Star Furniture

Star Furniture Employee Reviews

It`s was a good work place.
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 29, 2015
I love the people i work with. And it a nice place to work or good company to work with. great job good benefit. Great management
Was not a bad job, depending on location
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), HoustonMay 14, 2015
a typical day is slow majority of the time
I learned a lot about myself and capabilities
management could have done a lot better
enjoyed working with certain personalities
the hardest part on a daily basis was to guess the mood of management
the most enjoyable part was sharing laughs with coworkers on down time
Work Day
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Webster, TXMay 12, 2015
This was apprenticeship position. I would monitor the work source computers and update daily. Was taught how to ghost images, monitor computers from different locations, server knowledge This was a wonderful learning environment. .
Very structured atmosphere
employee (Current Employee), Lafayette, INDecember 28, 2014
A typical day begins with being yelled at about the day before, and how to make it better today. Each customer is treated like a number by members of management. There is only one break a day most days and none on Sunday. You are not allowed to sit unless your position requires it, and any integrity is frowned upon while working. Most of the managers are great to work with, however, the sales manager is rude and condescending and the hardest part of the job is working with her. She treats employees and customers like dirt and talks about everyone behind their backs. She talks about other managers to employees and complains about everything. My favorite part of my job is working with different people on a daily basis and I have learned how to keep my cool in stressful situations. The culture here is highly structured with no wiggle room at all.
Life style challenge
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TexasNovember 9, 2014
Pros: no ceiling cap on salary because it is commission.
Cons: not condusive to family living.
A typical day at work is unpredictable at best simply because it is retail. There are days when you wait hours before you get a customer and there are others that you are so busy you don't stop for 8 to 10 hours. I have learned to do my best at every opportunity since it is 100 percent commission. Management does the best they can do with the business climate and the many problems and personalities they have to deal with. A wide variety of personalities, cultures and complaints where there is never a dull moment. The hardest part of the job is waiting your turn to get a customer. The most enjoyable is the challenge of selling to a variety of personalities, adapting to them as part of the selling process and the people I have the opportunity to meet.
N/a
Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: it a good place to get experience
Cons: it a temp agencies
It a get place to work for and you gain lot of experience in the Administrative position. The agents help out a lot and keep you busy with jobs opportunity.
Competitive and fun!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXJune 4, 2014
Enjoyed all the trainings, strong motivational meetings, great retail environment especially if you enjoy design and interior decorating.

Great management!
It was an interesting experience
Lead Delivery Assembler Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 20, 2014
I loved the job since day 1 sadly I had to stop working there because of school work and because I love hate.
Beautiful environment with amazing people. An amazing product is easy to sell.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXMay 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches for mandatory scheduling, special events (like christmas and cinco de mayo) are fun, house calls with licensed designers, special orders when we create unique pieces of furniture, bonuses for certain types of sales quotas, personal discounts on our own furniture.
Cons: we work all weekend, every weekend. once a month, i attend a mandatory sales meeting 30 miles away at 8 am on my day off.
This is an incredible work environment. My colleagues and management are kind, supportive, and always available with help and knowledge about the products and industry. We work together very well. The furniture is beautiful and competitively priced. I always feel good at the end of the day when I've sold these products to my customers. We sell furniture in the good/better/best range and our customer service from sale to delivery to resolution of complaints is beyond any company I've ever worked for. The scheduling is tough. I can only stick with the hard schedule because I love this job so much. I love my colleagues, my management, my customers, my products-- and truly, I love the job of sales.
stressful job
Sales and Delivery (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2014
not a good company to work for. bad culture, heavy lifting, unfair work environment.
great wearhouse job
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), Katy, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: back breaking labor
good pay just long work day
management was good
got Sundays and Mondays off
Great Company
Lead Driver (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: bonuses and stability
Cons: layoff
Great Day
All of my driving experience
Management was great, gained a lot of friendships
Layoff
People
Great workplace with summer cookouts and workplace lunchtime kithcen
Delivery Driver/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Anmoore, WVJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment
Cons: sometimes have to work really long hours due to customers.
Drove stock picker/fork truck to get furniture, checked and rewrapped all furniture. Delivered and set up all furniture to customer specifications the next day.I learned many life lessons and workplace know how from this job and consider it a great place.Management are overall good and fair.Some of the best 'help whenever possible" coworkers when i was there.Some of the furniture was really heavy or/and awkward as well as some of the houses/businesses.I liked just about everything about this job.
Quality Furniture with a company that feels like family!
Office Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 29, 2013
Pros: working with friends
Cons: paying for healthcare
Walk in the front door to problem, that I can only fix. Creative solutions to resolve issues (Thinking out on the box!). Managing both sales team and office staffs of two different location. Keeping salesperson motivated to achieve their sales goals. Helping offices associates creative solution to help upset customer with-in the guilt line of the company policies.
Office Manager
Office Manager (Former Employee), West Union, WVOctober 17, 2013
I would get the mail sort it out and then start putting the information in the computer.
Collections via phone -Scheduling repossessons and skip tracing
Accounts Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 8, 2013
Pros: learning more on skip tracing through different programs
Cons: compensation
Got better opportunity with another company-but did enjoy my time with company, got discounts on merchandise
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 4, 2013
Days at work never lag and we are always "on the move". Great place to work.
star
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), katy texasAugust 16, 2013
Pros: customers co workers
Cons: hours
star was a great place to work..enjoyed working with co workers and meeting differnt people..
Solid Work
Office Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 22, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: long crazy hours
Sound company to work for, but a horrible benefits and surely a dead end job.
Great place as a beginning supervisor with excellent work life balance
WAREHOUSE SHIPPING MANAGER (Former Employee), Katy TexasJune 17, 2013
Pros: 45 hour work week
Cons: no opportunity to grow
The entire staff at Star Furniture is very tenured which presents challenges for promotion opportunity.