Staples Employee Reviews

Found 5,656 reviews matching the search
Good work life balance, competitive sales environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, NJJune 14, 2017
Competitive selling environment that relies heavily on customer service and operations. Delivering excellent customer service and exceeding sales goals are a requirement.
Learning experience
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 14, 2017
Their Christmas is back to school time. We had to work 6 days a week for about 6 weeks. The rest of the year was ok ,just 45 hours a week. It was fun to learn about the different aspects of small business customers.
Pros
Pay learning tech stuff
Cons
Trying to sell protection plans
Fun and exciting job
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 13, 2017
Open and closed the store. Great managers and print center. Enjoyed my time there. Store went low volume so i lost my position.
Would go back if given the chance
Terrible in my experience.
Easy Tech Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 13, 2017
Do not give majority of their workers more than 25 hrs a week. Managers are incompetent. Work tends to have its up and downs. Decent parttime job, not a place to be at longterm
Slightly fun but also annoying to work
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hackettstown, NJJune 13, 2017
When I work their they said that they would work around my schedule and then when sports started to have meets and that they gave me troubles about taking off from work from events
Loved it there!
Print and Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 13, 2017
I mainly liked working at my Staples because my boss was incredible and he was great to work for. Hated just the customers coming in right at close asking for something that takes 3 days to complete and also the systems they use are as old as the company.
Pros
Work isn't difficult or extremely demanding
Cons
Customer's impossible expectations, Old computer systems
Company Culture
SALES AND SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Tifton, GA 31794June 13, 2017
The Company has changed the culture of retail to make the company profitable for business. The work culture is team work, customer service. My management experience with this company has been a great learning curve from learning every aspect of the company and incorporating the culture to the employees.
Pros
Knowlege
Cons
Changing minds sets daily
Staples Review
Senior Matrix Agent (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJune 13, 2017
I've worked at Staples for 11 years. It has had its up and downs. At one time; I was working at home making good money then got let go due to Staples removing my position. But, Staples as a whole is a good start pointing for anyone looking for a job.
Good job to start in workforce
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ponderay, IDJune 13, 2017
Staples was a great place to start in the real world. Typical day included basic retail needs, facing and stocking, assisting with customers needs and planograms in the store.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Only offered part time
ok retail job
Sales Associate/Stocking (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJune 13, 2017
ok retail job. if you like dealing with people this may be the job for you. from cashier to checkout its definitely some that you should enjoy.Management was ok.
Over all Good place to work, fun job; low pay & high turnover
Tech Supervisor (Current Employee) –  SCJune 12, 2017
Over all Staples isn't too bad to work for, great team and great benefits like paid time and healthcare insurance. However, with hour cuts and job security being thrown out the window with all the store closings, most of my associates seem to be losing moral very quickly.
Pros
Benefits are pretty Good.
Cons
Pay is not to living standards, high turnover, company closing fears
Great Environment
Print and Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAJune 12, 2017
It's a great environment to work in, the employees are great and it's a great learning experience. You're able to learn a lot about print and marketing which is useful in a world like this.
Retail work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 12, 2017
Stereotypical retail work , nothing extravagant , but consistent and reliable work that can get you through rough times or bring in a little extra cash for a simple job.
Pros
experience / consistent pay
Cons
dead end job / low pay
Worked with great people
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 12, 2017
The job was fun we would race pulling orders and loading the trucks plus if we finished early we would wor in differen areas to learn other positions cause some people woul get burnt out with there position
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low pay
Fast paced work with supporting management
Print & Marketing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Gratiot, MIJune 11, 2017
A typical work day is fast paced. Lots of orders in the Print & Marketing department. The job is very stressful dealing with a ton of last minute clients as Staples endorses a sometimes unruly turn around time. Luckily my management team was incredibly supportive and helpful. The Print & Marketing department is not for the thin-skinned.
Pros
Employee Discount, Paid Vacation, Sick Pay, Good business hours
Cons
Need more Full Time Associates in various departments
not a fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sea Girt, NJJune 11, 2017
Not a very fun place to work at all. Many mean customers and unfriendly people. Probably one of the worst experiences one could find. Dreaded going into work.
Staples
Professional Copy and Print Specialist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCJune 11, 2017
Staffing was horrible, they don't do drug screening. Not enough hours and no order in the store. Didn't feel like my work was appreciated at Staples..
IT support and help desk
Easy Tech Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJune 11, 2017
A typical day at work involved selling electronics, repairing customers hardware, stocking the floor, and working the register. I was pretty savvy with computers going into the job, so it all came natural to me. The hardest part was definitely dealing with the customers when their device wasnt repairing properly or having issues. Most of the time it could be fixed, but we had to ask for permission which usually ended with more questions and confusion. The most enjoyable part was working as a team to tackle issues and meet sales goals. It was a great group of guys.
Terrible Company
Technology Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 11, 2017
There are lot of things wrong with Staples as a company. Pay and benefits are bad even for retail, store managers are only concerned about themselves and their bonus. Typically they have no regard for their employees. The only help available is from other employees.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Store Management does not care.
Busy all the time
Copy and Print Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2017
I worked in the copy and print center so it was constantly busy since we were close to the United Nations in Manhattan. The customers were very impatient and rude.
Pros
first view on electronic items
Cons
management team are never on the same page

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.