Staples
3,282 reviews

Staples Employee Reviews

Terrible raises
Sales Associate (Former Employee), South Bend, INJune 1, 2015
Pros: Nice customers. The asst. Manager is the best person I've ever met.
Cons: Good luck getting a break, rude employees, bad raises and hours
Your raise is only once a year which is @ 10 cents if you're lucky. Even as a cashier you are expected to handle all calls, every customer (you handle customer service needs while cashiering/answering phone calls) and you have to do 5 things at once getting paid minimum wage. Half the people there hate their jobs but they have to put up with it for low money. Also you work at 5 pm on Thanksgiving and have to come back at 5am for black friday. You're literally better off at any other retail store.
great work environment with and excellent staff.
EasyTech Mobility and Tech Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Southbury, CTJune 1, 2015
Pros: Being looked up to and helping every customer find what they need
Cons: Lots of knowledge required to work in the tech field.
A typical work day for me consisted of ensuring that the tech department was neat, clean, properly set, and filled to capacity so every customer could find what they needed. I also was responsible for making sure that all of my associates were properly trained and confident with their selling abilities as well as holding them responsible for their tasks at hand. I learned a lot in the field of technology and also how to be a good leader of my team and also how to work well with others. Our management at staples had a lot on our plates. Over all we worked well together and did what ever it took to get the job done right. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult or angry customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help every customer find what they came in to get or fix any technology related issues they had. Being able to put a smile on a customers face was a wonderful feeling.
Okay
Onsite Technician (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJune 1, 2015
Pros: on time lunches
Cons: not everyone pulled wight
It was a good place to work for but offered little chance of advancement, also wouldn't offer any more hours despite obviously being short handed.
job
Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 31, 2015
I truly appreciate my team and my management staff we all share a very good chemistry we love working as a team and respect each other. I have learned a lot from them such as how to manage a team really well and be successful.
fun and rewarding
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Maspeth, NYMay 31, 2015
Pros: free lunch for the besdt selling associate
Cons: they, sometimes didnt pay you for all your hours, or over work you
i love workin at astaples the staff is friendly, but most of all i love my customers , they remember me and most usually come in for my help specifically , the co workers love me because when ever they needed someone to cover a shift or a lunch break i was happy to help, if they didnt understand the task handed to them i would step in and help. i am always willing to help, i helped the mangers come up with ideas for what should be stocked on the shelves i was mostly incharge of pull lits and the clearance area,i could find all the best products that would be sold right away.
Productive and inspiring
Sales Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 31, 2015
Pros: 60min lunch breaks, clean environment, break room, training room
Cons: In some locations the back to school season can easily overwhelm a store, Staff can be there replenishing/ resetting the store up until 2am.
Nice company to work for that is shines on the technology aspect and big with customer service. Good place to start with regarding information technology and has opportunity to grow into management.
Nice place to work
Keyholder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIMay 31, 2015
Customer service, stocking, price changes, prepared daily deposits, open/close the store, great employees to work with, cashier, shipping and receiving
Flexible but difficult for advancement and poor benefits.
Easy Tech Associate (Current Employee), Newark, DEMay 31, 2015
Pros: Flexibility.
Cons: Health care, benefits, lack of hours, difficulty in advancement.
Your average manager will generally be good but will depend upon which location you work at. The best part of working for this company is that its very flexible with your personal life and if you are using it as your second job to another Full/Part time job. The bad parts of working for this company would most definitely be the lack of benefits, the lack of actual hours given to all stores, and the large amount of time it takes to advance through the company.
A fair place to work.
DRIVER REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Ontario, CAMay 30, 2015
Pros: nice people to work with and great customers.
Cons: delivery trucks are in terrible condition.
delivering supplies to current customers in san bernardino and riverside county. i have learned how to multi task and to work together to meet corporate sales goals and stops per hour goals. management seems to struggle due to the strict timelines, but is able to keep the team positive on a daily basis. the hardest part of my job is explaining to customers as to why their order is not being delivered in full. this is due to lack of fullfillment and lack of communication between customer service informing the customer that a product is backordered or not available. the most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with my customers and helping them find a product that fits their needs.
energetic,fun, and exposure to all kinds of people
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TxMay 30, 2015
Pros: fun, happy, and everyone gets along
Cons: angry customers
It is a fun challenging atmosphere working at Staples. Interaction with different cultures is always a plus! and very energetic place to work at.
great company to work for with exceptional benefits
Team Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 29, 2015
Pros: meet new people
Cons: short lunch and not enough incenitives
Very fun to work with other associate, fast paced, learning experience good for those who wnt to learn about easy tech or Copy and Print
engaging work but low benefits
Resident Technician (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMay 29, 2015
Pros: growing tech knowledge, travel, full time
Cons: very low pay, no benefits
I was responsible for all the tech repairs at my store as well as assisting customers with their tech repair needs. I worked with people to diagnose the problem and help repair their computer, printer, or home network both in store or on site. The difficulty was that it was difficult to give customers a fair price for repairs based on what were company policies. I often felt we were overcharging for repairs that took me little to no time to complete. I loved the people I got to work with and thoroughly enjoyed the work. I also made very little money for the amount of technical work I was expected to complete.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Indiana, PAMay 29, 2015
My time working at Staples Inc. was a good opportunity to gain sales, customer service, and team working experience. Everyday I went in to work management worked well to give you an outline of what needed to be done around the store. Co-workers were also very helpful and team oriented as well.
Decent workplace but there is better
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAMay 29, 2015
Cons: management
Not much hours unless your ok with working between 10 and 15 hours a week,. Managers don't cross train in other departments. some members of management are not the greatest while some are great.
Extremely fun workplace
Marketing Operations Co-op (Former Employee), Framingham, MAMay 29, 2015
As a part of the marketing department in the Framingham office, each month there were events such as raffles and lunches. Despite the marketing department being so big, these events ensured that everyone knew each other and stayed in communication. I think that the entire marketing department was amazing; everyone was so kind and always willing to help and explain.
Decent WorkEnvironment
General Manager (Current Employee), OhioMay 28, 2015
Pros: Room for advancement
Cons: Contradicting opinions and vision
Very challenging and rewarding work environment

Focus on service to the customer and sales results

Very operational company, will need to strive to find time to coach and train if you want to be successful
PRODUCTIVE WORKPLACE
CASHIER (Current Employee), WALDORF MDMay 28, 2015
A TYPICAL WORK DAY IS BUSY. I'VE LEARNED HOW TO BETTER DEAL WITH CUSTOMERS. I LIKE MY STORE MANAGER AT STAPLES. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB CAN SOMETIMES DEALING WITH TH CUSTOMERS SOME OF THE RUDE ONES THAT COME IN. THE GOOD PART ABOUT WORKING IS THE CUSTOMER
organization good but only fair implementation
I work as a technical advisor (Current Employee), Easley, SCMay 28, 2015
Pros: Inventory control and merchandising
Cons: Because the hours were spread over the week it was like working full time
My main responsibility was to stock merchandise and sell electronic devises. They were more interested in form than function. Employees were enjoyable to work with. I learned how the retail trade like Staples works.
Standard Workplace Job
Cashier (Current Employee), Central Valley, NYMay 28, 2015
It adequately suffices what is needed of such a job. It offered a chance to grow, work as a team and network through the copy center where I work.
Working with professionals was great networking
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), Miramar, FLMay 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Closing the store down
I loved working for Staples. They were a very good company and they provide wonderful benefits to help their employees. My co-workers were friendly and easy to work with. I miss working there.

1 2 3 4 5

About Staples

There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer – Read more

Staples Salaries