Stanton Optical

Stanton Optical Employer Reviews

Friendly workplace with great collegues
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Lake Worth, FLDecember 17, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime, free lunches, fun work environment
Cons: short breaks, poor salaries, awful management
it is a busy work environment. I love working there. The training is a little poor. The management spend very little to teach new employees which results in more problems for them in the future such as breakages, confusion. The co-workers treat you mostly like family and help each other. The hardest part of the job is the training because the supervisors don't spend time teaching the new employees. So new employees learn 90% of what they know from other co-workers. If you survive the first two weeks, then everything become easier for you
Daily Grind
General Manger (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: good people, scenery changed
Cons: work/life balance / no room for growth
Everyday was different because we were rarely and the same location twice .the job was good because of the changing scenery . The hardest part was we left when the sun came up and did leave the job to the sun went down long days and sometimes on a time crunch .
Poor Customer Service and Terrible Management
Optical Lab Technician (Former Employee), Evansville, INDecember 2, 2014
This place is one of the worst places to work. I cannot believe how bad they treat their customers and this is a shady place. I would not go here if it was the last place on earth and I was going blind.
Great staff and work environment
Head Technician (Current Employee), Palm Springs, FLNovember 18, 2014
The people that work there are great... helpful and friendly.
great place to build teamworking skills as well as learn a know trade of work
All in a Days work
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Mishawaka, INNovember 11, 2014
Pros: paid for whole 8 hrs
Cons: breaks too short
Gather all the jobs and put into time sensitive order, get information from other co-workers for update, assure jobs are put into computer and printed, dot, tape, block lenses and put them in generator. Refine, polish, check prescription, block, and edge the lens to its particular shape. Clean the glasses and package. Multitasking to ensure that all Anti-reflectant orders are written up and sent out, along with putting together the ones that came in.
Great Job for what it is
Sales Associate (Current Employee), texasOctober 13, 2014
Pros: easy, good pay, fun meeting new people everyday
This is a great job to have while going to school or just to get your feet wet in high pressure sales. This is a very high pressure job in a very competitive market, but honestly the job is not hard. Pay is decent if you are good, and much better than what most other people get while going to school. The environment is pace paced and can be fun competing with your colleagues. The hardest part of the job is dealing with impatient customers or rude (dumb) people, so not so bad.
yelp it
Frame Specialist/OD Tech (Former Employee), Roseville, CASeptember 19, 2014
not very customer service oriented. money driven and greedy company that does not adhere to labor board rules and regulations.
Potential to make good money
OD Technician/Sales (Current Employee), Beavercreek, OHSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good hours, good money potential with commission
Cons: terrible management
Working at Stanton Optical seemed to be a great opportunity at the beginning. Having been there for a few months, I am starting to see that all the management cares about it money, not so much the employees or the customers. I feel dishonest working there and I dont support the way the company works. The manager is rude and a liar, and does nothing but sit in his office all day.
the job sucked
Lab technician (Former Employee), Evansville, INAugust 1, 2014
go in look around then wait for the lab manager to show up to let you know what you was going todo for the day . how to read prescriptions. managment late a lot. co-workers knew more than management did. not knowing what i was doing. the hour lunch break away from the mess.
Just alot of dfferent machine to get the job done, nothing fun for the staff.
mounting technician (Current Employee), 3801 south congress avenue,palm spring fl 33461July 31, 2014
Pros: work long hours and stand all day.
Cons: short lunch breaks
The co-workers are kind and friendly people with a positive energy. As a mounting technician I learn how to check the correct prescription in the lens, how to put the lens and frames together and to place the information in the system. The hardest part of the job is to get the customer glasses out on time. and ensure its the correct information.
Productive, busy, very flexible, like a family
Optician Specialist (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJuly 25, 2014
Pros: discount on glasses works well with school
Cons: if you are busy there breaks will be short.
Typical day is making sure you sell as much as possible while making sure customers have what they need. I learned how to make small repairs on glasses, read prescriptions and understand different lenses. My coworkers were very helpful. Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers when they felt the product was made incorrectly and all of our records show it is correct. Most enjoyable part is getting to know the people and providing them with exactly what they needed.
Great Place to work
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Palm Springs, FLJuly 9, 2014
great mgmt team, benefits, work life balance. Startup atmosphere, rapid growth and great compensation.
A stressful source of income
Frame Specialist (Former Employee), Evansville, INJuly 2, 2014
A typical day at work is stressful and chaotic, glasses were often not ready by promise date, lab was short handed causing them to be behind.
I learned a lot about lenses and frames.
The manager handled stressful situations well with customers but did not stay professional with employees.
The co-workers were friendly and eager to learn.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having a happy customer.
rapidly becoming the place no one wants to go for eyecare
Lab rat (Former Employee), Noneya, CaJune 1, 2014
Pros: barely pays the bills
Cons: violates labir board policies
They hire young, good looking kids who can barely wipe their own rear ends let alone fit glasses for patients. All they hire are "SALES" people instead of experienced ones. The turnover rate for employees is disgusting-some of the ones who didn't cut it on the floor could have permanent mental issues from dealing with corporate's blatent disregard for their employees. If you have optical experience stay away...you are too good to work there and if you're looking to advance in the company, don't hold your breath because it won't happen unless you are a young, inexperienced, and friends with higher ups, and its those higher ups who's absence of values and customer service will destroy the company. Its a road to failure.
A learning experience
Licensed Optician and Manager in Training (Current Employee), 29665 Sheridan Dr. Tonawanda NYMay 13, 2014
The bittersweet experience of working at Stanton Optical for the past two and a half years has taught me so much about all aspects of work, and life that has helped me to develop and grow. The hours are long and hard, you are literally at work for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Eventually, working these hours and spending so much time at the work place, makes your job seem like a second home. However like with any job, there are negative experiences, that you can only learn from. The hardest part of my job is the lack of support and recognition from upper management. We all have been through it, but in my case, performing the duties of a salaried sales manager and not getting compensated for it has went on for quite sometime now, and I am now ready to research other job opportunities. I have handled countless customer complains, within my abilities, fixed problems, and turned a patients negative experience to a positive one. I have learned the importance of being organization and following up. I have also learned how important it is to be a team player, and how much more enjoyable work can be when everyone pulls their own weight. I wouldn't trade my experience at Stanton, because I have learned so much, that will help me to be an asset to other companies in the future.
The pay was decent, sometimes, but management was terrible.
Optometric Technician (Former Employee), Modesto, CAMay 9, 2014
Their advertisements throw people off and you get a lot of irate customers.
Stepping Stone Job
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: not much
Cons: lack of a set or flexible schedule
run jobs through surface and finish departments as efficiently as possible. maintain machines, clean machines, troubleshoot problems.
i learned how to work on a production line to get a product out in a timely fashion
the management at my establishment is very lack luster, I've had three managers in less than two years and we've gone through about as many General Managers and Sales Managers as well.
The hardest part of the job is trying to meet the sales departments expectations when they don't know anything about what your job entitles
The most enjoyable part of the job is that i get to work with machines and produce a product i have personally had a hand in and that i can provide a service to the public
Horrible guidance, mislead, very deceptive
Frame Specialist (Former Employee), Mobile, AlFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: i made it through the horrble experience to be elevated to a great work place!
Cons: i made it through the horrble experience to be elevated to a great work place!
I began in a store that had not yet opened. The trainer was horrible, the district manager wanted you to memorize a script verbatim as if we were actors in Hollywood. This job was very misleading. I also felt that they wanted you to be deceptive to the patients/customers. I was cursed and talked to very rudely by one of the district managers. I am so thankful that God blessed me with better employment opportunites which offered me great benefits, hours, and there is awesome work ethic. I am SUPER happy where I am. I would not even shop at this place given I know the way they do business!!! The reviews from customers about the turn around time for their glassess as well as the quality and look of their glasses and lenses are even aweful. Though the company was no where near what I thought it would be my co-workers and manager were great people to work with. And the doctor is fantastic. "Stanton Optical" itself, different story.
typical job
Lab Technician/Sales Consultant- 4802 SPI Dr (Former Employee), corpus christi, txJanuary 28, 2014
typical part time job work at a min. wage
management and co workers were very friendly and helpful
train wreck of a company
Optical Lab Manager (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJanuary 11, 2014
no training
no support
work all week
ethics are horrible
not much pay for hours put in and whats expected