Stantec Consulting Employee Reviews

Loved the people I worked with
Marketing Coordinator - Power Division (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEJune 2, 2017
I really enjoyed working with all of my colleagues in the Scarborough, ME office. Most of all, i appreciated the social consciousness of this location. Annually the office would hold fundraisers in support of the Make a Wish Foundation. I was rewarding to know I worked for a company who cared for the well-being of others.
Good Company depends on location
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 1, 2017
Nice culture again depends on location of the office.Bakersfield branch is nice.
Staff is friendly and cooperative. Environment is good multicultural and family like.
Good place to learn and intern
Engineering Tech I (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 25, 2017
I enjoyed working at Stantec. The other employees were great to me, and very helpful in my project over the course of my time there. I enjoyed my experience with Stantec.
Unique work experience
Intermediate and Lead Designer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 6, 2017
The culture is one of working hard but having fun. There are many company sponsored social events (bowling, golf, etc.) that encourage interaction between you and your co-workers and the events are heavily promoted and attended by management. Challenging, rewarding work but some policies are archaic. Completing assignments is often more difficult than necessary. Management has undergone some changes so there are bugs in the system but expect they will get worked out. Most of the projects are long term and require long term coordination. Overall, an enjoyable work environment and good people to work with.
Pros
Social events, challenging work, long term projects
Cons
Periodic lapses in focus and sporadic misdirection
Terrible and careless management. Do not work here!
DC1 (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 20, 2017
Nothing but empty corporate suites that care little for their employees or their families and abuse them at will. Not a place for creative free spirit types. Only the inept minions rise while many hard working others are forgotten. The Miami office is a sinking ship and that will not support its own weight of deception.
Pros
pleasant office space and free coffee
Cons
heartless attitude from so-called leadership, excessive work hours with no gratitude
Lots of fancy imagery and hype but filled with false promises to both clients and employees.
Senior Architect (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 20, 2017
This is not a place for truly creative, independent minds. Many talented architects have been drawn into the illusion of a quality design firm only to be sorely disappointed and later discarded as a consequence of poor firm management decisions. As part of the Stantec mantra, the Miami office claims to "put people first" but only a select few is more first while everyone else is last. Very questionable practices go on at this place.

Clients should look beyond the flashy office, renderings, magazine articles (probably paid for of course) and consider if it is worth handing over their projects to this group. Those interested in working there should consider the high amounts of layoffs in the past few months and number of employees leaving this firm. Younger personnel are not shown much if any credit or appreciation upon achieving their licensure. The company actually gave 3 separate seminars on how to appreciate others!
Pros
Many other Stantec offices outside Miami are reputable and provide respectable outcomes, once had a happy vibe when it was ADD Inc.
Cons
Cliqueish, If you are a free thinker and challenge the status flow, you will not get very far at this office, If you "brown-nose" your chances are better, The cool vibe is gone, now just a bunch of empty suits wound up like robots of the corporate monster, huge disconnet between the Canadian mothership and the outlying offices.
Great place to work.
Designer 1 (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 4, 2017
Stantec offers competitive wages and benefits for the market. They give you every chance to succeed. Would recommend to fellow designer/drafters for employment.
Pros
Wages, healthcare, retirement
Cons
education reimbursement
Employer does not follow thru with promises made to employees
Designer I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2017
This corporation is an acquisition company that purchases small companies. Employer does not follow thru with promises made to employees. Hours are cut with no notice to employees. Profit margin is focus of leadership.
Good working environment with updated office equipment.
Office Clerk in Benefits Department (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 12, 2017
I was only a temp employee, but was treated with respect and given the opportunity to succeed. The workers took the time to help me whenever they could and make me feel part of the team.
Pros
Nice working environment, free coffee provided
Cons
Hard to get on full time with the company.
Great company to work for.
Engineering Consultant III - Chevron (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 4, 2017
Great place to work with wonderful and helpful people. I learned a great deal about engineering and equipment. The company supported its employees by providing a very nice and collaborative work environment.
Great place to learn and grow
Staff Scientist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Stantec afforded me the opportunity to gain a skill set after college. I learned so many environmental and safety skills that afforded me later jobs. Great company to build your resume.
Pros
Opportunity to learn and grow
Cons
Always being billable to clients when you are just starting out is stressful
Great enviroment
Survey Party Chief (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2017
They have some of the turning edge equipment. There is a reason they are one of the largest surveying firms In the world. Stantec is a great place to work and grow.
Good Company
Field Survey Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 25, 2017
Great place to work at a time when work was strong in northern California and a solid company. I was also given the opportunity to manage up to 7 crews and replace point driven staking with road alignments and temples which greatly reduced office and field errors which I have continued ever since.
Cons
Very friendly and collaborative work atmosphere
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIJanuary 20, 2017
The nature of work required a lot of traveling and work out doors in the field. The was also a large deal of office work dealing with report writing and fluent use of Microsoft Office applications.
Productive, engaging work environment supports personal growth and advancement
Surveying Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2017
I would highly recommend this company for any individual who is motivated and interested in personal and career growth and advancement.
Pros
Competitive salary, excellent benefits
Cons
N/a
Really great company.
Survey Party Chief (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJanuary 12, 2017
Stantec was a really great company. Very modernized, every thing was up to date and computerized. Took very good care of employees. Their field supervisors could have been better choices. This was the breakdown. They just needed a body to fill the position and take responsibility. So they pretty much filled it with what ever they could scrounge.
overall experience
Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2016
management-oriented approach.does not have supervisors in place to catapult into future. engineering staff lacks maturity
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Clay City, KYNovember 5, 2016
It was a good Joe we had fun and work heard.. Nice pay .good hours to work.benefit s to.the people where friendly. Nice. Just a good feeling work place..
Pros
Holladay pay
Cons
Short bracks
This place sucks
CAD Technician-Intern (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PANovember 5, 2016
They toy with you if they will hire you or not, the management is unclear and rude. The language barrier is ridiculous and you get blamed for everything. There is no set training they just throw people in blind and expect them to know everything. DO NOT WORK IN THE WYOMISSING BRANCH!!!! THE MANAGEMENT THERE IS THE WORST!!!!
Cons
Language Barrier, Management is a Joke, Not enough Equipment
A typical environmental consulting firm
Geologic Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CANovember 1, 2016
I great place to stay busy but not much room for advancement. Good people to work with, good opportunities for some very fun projects. Stay on upper managements good side.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
no room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stantec Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval