Staples Employee Reviews

Found 5,207 reviews matching the search
Not a terrible place to work
Print & Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMarch 29, 2017
Staples is a fun place to work but there was little room for advancement and learning opportunities are limited as we can only spend so long working with customers. We are also limited by our software and so are incapable of doing tasks that should be simple and not cost much.
Pros
Fun Atmosphere
Cons
Limited advancement
Fun work environment. But, too much work.
COPY AND PRINT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYMarch 29, 2017
It's a nice and easy environment to be in. However, there are too few employee's to get the jobs done and the work can be pretty stressful at times. It certainly keeps you busy the entire time though.
Pros
Fun, Personal
Cons
little to no breaks, poor management
Great part time place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Royersford, PAMarch 29, 2017
I worked here part time when I was transitioning from York, PA to Royersford, PA. It was a great opportunity and was a great introduction to retail sales.
Good Company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 29, 2017
Great company to work for. Provided great incentives and benefits. The only reason it did not work out for me is that i wanted to advance faster then the availability allowed. My passion is to follow the American dream and get rich through hard work and taking care of my family. I need a company to help me accomplish this dream.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, plenty of hours
Cons
Bad management, coworkers that didnt respect management, no advancement oppurtunities
It was a pretty good job
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYMarch 28, 2017
I liked it honestly but they fired me due to the fact that I was sick during my 90 day probation.... The calls were very easy though the actual job was great.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Facility needs upgrading
Staples
Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDMarch 28, 2017
I hated my experience at staples. It was a horrific experience. The management at my old store was terrible. No room for advancement and they restricted me based of my speech impediment.
Poorly Managed
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEMarch 28, 2017
Fair, but with this location its hard to receive help from higher up to maintain store readiness for many challenges. Many challenges are ahead for this location, unless they received proper guiding and or better management. If you need a summer job, this store is not the location for you. Too many johns and janes put little to no effort once hired.
Fun Place to work, just follow the rules and be on time
work from home- Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Work from homeMarch 28, 2017
Great company to work for, very good if you have a particularly busy home life. It's great to be able to work from home for Staples and still make sure I can take care of my motherly duties.
Decent place to work while pursuing higher education.
Copy and Print Associate (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMarch 28, 2017
staples is a decent place to work if you're a student. there is chances of advancement if you want longer shifts and no available time outside of work. Copy and print is stressful to say the least but you do learn lots of great skills that can be used outside of work. Decent management, cares when it comes to things like , not so much when it comes to you actually being able to take a break. May wait 4-5 hours because of no coverage.
Fast-paced environment - enjoy satisfying customer needs
Copy and Print Associate (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 28, 2017
Working in the Copy and Print department at STAPLES is fast-paced. I most enjoy providing outstanding service and products to the customer and seeing that I have met their needs.
Pros
Good support, pleasant environment
Cons
Low pay rate, not enough hours.
Easy place to work
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2017
Staples was really flexible with their hours. I was still in school and they were understanding. The hardest part of the job was when you had customers and also had to pick up the phones.
Staff acts like a group and not a bunch of idenpendents
Easy Tech Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHMarch 27, 2017
A typical work day is working throughout the floor helping the customer and making sure the product is in the correct spot and priced correctly. There are four main areas of the store. Easy Tech, Copy Center, Sales floor, and register.
Pros
Staff, 10% discount
Cons
Working at register, difficult customers
Hours Cut
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cold Spring, KYMarch 27, 2017
I worked there for a year and it was a great job! But once they hired a bunch of employees with no experience my hours were cut and I found out they were making more then me after a year of employment, I decided to move on from the company.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay
A Good job to hold
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 27, 2017
a regular day at work is productive i try to do my best with learning more so i can assist more customers.
i learned how to stock and also how to be a cashier this job helped me with social skills and leadership skills.
the work place culture is like the rest of NYC you'll have a mix of hard working people from every ethnicity.
the hardest part would be the back to school season because of the rush and all the product that have to pack out.
the most enjoyable part is having a great manager and very helpful co-workers i couldn't ask for a better team.
Pros
the shifts are nice
Cons
no health care
Contractor
contractor (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 27, 2017
I was paid well as a contractor. Full-time employees are expected to take work home and work well over 40 hours per week. Not sure if they get compensated well for that in pay and/or benefits.
Pros
Good office atmosphere
Cons
wasn't asked to join full-time
Sales Associate
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 27, 2017
I stocked shelves, managed cash at cash register. I helped customers find merchandise throughout store. I cleaned the store's bathrooms. Made sure inventory was properly stocked.
Great Supervisor very caring and considerate
Cashier/Sales (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VAMarch 27, 2017
I love working with the public. From the time I get in I have a chance to really help people make the right decisions in purchansing, answering questions, and just communicating with the public.

I have learned the art of selling a product in a fast pace.

The hardest part of my job is being on my feet all day, but I maintain.

The manager is great and really works with you on the schedule.

I have learned several new responsibilities that Staples requires such as: ordering online for customers, using the hand held to inquire on several different things the customer might need information on, processing damaged products, recycling ink, pricing and signage, and many more things.
Pros
short shifts
Cons
working weekends
Enjoyed working with retail customers. Management support was great, corporate support was not good.
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 27, 2017
Local store manager was great. The support from the District and Regional levels was not good. Very little support from the District Manager to achieve corporate goals. District level expectations were not supported by training nor were staffing hours conducive to maintaining store readiness, i.e. displays, stock rooms, overall store look and cleanliness.
Pros
Customer interaction
Cons
Lack of training and freedom to resolve customer issues.
n/a
Certified IT Help Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAMarch 27, 2017
I was a college student working here. It was fun while it lasted the people were a joy to be around. Job wasn't too stressful although management could have been better. Easy job, easy pay.
Toxic environment
SDO Delivery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAMarch 26, 2017
My facility received virtually support from upper management in management/labor relations when numerous drivers complained of the work hours and refused to take on additional duties.
Pros
Cons
More focused on revenue than employee relations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.