Staples Employee Reviews

Found 6,121 reviews matching the search
A Part Time of Despire
Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 21, 2017
The training was crashed coursed,had to wait 30 minutes for mgr to open the door after hours so I could go home, parking lot lights were off. Not Cool
Pros
Some of the staff members are nice, and you get to interact with and help different people
Cons
Not enough hands on training, attitude from management, primitive use of technology, after getting off work had to wait an extra 30 minutes just to leave, parking lot lights turned off so going to your car was totally unsafe, management will "bark" orders at you, not really explaining how and what they want you to do.
Fun place to work and cares about its people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 21, 2017
The work to do helps pass the time and manageable. Like any other job you get out what you put in to it. Your manager can be good or bad to work for from a leadership standpoint.
Good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCSeptember 21, 2017
Great to work with Customers enjoyed learning how to upsell and do inventory on the store. Crew was great and always got along management was always willing to help
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks
busy during sep but slow after good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 21, 2017
over all I would go in help the customers make sure they get they fax sent and scan help them print , ring up people sometimes put the returns back met good co workers answer phone
Pros
discount vibes, sometimes free lunch
Cons
hours
High Stress, Load Reward
Shipping Department Head (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 20, 2017
Work environment provides opportunities to advance within the company, unfortunately the management there does not. Often found myself covering for my supervisors so they could take extra breaks and long lunches, wound up taking a lot of responsibility that I was not getting paid to do.
a lot of changes taking place when I was hired as a contractor
Senior Account Executive Contractor - Agency (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 20, 2017
I was a contractor and was paid hourly. Given the high turnover and the potential merger taking place, there was a lot of uncertainty and shifting in upper management.
Nice place to work
Tech Associate, Sales Associate and cashier (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 20, 2017
Co-worker Are like family, manager is kind, good awards, you learn a lot about technology, Sales are difficult but not imposible, and im enjoy talk with customers
Productive, fun, and positive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Working at Staples was one of my best working experiences because the workers, managers and even the boss were all friendly towards each other by joking around at times, always congratulate each other on the good work any teammate is doing, the mangers and the boss always had a way to motivate the workers in doing well and wanting to improve in their job, the workers always got rewarded for their hard work, everyone was acknowledged by one another, nobody ever left out of the loop. At first the hardest part of the job was during closing when the sales associates have to put everything in the return box back in the aisles where they belong, but after a while as you continue to do that you get use to the aisles and get better at knowing where certain items are which makes it easier to help a customer find what they need.
Pros
discounts/store credit on items you purchase, rewards for how good of a job you do on the job, and break times were depending on the hrs you work that day.
Cons
no cons
Its a start job.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 20, 2017
Depending on your location and who you work for , it is either a decent job or horrible one. I worked various locations. One store i loved working at because of the manager and coworkers. The others i disliked for same reason. Its a decent starter job if you need experience. There are chances for advancement into management within the company even if they dont happen often.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
hours and pay
Productive workplace with a god amount of social interaction
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 20, 2017
I would start the day by receiving items and moving pallets around according to importance of the items on it as well as the items that were out of stock on the shelf.
Pros
3 Breaks, Good vibes with customers and other employees
Cons
The amount of slow time
Take your talents elsewhere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Deptford, NJSeptember 20, 2017
I was hired over the summer and worked at the store for a few months. However management didn't value my time or work. I achieved the store credit goals in a single day and lead the store in other weeks Staples is a decent company, but you don't get commission for achieving goals. TAKE YOUR TALENTS ELSEWHERE!!!
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Management, low hours
A Great starting point..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MASeptember 20, 2017
The people I worked with were great, but honestly overall the job was just OK. Great for students, or people juggling other responsibilities. Also a great first job. Employee knowledge on electronics is very low, and they don't really have a system to help with that.
Pros
flexable hours, easy pased
Cons
low pay, small breaks
Fun but be prepared to work nights
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 19, 2017
The job wasnt actually super enjoyable like you go there do hard work and go home the workers are very anti social and never associated outside of work If you looking for a job that you get hours and make money in every week then staples is awesome if you want to bond with other workers and have a more enjoyable job then probably not for you
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
Always worked late shifts
Horribly run company
EasyTech Associate (Former Employee) –  Baldwin County, ALSeptember 19, 2017
Corporate was always pushing some sales gimmick at the start of every quarter with new sales goals that they would write us up for not fulfilling, only to discard them weeks or months later. Employee morale was generally low. Scheduling was extremely unreliable and on very short notice. I watched everyone who got hired go through the same cycle where they were slowly beaten down until they just don't care about the job at all.

We would be given large amounts of work to do with very few hours to do them. Penalized if we didn't finish, penalized if we stayed late to finish. Failure to live up the the purposefully unrealistic standards were used to justify denying raises to employees at their annual review.

Management was always hiring new people instead of increasing the hours of the experienced workers who had already been requesting more hours. If they decided they didn't like you, they would just stop scheduling you until you quit out of frustration. It was known unofficial company policy to get people to quit in this manner instead of letting them go so the company didn't have to pay unemployment.
Pros
Had some good coworkers and customers
Cons
Everything else
Good place for part time work, but not a career.
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 19, 2017
The company has been shrinking the workforce at the store level steadily over the past several years. Most of the workers are part-time (maximum of 24 hours per week). The store level management is forced to accomplish increasingly difficult metrics with minimal staff to help. The job has become a micromanaging nightmare.
Pros
Decent benefits, even for part timers
Cons
Workers need to do every job in the store
My time workng at Staples
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Working at staples was one of the worst jobs Ive had so far. Only one manager made my stay worth while. At first I did look foward to going to work then after a while it just got on my nerves having to go to work there. I did not like it at all.
Tough work place
Office supply associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, MASeptember 19, 2017
Very demanding and tough place to work. Hired for one job but constantly must fill in for others in their jobs. Minimum pay with barely any benefits at all.
great company to work for
Copy and print associate (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, IL 60007September 19, 2017
sold manangement
great company to work for
very realxed even at its busiest times
Great customer service
great job for college attending students due to flexible schedules
High turn over rate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHSeptember 19, 2017
I like working at Staples. You meet so many different kinds of people with this job. The turn over for my store is high because of the college students who are employed here.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Not enough hours
Very fun place to work.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Napa, CASeptember 18, 2017
Very numbers driving the particular store I am in is often top 5 in the nation. Can be very stressful and demanding to meet those numbers for the pay we receive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.