Staples
2,240 reviews

Staples Employer Reviews

Fast Paced environment providing great customer service
Easy Tech Associate (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 6, 2014
Pros: people oriented
Working with different types of customers who are tech savvy or less tech savvy, in providing them the best technology that will meet their needs. In addition, fixing customers computers that may be infected with viruses or need addition parts or services.
Good growing company with bad infra structure.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), new yorkJune 5, 2014
Pros: good pay structure.
Cons: very stressfull and mandatory overtime
Very bad mid level management. Store managers have way too much control. Very stressful work culture. Too much politics and favoritism at GM level and up. Company has great concepts and good pay structure. Enjoyed my time there but was given false promises of promotion and when time came they forgot me.
Fast Environment with Creative Problem Solving
COPY AND PRINT PRO (Current Employee), Muskegon, MIJune 5, 2014
Management greets me as my shift begins to discuss daily and weekly goals. I read over previous shift's notes on orders that have active projects. Email is used to check for new web submitted orders. As customers come in, I politely greet them and if working with another customer, I assure them I'll be with them shortly. If I'm working with many customers – more... and fall behind in my work, I page for a co-worker to assist me - it is a very fast paced environment and the ability to multi-task is a MUST! Customers are usually very grateful and appreciative of my assistance. – less
Productive workplace when there is actually staff.
EasyTech (Former Employee), Tifton, GAJune 5, 2014
Staples is the typical company that values money over customers. Skeleton crews are the norm at nearly every location. With the incredibly low wages, it is hard to remain productive when Staples already doesn't have the amount of people required to do the work.
its a very job productivebut not reliable bette job culture
Great opportunity for me to get some sales and printing experience.
Copy and Print Center Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Warwick, RIJune 4, 2014
Pros: gave me a great insight into the printing and sales profession.
Cons: inconsistent hours and poor pay rate
As Business Consultant on Duty, I had the opportunity to sell printing and marketing materials to customers throughout the store. Personally, my store knowledge allowed me to also assist customers with technology and office equipment needs as well. I regularly would oversee and take care of product placing and display set up.
little room to advance
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Towson, MDJune 4, 2014
Cons: little room for advancement, low pay
very little room to advance in company, low wages , unreliable hours
Outsourcing all IT jobs to India
IT Analyst (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJune 4, 2014
Cons: to many to list
Want's to be the next Amazon.
Notified 3 month before being laid off and then having our replacements from India come to Framingham to be trained by us to replace us.
A customer oriented technology supplier
Easy Tech Expert (Development Manager) (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MIJune 4, 2014
Pros: new technology and new people every day
Cons: low pay
A typical day at Staples involved meeting a lot of new people and helping them with their technical needs or computer problems.
I had the privilege of training quite a few young people, that I must say put a lot of energy and effort into learning technology.
I really liked meeting new clients daily, solving their problems was a rewarding experience.
computer repair
EasyTech Resident Technician (Former Employee), Pikeville, KYJune 4, 2014
• Provided a superior customer experience through quality service and assistance, basic and advanced technical system diagnostics and upgrades, and troubleshooting of issues ranging from hardware failures, to viruses, to incorrect customer purchases.
Ok work enviorment
Office Supply and Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Hicksville, NYJune 4, 2014
The coworkers are good to work with. Ive learned alot when it comes to warehouse and maintenance skills. The management is ok.
Fun Low Stress Enviroment
Copy and Print Supervisor (Former Employee), Bluefield, VAJune 4, 2014
Pros: flexable and fun, sales bonus
Cons: itchy uniforms, promise of promotion without follow through
Great company, Copy and Print center takes a certain breed of person to handle the repetitive demands
very stressfull
Sales Manager (Former Employee), sales and service managerJune 4, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: very stressfull and mandatory overtime
Senior management does not hold it self accountable and expects managers to get the best out of under paid hourly part time associates who have no hours or benefits.
Fun and friendly place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Great Falls, MTJune 3, 2014
Very enjoyable. Everybody is very friendly and welcoming. Tasks usually consist of answering the phone, operating the cash register, helping customers find items, get items, any problems they might have.
Productive and great co-workers, fun environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kent, WAJune 3, 2014
Everyday was fun, active and busy. Hard work but also enjoyable and love working with customers.
Opportunity to explore your own ideas
Office Supply Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 3, 2014
Pros: have fun with co-workers
Cons: holiday parties
The opportunity to make visual displays. Making visual displays when each department.
Use to be a great job
Sales Associate- I (Current Employee), Ukiah, CAJune 3, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work
Cons: no backup management. no organization
Management has changed and everyday is a new chore and problem
Fun working environment . Everyone works together as a team.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), duluth,gaJune 3, 2014
A typical work day usually consists of doing returns for customers, assisting customers at the time of check out , help customers find what they need by directing them to the item. I've learned how to multitask working in an fast paced environment. Management can be better, but for the most past i love my manager. I enjoy being around my co-workers – more... everyday, i am a very friendly and outgoing person so i get along with everyone. We all work together to achieve our store goals for the day. The hardest part of the job is returning an order that were bought online. I enjoy my coworkers on the job and also i enjoy seeing my everyday customers come into the store. I love to see people happy when i find what they needed. – less

About Staples

As the world’s largest office products company and 2nd largest eCommerce site, we’re a recognized name across more – Read more