Staples

3.5K reviews

Staples Employee Reviews

bad routing
Route Driver (Current Employee), Oklahoma CityAugust 2, 2015
Pros: time off
Cons: to many stops not humanly possible to finish.
A good place to work management WAS good until they all started to leave. routing is really badly done in a different state.
If I learned anything at Staples it was patience. They tried to put so many stops on drivers that is was humanly impossibly to finish all of them.
Nice people
Price Auditor /Cashier (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Chance for advancement
Cons: Woring weekends
I am busy all day, which I like. I get to interact with fellow employees as well as customers. The hardest part is working every weekend.
staples
Sales Associate (Former Employee), valley stream new yotkAugust 2, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: poor hours and you can do more than what they pay you to, there is no way to move up within the company
it is great place to start as a beginner in the retail industry, it can be frustrating but it teaches you how to deal with customers and how to better assist them
Good Place to workl
Cashier/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Freeport, NYAugust 2, 2015
I enjoyed working here. from what i remember i had decent co workers as well as managment team here. I was new to the area when i started working here. I love this job and worked here until I relocated.
Laid back and easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCAugust 2, 2015
Staples was a very laid back job. Management was very lack and didn't give much direction. Though after about a week of being there I knew what was expected and didn't really have to interact unless something new was to be done. It was a lot of stocking and rearranging of product. Hardest part of the job was trying to stay busy. I enjoyed my co-workers.
Customer service manager / Easy tech representative
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Paid breaks and discounts
Cons: Unreliable management team, poor workplace standards, subpar training regimen
When I worked here, it was my job to sell tech products to customers, as well as ensuring they found everything they needed and had a good experience. This could range from technical products to anything else in the store from office supplies to furniture. There was a lot of bleed over from one department to the next.

Mostly, I learned how to sell while working here. I picked up various tips and techniques as to how to figure out exactly what a person is looking for when they might not initially know coming in.

The management at the store that I worked at was rather off. The store manager at the time would often hide in the office opposed to help customers or be asked questions by the employees and seemed very frustrated or put out when he was asked to.

My coworkers were good people, but a lot of them didn't take their job seriously and it showed, bringing the store down as a whole.

The hardest part of my job was the physical aspect of moving inventory from one place to another with equipment that didn't quite meet the bill. Ladders would be too short, lifts wouldn't work, etc.

The most enjoyable part of my job was figuring out what the customer was looking for and if that was actually what they needed. It was like trying to figure out a puzzle a lot of times. You get clues from the customer as to what they are looking for, and 9 out of 10 times they are looking for something different than what they came in there for.
Relaxed environment, friendly coworkers and overall a great placce to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Good management, great coworkers, friendly atmosphere, great hours
I was a cashier at Staples. I was responsible for all cashier duties as well as keeping the front end clean and either helping open or close the store. I learned a lot about office supplies and computers and printers. The managers were great and made sure we got our breaks. I enjoyed all of it and I do not have any complaints about working there.
Active workdays with learning opportunities
Tech Sales Associate (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Helpful mentors who like to teach.
Cons: Sometimes the customers aren't all that bright.
Relatively paced environment with constant engagements with customers. Helpful team of co-workers that leaves no one behind. Driven by sales and places huge importance on technical knowledge. Thoroughly enjoy the amount I have and can learn from senior technicians.
great place to be at.
Putaway driver (Former Employee), lithia springs, gaJuly 31, 2015
Great enviroment, productive and fun workplace. There was forced work everybody was able to do their job and great hours.
Great People to workwith
Onsite Lead (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJuly 30, 2015
There are excellent bunch of people, would have been better if they compensate a bit higher.
Work life balance is good.
Management is OK.
Was a good company until all the drivers is going to get laid off.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Arden Hills, MNJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Time fly by quickly
Cons: Can't really have a nice vacation due to seniority.
I do enjoy the work I do at staples especially all my customers, super friendly. The only sad part is that staples is laying all their drivers off this fall 2015. I just hope they know what their doing.
Easy work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 29, 2015
Office supply knowledge is a need when working at staples. flexable hours, easy going management. not so great benefits but other than that its a pretty good place to work at... if you're looking for a part time job.
Great job
Copy & Print Project Manager (Current Employee), Marlboro, NJJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Great team, creativity, environment
Cons: benefits, raises, nasty customers
I began working at Staples when I was in high school and continued to work there throughout my college career. They are flexible and help you with paying for college by offering scholarships for employees that maintain 20 hrs/week.
Laid Back Enviornment
Copy Center Associate (Current Employee), Mooresville, NCJuly 29, 2015
Everybody works hard on making sure that the customers leaves satisfied. Management is very open and schedules are flexible hours could be better but its a great place to work if you need some extra cash in your pocket.
Long job security
Customer Service Lead, Copy Center Pro, Inventory (Former Employee), Davenport FlJuly 28, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: very very slow business, losing clientele it seems to be in decline
Wonderful way to get foot in door and experience under your belt if you've never had a job before. Very slow business now a days. It can be harsh not to have a single client for the long hours you work. No advancement opportunities. They will promise it for years on end. Prominent employee of 12 years got a -slight promotion shes been vying for upon 13th year of work.... Low pay otherwise, for hours worked
n/a
General Manager (Current Employee), Gaithersburg,MDJuly 28, 2015
Work is very busy everyday and I am an excellent multi-tasker and I can work in a fast paced environment. I do not have a hard part to my job but the most enjoyable part is working with different customers.
Great company to work fo r
Easy Tech Associate (Former Employee), Phillipsburg, NJJuly 28, 2015
Cons: short work hours, little breaks
As an easy tech I was able to expand my knowledge of how other big companies worked on computers and what they could and could not do. It is a great place to work if you have the time. Everyone was helpful and did not hesitate to give a helping hand.
Great Store
Copy Center Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), 104-02 Atlantic Avenue, Ozone Park NY 11416July 28, 2015
Staples was a really good store, Clean, friendly and well motivated by the management. The management did an excellent job on the day to day operations and the well being of the employees. They were flexible and willing to work around my schedule at all times. The hardest part of working at Staples was the back to school season but sometimes a challenge gives you that extra push to show you what you'er capable of..
very great and fun enviorment to work in
Customer Service (Former Employee), AllentownJuly 28, 2015
very fun and a great place to first start working and learn what it is like to work. they are always updating and working with there employees and training them to do the very best that they can.
Enoyable work environment with room to learn
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Yuba City, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Vacation time, great benefits and work BBQ's
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work consisted of greeting customers and making sure their needs come first. Next I would begin daily routine projects such as inventory, stalking shelves, adjusting price changes through out the store. I would provide back up coverage for all departments such as copy center, cashiers and technology, I enjoyed this the most. It gave me a chance to learn something new and meet new people in every department which made me much more flexible and more knowledgeable of the store itself. Management was always there when needed and trusted in the employees.
Employees