Staples Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,553 reviews matching the search
Professional, fun workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 24, 2016
Staples provides a nice environment for employees. The hardest part of this job is definitely the Back to School season! The checkout lines are endless! Management was friendly and accommodating.
great opportunity
Vice President - Global Technology Solutions (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 24, 2016
great place to work, nice work environment, looking for CIO role southeast close to our children, look forward to speaking with you about this opportunity
Great job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  London, OHAugust 24, 2016
I loved working here because it was so much fun I loved learning about the cars and how to assemble them. My supervisors were always available to help any worker who needed help or wanted to know something. They also paid very well could work all the overtime you wanted as well.
Pros
Free lunch long breaks fun environment
Cons
Long hours.
overall good company
FC Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York StateAugust 24, 2016
Company is a good company to work for. Management is very hands on and informative. Benefits, 401k, and salary are good.
Worst part of company is hours. Hours are horrible and there is no work life balance
Run!
Copy and Print Associate (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 23, 2016
After working for this company for 9 months, I would recommend you steer clear. They will avoid advancing anyone and will hire externally for any management positions. I have achieved multiple recognitions but have still been passed over 3 times for advancement/promotion. I have also been witness to employees who have worked for them for multiple years, being fired for doing nothing other than what was asked of them. I'm sure there are much more worthy companies to invest your time in. Let alone the fact that their pay is awful.
Pros
10% employee discount
Cons
You are lucky if you get a break or a lunch.
Great store to work for
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 23, 2016
Teaches you how to solve problems for yourself, while being given the motivation to do so. Its a great company overall to learn from and to grow.
Always had fun as we work the floors.
Front-End Manager (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 22, 2016
Working at Staples, We always had fun helping our customers find anything from pens & pencil to special order items. I enjoyed helping customer in our copying center where we helped design anything from business cards to books and personal calendar.
Pros
Women in management were paid less then the males
Not the greatest job
Customer Service/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Belle Vernon, PAAugust 22, 2016
Understaffed. Unorganized. Very unprofessional. Managers need way more training. Especially on how to talk to customers AND associates.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
no breaks, unprofessional, unorganized, managers/supervisors not trained, horrible pay
a good job with easy going co workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 22, 2016
The job is easy and the people you work with are great. The manager has built up a really great team that are easy to get along with and work well in a team.
Pros
easy going, great managers
Cons
short breaks
the company is behind in times there hourly pay does not match the cost of living and they run there good employees out of the building
Staples Mobility Tech Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDAugust 22, 2016
Typical Retail Job 10% of the staff does 100% of the work and the remaining staff does nothing but gossip and blame others for there problems.
Pros
Most Store and Sales managers understand the struggle
Cons
Upper management are all yes men and don't thing for themselves
Decent Place To Work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYAugust 22, 2016
Its an ok place to work. As a General Manager you are given a ridiculous payroll budget and because of this it always feels like there are not enough people working.
A very dependable company to work for and they offer good benefits.
Production Worker/Forklift Operator/QA. (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAAugust 20, 2016
I had a great experience working at staples, somewhat hard work and fast pace but gained alot of experience. i got the opportunity to learn how to operate a fork lift, electric pallet jack. I also worked in the returns department and learned how to process the returns merchandise. and worked in the break pack department selecting store orders.
Pros
they offer opportunity for growth in the company.
Cons
Very hard and heavy work by requirering to lift up to 50lbs continously.
horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 20, 2016
You share desk with people and they penalize you for you not being able to log on to the phone on time because they do not have enough desk for how many employees work there. Sometimes you wonder if the leads there know what they are talking about, and unless they have done a system update their software is horrible and loops you around.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 20, 2016
The reason I stopped working there is because I went back home in Bangladesh for a family matter and when I came back I had to focus in my classes.
Do not apply!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLAugust 19, 2016
Horrible place to work. You don't get hours to support yourself unless you're a manager and hours get cut all the time. You're lucky to get paid $150 every week. DO NOT APPLY!
Pros
No drug testing, paid weekly
Cons
Poor hours
Bad work environment with horrible management
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJ 08096August 18, 2016
Just as an example, an elderly employee nearly collapsed at work and barely had any idea where he was. I helped him into the break room, he could not walk on his own, and the managers spent time trying to find the phone number for the insurance company to see if they could legally make him keep working. They yelled at me for calling 9-1-1. He wound up discovering that this attack was the onset of unfound lung cancer.
Good IT job, bad management
Computer Technician/IT Support (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAAugust 18, 2016
My coworkers were amazing, all college students and we had competition with selling all the time.
Only problem was the management did not care about us, just about numbers. Not what the customers want to hear.
Good Company
Office Supply Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXAugust 17, 2016
I enjoyed working for Staples. It was a good company to work for with friendly people. I would have stayed longer if I hadn't graduated and they could have paid more then minimum wage for my current sales job.
High school job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILAugust 17, 2016
Easy, fun people, good pay for a high school student. Friendly co-workers. Took care of customers and kept the shelves stocked. Trained with knowledge on products and offered on the job training to keep you up to date on new products.
Busy, Hectic work place but fun and interesting customers and employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Great Barrington, MAAugust 17, 2016
I worked here for four years because my manager was like a second mom to me. She helped and taught me things no one ever did. She took a chance on me and showed me how to step my game up and move up the corporate ladder.
Pros
somtimes free wifi, or pizza if one of the managers bought lunch for everyone
Cons
not enough hours, no health insurance, and you got written up for other people mistakes