Staples
2,521 reviews

Staples Employer Reviews

Staples is a strong company
Service Delivery Admin (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 17, 2014
Pros: stability and benefitial
Cons: growth potential is limited in this area
I am enjoying the colleagues that I work with and the day is always busy. My customer service calls and driver requests are always challenging and fun.
Beautiful Location and very clean store.
Easy Technology Lead (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 17, 2014
There is so much work to do you will always stay productive, selling computers,laptops,tablets,printers every day with attachments to encourage long time customers.
Pro active goal oriented and ambitious place
Easy Tech Expert (Former Employee), new york , nyOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great enviroment, customer interaction, room to grow within company
Cons: short breaks, managers werent well trained, minimal pay increase
come into work in the morning review the previous sales for the day before also track down how close to their goal our employees were in terms of service plans sold. After that meet with my general manager and discuss the days activities and what the expectations would be for the employees. hardest part of the day would be on busy days where we were – more... under staffed and sometimes weren't able to meet customers expectations, but also the more enjoyable part was building a rapport with many customers who often stopped by just to say hello even drop off lunch for us. – less
A job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIOctober 15, 2014
Customers make the job worth wild. I learned how to train employees on policy.
Sales Associate
Customer Service Rep/ Sales Associate/Easy Tech (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 15, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: child labor
its a good job if yu wrk part time and very good if yur a student. i loved working here until the staff gets too comforable.
fast paced
Sales and Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), West Orange, NJOctober 15, 2014
lack of communication between upper management

fast paced work environment

great place to build relationships

opportunities for growth
Ensure that the cuctomers computers are fixed correctly and provide customer support.
Lead Computer Tech (Former Employee), Killeen, TXOctober 15, 2014
• Ensures that all customer contact as a self priority on every shift, every customer leaves happy.
• Perform basic technical system diagnostics and upgrades on customer’s technology.
• Completes service solutions based on the client's description of the situation and their own diagnosis
• Resolve questions/problems associated with Information Technology – more... (IT), software &/or hardware problems, password violations and troubles & work orders
• Provide technical support to users for computer software; install new software & updates. Analyze software system failures.
• Remove viruses and other malware and spyware on customers computers.
• Troubleshoots operating system issues, repairs, and removes malware as defined by scopes of work
• Performs upgrades, repairs, and applicable installations
• Documents all client connects in an internal customer relationship management system
• Communicates and trains clients on the proper and optimal use and care for their technology
• Maintain a network that is wireless and hardwired to 18 computers.
• Sell products and services which provide total solution.
• Provide an inviting environment for the customers by maintaining a neat and clean department.
• Deliver Easy Sales and Service.
• Stay up to date on product information by completing training modules.
• Check out customers at the register when needed.
• Convey product and services knowledge. – less
Good startup job
Resident Technician/ Certified On-site Technician (Former Employee), Bronx, NYOctober 14, 2014
Good Job to get experience in a typical retail environment. Meet new people and get a grasp on the retail industry.
decent job
Copy and Print Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 14, 2014
staples is the place for you if you enjoy to sell and work wtith the public.
Challenging and great place to work but upside is getting bleak
General Manager (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 13, 2014
Staples is a great place to work. My DM is a great person to work for and makes it easy to come to work every day. Labor is starting to get tight which makes every day problems more and more challenging. Staples is starting to shrink which is eliminating opportunities to advance. Overall great company to work for but need to start looking at other opportunities.
Bad work environment
Copy Center Specialist (Current Employee), rochester hills, miOctober 13, 2014
Not a welcoming work environment. I work in the copy and print center and they expect a lot out of me for the amount that i get paid.
great place to learn new skills
Copy & Print Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 13, 2014
interacting with diffrent cultures and learning new skills is always a great thing.
Work at own pace.
Inside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2014
Pros: self paced environment
Cons: 2 hours round trip from home.
A typical day at work would involve a morning meeting followed by 1 hour of checking and responding to emails from assigned accounts, then 2 hours of outbound sales calls to your account base. Followed by lunch and 3 hours in the afternoon of outbound sales calls to account base and answer any emails that come in throughout the day.
Cashier (Former Employee), West Nyack, NYOctober 13, 2014
Co-workers were friendly and helpful. Managers were understanding. The copy and print center was fast paced and challenging.
A dynamic work environment
Easy Tech Expert (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MIOctober 13, 2014
Serving the technology needs of the people of the city of Rochester Hills in a dynamic environment.
Many challenges, such as recovering lost data from crashed hard drives, with the added rewards of grateful clients.
Rewarding experience mentoring and training the technical team.
Top management with the associates in mind at this facility.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Southfield, MIOctober 13, 2014
Great place to work but the associates were even better! Always willing to work with the associates in work problems and in the associates life problems.
Fun Workplace
Associate (Former Employee), North Hampton, NHOctober 13, 2014
Fast Paced. Fun Enviroment. Loved all the managers and staff. Fun place to be. Great food.
Not bad...
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Mesa, AzOctober 13, 2014
Pros: they close early and give brakes.
Cons: none to say
This is a company that it really depends on the mangement to make sure the store is doing well and if that is not there then it is not a great place to work.
Staples is a great place to work. It had a good team environment.
Copy and Print Supervisor (Former Employee), Madison, WIOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great work place that allows for growth with in the company
Cons: it is a demanding job where i don't always get my breaks
I work in the copy and print center witch requires the ability to produce high quality product under high pressure situation. Staples offers a full survive copy center so over the last year I have learned a lot about printing and finishing equipment. Also I am the copy and print supervisor which has taught me how to manage a productive team, and the – more... responsibility of meeting a quarterly budget. The team that makes up my department is great, we all work together to create quality products that satisfy our customers. You learn quickly that time management is very important, sometimes it can be hard to balance all the projects that you have to get done but regardless when working at this job you will get better at time management. The most enjoyable part of this job is customer satisfaction, having a customer like the job that you just produced for them and building relationships with them. – less
Fun work environment
Office Supply Associate (Current Employee), Tempe, AZOctober 12, 2014
Pros: time goes by quickly.
Cons: pay and only being part time.
I really enjoyed the one-on-one interaction with the customers.
My co_workers are very hard working and we are always on the same page about what needs to be done by the end of each work day.
The hardest part of the job is managing time between helping customers and completing the tasks that had been asked of me that day.

1 2 3 4 5

About Staples

There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer – Read more