Staples Employee Reviews

Found 5,665 reviews matching the search
sales sales sales
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 26, 2017
very fast paced around holidays, scheduling sucks. pay was decent. managers were ok when they weren't stressed out. for a office supply store you would thing its very calm and cool. not the case when you work there,
it is going out of business
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAJune 25, 2017
you feel that you are just a number and they treat you that way . If you want tell human resources your supervisor will make you feel in a way way to go and not say a word
Pros
people are nice
Cons
lots of upper manament are jerks
A cool job to get experience
EASY TECH ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 25, 2017
Staples is a good job to start. You learn a lot about retail and you interact with a bunch of different people and co-workers. The best part of the job is definitely the co-workers in my opinion. The customers have to be the worst. The amount of attitude you get and the denial when you try to make a sale is insane. I can say this job made me hate people. Aside from that Management can be a pain due to their bosses constantly being on their neck about selling a product that doesn't even work. But once you get a hang of things, everything becomes simple and easy... until the new people come in.
Pros
Weekly checks
Cons
Customers are horrible, minimum wage
Great associates
Tech Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJune 25, 2017
I really like the people that work there. What kept me there this whole time were the people that work there. Great clientele too. There are a lot of loyal and kind customers.
Do not work for this company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNJune 24, 2017
Not too many great things to say about this company. No competitiveness for better wages. Everyone is stuck in their own little circle when it comes to work. They come in, clock in, work and clock out.
Very Productive
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 24, 2017
Staples is a great place to work and it is really competitive. A typical workday includes helping customers and ensuring that you get the correct products that they came in looking for. A lot of coaching and training with the associates to ensure they have the product knowledge and ability to close the sale.
Enjoyed my time at Staples
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 23, 2017
Great customers, and interesting products.
Loved working in the copy center. A great experience to challenge your creativity.
Monthly bonus for all associates a possibility.
Good Atmosphere
B2B Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2017
Great Culture to work in. Tough is you have a territory that has too many reps. Company only promotes internally which is a plus, but takes awhile to achieve a better paying position.
I am so tired of doing these reviews
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 23, 2017
Staples is a good place to work. Terrible pay, but awesome to work at. Very family oriented company. Dont really know what else to say besides that. Pretty much your run of the mill entry level job.
Productive and comfortable workplace
Cashier/Print & Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 23, 2017
Staples has been an excellent place to work in so far. Within the location I work in the management makes sure to be functional, but doesn't push their employees to the point of exhaustion or being sick. They care about their workplace.
A typical workday for me is fairly busy since I work within the Print and Marketing Department, which stays fairly busy throughout the year.
I like it because it keeps me on my toes, there is never a dull moment.
Hardest part of my job is making sure every order gets done within a timely fashion. It can tend to be fairly problematic if we promise a customer one thing, and it isn't done promptly.
Pros
Occational Free lunches, decent pay and wonderful coworkers
Cons
Benefits tend to be fairly difficult to set up according to coworkers, and doesn't have any benefits available for part time employees
Amazing benefits for full time
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 22, 2017
People usually work here who stick around because of the benefits. Payroll is constantly being cut by corporate so if you are part time dont get mad at your managers, its beyond their control.
Pros
Management training program if you want a career within the company
Cons
What breaks?
decent place
INVENTORY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCJune 22, 2017
overall, staples isn't a terrible place to work. It is just the store I was working at of course but the management sorta sucked and was very difficult to wok with. The other employees are the only thing that kept me there for as long as I stayed.
staples
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 22, 2017
it was an ok company to work for, the hours were unstable and would often cause some conflict with my personal life. My managers were awesome! Had a different crowd of people come in everyday.
Okay part time job I guess...
Associate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, NJJune 22, 2017
Overall working here is boring and your assignments are very repetitive. If you're young and interested in a part time then this is okay, but compensation is very low.
Great opportunity for advancement
Fulfillment Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIJune 22, 2017
A typical day would include finding out our goals/tasks for the day and giving that information out to associates at a start up meeting. Delegating tasks or locations to associates based on their skill level. Keeping up with payroll, making sure we are hitting goal, VTO associated based on production levels.
Large turnover
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 21, 2017
Very large turnover for B2B sales. constant changes with in the company. They will often change sales goals. lots of write ups and turnover. The small business sector sales people aren't given the tools they need to suceed.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
so much turnover, and changes with in the sales process.
Dead-End Retail
Easy Tech Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10463June 21, 2017
As a retail store I doubt Staples is very different from many other stores. For the amount of work they wanted us to do we were not paid nearly enough. Everything felt orchestrated so as to extract the maximum amount of work from us while paying as little as possible. Also we were told to lie to customers and say that we didn't have expensive electronics hardware in stock if the customer didn't want to purchase a protection plan.
It was a great place to work
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 21, 2017
Staples overall was a good place to work and I met a lot of great people.I learned many things over the years which helped develop me into a strong manager.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2017
I worked with Staples for about 15 months , it is a great job. You meet different kinds of people on a daily basis , just being able to satisfy a customers needs is a great feeling . Only disadvantage is that all position's are part time except for management. Another disadvantage is it takes a very long time before you're given the opportunity to grow from a sales associate into management . Otherwise overall , i enjoyed my 15 months working with Staples.
Very unreasonable standards and policies
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILJune 21, 2017
I was the certified technician and the unrealistic standards they set were something else. management often lied about policies in order to get you to do what they wanted. The pressure to sell plans was through the roof although not impossible to reach these goals the associates were often not taught about said plans policies and the way they worked. Being a Tech at staples is very stressful due to the fact that you are the only thing on the floor so all the sales pressure leans on you. Management was very hard to work with and if i had a nickel for every time i was told one thing and another was done i could have retired and moved to Florida by now. I'll be honest if they put more effort into catering their employees as well as educating them with equipment and policies then it would have been as bad. The main issue i ran across in store 0380 was management and the constant difficulty and lying. I will say once you get past the managers and some supervisors its like a family and some of the best people i have ever worked with, you know what they say "you quit your manager not your job" well unfortunately ive seen that numerous times at Staples but with the people you work with you can make the environment just tolerable enough to work. Overall i do not recommend Staples as a place of employment but hey who knows if you love to kiss the rear ends of managers and break policies and also love to lie to employees to make sure you get what you want then you might be a perfect match.
Pros
The people who i miss soo much, working next to target was nice
Cons
short shifts, hard to work with scheduling, management is unbearable, no real growth opportunities, no chances for full time unless you're a supervisor or higher, the work loads they put on associates is super high (techs mostly)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.