Stanton Optical Employee Reviews

Cut throat and unorganized micro managed at its best
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSOctober 12, 2017
Company is a fairly new and fast growing company. Makes lots of promises that they can not stand behind at least in Mississippi . They have several questionable work practices that is a very fine line between legal and insurance fraud. This also keeps associates sales at a lower scale since they can't properly file insurance for patients and the store does not receive the sales reimbursement .
Pros
Closed on Sunday
Cons
Short to no breaks . Unrealistic goals . No 401k match . Very high insurance premiums .
Great place to grow and make a great paycheck
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYSeptember 14, 2017
-Great place to work
-Competitive
-Great compensation
-Very friendly environment
-Fast paced
-Tons of room for advancement
-Above average support system
Dont ever work here
Optician (Former Employee) –  FresnoSeptember 9, 2017
If you were without a job and starving in the streets I would stay in the street and NEVER work for this company. Ripping off customers,unethical ownership and a work ethic revolving around making the most and you getting less. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything from ownership on down!!
Run
General Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 25, 2017
They will dry you up and throw you away. Don't do anything ilegal no matter how much pressure they put on you, not with it. Good pay, not worth it, get another job.
Pros
Great pay and bennefits.
Cons
Aweful management, insane goals and horrible unreal ecpectations, lack of loyalty and a total disregard for employee.
Ok workplace
OD Technician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 24, 2017
I like the job they just don't treat me fairly sometimes n they don't have a grace period on tardiness even if it's 5 minutes. This business is shady and all about a dollar.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No grace period on tardiness and they underpay.
stanton optical
Sales Associate and Frame Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 23, 2017
fun place to work because coworkers were awesome but the commission bonuses were always very misleading and they would constantly change what the commission pay out agreement was.
Get your experience and leave!
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 23, 2017
Place is toxic, and rife for lawsuits. Keep your head down,earn your experience, and report them to your local State agency for all the violations on the way out.
Pros
Cons
Dysfunctional, Corporate lies to your face, Workplace violations a plenty, Obvious Favoritism, Don't Forget That Door Counter!
Great start
OPTICIAN (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 21, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed the first few months at stanton. I learned quickly and enjoyed what I was doing. However management was lacking and there were definitely some inner issues that needed to be resolved.
just another sales company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 15, 2017
pay is great but support is non existent. Unrealistic goals. GM is in charge of everything even though the company has departments to handle challenges like Dr scheduling. Employees on the field are in the same boat so its fun to work in the stores but working after hours and from home makes it tiring.
Pleasant place to work
Optometric Technician (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 14, 2017
Good place to work. Management and coworkers are professional and nice. Typical day is checking insurance, pretesting patients, checking them out and handing them off to the optical sales staff to assist with frame styling and lens selection.
Pros
great coworkers and managers
Cons
working saturdays, hours being cut
not very friendly or truthful place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLAugust 1, 2017
They out sourced their work to a foreign country, so we were all laid off on a Friday. There was no warning. They just told us it was our last day and to pack up our stuff.
Pros
discount on glasses
Cons
Upper management tried to micro manage
Not the best company to work for
MIT (Manager in Training) (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 20, 2017
MY managers at MY location are pretty good. But honestly most of the higher ups are extremely arrogant and rude. Have to do anything to make the sale no matter what. Commission sucks.
Optometric Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 18, 2017
Poor management. In the work place there were lots of drama and even management talked badly about their staff to the other coworkers. It was unprofessional and hard to stay out of the drama.
Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CAJune 29, 2017
The overall enviroment of the place was alot of fun. The patients were always alot of fun as were the co- workers it made work almost seem like it wasnt work.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Low pay
Very depressing place to go everyday
OD Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 23, 2017
Management tells employees to lie to patients to get more money. Doctors and OD Techs are treated poorly daily by management. Corporate office lies to patients about non existing sales in the store just to get people to come in. Corporate also lies about insurance coverage basically saying that we accept all insurance when we don't. So when people come in they get angry with us and feel like their being deceived (which they are). The pay is not worth the stress. Also management contradicts themselves all the time and plays favorites. Stanton Optical is a complete joke and I would never advise anybody to work there. Nobody there has worked over a year because of the way the company runs. Within 5 years they have had 9 GMs. I was very depressed when I worked there.
Pros
Sorry to say but none
Cons
The company as a whole
Good Team player place to work
Assistant Sales Manager/ Licensed Optician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 17, 2017
Management is good at this place. There is not enough staff and all employees have been working almost 50 hour work weeks for 4 months now!! I love my job but I cant take the hours anymore. I need a work life balance. I feel like I live at work and have no good life balance. But as far as the company I cant talk bad they have done nothing unfair or wrong to me
Pros
free glasses 2 times a year
Cons
not enough staff
Best kept as a short term job
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 3, 2017
As one of the most experienced individuals on site, the company does not reward working hard. It rewards you if you're a friend of management and nepotism is rampant. Short cuts are taken for the sake of money and there is no real certification or licensing within the staff. Higher ups care only for money and have told everyone that they are replaceable. Terrible benefits and no raises. EVER.
Pros
Works around schedules
Cons
Terrible benefits, no job advancement, nepotism, illegal acts
Shameful
Optician (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 25, 2017
A terrible place to work. Management uses their power to make your life miserable. Often pushed into high pressure sales. Customers are often taken advantage of and there is very little concern for a customer after the sale is concluded. If you are thinking of applying...DONT.
Pros
Cheap glasses
Cons
Hostile work environment, low pay, lack of respect for employees
awful
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 28, 2017
there was so much drama between management and employees, hostile environment. the general manager was a picky and choosy woman, which once on her bad side, she will make your time there awful.
Good place to work, but....
OD Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 24, 2017
Good place to work but your schedule is too unpredictable. You cannot have a life outside this job. Job security is not guaranteed based on the policies they have in place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanton Optical. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7