originally employed by Seacor. Stantec bought Seacor and was in the process of digesting the business. I was not able to use my skills in SQL to enhance the process due to former Seacor employees understandable resistance to being downsized.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stantec Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.