Staples
3,390 reviews

Staples Employee Reviews

Dont work at the staples!!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Riverhead, NYJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Fun coworkers
Cons: General manager, pay, and expected to do too much for little pay
Had nice fun co-workers. Learned how to deal with rude customers. Hardest part was being asked to do too much by the general manager when you're being paid so little. Met some nice people working here though.
challenging environment from day to day.
Price Auditor/Cashier (Current Employee), Fountain Valley, CAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: We are a family and work hard toward one goal. Customer service
Cons: Air Conditioner needs to be more POWERFUL in our store. Mostly during the SUMMER.
I enjoy work here, cause I get to meet people from all walks of life. I also gain knowledge of the retail industry and how the demands are meet in a high volume store. The employees there are wonderful to work with and be around. We believe we are a family oriented company that provide no.#1 customer service to our customers.
Great place to learn great customer service, as well team building skils
General Manager (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 2, 2015
Great Environment to learn great customer as well as team building. And having great opportunities in the management positions
Good company with quick advancement for those who are willing to work for it
Senior Certified Tech Supervisor/Onsite Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Weekly pay, benefits
Cons: While you can get advanced fairly fast there is a limit to what you can get from the company
Staples is a process driven company that recognizes talent and will advance you very quickly. They create a family environment that encourages its employees to have pride in what they do.
slow environment low pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Freeport, NYJuly 1, 2015
great job for high school student not good for long term experiences, no room for growth, hours are slim to none September is the busiest month after barely pull in any hours no full-time positions hardest part of the job is keeping up with selling protection plans
laid back and lower pace
PC tech (Former Employee), Vernon, CTJuly 1, 2015
Pros: enojoyable staff and great managment
Cons: low pay and hours were not as flexible as id liked for the time while i was in trade school
typical days started by reading a chart of goals for the day and starting or finishing previous projects, hardware side of work was very hands on and fun. software side was time consuming do to loading software the staff was well communicated and worked well as a unit, management was open to suggestions and helpful to employees
COULD BE A BETTER PLACE TO WORK
Cashier (Former Employee), Port Jefferson Station, NYJune 30, 2015
Pros: FULL TIME WORK
Cons: MANAGERS COULD BE LITTLE NICER
CUSTOMER SERVICE CASHIER MANAGEMENT OK COWORKERS OK ENJOYABLE PART OF JOB WORKING WITH CUSTOMERS HARDEST PART WORKING WITH THE MANAGERS
Its ok
Easy Tech Sales Assocoate (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 30, 2015
Pros: pay is ok
Cons: not a lot of hours.
A typical day was to come in, check in with what's going on concerning tech sales and plans. Then if we are doing well, continue and if we are doing bad then we have to step up and try our best to sell more.
Productive and worked with some great people.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Lebanon, PAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Cookouts and pizza party's
Cons: If you had questions it was hard to get a answer from management.
I really liked working there, it wasn't a hard job to do. I learned when you work with the right people your day would go really good and fast.
Starter Job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Apopka, FLJune 29, 2015
Pros: Part Time
Cons: No advancement
I was part time and young at the time of employment. There wasn't much room for advancement, but I enlisted into the military in the end. Much better.
Customers
CASHIER (Former Employee), los angelesJune 29, 2015
A typical day was communicating with customers. Returning items back to there correct place. Handling cash, credit cards and checks.
I had a horrible manager
EashyTech And Copy Center Associate (Former Employee), Avon, MAJune 29, 2015
Everything sucked the store the management and the people who worked there were only out for themselves worst experiance and group of people ive ever had the displeasure of working with.
Only wished they paid more
Inventory Management Associate (Former Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCJune 29, 2015
Overall it was a nice experience except whenever a CEO or another person in higher management arrived. They often nit pit and make small matters big and confusing.
Great work enviroment
Lawn Care Worker (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 27, 2015
Pros: paid on time in full
Cons: heat
It all depends on the day. We have a tough scheduled to keep track off. Co Workers are great people. always there when you need their help. Management is awesome the boss is easy/nice to work with.The hardest part of the job for me is the heat.
The hardest part of the job
Copy and Print Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 27, 2015
Pros: Its a great paying job and its a great way to show off your great customer service skills
Cons: The lunches are only 30 minutes and the team that you work attitudes are not as positive a yours
There were alot of confusions on the job and the team i worked with in the department are not the most positive people, they are always yelling and negative but will not make the sacrifices the make things right.
Fun and productive but troublesome place to work
Team Member (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 26, 2015
Pros: fun and dependable coworkers, good places to eat lunch nearby, generous managers, fun products to buy
Cons: short or no breaks, barely any benefits, lazy managers, sometimes trouble collecting paycheck, manager played favoritsm
Working at staples was a fun and productive place to work for several reasons. A typical day at work was just like any other workplace. I would get to work, clock in, put on my name tag, check with the managers with what was going on at work and if they needed my help with anything, then get to work. It was a small store so there weren't that many employees or managers there. However, the few that were there were very kind and helpful and made great team members, as well as the managers. It was troublesome because there were numerous occasions when I was missing hours on my paycheck, or wasn't able to receive my paycheck in a timely manner. However, to my understanding the managers were always busy.
Fun group atmosphere
Easy Tech sales and service (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 26, 2015
Fun place to work. Good incentives to increase sales. Customer satisfaction is a priority. Advancement is possible.Management was willing to work with tough schedules.
Cool and diverse environment
Easy Tech Associate (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAJune 25, 2015
Good place to work, Manager was super hardworking and pushed all of us to be better. Most times they worked around our schedule. I must say it was a very good place to work. But again pay was below expectations.
Very poor work place
Outside Sales and Operations Manager (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAJune 25, 2015
One of the worse places I've worked
very bad management
co workers work hard and don't get any recognition
very low pay
not a job I'd recommend unless you really need a job
Productive and challenging team oriented environment.
Copy & Print Associate (Current Employee), North Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2015
Pros: StarPoints; Teamwork
Cons: Only part-time available.
I love working for Staples. I look forward to going to work everyday, especially in the Copy & Print department.

My graphic design skills are challenged daily.

Management is supportive.

My co-workers make an awesome team. Everyone is upbeat and very customer service oriented.

I haven't worked retail that much, so this has been a new and exciting experience for me.

1 2 3 4 5

About Staples

There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer – Read more

Staples Salaries