Staples
3,059 reviews

Staples Employer Reviews

OK PLACE TO WORK, NOT MUCH ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT.
Route Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 30, 2015
Each day starts with a driver meeting, then we inspect our trucks and then we go out and make our deliveries. I learned how to use product scanners along with many safety procedures. Management was fair, co-workers were nice
Standard Retail Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Leominster, MAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Short hours, poor pay
Like any other store, a typical day includes helping customers on the sales floor and stocking shelves. However, there has always been a consistent lack of communication between managers, and more importantly, Corporate. Each manager would assign completely different tasks to a single associate, and then wonder why all of it wasn't completed. They also understaffed the store at the most important times, and it would often lead to all associates staying well over an hour past closing time just to recover the store. As for Corporate, the numerous requests for new or additional equipment such as vacuums, flatbed carts, two-wheel dollies and ladders went completely ignored.
Sales oriented product driven environment. Very fun work place.
Easy Tech Associate (Former Employee), Riverside CaMarch 29, 2015
Great coworkers, customers, and management. Many opportunities for advancement. Great health benefits. Loved working for this company.
Average Job, lots of micro managing
Easy Tech Associate (Current Employee), Roseville, MNMarch 28, 2015
Title says it all, Avg PT pay, flexible hours, but micro management makes getting sales a chore instead of a fun challenge.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Loved engaging with the customers
Cons: The Store Manager
I quit my job, because of the lack of communication..I was new and required training, which the store manager was to provide. Everyday I came in she wouldn't speak to me When I tried to engage her she walked off I was really frustrated and extremely dissatisfied with that location that is under the current management My training Manager in Conifer, Colorado was absolutely amazing!
n/a
Strategic Account Leader (Current Employee), Livonia, MIMarch 28, 2015
Great company, lots of room for advancement, great leadership, highly recommend. Room for career growth in various areas.
Good Job for stating in the workforce
Office Supply Associate (Former Employee), cerritosMarch 26, 2015
okay job to start in the workforce. The site Manager I worked for was very unprofessional which made it hard to have a positive experience.
Not the best work place
Easy Tech Associate (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Good price tech, friendly environment, and great sales oriented team.
Cons: Management, Work environment, and communication
I thought this place would be fun for someone with IT background to work in, but it was the complete opposite. I was more focused on sales, then actually fixing the computers because I didn't have enough "background" or "work experience" at Staples to be working on things full time. In other words, I had to work there for so long to actually be doing the IT work that the others were doing.
It was fine
Cashier & Copy/print (Former Employee), Columbia, MOMarch 26, 2015
I did not work at Staples very long, so I dont have much to say about it. Worked a lot of weekends and nights which was unfortunate, and also the reason I left.
Struggling to define itself in the changing market.
Former Employee (Former Employee), Contract & CommercialMarch 26, 2015
With the decline in big box retail sales, Staples has long struggled to define itself in a changing market. While it has high hopes to compete with the likes of Amazon, it currently lacks the proper marketing strategy, leadership, and knowledge necessary to do so.
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 25, 2015
it wasnt great working there, the salary was very low.. required as to do alot of stuff and some of the managers werent even qualified to be one
CASHIER
Cashier (Former Employee), Bellefontaine, OHMarch 25, 2015
I worked here as a cashier and talked to the customers. I tried to always stay busy but the pay was not worth the headache of the job.
Great Place to Work with Great Management
Shipping Specialist (Former Employee), rochester, nyMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Management, benefits
Cons: Work
I worked in a fulfillment center location for about two years. It was my first real job out of high school so I didn't know exactly what to expect. Turns out that the people there were great. The management team especially is very understanding compared to what I have seen at other places. The work wasn't very difficult, we just dragged a big cart around a track and scanned items into boxes on it through a headset. Fairly physical but the compensation more than made up for that. Would recommend
N/A
Copy & Print Supervisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2015
Job responsibilities consist of running the copy and print department making sure production is a success. Other job duties were completing customer orders upon request via email, phone, and customer walk-in. Contacting customers who are contracted with Staples and making sure jobs are done and customers are satisfied. Keeping aware of revenue and ordering supplies for the department and staying within the store budget. Other responsibilities were to be knowledgeable of frequent changes within the company and making sure associates are informed and trained to be able to produce at any time when needed. Also handling accounts receivable, making sure clients and customers were caught up on balances due. Other job duties consisted of mail merging and data entry. Taking care of UPS shipments and making sure packages were packed and secured to ensure packages would reach destination without being damaged.
i am very happy to worke for this company
Delivery Driver/Order Specialist (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 25, 2015
from Monday to Friday I was making delivery to customer deliver office product I have very good customer skills my manager was very good to all of the employee we was like family
good place to work, very fast pace and a lot to always be busy
Team Supervisor (Current Employee), Walla Walla WaMarch 24, 2015
good place to work, friendly environment, need to be hard working and be able to juggle many things at once. You have to learn multiple different things and be able to work well with everyone else in the store.
Fast Paced, Awesome Staff, Multi Tasking
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Friendly People
Cons: Short Breaks
During a typical day at work I would go in, I would almost always be greeted by one of the many shoppers. After I clocked in I would get right to work. I loved being involved with the people. I loved being able to help each and every customer with every different need they had. The Co-Workers I had where all awesome, you could take to any of them and it made the day go by so quickly, Every one of them are super friendly! The hardest part of my job at staples was the closing time because I didn't know exactly where everything was located so when it came time to putting things back on the shelf it took awhile to figure everything out.
I never left on time but was happy with my work and customers were happy too.
Mobile Consultant/Copy and Print Expert (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 24, 2015
A typical day at work is multi- tasking. Answering phone, handling projects sent online and helping customers who come in the store. There were a minimum of 8 printing machines, using all machines and sometimes 5 at a time. Very fast paced but rewarding to be able to help others. Exceeding expectations everyday.
Physically demanding with long work hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and plenty of working hours.
Cons: Schedules constantly change, minimal advancement
A typical day at DHL Express included fast paced ramp operations to expedite the loading and unloading of freighter aircrafts. Ensuring proper completion of documents and loading shipments into appropriate locations. Employees are separated into several crews to work in specific areas of the operation. We learn how to work in a team environment and collaborate with other employees to get the assignments and tasks completed as a collective unit. The hardest part of the job is the physical labor especially during short staffing. High turnover rate because of the late night and graveyard work hours especially for new hires because they work the whole weekend.
Great coworkers and environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New Castle, DEMarch 24, 2015
The store I worked at was great! I loved my coworkers and management, work was manageable and easy to advance, but pay was not great and took a while to get a raise. If I was not already moving, I would have been promoted to management, but we had to relocate. If you like customer service and are good with people, this is a good place to work. The toughest part of the job was keeping up with sales quotas, warranties, etc.

1 2 3 4 5

About Staples

There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer – Read more

Staples Salaries