Staples
2,969 reviews

Staples Employer Reviews

Comfortable and quiet environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 4, 2015
Job was very simple, only felt as if i couldn't excel or simply wasn't up to par with what I imagine myself doing. Although is was a overall nice environment to work in.
tough job, but good people
Business Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 4, 2015
overall I give it a C+. The people are great, managers are great, but if you do not like cold calling you will not succeed here.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: busy throughout the day
Excellent place to work , excellent benefits , management is amazing , hardest part of the job is a lot of typing and counting money.
Technological skills training and ease of use systems were top notch
Easy Tech Associate (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZMarch 4, 2015
Studied as an Easy Tech Associate, repaired computers, assisted customers with purchasing the right computer for them, and helped maintain stock in store.
Terrible workplace
Easy Resident Technician (Former Employee), Mansfield, CTMarch 4, 2015
Cons: bad management, low pay, low hours
If you are a computer technician looking for work then stay far away from this place. You will get hired for one thing then they put you somewhere else with no training then complain about your numbers.
great company
Sales and Service Manager (Assistant Manager) (Current Employee), Seaside, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
staples has been a great company in the 7years i been working here. have been promoted several times and transfered to several stores and have seen how different managers run their stores and have picked up great tips and advice along the way
Review
Sr. Product Content Specialist (Current Employee), Broomfield, COMarch 3, 2015
Staples is a good place to work with typical benefits. There are lots of opportunities within the company to grow and expand as an employee.
Great learning experience at Staples
Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Cordova, TNMarch 3, 2015
Staples was a great place to learn and progress my career. I developed successful sales techniques that will help my future as well as increased my knowledge as a computer technician.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 3, 2015
Typical delivery driving job. Learn how to deal (on a positive note) with customers. Manage your route within a way to use less fuel and mileage. Co-workers are always team players.
por's and con's
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: doesn't do staff appreication
I, enjoyed the management training course. Some of the staff was unprofessional and had attitudes toward crew but over all I have a lot of experience from working there.
Great place to work, unless you are an engineer
Sr. Web Developer/Architect (Current Employee), Framingham, MAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great people, good work/life balance
Cons: poor leadership, lots of politics
So Staples is a great place to work, the people are friendly and the work/life balance is very good, I have never had a problem flexing hours or working from home when their is a storm or my daughter had a doctors appointment. The people, for the most part, are happy to help out and are very friendly.

However, as an engineer - I have to say its a huge disappointment. No one knows the code or tools, there is very little documentation, and sense of quality such as code review, coding standards, etc don't exist. It is just a very chaotic environment and there is no reason it needs to be as bad as it is.

Management on the engineering side simply does not seem to have an idea of how to design and work on an enterprise level, corners are cut in a ton of places and code is routinely pushed (and then retracted) before its ready. Management has a history of pushing code to production against Quality Assurance standards to try to make themselves look good, however it often backfires when the bad code breaks the site and they need to pull it back. Projects are routinely over budget and schedule, and they rely far too much on outsourced vendors, which just adds to the chaos.

The business side DOES seem to have their acts together, but engineering is light years behind and I myself have lost faith that they are going to fix it. Its sad, because it IS a great company - and I had a lot of high hopes when I originally took my position, we just seem to be getting worse instead of better and politics is winning over common sense and quality. A lot of our best engineers have left the company due to these reasons, leaving a big hole in technical leadership.

You can move up the ranks quickly at Staples - that is one good thing I guess, but as a middle manager there is only so much you can do to help fix the more global problems in Engineering.
hated it there
Copy Center (Former Employee), South Burlington, VTFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: healthcare
Cons: stressfull very low pay
worked in the copy center a lot of stress for what you get paid and you get harassed a lot not worth the stress you have to clean take in orders they are always on you to upsell everything even if the customers flat out tells you no they still yell that you didn't do your best to upsell
Fun people to work with
Copy Center Associate (Current Employee), woodsideFebruary 27, 2015
Flexible hours, great place to acquire multitasking skills. It can get extremely hectic at times. Co-workers are great company. Love helping people.
Staples Office Center
Customer Service - Copy & Print Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: general manager had our teams best interest at heart
Cons: upper management was not supportive to the team
Everyday was focused on excellent customer services. Working at Staples taught me how important listening to the customers needs is the key to producing great customer service to the customers.
I worked with the best co workers and management team that any one could ask for.

The hardest part of my job was to except the verbal abuse from irate customers. And the most enjoyable part was being able to satisfy customers and for the customers to come back and build relationships with me and the team.
Overall good experience
PT Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 26, 2015
Overall a good experience. I was able to transfer to other locations easily, some for promotions and once when I moved. The pay could be better and management in the last few years hasn't been as good. The job itself isn't all that hard, so long as you can handle customers (even the rude ones).

If you are part time they are pretty flexible with scheduling so long as you give them advance notice. Co-workers for the most part were always great. Out of the 4 stores I worked at, I very rarely had any major issues.
Staples was okay to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: getting experience
Cons: not al ot of hours
Helping Customers
Stocking the Shelves
Cashier

I enjoyed helping and chatting with the customers

Management was okay

Co workers was okay
The retail side of the business is in decline, the delivery side of the business shows huge opportunity for the company.
General Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: work life balance is very good.
Cons: with the changes recently there is little room for advancement.
There are many Great people to work with, a lot of support from your peers. I have learned many things that will help me in my future endeavors.
Part time treated badly
Certified Technician (Current Employee), Telford PAFebruary 26, 2015
Cons: no healthcare, bad scheduling, unrealistic expectations.
Management expects full time availability for part time hours given.
Unrealistic expectations given.
Too much micro management.
Not enough employees to cover all areas of store.
Horrible scheduling.
Good part-time place to work. Good management
Porter (Current Employee), Watertown, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good management and fair wages.
Cons: physically challenging for me
Staples is a good place to work, generally centered around the younger employee. I enjoy working there, however the work I do is physically challenging.
A typical day includes sweeping and scrubbing the floors, vacuuming the carpeted areas, and dusting displays.
Strong company that is customer and employee focused
General Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati OhioFebruary 26, 2015
Staples offers a stable environment. Life balance for the employee is by far the best I have ever worked at. Compensation is fair for leadership but promotion opportunity currently is uncertain.

1 2 3 4 5

About Staples

There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer – Read more