Staples
2,359 reviews

Staples Employer Reviews

Good natured place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Provo, UTAugust 25, 2014
Pros: simple tasks
Cons: low wages, minimum hours
Staples started out good but then they cut hours and changed benefits.
good needs to revise some of its work plans and pay more.
Sales Associate, Cashier, and Freight handler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: whole foods was right next door.
Cons: did now give enough hours to support a bill based life.
good job for a teen wage wise.but great on teaching inventory counting ,freight unloading as well as sorting and restocking using item numbers to make for a well organized in store warehouse. the hardest part of the job was balancing the register with other peoples lunch breaks. My Co workers were awesome and ready to assist where it was needed an i – more... think they were a great part of the experince working there. – less
Typical Retail Environment
MANAGER (Current Employee), 06791August 24, 2014
Staples is showing its age, and growing pains of a company trying to catch up to the modern retail environment.
Slow paced
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2014
A very slow paced environment, this would be a great first job and would double as great customer service experience.
customer service
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: discounts
My duties consisted of uploading and unloading the truck then separate the merchandise by departments, inventory and returns, stock merchandise, worked the sales floor and customer service.
Very Productive
Fulfilment Center Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2014
It's very good warehouse environment, Productive and Cooperative.
fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Queens, NYAugust 22, 2014
a typical day at work is helping costumers to find there needs.
management they were nice and like to have fun in the workplace.
the co-workers are nice and you have fun with then and finish the task
Corporate and cold
COPY & PRINT CENTER EXPERT AND KEYHOLDER (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 22, 2014
Pros: college education reimbursement plan after 1 year
Cons: management
Management only cares about sales, not their associates. my experience was that if you don't hit your numbers, you are slowly driven out by having your schedule cut back so that you are forced to find something else to survive.

Was paid $4/hr less than the male supervisor that was in my position before me. They hired cashiers with no work experience – more... whatsoever at a higher rate than I was making as a department lead after 4 years with the company. – less
Corporate and cold
Cons: management
Management cares about sales numbers. My experience was that if you do not reach those numbers they aren't interested in you and will slowly drive you out by decreasing your hours.

Pay is inadequate at best and unfair at worst.
Great time working for retail powerhouse.
Various Positions (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 21, 2014
7 years of hardcore retail experience. From entry level merchandiser to Customer Service Lead/front end management, I performed it all and very well. Dealing with the customer face to face. So long as standards were followed, the business ran smoothly. Staples has done the research to keep the company on top.
Wonderful work environment
TEAM SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Webster, TXAugust 21, 2014
Pros: fun environment with happy coworkers
Cons: job instability
The job itself is one of the best I've had. It allowed me to work at a steady pace, while also providing different challenges on a daily basis. My management staff always supported me with solutions when I needed them. There's nothing I dislike about Staples. The only reason I've chosen to seek employment elsewhere is because the company itself is not – more... doing well. Store locations are shutting down and people are being laid off. – less
awsome
Furniture sales lead (Current Employee), Hempstead, NYAugust 20, 2014
Pros: college benfits
Cons: evil mangers
this company is fairly easy especily with advancement just show up do the work and go home
me personally im in all departments so im a bit valuable in my store i know it all copy center ,tech,esp
Not Worth the Pay
Easy Tech Expert/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stuart, FLAugust 20, 2014
Pros: 10% discount
Cons: inconsistent schedule, hostile work environment, not enough employees
Rarely got my breaks, the managers were never around to deal with customers issues, as the lack of organization at this store created friction between employees and managers. It was a hostile work environment filled with inappropriate banter and conversation from our managers, from sexist to racist remarks, calling out of work due to sickness was like – more... being asked to be berated relentlessly the next day at work.

I am a Veteran, and being treated the way I was treated working at that store while getting paid 8.50 an hour (while being promised an increase in pay for 6 months) until I turned in my 2 week notification then they increased my pay to 9.75. Still not worth it... – less
Fast Paced Environment with room to grow
Associate Category Manager (Current Employee), Framingham, MAAugust 20, 2014
Staples is great company to learn and grow with. You are challenged to run your own business and move quickly. Any decision that you make should always be backed up with your financial analysis. Management tends to be very hands off and slow in making decisions. Co-workers are great and Staples promotes a team environment.
Managers who know less about computers than the associates!
Resident Onsite Technician (Former Employee), Hilton Head Island, SCAugust 19, 2014
Pros: learn about new technology
Cons: management, quick turnaround, no room for advancement, not willing to work with college schedule
Glad I am gone! With a manager gnawing on tobacco all day and knowing WAY less than you about computers the fact that he gets paid double what you do makes you lose faith in a company that gave me a decent start.
Fun job, especially working with customers and co-workers.
Cashier Duties (Former Employee), Kent, WAAugust 19, 2014
• Cashier Duties.
• Ring up sales or returns.
• Assisting customers to merchandise.
• Help stock shelves from freight deliveries.
• Help face the store.
• Take out garbage and the recycled ink to back of the store.
• Clean bathrooms and break room.
• Trained new cashier employees
Great place to work until management collapsed.
Office Supply Associate (Former Employee), Saint Augustine, FLAugust 19, 2014
Pros: stable job, great customers, good employees
Cons: management, poor compensation
I love the store but management began to make poor decisions and seemed ungrateful for any extra effort done or anything.
Fun work place
associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 19, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: bad customers
Easy going and plenty of hands on customer service. Co workers are very nice and we all depend on each other to learn and help customers get what they lookin for.
Great people, still falls into the retail trappings.
Senior Computer Technician (Current Employee), Vestal, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great people and managers.
Cons: falls into retail trappings of hours and benefits.
The Staples store that I worked at has great people, everyone there is great to talk to, fun and easy to get along with, but very hard workers who get their job done.
People
Office Supplies Associate (Former Employee), Bloomfield, NJAugust 18, 2014
I enjoyed my time with the company because of the people i worked with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Staples

There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer – Read more