Star Pipe Products Employee Reviews

Star Pipe Products
Northeastern Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 14, 2017
Star Pipe Products is a great company if you're a driven individual. The company gives you all the tools you need to succeed , and is growing at a quick pace.
Company has changed a lot over the last 5 years
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WAAugust 4, 2017
I choose not to go into detail at this time. I am on this website to look for career opportunities not to review the position I am in at this time. While I appreciate the goal behind this, I am unable to comment at this time.
Average job
A/R CLERK (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2017
OK to work for, very flexible if you need to take leave. Pay could be better, some departments focus on more petty things then getting the job done, but overall an OK working environment.
Star Pipe Products
Material handler/ Forklift (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis ind.June 6, 2017
This is a dead end job. There is zero chance to advance in this company. The initial wage is competitive for the industry, yet raises are not received annually. Relaxed environment, yet leadership has control issues.
productive place to work
Drill Press Operator and Painter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2017
a typical day at Star Pipe Products would include poor management who doesn't have the proper knowledge to train new employees. The overall work culture is cool
Pros
near home
Cons
no room for growth
Cool
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2016
It's a great company. I mainly operated forklift putting things in their perspective places to make things flow easier. It was a place where we all were a team. Everyone was always willing to help out
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
serating unfinished parts to a smooth peace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, Tx.July 15, 2016
Great job to work for. The head of staff are very understanding about family time for their employees. Heat issues were a common factor in the summer due to it being a warehouse, but they managed to get water and other fluids to us.
no advancement possibilities
Forklift Operator/ Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 7, 2016
low pay. 40 hour work weeks. no chance of advancing in the company. no performance based raises. only a company wide 2% "cost of living raise" per year.
Pros
Cons
low pay
Excellent Company
Regional Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 27, 2015
Forthcoming and truthful regarding the position, compensation, benefits and job responsibilities for the position I accepted.

Financially stable and demonstrated senior management talents with professionalism regarding all individuals with whom I interacted with.

Great company and bright future due to the solid foundation of leadership, peers, senior management, front line crew and market niche..
Honestly the WORST JOB OF MY LIFE
Machinist/Re-work Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2015
A typical day at star pipe consist of me running multi drill presses with very poor PPE. Management look at the employees as numbers not human beings. some of the co-workers were prejudice.
Productive fast paced
Project Manager-New Product Development (Former Employee) –  HOUSTONOctober 13, 2014
• Worked closely with Product Marketing on Pricing, Catalogues, Product features updates, Packaging improvements/Changes for spare /replacement market, Customer needs
• Prepare project plan, manage and track scope changes and change order process, and track budget.
• Product Management: Creation of purchase orders, manage vendor pricing and vendor approvals, spend analysis, coordination of work orders in the ERP system, create and maintain BOM’s in the ERP system, inventory cost maintenance, price change requests, track and implement engineering change notes, and track change order processes.
• ISO 90001 systems auditor- Supplier and internal audits.
• Develop prototypes samples , arrange machining and build assembly for engineering testing and subsequent third party product approval testing(UL/FM/NSF61)
• Deal with virtual project teams.
• Take corrective and preventive actions at overseas and domestic sources.
• Ensure projects are formally closed with internal stake holders.
• Lead special projects which involve manufacturing facility additions and improvement
Very Nice Staff
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 25, 2014
Job was pretty decent. I got the job through a staffing agency. love the hours, pay could've been better for the type of work it pertains.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
no lunch room
Loved a lot of the employees.
Order Entry (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2013
Started out as just an order entry employee but quickly was given several monthly reports that I did for the Vice-President of the company.
Pros
fun people to work with
Cons
Management was was not very nice people.
It's a great place to start the career
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2013
Star Pipe is a great place for Starting the career. Management Cares for their employees.
Productive place to work
Customer Service/Inside Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2012
I really enjoyed working with customers and my co-workers. I was always very busy, which made the days go by faster. My unltimate goal every day was 110% customer satisfaction. The customers were my REASON.
Pros
great customers and co-workers
Good work place turned out in disaster
RDC Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2012
Glued to PC in replying mails to various Satellite Distribution Centers in US and Canada, Coordination with Warehouse, attending phone calls etc

Learnt a big lesson at the end to be very careful while talking lest your given information is misused.

Management: Unfortunately did not recognize my potential and abilities despite working for them much more than normal week days.
Fired me based on "hear-say" inputs on unfair and Non-Performance based reasons.
Productive and fun place to work.
Supplier Quality Engineer (Overseas) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2012
Good learning opportunties and got good experience with managing overseas suppliers.
Pros
stable employment
Cons
poor compensation.
Fun Place to Work Great Co Workers
Inside Sales / Client Relations (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 26, 2012
Busy working with co workers on fleet deals. Love the culture, love the management. Wish I could work there again.

Great Place!
Fast Pace!
Busy Work!
Fun Place!
Benifits OKAY.
Pros
fun place to work