Staples
2,821 reviews

Staples Employer Reviews

Working with variety of customers with different needs and requirements and Learned a lot about technology and other thing along the same nature.
Technology Sales Associate/Mobile Consultant (Current Employee), Iselin, NJJanuary 26, 2015
My background includes serving as a technology and office supplies associate within a retail environment. Currently, I have been working at Staples as a technology associate since 2011, where my responsibilities include: selling items such as laptops, computers, and other electronics. Also, I helped to inform customers of product specifications as well as with buying decisions. On occasion, I also perform services on customers’ personal computers such as diagnostics, virus removal, and software and hardware installation.

Previously, I worked as an office supplies associate for the same company, where my responsibilities included assisting customers with their office supply needs, handling customer merchandise returns, issuing refunds and store credits, and providing back-up cashiering during busy periods.
Staples from Management
General Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: a lot of training.
Cons: unfair place to work.
A typical day at Staples very busy for a manager, leading the sales, the customer sales culture, making sure to drive all Corporate initiatives. From directing all the Store Operations to oversee Inventory Control, Shrink Control, Truck, In stock, End caps, Store Maintenance and Keeping a high level of Standards.

I Learned a lot from all the training, DM and other managers.

The best part of this experience it is that I worked always with amazing teams.

The hardest part of working there are a lot of bureaucracy, low innovation and would probably be the heavy customer service due to lack of employees on shift.

The Company is closing hundreds of stores and they are moving to the online sales.

The most enjoyable part of the job are always are the customers.
Get alot of exercise
Shipping and Receiving Worker (Current Employee), Beloit, WIJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good benifets - plessent management
Cons: low concerns for safety and employee feedback
Labor intensive. Low concerns for safety and workers feed back.. Supervisors and management are plesent people to work with.
bad
Sales Associate/Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), Wilson, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: everyone usually gets along with one another
Cons: too many to mention
I worked here for 8 years. Hours are bad for part timers because you cannot get over 25 a week anymore, (new company policy) so your hours are constantly cut while new folks get hired.
Hiring wages are usually minimum wage and the raises are insulting. You do get one every year though, they are just bad. You are expected to do a million things at once for little pay. There is no chance of being promoted as they hire new employees for any openings That would be full time or management.
I stayed so long in hopes of a better position with this company and even earned a bachelor's degree while working here and still nothing so I have moved on. They do offer a scholarship after you have worked for them awhile which I did take advantage of. They paid for some of my degree. It's a good place to work if you just need something to do, but don't make it a career choice unless you're hired as a manager.
This was a nice part-time job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: interaction with people
I used this job to supplement my income while working for EDS. I loved the sales end of this job.
Great company that is a fun enviroment and has opportunites to build a career.
Mobility and Technology Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Rome, NYJanuary 25, 2015
I was able to move up within the company in no time at all. The managers are willing to help you learn as well as point out weakneses to build and strengthen them. Overall the company is great to be a part of.
Delivery Route Driver (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: work hours
Cons: mandatory cuts
The managers were always very open about letting us know how we were doing as a team and what we needed to do to achieve our goals.
Retail Management
General Manager (Former Employee), Claremont NhJanuary 24, 2015
Retail Management Retail Management Retail Manage Retail Management Retail Management Retail Management Retail Management Retail Management Retail Management Retail Management Retail Management Retail Management Retail Management Retail Management Retail Management Retail Management Retail Management Retail Management Retail Management Retail Management
Great company to work for
SDO/ PRODUCTION/ TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Pembroke Park, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: pay, breaks, benefits
A family oriented culture, where everyone is treated and respected equally
there is always someone new or moving up in managment
Cashier, Tech Support (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2015
okay people that try to look out for you just as if you were family
Not so great
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Very poor management.Co workers are great.
Needs to replace whole management with professional people.
Great way to introduce oneself into the technology market
EasyTech Certified Technician (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Staples is a great place for aspiring technicians to get their start, as the issues presented are fairly simple and not likely to overwhelm an upstart tech. However, Staples is an office supply store, and not generally known well for having the latest tech. For technicians who want to jump in to the latest and greatest technology, Staples may be too far back of a start, since most computers that come in are fairly older models, and the ones sold by the store tend to be mid-line consumer models, and not the most powerful on the market.
great company poor managment
IT support - customer support (Former Employee), pensylvaniaJanuary 22, 2015
Staples is a great company but with poor management after working there almost a year and selling 200,000 worth of sales new management came in and fired 3 people
healthy and productive work environment
Easy Tech Sales Associate (Former Employee), Palm Coast, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: healthy work environment
Cons: no cons
A typical day included helping customers on the sales floors, writing work orders for computers, restocking shelves, cleaning easy tech bench. i learned how to manage stock, help customers with certain needs, the fundamentals of customer service. management was excellent, never not helping. All co-workers got along very well and worked together as a unit. hardest part of the job is to put the printers on the top shelves as some of them are very heavy. best part about the job are the customers and the stories they have.
Productive store to work at and they order pizzas each month as an appreciation of their employees and have promotions for the hard workers.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Danvers, MAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free pizzas and promotions!
Cons: the pay rate and benefits
I enjoy working for Staples very much. Although it has no relation to the filed of addictions, it keeps me busy and around people and the public. I enjoy working alone or as a team member and I feel I go above and beyond for this company as far as the scheduling goes and the availability I have made myself available for at short- notice; mainly. The management treats me with dignity and respect and speaks to me as an equal. They have sat me down 2 times and said that I was going to be promoted to the head of my department which is office supplies and they have recognized and appreciated all of my hard work that I have put in for them. I don't get paid much but I do enjoy having a schedule which is set for the employees each Thursday and I like the consistency of the work I provide and the work that is expected of me. The hardest part of the job, I feel, is coming up with alternative ideas for certain projects or items the customers may be looking for. I find that it can be challenging at times but it forces me to be creative and to show the customer that the services I am providing for them during their visit to Staples- be a pleasant and enjoyable one! My coworkers are all very helpful and work extremely well as a team. We all get along very well and I am very comfortable working with them- we have a lot of fun and laughs throughout our shifts, usually. They are a majority of high school and college students so sometimes I feel a little "old" but I can keep right up with them with the energy and charisma which I try to portray to both my coworkers and to the customers. I enjoy each different parts of my job but like working the cash register the least because once you are assigned that position for however long they might keep me there for, you cannot leave and attend to customers or show customers were certain products/ items may be located or cannot help them with the furniture, etc. because you are not allowed to leave the register and move throughout the floor.
Great staff to work with
Overnight Stock Agent (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: working over night
Met great co-workers that recruited me to bed bath and beyond. Hardest part of job was working over night. The most enjoyable part was watching closely how Pat managed us and the skills he used.
Staples Employee Review
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Goodyear, AZJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day at work is greeting every customer entering the door with a smile, operating a cash register, directing customers and/or walking the customer to the merchandise and replenishing the shelves. My co-workers and I work as a team in helping each other to provide excellent customer service. Management is very understanding and cooperative in working with their employees' schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure the customer is having a good shopping experience in our store. Seeing them leave with a smile is rewarding. We do out best in providing the merchandise they are looking for. If we don't have the merchandise in stock, we always give the opinion of ordering it on-line for them. And having it shipped to their desired destination.
they we're so understanding with school schedule
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), whittier, caJanuary 21, 2015
they were able to work school schedule and work around my schedule.
Team effort makes the day go by swiftly
Copy & Print Associate (Current Employee), New York, New YorkJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: unruly customers at times
Management is good and very knowledgeable. I love my co-workers they are what make the job fun and exciting. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unruly and nasty customers at times. The most enjoyable part is when you get customers who love the work you've done.
Good place to grow
Easy Tech Associate (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 21, 2015
Learned a lot from training and mangers.
Flexible work hours

1 2 3 4 5

About Staples

There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer – Read more