Staples
2,000 reviews

Staples Employer Reviews

okay job
Returns Specialist (Current Employee), Beloit, WIApril 18, 2014
Cons: pay, vacations
Staples overall is a good company, they have okay benefits. The managers are okay, the pay rise is the problem.
Okay place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 18, 2014
Cons: management
Customer service is priority. It is an okay place to work but has a high turnover due to bad management.
It's a good place to work.
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 17, 2014
Pros: manager on duty at all time.
Cons: no health benefits
- A typical day at work would be restocking, doing cashier.
- I learned a lot of school items names.
- The management is really good. There are about three or four manager on duty per day so anything happens, there is a manager that you can ask for help.
-The hardest part of the job is restocking where you have to put back everything that the people – more... didn't want to get anymore by the time they check out and just leave it everywhere. You have to put them back to where they belong which is really hard when you don't memorize the items in each aisle.
- The most enjoyable part of this job would be getting to know people. – less
Copy Center Specialist (Former Employee), Hemet, CAApril 17, 2014
Always something to do at work, I loved the high energy and the on the go mentality I had to have. Made life long fries working here.
Produvtive and fun workplace
Copy Center Specialist (Former Employee), Lawrence, NYApril 17, 2014
Great place to learn and Work, with opportunity for advancement.
Fun, Community style environment
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Hauppauge, NYApril 16, 2014
Pros: incentives, recognition
Cons: few employees, occasional long shifts
Customers are friendly and the store is located in a friendly hamlet. There is never a boring day, from researching a product for customers, to filling isles and maintaining a clean storefront.
great place to work for i would work for them again
Sales Associate (Former Employee), DORCHESTER, MAApril 16, 2014
fun coworkers
awesome managers
great working enviornment
Retail
Tech Lead/Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Foxboro, Ma.April 16, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: pay
Great boss and friends.
Learned Inventory and operations
Demanding
Slow advancement
Low pay
Staples is willing to help.
Certified Print Pro (Current Employee), Madison, ALApril 16, 2014
Customers can want the impossible sometimes, but we do not say "No" to any customer. My Management staff is always ready to help me find a special solution for our customers.
WORK EXPERIENCE
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYApril 15, 2014
DELIVERED EASY SALES AND SERVICES, MAINTAINED STORE PRESENTAION FOLLOWING MERCHANDISE FLOW PRESENTATION STANDARDS PROCESSES. DETERMINED AND DEMONSTRATED UNDERSTANDING OF CUSTOMER'S BY MAINTAINING A NEAT AND CLEAN AREA. STAYED UP TO DATE ON PRODUCT INFORMATION BY COMPLETING TRAINING MODULES. PERFORMED OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS ASSIGNED. ADHERED TO ALL – more... COMPANY POLICIES PROCEDURES & SAFETY STANDARDS. – less
Stepping stone at best
EasyTech Technician (Former Employee), Bloomington, INApril 15, 2014
Pros: a+ certification, network+ certification
Cons: same as any min wage job except salary level work, multiple job requirements
Do everything but get paid like a minimum wage flunky, get certified but don't plan on moving up in the company, you get no credit for even the best idea, everything great you do is a team effort but everything they don't like is a merit on your permanent record.
Productive and satisfying work place with fun energy
Staples Employee (Former Employee), Nyack, NYApril 15, 2014
A typical day at work consist of stocking shelves, helping customers to make sure their shopping experience was a great one. From working here I have learned how to better find solutions to problems as I was always help customers fix their problems. My co-workers were very fun and enjoyable to be around as well as my managers. I would not say there – more... were more things that were harder to do than the other because having and maintaining a job is hard work all together. I love working, I love the feeling of being self sufficient and helping people throughout the day. – less
Fast paced enviorment
Order Selector/Stocker (Current Employee), Hagerstown MDApril 14, 2014
Pros: free luches we occasionaly get for a job well done.
Cons: having to work 12 hrs a day they are exhausting
Start at 7 p.m. and ends at 7A.M. I run a reach truck. The truck has a rf on it that directs me where to pick up a product and take it to a location to be stocked so the selector then ship it to the customer. The hardest part is you are on a number . You have to perform at 100%. I give 100% percent all the time even if the time keeper doesn't think – more... so. The most enjoyable part is the friendship that I made over the years there. – less
Comfortable place to work.
Assisting customers (Current Employee), Moses Lake, WAApril 14, 2014
Pros: very knowledgeable tech support.
Cons: layout can be very confusing for customers.
The company as a whole is good but lacks proper employee training.
Awesome Manager
Claims Administrator (Former Employee), Framingham,MAApril 14, 2014
I love working with a variety of different customers and even received a letter of recognition in resolving a claim to a customers needs.
Not the greatest place to work at.
Easy Tech Expert/ Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAApril 13, 2014
Pros: people are fun to work with
Cons: management
Too many people come and go. No opportunities for advancement.
Good place to work with good colleagues
Sku Sourcing Sales Representative (Current Employee), Framingham, MAApril 13, 2014
Staples is a good place to get your start in a corporate office setting. The jobs are challenging, but the people you work with are very good, and management is very helpful.
Happy place to work
Copy and Print Associate (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 12, 2014
The people were always kind , and considerate, and we always worked as a team!! Love u guys!!
Productive and family oriented work place
Certified Print Pro (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2014
This job was always fun. Management, co-workers, and customers was always enjoyable.
Staples as a company is not bad to work for. It's your direct management that is.
Copy and Print Center Supervisor (Current Employee), annonymousApril 10, 2014
The company puts certain things in place to keep their associates happy, such as paid time off (vacations, sick time, personal time) but getting your managers to actually give you what you deserve it a complete different thing. I worked in the printing dept and get constant calls from work day & night when I am not there. The pay is very poor, not enough – more... to support yourself. Although it is very hard to get fired from Staples, that also makes it difficult to work there, since many people who should not work there, still do. I've seen people do a no-call no-show 3 times in two weeks and still get promoted. The hardest part of my particular job is that there is not enough training time for associates, and management is clueless about my department. It's hard to get your breaks, lunches, or even get someone to just cover your department while you run to the restroom - this was especially aggravating when I was pregnant. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customer base that you have, and being able to meet deadlines and really come through for the customer. Since it is retail, your schedule is all over the place, you can work 8-4 one day, 2-10 the next, and 7-3 the day after that, which makes it hard to develop any type of schedule for yourself. Although it is a tough job, I have learned a lot from Staples. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Staples

As the world’s largest office products company and 2nd largest eCommerce site, we’re a recognized name across more – Read more