Staples Employee Reviews

Found 5,362 reviews matching the search
Challenging and engaging workplace
Supervisor Store Merchandise Design (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 11, 2017
The best part and the hardest part of working for Staples is the constant change. Sometimes on an hourly basis the direction and scope of our projects would change.
No Growth
Assistant Manager SMIT (Former Employee) –  Biscayne Bay, FLApril 11, 2017
no growth closing stores and cutting positions and no staff to help you will be on a register all day! no decent bonus and they don't pay commission on square trade but expect you to sell it with no incentives.
Great people but no advancement and bad management
Print & Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 11, 2017
I worked there for over a year and was the only one qualified to be promoted the two times there was an opportunity and was denied because I am in school and do not have open availability which is very unfair.
Very professional, good and Caring work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAApril 11, 2017
I will love to go back to staples. The people working at staples treat you like family. they are the best at working as a team an would recommend anyone to work there
Quick Pace
Copy & Print Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHApril 11, 2017
It is very quick paced. There is not really any time to sit down. The people I work with are great. I enjoy my co-workers very much. There is not a whole lot of room to grow for me. The hardest part of the job would be learning how to multi-task and prioritizing. The most enjoyable part of the job would be learning all the different equipment.
Pros
Learning how to use the different types of equiptment and working with the people that i do.
Cons
Not having room to grow into the company.
Warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2017
Staples was a warehouse position. We did basic warehouse work. But, most importantly we I performed a position called Order Picking. I picked and packed orders for customers so that it could be shipped out.
Enjoyable work environment
Tech Associate (Current Employee) –  Munster, INApril 11, 2017
Staples is an excellent company to work for. The management is always willing to assist staff when needed. The products and services offered by Staples keeps customers coming back.
Pros
Strong customer loyalty
Cons
Limited amount of staff
It's literally the worst
Easy Tech Associate (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCApril 10, 2017
No consequences for being a terrible worker, this means if you're a good worker they overwork you but you get no extra benefits. Terrible management. Corporate has no idea how it is to actually implement their crazy policies (which change every 2 months). Employee turnover was about 3months.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything Else
amazing people at my store
Team Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newton, NJApril 10, 2017
District managers to corporate execs tell you how much they are offering you but it's not as good as other companies offer. These same people don't even try to hide their comments to others such as "Staff at this store don't care. They don't even try. They are worthless.We should fire them all."
Great place to work but.
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 10, 2017
The job is a pretty good place to work. Everyone is nice, & they pay weekly. They are also VERY flexible. It was the highest paying job I've had so far, even though it wasn't much. I only left because of the hours. Unless you're a manager or supervisor, only expect to work 3-5.30 hour shifts about 3 days a week average.
Pros
Weekly pay, nice people
Cons
The job gets very boring at times, hours
The workplace in the copy center was fun yet busy.
Copy and Print Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLApril 10, 2017
My days were good. Some more stressful than others, but I like being busy so it was fun for me. I typically each day made banners, made business cards, copies, designed layouts, and helped customers with their printing needs. I learned creative design. The management was friendly. The culture was fair. There was no hard part to this job. I loved helping customers create what they needed for success in their businesses.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Pay and benefits
managers are too consuming
Copy and Print Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCApril 10, 2017
the managers are way too consumed and force associate to feel the same way. customers often complain that there should be more people working int he copy center.
Stay away
EasyTech Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 10, 2017
If your aim is low, then sure, go with Staples. I was expecting to be a computer technician here, as an "EasyTech", but it's just a title. Still just a salesperson. I never like lying to people and that's all I did at this job. The free test scan shows there are cookies in your system? - well, you should pay us to clean that up for you. Even though the Windows 8 and 10 have Defender built in, they still push you to sell that junky Sophos. You have to fill out a card everyday, keeping a tally of all the worthless services you sell.
Pros
Free snacks when they are expired
Cons
Sales
Great Company...small town
Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ponca City, OKApril 9, 2017
Staples in Ponca City is a great store. They offer great products, have an awesome staff and are as accommodating as the can possibly be on scheduling. The biggest drawback, Ponca City is a small town, with a Wal-Mart and rumors of a new Costco. This makes for a very slow work day 90% of the time. For some this would be heaven, for me personally, I prefer to keep moving and doing!
Pleasant and Family Oriented
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MA & Winston Salem, N.C.April 9, 2017
I was employed for Staples as a Maintenance worker.Duties included, keeping bathrooms clean,mopping of floors in employee breakroom and bathrooms, vacuuming of entire store before opening hours and keeping stockroom in order. There were days that I helped unload the weekly truck shipment,or assisted customers with heavy purchases.
The workplace was comfortable and the culture was mixed. The hardest part of the job was that I never was considered a full-time employee but was always there to fulfill the duties I was responsible for. The most enjoyable part of the job was, being able to help where I was needed, meeting new people and working with the company.
Pros
Hours, Discounts
Cons
Hours, Pay and Benefits
"Right To Work"
Easy Tech Lead / Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAApril 9, 2017
Un-professional treatment of Associates & customers. Very poor training. Un-qualified management...inexperienced.
Sub-standard goods. Poor and non existing training. Indiscriminate hiring practices.
Pros
Cons
No perks at all, including health benefits.
Fun and learning environment
Market Manager/District Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAApril 9, 2017
Conference Calls, learn how to multitask, training program is great, diversity is good. Hardest part of my job is seeing management staff not being held accountable to a higher level of urgency. best part of my job teaching manager to be better at they're job and having a wow affect on knowledge.
Pros
Diverse, promote within, great external & internal training program
Cons
openings in management is rare
Focused on KPIs and Sales
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 8, 2017
You are constantly going after moving target in terms of sales, such as ink to printer attachment, computer sale add ons, and a variety of other that continuously change to the point that customer service and in stock suffer.

Pay offered is often below market standards. In states like Washington specifically the Seattle area where minimum wage is $15 an hour it is difficult to keep employees because corporate range is only $10-11 an hour. This causes a 2 fold problem in attracting good employees, and if you do hire one, they are quickly drawn away with a higher wage elsewhere.

With recent failed merger there was an urgency to cut back on expenditures, so stores were closed that had leases due up even if profitable.
Cons
Work Life Balance
Quick Review
Office Supply Manager (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAApril 8, 2017
Good company to work for if you are just starting out. Good hours and as long as you do what you are told you will not have any problems. Make sure you are always on time.
Decent Place to Work
Tech Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDApril 7, 2017
The management is good just upper management (DM and higher) are pushing impossible to meet matrix for a dieing company. However, for a sales associate position the pay is decent
Pros
Fun Staff
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.