Staples Employee Reviews

Found 3,595 reviews matching the search
My Experience with Aparecio Foundation
COPY PRINT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2016
This was a great experience for me to work in my field. I was able to get hands on skills as to re sizing images as well as retouching images for store banners. I liked my co workers, which were friendly and very helpful when I needed assistance.
Cons
Unpaid internship, better communication via email
Nice environment but not very organized due to management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Nice environment but not very organized due to management. Was thrown into my position on my second day with no training.
Productive and extra mile with music.
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 5, 2016
Handy with tools, Tech Savvy, eager to learn new technology. Excellent Driving record and background check. Works well with clients and individuals with special needs.
Pros
Bilingual
ecommerce (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 4, 2016
Staples is a good company with diverse work force. its the people in the company that make a difference. Some of my co-workers have become good friends for life.
laid back and very friendly management
Sales Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VAJanuary 4, 2016
i loved working at staples, i learned a number of new and different experiences. managers were understanding and friendly towards employees. it a very fun environment to work at
Pros
break time anytime.
Cons
Great company to learn the ropes...
B2B Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2016
Starting at Staples will prepare you for any career. The hardest part of your day is deciding what to do first!

With so much growth potential and so many line of business, I recommend Staples Business Advantage as any junior executives starting destination. With great training and support, and with tons of experience at the senior leadership level, you will learn all of the ropes and more.

The hardest part of the job is partnering with the retail store teams (as in any company).
Pros
Team atmosphere.
Cons
Below industry compensation.
Job is good for high school students
Computer Technician/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Raritan, NJJanuary 4, 2016
A job where advancement comes far and few between. The working environment is kool you meet a lot of nice people ..i just dont believe that there is room to progress and advance unless you are already in a management position
Cons
no advancement in sight
Fairly productive environment
Senior Computer Operator/Media Library Management (Former Employee) –  Marlboro, MAJanuary 3, 2016
Staples/Compucom was a decent environment to work in. I learned to work on several additional systems I did not have prior experience on.
Pros
Worked independently
Cons
some instability in their corporate structure
Does not promote within,
PC repair, Sales, Customer service (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJanuary 3, 2016
The job itself can be fun. Fast paced, and great customers. I have worked at 2 stores. I liked them both in that regard. But after 4 years. I did not see one promotion. Most were new hires, everything up to assistant store managers. I watched many good employees get passed over for a new hire or transfer.

HR department was useless when it came to resolving issues with an unapropriate store manager.

I trained guys for computer repair that did not know how to turn one on.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
company policies on part time employees
Your experience with this position depends greatly upon the people around you
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 3, 2016
This position deals predominately with four areas. Zero balance walks, which is basically an audit of how well the store is stocked in comparison to the inventory on hand. Cycle counts, which are daily manual counts of a certain category of high risk product. The third area is weekly returns, damaged and good product, which go back to either the warehouse or vendor. The final area is receiving the truck and purchase orders and making sure the high risk product is secured. The better the people around you are at doing their jobs, the easier this job will be for you. I recommend this job for detail oriented people who enjoy organization, are good with multi-tasking, and don't mind having to do manual labor.
Pros
Consistent schedule as far as retail goes
Cons
Can feel overwhelming if the store is not run well
Staples
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAJanuary 2, 2016
Relaxed work place, good management, nice customers, enjoyable work, friendly co workers, flexible with hours, hardest part of job is dealing with rude customers.
Amazing Stores, Amazing Staff!
Business Machines Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 2, 2016
I worked at both Palm Desert and Palm Springs. I worked at one with a rude over bearing manager that used intimidation tactics to make people work harder and one that would hide in his office 24/7 and not work with associates at all. Polar opposites but two reasons I was never able to stay at Staples.
Pros
Good Pay, Learned alot!
Cons
A company in transisiton - reinvention
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 31, 2015
No two days are ever the same
Learned to accept change as a constant
Management is typically promoted from with in but lacks the necessary skills needed to preform job functions.
Co-workers were great, worked hard to make the best of every situation. The hardest part of the job became the lack of sales focused activities, which was needed to remain successful and profitable. The most engaging aspect of the role was associate engagement, development and successful gains.
Pros
Reinvetion
Cons
lack of employee engagement
Great high school job, miss working here sometimes
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MADecember 30, 2015
I worked at Staples for about a year, and I worked as both a front end cashier and an Easy Tech (now known as Certified Tech) associate. I worked here my junior year to senior year in high school, and I actually really loved it. The managers for the first half of working there were amazing, they were all very laid back and chill. They always tried to talk to me and made me feel good, but eventually they all got promoted and we got new managers. The new managers were actually the reason I ended up quitting, didn't really like their attitude and they were rude to many of the employees. About five others quit because of them, including me.

My co-workers were amazing. It was a big Staples but there were only about 20 employees (maybe less) and we all knew each other very well. It was a very friendly environment and I felt comfortable working there, we all came to be like a family.

As a Certified Tech the hardest part of my job was probably having no idea what to do at some times. I received no training whatsoever for EasyTech, I'm pretty knowledgeable with computers and I can fix software related issues on my own, and I can sell most of the technology products as well. Printers were a bit awful since I knew nothing about them and nobody told me anything, so I ended up teaching myself a lot about them and other products so I didn't sound awkward when talking to customers.

It's a really nice job but I wouldn't want to work here the rest of my life. Great for a high school or college kid, though.
Pros
Employee games with incentive, awesome coworkers, flexible hours
Cons
Management, no benefits
Staples
Bookkeeping/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 30, 2015
At staples I would do all deposits and safe balances. Count out all tills and run the Customer service desk. I really didn't have any difficulties with this particular job. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the clients.
Pros
Gaining knowledge of banking and giving excellent client service.
Cons
Not much room for growth
flexible
New Mexico Territory, B2B Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 29, 2015
hours are flexible and that's a great benefit.I appreciate being able to go to an appointment and then being able to run an errand or work from home.
Pros
flexible
Cons
political
What can I say.. It's retail...
Computer Technician (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 29, 2015
overall, I did not have a bad experience while working with Staples other than the fact that they will almost never make you full-time. No matter how great your performance is they will not give you a raise or increase your hours by much. Management is usually pretty good. Co-workers what can I say, you have some good and some bad. This company has a high turnover rate as far as I know and there is a reason for that. Hardest part of the job is walking all day and dealing with upset customers. But what can I say.. It's retail.
Pros
I got to work with computers, co-workers were pretty great.
Cons
full-time no chance, benefits non-existant, promotions good luck, raises good luck, more hours good luck.
terrible place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 29, 2015
Manager there was a pervert who flirted with the girls and gave the males a hard time, he was also never satisfied with our line of work.If we completed something in a very good time he would get enraged and assign us things that not even he could do himself overall the job was a terrible place to work at all of management had terrible attitudes and were very disrespectful the only good person there was the general manager john.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
a great place to learn more about people.
Maintenance Worker and Handyman (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYDecember 29, 2015
When I come to work to start my day I check for oral instruction if none I start my knowing what needs to be done. I learned to work with others and enjoy helping customers. Management are good people and we get alone fine. MY coworkers are like family from home and we have a great relationship. The hardest part of my job is is putting things together with no instruction. When customers come to the store and ask for help regardless the problem I am here to help.
Pros
when people say thanks
Cons
I try not to failure with a customer
Lazy managers.
Inventory Specialist (Keyholder/Suprevisor) (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJDecember 29, 2015
This company continues to get worse each year. If you want to do everybody else's job while the store is completely understaffed and the managers are sitting around, this is the job for you.