Staples Employee Reviews

Found 6,131 reviews matching the search
Fast Paced, Stressful Environment
Print and Copy Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MASeptember 23, 2017
No intention to career advancement, once you excel/reach the top of your role, they keep you there with no intent of promotion. Work is to come before anything. Management is a tell-coaching type, not an ask-coaching.
Uncompetitive Compensation
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2017
I truly loved everything about working at Staples, apart from the compensation. The hours were very reasonable and all management was completely delightful. I made several long term relationships while there. All of which I hold with terrific value.
cool
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZSeptember 22, 2017
really shady place to work. people just wanted to get thier job down, but it was ridiculous expectations for an office supply store. the hours sucked, and you never knew wat position you were working
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Staples as a company.
Sales Associated (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2017
Staples as a company should be widely for high schoolers and fresh out of high school.I was sorta fresh from high school there. I am looking for a position within a company where I can contribute and grow. I realized that the opportunity to grow wasn’t available to me and that in order to continue to improve myself professionally, it was time to move on. Although it was a good job, I felt as though I had learned everything I could and wanted to move on to a new company where I can continue to grow professionally.
Pros
Understanding Management
Cons
Slow Hours, Pay wasn't that great
What I Learned
Sales Floor Associate, Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westchester, CA 90045September 22, 2017
Staples is a friendly fast pace environment where you interact with customers who have office or stationary needs. Management was good and the work culture was good. the hardest part of working for staples were selling the product protection plan. the most enjoyable part of the job was working in a team with other employees.
Part Time
Staples Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Pelham, ALSeptember 22, 2017
Part time only, no benfits, 30 minute commute. I would prefer 1 full time position closer to home with salary. Working 2 part time jobs an hour apart now.
Wasn't bad
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 22, 2017
Good Work Culture, as long as you do your job you should be fine.
Typical day at work was packing out boxes from the storage and putting items on the shelf. Hardest part of the job was back to school time, a lot of customers.
Unprofessional
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gateway mallSeptember 21, 2017
As a new worker , you expect people to treat you with respect and as equal with everyone. But youbget treated like the new person . Nobody cares and they pay you what they want . And when the store don't need you anymore because the back to school crowd is over they let you go
eh
Cashier, Copy Center (Former Employee) –  CTSeptember 21, 2017
Good first job for teens. Management was not great during my time with company. Grueling summer hours. starting at minimum wage with few raises. Convenient job for students needing discounts on office supplies.
Great Place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 21, 2017
Besides always in the news, great place to work. The management was always changing, but they cared about advancement and training. Great amenities for employees too.
A Part Time of Despire
Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 21, 2017
The training was crashed coursed,had to wait 30 minutes for mgr to open the door after hours so I could go home, parking lot lights were off. Not Cool
Pros
Some of the staff members are nice, and you get to interact with and help different people
Cons
Not enough hands on training, attitude from management, primitive use of technology, after getting off work had to wait an extra 30 minutes just to leave, parking lot lights turned off so going to your car was totally unsafe, management will "bark" orders at you, not really explaining how and what they want you to do.
Fun place to work and cares about its people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 21, 2017
The work to do helps pass the time and manageable. Like any other job you get out what you put in to it. Your manager can be good or bad to work for from a leadership standpoint.
Good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCSeptember 21, 2017
Great to work with Customers enjoyed learning how to upsell and do inventory on the store. Crew was great and always got along management was always willing to help
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks
busy during sep but slow after good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 21, 2017
over all I would go in help the customers make sure they get they fax sent and scan help them print , ring up people sometimes put the returns back met good co workers answer phone
Pros
discount vibes, sometimes free lunch
Cons
hours
High Stress, Load Reward
Shipping Department Head (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 20, 2017
Work environment provides opportunities to advance within the company, unfortunately the management there does not. Often found myself covering for my supervisors so they could take extra breaks and long lunches, wound up taking a lot of responsibility that I was not getting paid to do.
a lot of changes taking place when I was hired as a contractor
Senior Account Executive Contractor - Agency (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 20, 2017
I was a contractor and was paid hourly. Given the high turnover and the potential merger taking place, there was a lot of uncertainty and shifting in upper management.
Nice place to work
Tech Associate, Sales Associate and cashier (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 20, 2017
Co-worker Are like family, manager is kind, good awards, you learn a lot about technology, Sales are difficult but not imposible, and im enjoy talk with customers
Productive, fun, and positive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Working at Staples was one of my best working experiences because the workers, managers and even the boss were all friendly towards each other by joking around at times, always congratulate each other on the good work any teammate is doing, the mangers and the boss always had a way to motivate the workers in doing well and wanting to improve in their job, the workers always got rewarded for their hard work, everyone was acknowledged by one another, nobody ever left out of the loop. At first the hardest part of the job was during closing when the sales associates have to put everything in the return box back in the aisles where they belong, but after a while as you continue to do that you get use to the aisles and get better at knowing where certain items are which makes it easier to help a customer find what they need.
Pros
discounts/store credit on items you purchase, rewards for how good of a job you do on the job, and break times were depending on the hrs you work that day.
Cons
no cons
Its a start job.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 20, 2017
Depending on your location and who you work for , it is either a decent job or horrible one. I worked various locations. One store i loved working at because of the manager and coworkers. The others i disliked for same reason. Its a decent starter job if you need experience. There are chances for advancement into management within the company even if they dont happen often.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
hours and pay
Productive workplace with a god amount of social interaction
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 20, 2017
I would start the day by receiving items and moving pallets around according to importance of the items on it as well as the items that were out of stock on the shelf.
Pros
3 Breaks, Good vibes with customers and other employees
Cons
The amount of slow time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.