Staples

3.5K reviews

Staples Employee Reviews

Great People to workwith
Onsite Lead (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJuly 30, 2015
There are excellent bunch of people, would have been better if they compensate a bit higher.
Work life balance is good.
Management is OK.
Was a good company until all the drivers is going to get laid off.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Arden Hills, MNJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Time fly by quickly
Cons: Can't really have a nice vacation due to seniority.
I do enjoy the work I do at staples especially all my customers, super friendly. The only sad part is that staples is laying all their drivers off this fall 2015. I just hope they know what their doing.
Easy work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 29, 2015
Office supply knowledge is a need when working at staples. flexable hours, easy going management. not so great benefits but other than that its a pretty good place to work at... if you're looking for a part time job.
Great job
Copy & Print Project Manager (Current Employee), Marlboro, NJJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Great team, creativity, environment
Cons: benefits, raises, nasty customers
I began working at Staples when I was in high school and continued to work there throughout my college career. They are flexible and help you with paying for college by offering scholarships for employees that maintain 20 hrs/week.
Laid Back Enviornment
Copy Center Associate (Current Employee), Mooresville, NCJuly 29, 2015
Everybody works hard on making sure that the customers leaves satisfied. Management is very open and schedules are flexible hours could be better but its a great place to work if you need some extra cash in your pocket.
Long job security
Customer Service Lead, Copy Center Pro, Inventory (Former Employee), Davenport FlJuly 28, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: very very slow business, losing clientele it seems to be in decline
Wonderful way to get foot in door and experience under your belt if you've never had a job before. Very slow business now a days. It can be harsh not to have a single client for the long hours you work. No advancement opportunities. They will promise it for years on end. Prominent employee of 12 years got a -slight promotion shes been vying for upon 13th year of work.... Low pay otherwise, for hours worked
n/a
General Manager (Current Employee), Gaithersburg,MDJuly 28, 2015
Work is very busy everyday and I am an excellent multi-tasker and I can work in a fast paced environment. I do not have a hard part to my job but the most enjoyable part is working with different customers.
Great company to work fo r
Easy Tech Associate (Former Employee), Phillipsburg, NJJuly 28, 2015
Cons: short work hours, little breaks
As an easy tech I was able to expand my knowledge of how other big companies worked on computers and what they could and could not do. It is a great place to work if you have the time. Everyone was helpful and did not hesitate to give a helping hand.
Great Store
Copy Center Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), 104-02 Atlantic Avenue, Ozone Park NY 11416July 28, 2015
Staples was a really good store, Clean, friendly and well motivated by the management. The management did an excellent job on the day to day operations and the well being of the employees. They were flexible and willing to work around my schedule at all times. The hardest part of working at Staples was the back to school season but sometimes a challenge gives you that extra push to show you what you'er capable of..
very great and fun enviorment to work in
Customer Service (Former Employee), AllentownJuly 28, 2015
very fun and a great place to first start working and learn what it is like to work. they are always updating and working with there employees and training them to do the very best that they can.
Enoyable work environment with room to learn
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Yuba City, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Vacation time, great benefits and work BBQ's
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work consisted of greeting customers and making sure their needs come first. Next I would begin daily routine projects such as inventory, stalking shelves, adjusting price changes through out the store. I would provide back up coverage for all departments such as copy center, cashiers and technology, I enjoyed this the most. It gave me a chance to learn something new and meet new people in every department which made me much more flexible and more knowledgeable of the store itself. Management was always there when needed and trusted in the employees.
Good place to be, slower volume stores are challenging
Sales Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Kennett Square, PAJuly 27, 2015
Good company to work for since they are small. SVP's actually remember your name and RVP's too. Can be challenging for smaller stores due to payroll constraints.
Not a great place to work.
Copy Center Lead (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJuly 27, 2015
Not much to like. Raises never occur even if you get a great review. Minimal opportunities to advance. Constant threats of store closings. The district manager does visit often and knows all of the employees names.
Its an Environment of Stability if you Perform
anonymous (Former Employee), anonymousJuly 27, 2015
Pros: You are Rewarded for Results
Cons: They are not know from Promoting from within
Staples has a strong culture and although not incredibly progressive it offers great stability if you are a solid performer.
Fun but understaffed
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Hanover, MDJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Non financial perks
Cons: Low salaries
Fun atmosphere with Co-workers. Outdated staffing model has locations severely understaffed. The day has peaks and valleys of customer activity. Customer service is the best part of the job. Least enjoyable is the store recovery.
Staples Is A Very Goal Oriented Company
Computer Technician (Current Employee), New Hartford, NYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Sales Experience
Cons: 25 Hours A Week Max.
Staples has taught me how to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize tasks while still giving outstanding customer service. I have learned how to overcome obstacles and make sure the customer receives the necessary information to insure they are making a well informed decision on their product and/or services. Staples requires all of its employees to meet a minimum weekly sales driven goal and others more depending on department. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I help a customer find the information they need because I asked the right questions and get the customer into the product or services that are right for their needs.
Relaxed environment for the most part
sales associate (Current Employee), newton njJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff, clean work place, organized.
Cons: healthcare, hours cut.
Friendly staff and pretty nice managers. My only complaint is they cut all part timers to 20 hours a week which causes myself and others to find second and third jobs.
work hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ocala, FLJuly 25, 2015
There's never enough people working. The management isnt very strong. There is room to move around but isnt a lifetime job
one of the best retail stores I've worked in
certified easy tech (Former Employee), East Rutherford NJJuly 24, 2015
Promoted to Certified Technician, was responsible for performing: diagnostic scans, virus removal, internal component installs & replacement keyboard / track pads for both Mac and PC.
Ranked #1 on a team of 7 in tech sales, products and services for 10 months consecutively & Top producer in store 2014 YTD cellular phone sales.
Provided excellent customer service through Easy Service behaviors &effectively communicated with customers in offering a full technology solution that met or exceed their expectations in repairing or replacement of the device
ok place to work
Associate (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: big company
Cons: no good process follows
if you are in right team then okay place to work otherwise do not think to join this place. There is no learning path and management doesn't know what needs to be done. It is firing company. People will not respect what skills you have, management can ask you to work on anything. Big NO
Employees