Staples Employee Reviews

Found 5,534 reviews matching the search
Get ready to lose weight
Break pack associate (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIMay 16, 2017
you will lose weight walking .. Im part time and walk 10-12 miles a day there. Management some seem to just want to look for something to get people. So if you dont talk mind your own youre are good.
Pros
The give you lots of free lunchs, snacks, freebies, shirts
Cons
Management first shift are very rude, snippy, and are always looking to find something
Not My Cup Of Tea
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZMay 16, 2017
In the beginning it was great. Then I learned the favoritism that went on within the coworkers and management. When I had room for advancement it was not given. I was forced into a department I did not like, and when we lost the department supervisor, I was not given the position even though I had already been doing her responsibilities. Instead the manager gave the job to a current shift lead who I had to train as supervisor. Not fun when you have to train your own supervisor.
Cons
Sales culture with questionable direction
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Bluff, CAMay 16, 2017
Forced sales culture at cost of integrity. Constantly reminded of sales goal shortcomings and forced to offer inferior products such as liquid armour. Culture varies greatly from store to store.
Pros
Good lower management depending on store
Cons
Forced to compromise integrity with terrible products (ie liquid armour)
Throw someone under the bus is there policy!
Operational Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAMay 16, 2017
Manager does nothing but sit in the office and write write ups all day. Yells at everybody for the mistakes that she had made cuz it's what she wants us to do we do it exactly the way she wants the next day she comes in and tells us we did it all wrong and that she didn't tell us to do it that way a very stressful environment . There's at least one employee that cries everyday complaining about how she being treated by management
Pros
when managers not there everybody's happy relax
Cons
When managers there everybody stressed out
Whistle-blew & then lost my job
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 16, 2017
Reported a "top sales rep" who was ripping off the company. When found out by upper mgrs., they terminated me as all their commissions had to be returned.
I loved working for staples the ten years I was there
Bulk Order Filler (Former Employee) –  201 S. Northpoint, coppell txMay 16, 2017
I'm a loyal worker I got to work an hour early everyday. I was let go to to my attendence do to family members passing including my grandmother,brother. I ran out of vacation time to attend funeral.
Going downhill
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  North Kingstown, RIMay 16, 2017
11 years the company and it gets worse and worse every year. "Protime"..... unlikely.. "Make more happen with Less" is more fitting.

The company has is constently throwig processes against the wall to make something work. They dive into programs without properly testing. There is less freedom then every as a GM. You must go with the corporate flow or you are in big trouble
Pros
Co workers, Some stores have nice enviorment
Cons
Upper management, everything else
great starter job
Cashier / Easy Technician (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAMay 15, 2017
This job was a perfect job for me to get started. However there was not a whole lot of room to move up. One thing that I liked was that I was able to learn new computer skills that I did not know before and it was my first real job that was able to let me branch off and sell extras.
Unlimited Career Growth in a Teaming Environment
Talent Acquisition Specialist- Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 15, 2017
Fast pace recruiting environment with excellent recruiting sources and applications for sourcing candidates, I recruiters dream! High volume recruiting in a casual environment and a teaming work culture.

Excellent benefits and career growth for all candidates which is your best marketing tool as a recruiter. The hiring managers are always willing to share information on their sites and open positions.

Assigned to multiple requsitions that are diversified in location and position type.

Staples fosters a teaming environment and has excellent internal growth opportunities. The training programs and excellent and the company strives on a healthy and safe work place.
Pros
Diversity of assigned positions and available recruiting tools
Cons
Can be demanding at times but very rewarding
It was alright, Customers make it better.
Print Pro/Easy Tech Expert (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHMay 15, 2017
I worked in the copy and print center, it was fun working with local business owners. They really expect you to know what you're doing if you're working in the copy and print center.

Want to know more about Staples?

Ask a question
Fun working environment
Sales Associate, Print & Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTMay 15, 2017
Every single day was a good day at work. Management is very professional and they know how to work around school schedules. I loved working with my coworkers because they're cooperative and very nice people.
Pros
Employees are very nice
Great Workplace and Atmosphere
Tech Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTMay 15, 2017
Staples was a great place to work at. It taught me many skills such as communication, selling, and teamwork. The atmosphere created it is was very positive and productive.
Great Company
Print and Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NY 11030May 15, 2017
If you are in the Print & Marketing or Easy Tech department, you job can be stressful. Its a great environment to learn how well you work with other and how you react to deadlines
productive
Copy and Print Associate (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJMay 15, 2017
very busy and fast pace. its easy to learn i learned a lot about copy and print and working throughout the store. to work at staples you have to be willing to learn because there is alot of stuff you have to pay attention to detail to.
Team work is great
Copy and Print Associate (Current Employee) –  Turnersville, NJMay 15, 2017
Copy Center is a very busy and fast past environment. You have to be a people person as well as a hard worker. Need to be a be able to adapt well in all situations.
entry level job
Easy Tech Associate (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 15, 2017
it's a job, no more no less. Not so great company culture, great lack of advancement opportunities. Also, liquid armour is a scam, and you shouldn't force your employees to push this snake oil on your customers.
Fun Employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 15, 2017
Good part-time job
easy to comprehend job
not stressful
proper training was given
hardest part was lifting printers
best part was the fun employees
management was great
Overall it was a very good atmosphere to work in most of everyone got alone. Some days were more productive than others.
Breakpack Orderfiller (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 14, 2017
I really enjoyed the opportunity that I had working for Staples Warehouse. It was different for me because I've worked fast Food for over 18 yrs. It was easy work just not enough pay for the hrs you have to put in. I would go back to work for that company. What I hated the most was we didn't have central AC just fans and you would get hot in the warehouse it was miserable.
Pros
Raffles, contest, and cookouts
Cons
Short lunch breaks, and more pay.
excellant place
COPY CENTER ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Guntersville, ALMay 14, 2017
staples is a great company to work for, the management team really cares, and it has a great atomosphere. theres not much room for advancement, and it is only part time, those are the only cons to working for this company.
busy, data-centric but fun
Marketing Manager, North America (Current Employee) –  Framingham Center, MAMay 14, 2017
Very busy day at work. Cross functional campaign development, in heavily-matrixed organziation. Everyone knows everyone and is very supportive. Organized people will find career growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval