Star Career Academy Employee Reviews in United States

Challenging culture and goals
Career Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 28, 2016
I work closely to assist students in career preparation where they learn everything needed to smoothly transition into employment:
Resume and Online Profile − A resume and cover letter needs to reflect their our personality and professional strengths. It must emphasize their technical skills as well as their unique "transferable skills." Career services has the experience to help students develop the kind of resumes and online professional image that will help generate interviews.
Job Search Techniques − Since many jobs are not advertised, students are taught how to find IT opportunities using multiple resources simultaneously, including online and social media tools to help them get noticed by employers and bring unadvertised jobs to them.
Not great
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2016
Its a job. More. Better. Faster. But the school is a little run down and management says they are not investing until the student population is up and the student pop. wont go up unless they scrub those walls and buy a bucket of paint.
Pros
A paycheck.
Run away
Career Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 10, 2016
Poor communication, no staff support, place is horrible. Low pay students are not encouraged to want more and shame how unprofessional the school is
Pros
Cons
many
Great management stepping stone
Medical Assistant Program Chairperson (Former Employee) –  Audubon, PAMarch 30, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I along with other Instructors are sending out quality and qualified Medical Assistants to work in Drs. Offices and Hospitals and any other type of medical facilities.
productive
Adjunct Allied Health Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2016
Excellent administration. Materials were available to make my work more effective. They were always friendly and kept good support for the instructors.
Pros
food, support
Cons
Very educated staff as well as myself, hard working people and awesome school to learn to be a dialysis tech at
instructor (Current Employee) –  Bricktown, NJJanuary 4, 2016
I teach students to be the best of themselves, My company supplies me with all the tools i need to teach my students and are very helpful. Working here has taught me more about my self as well
meeting new people with a diverse background of experience
Corporate Default Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 25, 2015
Training and development is available
room for advancement within the company
there have been many turns overs with management in the years that I have been there.
Overall a decent company to work for..
Default Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Berlin, NJSeptember 15, 2015
I enjoyed working and learning a new field. I was working with students to help them understand their financial responsibility with their Government loans.
Pros
Making it my own business
Cons
No raises
Chef Instructor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2015
Good culinary teaching position. Manageable class sizes. Not much room for advancement. Upper management oversees seven campuses with degrees in culinary, medical and cosmetology. Knowledgeable supportive colleagues.
Pros
Good schedule. 40 hour work week
Cons
No room for advancement. Poor benefits package. Wage freeze. Long drive.
productive and a growing experience
Hemodialysis Technician Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJAugust 2, 2015
A typical day was to assist customers on the sales floor, processing shipment 4 days out of the week & help merchandise the shipment.
Clean and Friendly
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Audubon, PAJuly 21, 2015
Clean and Friendly environment with great coworkers. Love teaching the students and watching them learn under my instruction.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Not much work hours
productive work place
Career (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 18, 2015
Star Career Academy is a well organized school. Its a professional productive place of business which is conducted in a professional manner.
Pros
great food
Cons
elevator
Would not work there
Pastry Instructor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 18, 2015
If you are considering teaching there please don't waste your time. Chefs instructors are expected to teach high risk urban population with very little training or support from staff. When you don't follow their hidden agenda, they fire you.
Great place
Medical Assistant Program Chair (Current Employee) –  bricktown NJJune 3, 2015
Working for star you meet various people which is great the staff is always helpful and willing to work to the best there abilities to make a happy stable environment for staff and students
Star Career Academy
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAMay 27, 2015
Star is an okay place to work. It is high pace and can sometimes be stressful. It is not a place for weak people. You must know your subject and how to execute the lesson. I would probably work for star again, because I love to teach
Pros
wages and self rewards
Cons
short breaks, teacher prep time not long enough sometimes you have to take work home
Totally enjoyable place to work
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  AudubonMarch 12, 2015
Great place to work. Excellent management, true caring for students from Admissions to Upper Management. Strongly recommend the Audubon Campus. Great new programs with brand new equipment and the latest technology for maximum learning. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping students find CAREERS and not JOBS.
Pros
Up to date equipment, great Vet Asst. Prog. Caring employees
educational environment
School of Medical Assisting (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2015
An okay place to work. Not so good job security. Room for advancement depends on your current position, No room for advancement for health instructors. No benefits .
n/a
Externship Coordinator/ST Instructor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 27, 2015
This company had zero sense of loyalty and appreciation for hard work and dedication. Its only focus was making the numbers, the one good thing about this company was the few colleagues I was able meet due to being employed there.
Pros
met nice people
Cons
n/a
MEDICAL ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  freeholdJanuary 11, 2015
Busy place
keeps you on your toes
always something to do
work 10 hour days 3 days off
AMAZING place to work
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Audubon, PADecember 10, 2014
It was a lot of fun and intense, everyone was so full of energy and fast paced! I have learned so much with them and i would recommend working for them any day! There was never a time where you felt ashamed to ask how to do something. Everyone was there to help one another and support them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Star Career Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9