Staples

3.6K reviews

Staples Employee Reviews

Tech Expert (Former Employee), Frisco, TXAugust 29, 2015
• Assisted customers with questions or concerns regarding their technical devices
• Worked with technical team to develop improved strategies to solve customer problems and issues in a time-efficient and effective way
Basic cashier experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Moscow, IDAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Easy to get the job, no experience required
Cons: 7.35 an hour
Count tills, clean, sell protection plans, check customers out, stock shelves

I learned basic customer service and money handling skills

The management was easy to talk to and answered questions smoothly and quickly.

My co-workers were always cheerful and easy to get along with.

7.35 an hour wasn't all that exciting. Definitely the worst part.

Dancing with a broom when the store was empty had to be the best part of the day.
Great Perks,Travel.
Sales Manger (Former Employee), El Cerrito,CAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: fun, People Were Fun To Work With.
Cons: N/A
I liked there the people were good to work with and management were always wanting you to move up within the company.there are always room to grow and the medical were really good.
company
breakpack (Former Employee), orlando, fl.August 28, 2015
Pros: did not have to clock out for 20 minute break
Cons: health insurance
I have never had so many issues with a company that I have worked with. Managers don't want to listen to the employees, they never had morning shift openings full time, part time hours were not good and the pay was ridiculous.
Thrive and Improve Everyday
Copy and Print Supervisor (Current Employee), Clemmons, NCAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Weekly Wages, Multi tasking as an Individual, Confidential
Cons: No Motivation for Team Work, Benefits
I live and work in a fast paced work environment which sometimes require teamwork. Being a Supervisor can be challenging but also rewarding. Customer Service is the key to making or breaking a company. The upmost lifting part of my days are producing quality work that the customer will be satisfied with and the vision they had pictured. Creativity has a role to achieve the impossible. Multi tasking, juggling everyday activities, supervising and handling everything thing can be stressful but its all a Journey. The Journey is all ways exciting.
not caring about employees
Shipper (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INAugust 28, 2015
they are not geared towards families or their employees. Changed working hours multiple times in the seven years i was there management does not seem to care about employees or their happiness at work at all
A plant with no sunlight.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gilroy, CAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work.
Cons: Little room for growth.
For every job you start as a seed looking for a way to grow and improve. At Staples your shirt color defines your ability to move upwards in the company. And the clouds of micromanagement loom overhead, be prepared for breath down your neck. To ensure the utmost quality experience you will be tasked with reporting in every day for not meeting your quota of sign ups. Enjoy the world of retail.
Strong thriving company with oppurtunity for growth
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee), ParkerAugust 27, 2015
Lots of customer interaction, while maintaining strong operational focus and driving profitability.

You must be able to multitask and direct staff towards customer needs in order keep customer satisfaction up and help drive customers spend.

Observing and coaching on a daily basis in order to help associates reach their full potential
Not what it could be
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 27, 2015
When I was there I was surrounded with great management and as I went thru my time with them, the great managers left and the not so great ones took their spots. It was not a competitive company so much as a combative one. I made many friends while I was there and now, 10years later they are all gone and Staples is just Staples.
Great for College Students
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Elyria, OHAugust 27, 2015
It a typical job for college students who needs the extra money for everyday life. Management will work with you on anything that is needed.
Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 27, 2015
Staples is a good place to work.

Typical days there were filled with project work and tech support work for end users. Depending on the project work, it could fluctuate from 100% project work/0% tech support to 20% project work/80% tech support.

Staples updated my networking skills tremendously and I am grateful for that.

Management in GI was great and really worked with you.
career growth
FC Supervisor II (Current Employee), coppell, txAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Productive
Cons: short breaks
I enjoy the energetic culture at staples. The managers are approachable and encourage employees to succeed and explore career growth within the company."
Solid Retail Environment
Copy Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Bangor, MEAugust 26, 2015
Staples was a really solid company to work for. Management was supportive and listened to employees at the store level. I was allowed to run my department and always felt supported by the manager and assistant manager. I only moved on due to a lack of advancement opportunity in my area of the state.
retail
Expert Certified Tech (Former Employee), Hudson, NYAugust 26, 2015
At the time I was there we had a crew that just blended great together. Almost all has changed since then but very happy I had my experience there. Fast paced and pressure to meet numbers for district. However, still better that most retail stories I've heard.
nice
Customer Service Representative/Cashier9 (Former Employee), Pharr, TXAugust 25, 2015
nice clean environment pricey but helpful staff good hours flexible schedule very nice staff lunch break is good timing
a
General Manager (Current Employee), westchester, nyAugust 25, 2015
Company is struggling to find it's way, is trying to chase down too many different things at the same time. Rather than focusing on it's core business
Great Place To Work
Copy and Print Assistant (Former Employee), whitehall, ohioAugust 25, 2015
It is a very great work lace to Learn and have the experience of great hands on experience and training. With a staff that helps and can grow together
Great for a while, but not worth it in the long run
Front End Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 24, 2015
Pros: 10% discount (though, it's not that great considering the fact that sales tax is 8.875%)
Flexible when it came to weekly hours as well as fun and entertaining coworkers. Workload wasn't too much, but management was a bit pushy at times and took it out on the employees when dpt wasn't what they hoped and would even pit associates against each other every now and then to try and boost morale when it did quite the opposite. Rude and entitled customers every now and then, but most were generally nice.
Great job, Bad management
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Sandy, UTAugust 24, 2015
The job itself was great, aside from no room for advancement, and a poor management style. Hour cap made it hard to get enough hours to make it worth staying.
Staples
Certified Easy Tech (Current Employee), Walled Lake, MIAugust 23, 2015
Upwards mobility and any work incentives continuously missed the mark at almost every level from what I witnessed. It was my understanding that they had to change the company moto from "That was Easy" to "Make more Happen" because of the high level of complaints about many of the stores services and procedures being frustratingly difficult for customers.
Employees