Staples Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,430 reviews matching the search
Pay commensurate with work but some of the policies ned to be revisited.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJune 29, 2016
if they wouldn't do so much micromanaging, they may be able to get associates who wouldn't mind coming to work and doing a great job.
Versatile, busy, respectable
Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 29, 2016
Working at Staples taught me a lot of valuable things. Some of those valuable things were promptness, diversity in the workplace, what it means to truly multi-task and how to make and maintain relationships.
Fun and productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 28, 2016
Very friendly employees and very decent management. Fun workplace to be in. Always doing work but never a dull moment. This is all I have to say to about Staples. Nothing else i could say about it.
Pros
Fun employees
Cons
short breaks, low wage
No room for advancement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJune 28, 2016
Staples is not a company I would recommend to anybody. I was promised a higher position in the store when I was hired, and about 8 months into my job, I finally inquired as to why I was never placed in that department, and instead placed as a cashier. I was told we needed more cashiers than we needed people in any other department of the store, which I understood. After awhile they did move me to the department I was promised, and I worked over there for about two months and I still hadn't received a pay increase, even though the job I was doing was increasingly more difficult than running a register. When I inquired as to why this was, I was told that because I still covered gaps on register in between cashiers, I could not get a pay raise. Then without warning, I was told I was being removed from the higher up position and placed permanently on register. I worked for that company for over a year and I got a 5 cent raise during the 17 months that I was there. The hardest part of that job was when I was working in the Copy and Print center. There are so many different types of prints you can make and it is very, very difficult to keep all of them straight sometimes. The easiest part of my job was when I was working register, which should be pretty self-explanatory.
Pros
they gave us mats to stand on so we didn't have to stand on the hard floor
Cons
rarely paid attention to when you needed your break, management never came when you called for help, no room for advancement, hours cut for no reason, very stingy
Productive company with great leadership.
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 27, 2016
The company has great products and people working here. The company upper management is very supportive. The only draw back is there are few stores in the area and opportunity for advancement are slim. When it comes to the staff I really enjoy working with them.
Pros
Worklife Balance, Co-workers, Products
Cons
Compensation, Opportunity for Advancement
Decent place to work
Copy and Print Associate (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJune 27, 2016
Decent place to work assuming your team is competent and the job experience will vary based on locations much like any retail job.
Its Alright
Office Equipment Associate (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJune 27, 2016
It's not bad for a paycheck but the lack of advancement leaves a lot to be desired. Corporate will often leave a store understaffed and all are underappreciated.
interesting place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCJune 27, 2016
Great opportunities to service and meet new people. It was wonderful to assist customers in solving problems and providing them with the attention that I would like as well.
Pros
employee appreciation days
Cons
scheduled sick days counted against you
The worst job in my career
Anslyst (Former Employee) –  USAJune 27, 2016
This is the worst company in the world to for work in general. NEVER any support from management! The worst pay and benefits in the industry! I was abused by verbal insults from management everyday no matter how hard I worked!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list!
Wonderful place to work.
Copy & Print Associate (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 27, 2016
I do like where I work and the department that I work in, I love helping customers and taking their orders and giving them the best service I can.
Quiet and calm environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYJune 27, 2016
It was a pretty calm environment on a typical day. The hardest part of the job was the month before the first day of school. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting customers to find equipment necessary for success in school
returns dept.
Return's Department (Former Employee) –  Wauregan, CTJune 27, 2016
very, laid back place, worked at the same place for 17yrs, ending up shutting the warehouse down, thought I would be their for ever, had a lot of good times their.
Pros
easy job, learned alot about the company
Productive. Great Place To Work. Great Benefits. Great Pay.
Bulk Associate/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJune 26, 2016
Well organized, flexible, works well under pressure, takes initiative, outstanding inventory control, strong aptitude for handling material and operating equipment. Can and will meet or exceed warehouse operation efficiency goals.
Great Corporate Culture
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 25, 2016
There are fun good years and tough years but management is always looking to evolve with the changing economic culture. For those who look to take advantage of opportunities and advancement the support is there and HR is trying to be more proactive about advancement. Good people and many who have been with Staples for 10 and 20 plus years. Good focus on the importance of diversity and inclusion and access to senior leadership
Pros
Culture and Corporate facilities are nice and improved over the years
Cons
Tuition Reimbursement is not great nor is the employee discount
Nice place to work, scheduling was poor
Easy Tech Associate (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAJune 25, 2016
I enjoyed working here for being able to work on things i was studying. Tech support within this retail environment helped me grow more into what i was taking courses for in class. Hours, sadly, were very low and i eventually had to move on.
Pros
Computer tech responsibilities
Cons
Availability of hours
Amazing to work here, great staff and fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 24, 2016
A typical work day includes helping customers, replenishing items to shelves, and doing your best to greet and in detail help each valued customer you get. The staff is by far the best i have yet to work with, they are so full of life and enjoyment.
Cons
ghetto customers and thieves
Productive workplace
Assisting customers (Current Employee) –  Forsyth, ILJune 23, 2016
Very goal oriented. The management is wonderful to work with. They genuinely care about their staff. It is a fun and friendly place to work at.
Productivity driven
Account Receivable Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 23, 2016
Learned how to operate several systems. Most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers that you become close to. Have the opportunity to learn about various positions within the company.
Great place for part time work
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 23, 2016
Great fun loving environment.
lots of learning via hands on
great management
good hours
good discounts
fun people
good customer service
Life at Staples
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 23, 2016
I just started working at Staples and so far I really enjoy it. The employees are very kind and generous and are willing to help out if the line gets too long or if I need help with a task at the register. The managers are very professional. I've never felt more at home than I have at Staples. I hope to stay in the company for a long time.