Sales Operation Analyst
Overview of Company:
At Stanton Carpet, we are a well known marketer and wholesaler of proprietary self branded wall to wall carpet products for the decorative market. Stanton is a trendsetter, boasting award-winning designs and unparalleled quality and service which are a result of its talented team of inspiring staff. The company has grown dramatically over the past fifteen years and is looking for an additional team member who will take charge and be a part of the company’s long term growth.
Reporting directly to our President, the Sales Operation Analyst will work from our Syosset, NY (Long Island) based headquarters and will take responsibility for providing analytical support for our sales & operations functions. This individual will provide analysis on existing as well as find new information and insights and help identify areas of opportunity throughout sales and operations. The individual will also evolve our metrics and reporting to drive business analysis.
- Develop and execute comprehensive monthly sales reporting and analysis for the Sales and Operations functions.
- Analyze & interpret month end reporting and benchmark against goals
- Collaborate with various members of our Sales and Operations teams in order to design and track key metrics and report on them monthly.
- Regularly prepare analyses for special projects to senior team.
- Track & measure pricing opportunities
- Analyze product pricing changes to quantify projected impact on volume and margins.
- Track regional demographics and opportunities for market share expansion. Draw conclusions and offer recommendations.
- Analyze existing business trends (sales and operationally) and new business opportunities (new channels, licensing, etc.).
- Initiate new insight from existing sales data.
- Aid in the development of selling stories for customer presentations.
- Develop and enhance meaningful operational performance reports, scorecards and metrics to manage daily activity and identify areas for cost and productivity improvements.
- Identify annual cost savings goals and track monthly progress against the goals.
- Work with operations in providing monthly analysis in material, labor, and overhead along with other cost variances attributed to differences between projected and actual costs.
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Provide planning & analysis support for marketing, sales, operations and product development functions including customer, product, channel analysis and profitability.
- Conduct ROI analysis of ad spend, email campaigns as well as social media and other marketing initiatives.
- Maintains integrity of customer, item, and other sales data in systems/database.
Experience & Education:
- Minimum 5+ years of sales analyst experience preferably in the flooring or related environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related field preferred.
- Proven experience using and analyzing financial data to make decisions and recommendations that will maximize profitability. Strong numerical and analytical skills – in-depth knowledge of analytical tools, models and methodologies.
- Strong proficiency in use of spreadsheet and reporting tools
- Advanced PC skills with an emphasis on data extract and import, manipulation, reporting and interpretations using Microsoft Excel, AS400 or other similar applications.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and sound decision making.
- Understanding of customers, accounts, competitors and flooring trends preferred
- Knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with clear, concise verbal communication internally or externally or through writing in memos, emails, presentations and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong project management skills Project management skills – the ability to apply project management skills to manage multiple projects & timelines. High degree of organization and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent administrative skills…good attention to detail and follow-up, etc.
- Self-starter – high energy, results oriented, sense of urgency / work pace
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills- ability to build and maintain strong relations with the sales and operations teams, other departments and customers.
- Must have strong system skills, both as a user of existing systems, and proficient at developing recommendations for further improvement in systems & processes that will unlock future improvements in business processes.
We offer a very competitive compensation package.
Founded in 1980, the Company’s brands now comprise its flagship brand Stanton Carpet as well as Royal Dutch, Antrim & Rosecore Carpet. We utilize combinations of wool, wool blend and synthetic fibers across a multitude of machine and hand made constructions. Our products are available through better end flooring showrooms in the US and Canada. You may be familiar with the Stanton brand through its national and regional shelter publication advertising from Architectural Digest to House Beautiful. Stanton is headquartered on Long Island, NY and maintains its own customer service and distribution center in Calhoun, GA. We have an outstanding organization and look forward to finding the right person to match our culture, energy and expectations. www.stantoncarpet.com
Indeed - 4 months ago
Founded in 1980, the Company’s brands now comprise its flagship brand Stanton Carpet as well as Royal Dutch, Antrim & Rosecore...