Staples
2,808 reviews

Staples Employer Reviews

there is always someone new or moving up in managment
Cashier, Tech Support (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2015
okay people that try to look out for you just as if you were family
Not so great
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Very poor management.Co workers are great.
Needs to replace whole management with professional people.
healthy and productive work environment
Easy Tech Sales Associate (Former Employee), Palm Coast, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: healthy work environment
Cons: no cons
A typical day included helping customers on the sales floors, writing work orders for computers, restocking shelves, cleaning easy tech bench. i learned how to manage stock, help customers with certain needs, the fundamentals of customer service. management was excellent, never not helping. All co-workers got along very well and worked together as a unit. hardest part of the job is to put the printers on the top shelves as some of them are very heavy. best part about the job are the customers and the stories they have.
Productive store to work at and they order pizzas each month as an appreciation of their employees and have promotions for the hard workers.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Danvers, MAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free pizzas and promotions!
Cons: the pay rate and benefits
I enjoy working for Staples very much. Although it has no relation to the filed of addictions, it keeps me busy and around people and the public. I enjoy working alone or as a team member and I feel I go above and beyond for this company as far as the scheduling goes and the availability I have made myself available for at short- notice; mainly. The management treats me with dignity and respect and speaks to me as an equal. They have sat me down 2 times and said that I was going to be promoted to the head of my department which is office supplies and they have recognized and appreciated all of my hard work that I have put in for them. I don't get paid much but I do enjoy having a schedule which is set for the employees each Thursday and I like the consistency of the work I provide and the work that is expected of me. The hardest part of the job, I feel, is coming up with alternative ideas for certain projects or items the customers may be looking for. I find that it can be challenging at times but it forces me to be creative and to show the customer that the services I am providing for them during their visit to Staples- be a pleasant and enjoyable one! My coworkers are all very helpful and work extremely well as a team. We all get along very well and I am very comfortable working with them- we have a lot of fun and laughs throughout our shifts, usually. They are a majority of high school and college students so sometimes I feel a little "old" but I can keep right up with them with the energy and charisma which I try to portray to both my coworkers and to the customers. I enjoy each different parts of my job but like working the cash register the least because once you are assigned that position for however long they might keep me there for, you cannot leave and attend to customers or show customers were certain products/ items may be located or cannot help them with the furniture, etc. because you are not allowed to leave the register and move throughout the floor.
Great staff to work with
Overnight Stock Agent (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: working over night
Met great co-workers that recruited me to bed bath and beyond. Hardest part of job was working over night. The most enjoyable part was watching closely how Pat managed us and the skills he used.
Staples Employee Review
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Goodyear, AZJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day at work is greeting every customer entering the door with a smile, operating a cash register, directing customers and/or walking the customer to the merchandise and replenishing the shelves. My co-workers and I work as a team in helping each other to provide excellent customer service. Management is very understanding and cooperative in working with their employees' schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure the customer is having a good shopping experience in our store. Seeing them leave with a smile is rewarding. We do out best in providing the merchandise they are looking for. If we don't have the merchandise in stock, we always give the opinion of ordering it on-line for them. And having it shipped to their desired destination.
they we're so understanding with school schedule
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), whittier, caJanuary 21, 2015
they were able to work school schedule and work around my schedule.
Team effort makes the day go by swiftly
Copy & Print Associate (Current Employee), New York, New YorkJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: unruly customers at times
Management is good and very knowledgeable. I love my co-workers they are what make the job fun and exciting. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unruly and nasty customers at times. The most enjoyable part is when you get customers who love the work you've done.
Good place to grow
Easy Tech Associate (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 21, 2015
Learned a lot from training and mangers.
Flexible work hours
Seasonal work
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Edison NJJanuary 21, 2015
Good working environment and everyone got along. Everyone help the other person. Always busy, time went fast. Work had good supervision.
Basic Work Load
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Employees on the clock should alway have a up beat attitude and show respect to customers and co-workers as well.
They should always be willing to learn new thing about their career in order to grow in their company.
Every team leader or manager should set an example for all employee to follow. Their actions have a large empact on co-workers.
And as a Co-worker, they should alway look to emprove, and urge other co-worker to do the same.
It creats a grand work environment not only for workers, but customers as well.
Friendly employees
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Everyone was friendly, clean and outstanding store, customers were super sweet and funny
Ok job poor leadership and direction
Manager (Former Employee), USAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good compensation
Cons: poor health care, work life balance is non-existant, poor leadership
Long hours were often required and not appreciated. Unfortunately Staples was very good about talking the talk but not walking the walk.Middle and upper management were oblivious to day to day challenges and quite often took the stance of "make it happen" regardless of the reality of the obstacles that were faced. Compensation was one area that they didn't lack in and provide a handsome overall package. (healthcare is on the decline) It wasn't always this way but with the evolution of the industry and knee jerk reactions to wall street Staples isn't a place I would recommend climbing on board with. That is unless you are one who wants a ride similar to Blockbuster or Radio Shack. Now do I think that they are necessarily doomed, no but I think there are still ample changes in store for "office supply" companies and not all of them will be positive.
Productive.
Tech Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TexasJanuary 19, 2015
Cons: work 9 hours and get just a 30 minute lunch.
You work with customers to get an overall goal completed/ established. Generally you would complete tasks anywhere from stocking all the way to computer programming/ removing of virus and such.
Friendly Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Apple Valley, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Your co-workers also your supervisors are all on the same page. They work as a team also they are a big family.
Fun Challenges
Associate Business Analyst - IT (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 19, 2015
Each day brings something new to learn / help in driving accomplishments. Fast paced environment. Multi-layered systems supported from customer, end user, and development viewpoints.
Great associates, customers
Retail Business Store - Easy Tech Associate (Former Employee), Clifton Park, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Great environment. Always learning new things from daily easy tech support
I loved it!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Queens, NYJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great ambiance, clean and organized environment, amazing and understanding staff.
Cons: short lunch break
I absolutely LOVED the environment. I had great relationships with my co-workers and I LOVED my manager and my supervisors. We were like a little family.This has been the best job I've has thus far.
Best job I have ever had
Delivery Driver II (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAJanuary 18, 2015
Responsible for the delivery of office supplies, furniture, and housekeeping supplies; delivered to businesses and residential customers; professional use of a palm pilot during deliveries; retrieved orders from customer base that were refused or damaged during shipping. Received in and scanned out packages to be delivered daily to customers. Loaded and unloaded delivery truck for delivery of customers orders daily.
Nice place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunch at least twice a month, flexible schedule
Cons: no break unless you work for 6 hours or more
I liked working there, but my boss was a jerk when it came to personal obligations and emergencies. The company itself is starting to focus more on competing with online sales versus in-store sales, which made it difficult for our store. They stopped stocking the stores with computers and furniture because they wanted us to sell the item but then get the customer to order it online in the store, which no one really wanted to do. So overall it's a nice place to work, but the company needs to realize that they should keep focus on their in-store customers, instead of trying to compete with Amazon so much.

1 2 3 4 5

About Staples

There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer – Read more