Stanton Optical Employee Reviews

Very driven to succeed.
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CAJanuary 17, 2017
When I came to work for Stanton, I had some idea of what I would be required to do. Did not expect to work 60 to 72 hours per week and only be paid for 45. The company was called on this practice and is now in litigation.
Pros
The concept of resonable priced glasses is great.
Cons
The upper management was not so great.
poor work enviornment
Optometric Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 9, 2017
Poor training
Poor Communication between management
Unorganized Grand opening
lack of empathy for employees with disabilities
Harassment from the doctor
Great Team
Administrative Coordinator Materials Department (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLJanuary 2, 2017
typical day; emailing, finishing projects, taking inventory of the frames
I like how communicated it is between departments
Stressful enviornment
Optometrist (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INDecember 19, 2016
The GM is very arrogant and rude, they do not take good care of their employees and show a lot of favoritism to certain employees. I would never recommend anyone to work here
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port St. Lucie, FLDecember 19, 2016
I have learned a lot from working at this great company. I gained a great deal of experience and the environment was great. I loved working with a great team who motivated me to do even greater.
This is a horrible work environment with constant backstabbing
OD Technician (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHDecember 15, 2016
This job was horrible, at first it seemed fun and laid back but then my manager left and the others workers refused to train me. I had only been there a week and was left to sink or swim with no knowledge of the insurance or company policies, the Doctor ended up training me. The regional manager is a horrible person constantly screaming and saying she will fire all of us, she is only pleasant to your face and if she doesn't like you look out. Their is no advancement unless she likes you, I have never gotten even my review for my raise which was supposed to happen after six months. We have asked her about it and nothing not even my yearly review. I am not even on the schedule anymore, with no contact for two weeks. A dead end job in a dead end company. HIPAA violations everywhere and they rip off patients all the time with false advertising and if a Patient threatens you you can't do anything or you will get written up
Pros
Glasses vouchers
Cons
No raises, company will never take your side, inner circle
Enjoyed my time here
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 12, 2016
Stanton Optical was a young company when I worked for them so unfortunately my store was one that was closed. This was probably my most enjoyable job to date however. I genuinely enjoyed my co-workers and the company as a whole. Plenty of opportunity for advancement if that's what you want and generous compensation at every level.
Area Optometric Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 16, 2016
It was a fun position going around FL training optical technicians. The compensation was good but the position itself was new so there were alot of learning curves. Once it's polished I think it will help tremendously.
Stay away
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 20, 2016
Im suprised I have had the patience to deal with this company for over two years. I have seen more than 15 different managers come and go throughout my time here in the 7 different south florida locations. Cheap products and money hungey supervisors disregard their employees. Horrible company to work for and I wish I could go back in time to stop myself from taking this position.
Pros
Decent pay.
Cons
Everything else
Fun place to come to work every day!
Optician/Frame Specialist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 15, 2016
I love coming to work everyday. My coworkers and patients are very enjoyable. One of the first jobs I've had where I wake up and look forward to getting to work.
Pros
Bonus commission/ amazing coworkers and patients
Cons
Threats of losing my job if someone new is hired.
Prime example of how not to run a buisness
Optician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2016
Everything is done wrong at Stanton and I mean everything. All the glasses and lenses are cheap junk and you have uneducated employees selling medical devices . sounds legit right? There is too much stuff to list wrong w this place. I wouldn't send my worse enemy here for a job or for glasses.
Pros
Music
Cons
Everything else, The worst display of a company i have ever worked for, It was embarrassing to work there bc of how poor everything was done
They will run you till your dead, but you will be paid
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 24, 2016
If you give them everything you got they will take it. And it will never be enough. The sales culture is by far the best i have ever seen.
Pros
Great discounts on glasses
Cons
Non existent breaks, Super long hours, corporate level doesn't care about employees
forced review
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Shoreline, WAAugust 2, 2016
forced reviews are in appropriate and you will not get information your looking for that way, I have better things to do with my time. Obviously If it was a great company Id still be there
small
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 12, 2016
Small and old equipment management system is less than desirable at the Knoxville location for that customers service can be much better.
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive, Active, and Competitive
Frame Specialist, April (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 2, 2016
The environment is very professional.Its a job where it gave me a lot of growing opportunities and a lot of opportunities to grow commission money. The hardest part is the balance between work and home-life. Over-all it was a very enjoyable job.
Pros
Commission Money through Sales
Cons
Short Breaks, In-balanced work to home life
Fast paced
Doctors Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 3, 2016
Absolutely loved this job! From the people I worked with to the customers and patients. Even though it was more of a home then the place I paid my bills at times, it was a very happy time for me. I learned from some very smart managers how to sell without appearing to sell. I became more comfortable in my own skin with patients checking vision and ocular pressures. I checked insurance and even was able to get a few direct lines with some companies so the wait would be lessened for the me. The hardest part of this job was the pay wasn't so great.
Not what I was promised
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 12, 2016
I chose to go with Stanton Optical because I was told by the Field Executive that I would make the same if not more than my previous employer of $80k. After being employed for a few months the company changed the pay structure and after calculating the salary after bonus I would be making only $55k. I have a wife and 3 kids and am the sole supporter of the household and simply cannot provide on that salary. I am looking for new employment
Pros
Good work/life balance and not too much micro-managing
Cons
Not enough pay. Changed pay structure and now you make less money and have to focus on more metrics
Stanton Optical
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 29, 2016
It's not so much the people at Stanton Optical as it is the lack of advancement and pay. The sales side is drowned with incentives while the lab (who does all the work) is left with minimum wages.
Pros
Good work force
Cons
poor management
Good Work Enviroment
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 23, 2016
I would come into work set up the lab. I would get the jobs into the computer. Then I would get the jobs ready to run through the machines. I would finish the jobs. Scan them out of the computer and take them to the customer.
Pros
A very good learning experience
Cons
When the glasses break
Hostile Work Environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 22, 2016
This is a fast growing company and there are perks for your family and friends, but the environment is too negative for any healthy minded human being to tolerate. They need to provide counselors for the aftermath of the way that they treat the employees. You are nothing but a number to this company. They literally don't care about how they make the employees feel. You never know if you are doing a good job, and morale is very low because of the pressure to produce. Field Executives and Store managers think it's fun to bully associates. They never have your back, at this job the customer is always right. There is an overwhelming number of customer complaints. There is never time for family and they get upset if you have to take some time off to deal with your life at home. The environment in multiple locations is very hostile. There is not much good to say about it.
Pros
free eye exams for family and friends
Cons
commission structure changes frequently, no work life balance at all, you cannot get sick they hate giving time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanton Optical. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9