Staples Employee Reviews

Found 5,535 reviews matching the search
Typical Part-time job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 23, 2017
Staples only hires part timers, you have to work there for atleast a year or more to be even considered to move up. If you are 18 and in school great first or second job for that year, but anyone older, would not recomend, pay is almost a dollar above minimum wage.
Great management and staff, poor company goals
COPY & PRINT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMay 23, 2017
I worked in the copy and print department for over a year. The management and staff were amazing. They did what they could with what they were given. That being said, the company itself was lousy with hours and proving that they cared about their employees. I was only allowed to work 24 hours a week even when 2 of the 4 employees in my department quit. The copy and print supervisor and myself had to handle the department on our own 7 days a week which meant stretched hours with no real time to even enjoy our 30 minute lunch break. The manager did what they could to help along with supervisors from other departments,but the lack of care on the company's part led me to leave. That and the fact that their pay was too close to minimum wage for the amount of work and experience we put in to helping small businesses achieve their own goals.
productive work place with good attitudes.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 23, 2017
Typical day at work include stocking the merchandise unloading the truck and making sure the store is clean. Greeting the costumers as they walk through the door.
Good team work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMay 23, 2017
I enjoyed the team work among the staff and how smoothly things ran through day to day. And it showed by having reoccurring customers who knew how well we worked together.
Gm
General Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 23, 2017
No life balance. Under market compensation. Out of focus DM/RM. No advancement after GM. Good place to start a career and build sales, leadership and retail experience.
Fast past moving enviroment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMay 23, 2017
I received my forklift certification and that was my first job. this job hours are very long and hard on your feet. they are strict and want u to finish at a certain time
Wack
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAMay 23, 2017
Staples was a really relaxed chill place to work at. Demands weren't too high except for meeting a quota of warranties on products we had to meet which was sometimes challenging.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Quotas
Productive and busy enviorment
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 22, 2017
A great place to work for college students, great flexibility ! Perfect place for for your first job if your a teen ! The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with friendly and grateful customers.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed working with my team in the store. The problem with this job is the same as any retail job not being paid enough for what you are doing for the store.
Tech Sales Asssociate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAMay 22, 2017
Typical work day would consist of greeting a customer that walked into my section. Assisting the customer in what they were looking for in my department. Also everything had to look very presentable to the public all items were put in very specific places that we have to remember.
Pros
Wasn't anything that stood out everything was normal.
Cons
barely any benefits
Good Job
Easy Tech Associate (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 22, 2017
Ordinary retail job. Managers okay. Coworkers sometimes crazy. Nothing out of the ordinary. Back in 2016 corporate told everyone except managers that no one could get above twenty-five hours, or that General Manager of store would get the ax. All because the president wrote that anyone working thirty plus hours should be given health insurance and the like. Instead Staples corporate did what any corporation would do, and cut its workers down even more. Bad enough fifty years ago you could work a forty hour job and provide for yourself on your own. Now the people who hire you expect you to do a forty hour workload in under twenty-five hours.
Pros
Good coworkers. Nice atmosphere.
Cons
Corporate are sharks.
It could be better somewhere else
Easy Tech Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, FLMay 22, 2017
Depending which store you work at and who the manager is things are different. The last store I worked at they desperately needed a store manager because they would bring people in, they would stay a little while and realizing the stress would soon quit. Then they hired a former office depot manager who hired all his buddies from his old job and silently demoted and gave less hours to all the people who actually stuck around. It could be a good job, just make sure your manager cares about doing good and working with a team
Faster paced rated by a scoring system.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, CTMay 22, 2017
Starting out I would open all loading doors in the shipping docks. As product is dropped I would shrink wrap pallets by hand and label certain product as they are dropped. Repeat for 8 hours.
Pros
Working indoors
Cons
Constantly worrying about how fast you are or are not going.
It wasn't the most pleasant place to work.
Easy Tech Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 22, 2017
It had its ups and downs, but overall there is too much pressure on lower level employees and management doesn't understand the needs of their employees.
Cons
Pay, requirements
it was a good part-time for an undergrad student
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  tonelleMay 22, 2017
it was a good part-time for an undergrad student. I was hoping to work here longer but management let-go many new (or temporary associates) because the summer session ended. I am not surprised because many businesses hire many employees during coordinated periods of time, and give them small amount of hours in order to avoid paying health and medical expenses. It is quite smart.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYMay 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at Staples. It was a very small group of us working yet we made it work. We looked out for each other and made sure everything was in check. Store is huge with only about 10 workers at a time. Still, we got through it. Very easy-going job.
Constant Change
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 21, 2017
Didn't really mind it at first, but some recognition goes unnoticed or expectations for way too high when there aren't enough people in the department.
Has a very high turnover rate
Commerce Township - Copy and Print Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 21, 2017
The company is all about numbers and sales, and unfortunately they have overly high expectations to what some locations have as far as their customers and what they are willing to spend but Its really great that they price mach and make sure they have the lowest price of their competitors. I cant speak for other locations but my management at my location is probably some of the most negative and biggest complainers I have ever met. Not to mention they talk terribly about the others behind their back. I personally think the idea of Staples is great but there's still a lot of things they need to work on.
Pros
benefits, hours, pay
Cons
managment, sale goals, lack of "manditory" lunch break
Ordinary but not that bad
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAMay 21, 2017
Customers come and they go, help them out, stock shelves, talk with co-workers... nothing different than most retail jobs. Sometimes there are bad customers and sometimes there is too much to do, but in the end you come to work, do your job, and don't stress out.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
no full time unless you are a manager
Typical Work Day
Operations Support Senior Rep (Current Employee) –  Florence, KY 41042May 21, 2017
A typical day is very stressful as people do not work efficiently and no reprimand for actions. Seems like upper management does not care about their employees concerns. System has many issues and do not get fixed.
Pros
Convient
Cons
System Issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.