Star Furniture Employee Reviews

great place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVNovember 29, 2016
If your not a salesman, don't try to sell furniture. Go for the warehouse position. It's great for semi-antisocial folks like my self. Also don't apply if your lazy. Its an easy job, but u will be required to lift ALOT, and if your not mechanically inclined look elsewhere. Worst part is most sales folks are women. No problems there, but when it comes to money....they tend to bicker and drag everyone else into it.
Laid back place to work
Accounts Payable Merchandise Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2016
I enjoy the people I work with at Star Furniture. It's a big company but it feels like a smaller company with a sense of family. It's a very comfortable atmosphere. My co-workers are very nice and friendly. The most enjoyable part of my job is it is not a stressful job. The hardest part of my job is it's very routine every day and no windows, very closed in.
Pros
laid back
Cons
expensive healthcare
This job will keep you in shape
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2016
This job is not for the weak at heart. Its back breaking work. On the up side I work with a fantastic team and I am never stuck inside. You meet new people everyday. The hardest part of this job is working in the elements.
Pros
travel
Cons
weather
Working at Star Furniture
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJune 29, 2016
Most days where fun and energetic. It taught me a lot about handle and merchandise and solving customers issues. Management for the most part was good and my co-workers where very easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was trying to not stress out because of the pressure from store designer and the most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers on job assignments.
If you're looking for a part time job to get through school it is ideal.
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXJune 5, 2016
Typical work day can range from slow to busy. Enjoy my co-workers but one manager is very unprofessional. Hardest part of the job is the pay.
Heavy lifting
Furniture Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53208May 25, 2016
There is a lot of lifting involved but it is a fast paced work environment. I like working here because it is never the same ting over and over again, something different every day.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 24, 2015
This is my first job out of college and they have taught me a lot and challenged me to reach and exceed my potential. Fun work place with supportive management.
Pros
Benefits, co workers, and holidays
Cons
pay
Online presence
Online Customer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2015
Getting customers in contact with the right person or department to assist with their issue. Online presence for the company. Processing order for the online store. Answering general questions.
productive and a fun place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2015
Great management team. great customer that spend a great deal of money fun top notch furniture. xxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxo
it hurt so bad to make the decision to move closer to home.
executive secretary ar and ap. (Former Employee) –  hwy 10 katy texasJune 21, 2015
after getting my daughter graduated with honors with her regeistered nursing certificate. i decided to take a much saught after job 2 miled from home. star was very much like my family. my boss and i were very close and made like time friend. i will always miss being there.
It`s was a good work place.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2015
I love the people i work with. And it a nice place to work or good company to work with. great job good benefit. Great management
Was not a bad job, depending on location
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  HoustonMay 14, 2015
a typical day is slow majority of the time
I learned a lot about myself and capabilities
management could have done a lot better
enjoyed working with certain personalities
the hardest part on a daily basis was to guess the mood of management
the most enjoyable part was sharing laughs with coworkers on down time
Work Day
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXMay 12, 2015
This was apprenticeship position. I would monitor the work source computers and update daily. Was taught how to ghost images, monitor computers from different locations, server knowledge This was a wonderful learning environment. .
Very structured atmosphere
employee (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INDecember 28, 2014
A typical day begins with being yelled at about the day before, and how to make it better today. Each customer is treated like a number by members of management. There is only one break a day most days and none on Sunday. You are not allowed to sit unless your position requires it, and any integrity is frowned upon while working. Most of the managers are great to work with, however, the sales manager is rude and condescending and the hardest part of the job is working with her. She treats employees and customers like dirt and talks about everyone behind their backs. She talks about other managers to employees and complains about everything. My favorite part of my job is working with different people on a daily basis and I have learned how to keep my cool in stressful situations. The culture here is highly structured with no wiggle room at all.
Life style challenge
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasNovember 9, 2014
A typical day at work is unpredictable at best simply because it is retail. There are days when you wait hours before you get a customer and there are others that you are so busy you don't stop for 8 to 10 hours. I have learned to do my best at every opportunity since it is 100 percent commission. Management does the best they can do with the business climate and the many problems and personalities they have to deal with. A wide variety of personalities, cultures and complaints where there is never a dull moment. The hardest part of the job is waiting your turn to get a customer. The most enjoyable is the challenge of selling to a variety of personalities, adapting to them as part of the selling process and the people I have the opportunity to meet.
Pros
No ceiling cap on salary because it is commission.
Cons
Not condusive to family living.
N/a
Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 25, 2014
It a get place to work for and you gain lot of experience in the Administrative position. The agents help out a lot and keep you busy with jobs opportunity.
Pros
It a good place to get experience
Cons
It a temp agencies
Competitive and fun!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 4, 2014
Enjoyed all the trainings, strong motivational meetings, great retail environment especially if you enjoy design and interior decorating.

Great management!
It was an interesting experience
Lead Delivery Assembler Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 20, 2014
I loved the job since day 1 sadly I had to stop working there because of school work and because I love hate.
Beautiful environment with amazing people. An amazing product is easy to sell.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 1, 2014
This is an incredible work environment. My colleagues and management are kind, supportive, and always available with help and knowledge about the products and industry. We work together very well. The furniture is beautiful and competitively priced. I always feel good at the end of the day when I've sold these products to my customers. We sell furniture in the good/better/best range and our customer service from sale to delivery to resolution of complaints is beyond any company I've ever worked for. The scheduling is tough. I can only stick with the hard schedule because I love this job so much. I love my colleagues, my management, my customers, my products-- and truly, I love the job of sales.
Pros
Free lunches for mandatory scheduling, special events (like Christmas and Cinco de Mayo) are fun, house calls with licensed designers, special orders when we create unique pieces of furniture, bonuses for certain types of sales quotas, personal discounts on our own furniture.
Cons
We work all weekend, every weekend. Once a month, I attend a mandatory sales meeting 30 miles away at 8 am on my day off.
stressful job
Sales and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2014
not a good company to work for. bad culture, heavy lifting, unfair work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Star Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.