Staples
3,261 reviews

Staples Employee Reviews

If you're looking for a solid company to grow with, Staples is the place to be!
CDK Copy and Print Account Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 20, 2015
I have been with the company for about 2 years and I love it! The management team rally's behind you and encourages you to grow and move up in the company. There is ongoing training opportunities not only for the role that you are in but for additional fields as well. The mentor program is a valuable asset both to the company as well as to the staff. The pay could be a little better in some of the roles that I have had but the benefits are good and the advancement potential is limitless.
Productive and Great people to work with
Fulfillment Center Associate II (Former Employee), Montgomery, NYMay 20, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Management
The staffing is great and everyone really helps new hires out. There are number job responsibilities one could take on however, the work conditions are unsafe and the workplace in general may be dangerous.
Fast pace work enviroment with great personalities
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 19, 2015
Pros: Flexible great co workers
Cons: healthcare
Staples delivery operation is a high paced - customer friendly oriented atmosphere. I enjoy the daily challenges of scheduling the routing assignments to maximize our day to day productivity. The hardest part of my job is maintaining our level of service at 98%. The management team is very flexible and understanding. The voice of the team is valued. I've learned as a leader of the Transportation department that communication, follow up, employee recognition and taking the time to get to know your team on a personal level improves the teams moral and overall performance. It's a win win situation.
Great Place to work
Copy & Print Associate (Former Employee), 776 8th Ave, Manhattan, NY 10036May 19, 2015
Pros: Not extremely demanding, easy to pick up, get to meet a lot of people
Cons: you have to be on your feet a lot, there can be a lot of pressure to keep the customers happy
Working at staples was very rewarding, I had a great time and I got to interact with a lot of people every day. I got to work with a lot of different copy & print services as well which was a very rewarding experience. The co-workers were great to be with generally a great group of people that help and support each other as a team. The hardest part would be having to constantly get on top of tasks which may be tough if you don't know how to work quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job is making all of the customers happy.
great customer service
Easy Tech Supervisor (Former Employee), arizonaMay 19, 2015
Pros: freindly enviorment
Cons: I spent to much money on electronics working there.
The team I worked weith was great. Communication was detailed making it easy for everyone to know what duties to do for the day.
The manager always went above and beyond to make sure everything went as smooth as possible. The hardest part of the job would be making sure everyone got their tasks done on time whie also getting mine done. the best part of the job is when you help a customer and you know they are leaving your store completly statisfied wither their purchase and service.
Sr. Certified Technician (Former Employee), Vestal, NYMay 19, 2015
Loved it.
This work place was innovative, flexible, and a positive work experience.
It is too bad it was closed down after being liquidated.
Great place to excel but the management is poorly trained
Easy Tech Associate (Former Employee), lewiville txMay 19, 2015
Pros: great opportunity
Cons: poor management
The work environment was a great place, but the management was not trained properly on various situations that forced the stores productivity to crumble.
It's starting to go down hill
Copy (Current Employee), ALMay 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits, ok pay, holidays are off or flexible
Cons: clueless upper management, poor training, poor coverage
I've done almost everything across the store and have experienced the same problem: upper management provides very little training, scant employee spreads, and almost impossible goals. These people expect you to be the only one in your section for an entire shift, then complain when nothing is done. Nothing can get done when you have to hold your customer's hand down every single aisle. We don't have time to be personal shoppers, and do our work. The coupons are ill worded and often the codes are broken leading to massive customer abusive of them. If you are in copy and print, you have to make a payment ticket for every little thing which on an average day takes a total of one hour out of your time.... 1/6 hours is spent typing something up for orders usually under $10.
There was a great culture but the management fluctuations made things tough at times.
Easy Tech Supervisor (Former Employee), Madison, TNMay 18, 2015
The job was good, I liked the way the company wanted me to perform and the other workers, but the fluctuation of managers made for an unstable work environment.
great working environment
customer service representative (Former Employee), Westminster, MDMay 18, 2015
Pros: good working schedules
Cons: less hours
well organised with clean environment. great co- workers, great products and very well organised place to work.i learned about how to seel,fix computers and handle customer sevice.
Cashier (Former Employee), Akron, OHMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great breaks
Cons: none
I worked for 4-9hrs a day.
Everyone there is very kind and helpful, if you dont know something they will show you how do it.
The hardest part of my job was to put the printers in overstock because sometimes they were so heavy
Very Conservative Work Environment
National Account Manager (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSMay 18, 2015
Pros: allow one to think out side of box
Cons: Not competitive with compensation
Cultivate partnership-type relationships with national customer management. Develop and deliver strategies and tactics to offset competition and to develop new customer prospects. Coordinate customer’s locations tactical profit management to ensure customer are receiving best value. Conduct customer business reviews to support and update assigned service locations. Manage procurement mix and to ensure customer’s policy compliance at customer’s local, division, and corporate level. Took national hotel purchasing group from $0 to $1.9 million in sales in nine months. Collaborated with retail sales to develop fact based sales story. Monitored competitive activity and identify threats that pre-empt distributors loses. Utilize analytic tools daily to compliment SKU rationalization analysis with assortment and recommendations.
I would not recommend
Sales and Services Manager (Current Employee), NYMay 17, 2015
Pros: Vacation time
Cons: Culture, benefits, communication, motivational strategy and antiquated systems
The culture is the worst I've ever experienced. They refuse to move on from long term bad upper management. The feedback process was usually through threatening emails to various store personnel. The VP's, RM's and district managers understand where they want to go with the business, but the tenured GM's simply continue to endorse mediocrity by how they behave and what they allow.
wish it was bestbuy
Resident technician (Supervisor) (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 17, 2015
Pros: easy to get in
Cons: no real advancement
staples is a great company to start working if you have not had any other jobs before. because they are flexible and they can hire you without any experience. however, they will never promote you unless you are willing to accept no real raise and triple responsibility.
GOOD
TECHNOLOGY SALES EXPERT (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAMay 17, 2015
GOOD PLACE TO WORK AND EXCELLENT MANAGEMENT TEAM. NOT ENOUGH HOURS FOR ME, HOWEVER. LOOKING FOR PART-TIME JOB TO SUPPLEMENT INCOME.
good place to work
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLMay 17, 2015
Staples is a safety oriented company. Their top priority next to saftey is customer satisfaction. Stapes cares about their employees .
Hardworking & busy
Copy and Print Associate (Former Employee), Morrow, GAMay 16, 2015
a typical day at work is busy and unpredicatable. i learned copy & print and designing work, the management os ok but could be better. my co-workers are awesome. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers. the most enjoyable pasrt of the job was being able to help others
Goal oriented retail environment
EasyTech Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Rockwall, TXMay 16, 2015
Fun environment and a really good place to hone your skills in selling as well as inventory management. The training is fantastic and very instructive and the policies are very easy to understand and follow.
Fun workplace
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Smyrna, TNMay 15, 2015
Pros: Fun upbeat atmosphere
Cons: Long hours for managers
Great place to work. Good benefits and decent hours. You get to meet a lot of interesting people. The people you work with are friends for life.
Enthusiastic WorkPlace
Customer Service Rep/Cashier (Former Employee), Leominster, MAMay 14, 2015
I loved working for staples, the people there were great!

I enjoy customer service, even though it was tricky at times, i enjoy helping others resolve issues.

Hardest part of the job were the hours, I worked the night shift.

My co-workers were the best

I learned how to sell protection plans and became proficient in signing members up for rewards cards.

About Staples

There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer – Read more

Staples Salaries