STAR STAFFING Employee Reviews

Good for a stop gap but that's it
Temp. Employee (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CASeptember 4, 2017
Most of the jobs you'll get involves working in an indoor environment with insufficient climate control, labor intensive, fast-paced, and supervisors who only care about numbers. So long as you can tolerate being belittled for being a temp, you'll be fine. It pays the bills.
Pros
various opportunities
Cons
short breaks
star staffing
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 11, 2017
very strict injury policy.I got injured at work after hours and went to my own provider for emergency. I got fired for not contacting them when the injury happened
Pros
great at placement
Cons
no chances
Productive and fast pace.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2017
Productive and fast pace environment. Learned the in and outs of hotel hospitality and food service. The hardest is the part in the beginning is learning the different types of glasses and when to use them.
It was a job
RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAApril 10, 2017
Not the best training, too much work for the compensation. I believe if the training had been adequate I could have really enjoyed that job. They have a very high turn over and I believe that could be fixed if management would actually know how the day to day company was actually run.
Temp Agency
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2017
Temp agency that helped place me in medical offices. I learned a lot on the medical side of front office. Insurance claims and benefit verification, personally dealing with patients, medical records etc. I LOVE MEDICAL FRONT OFFICE! It was a pleasure working with everyone I did making my transition from CA to NY during our military relocation.
Pros
Learned medical front office
Cons
No permanent position
An amazing temp service that is always trying to find people work.
Material Coordinator/Planner/Handler/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAMarch 26, 2017
The ladies at Star Staffing have always struck me as being committed to helping every client achieve their job seeking goals! Since initially signing up with Star Staffing I have always been treated with respect and I am accustomed to them doing their best to help.
Pros
Commitment and professionalism is what they offer.
Cons
Never once have I had a negative experience.
Napa and San Francisco Bay Area temp agency
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 23, 2017
Got a terrific position. Had to go due to a family illness out of state.
This is a woman owned company and reflects the very best of what Napa has to offer as the charming small city it is. Really enjoyed working there.
Pros
Temp
Cons
Temp
First job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAFebruary 14, 2017
Star Staffing was my very first job and they had me working at 3 different places the first one macro plastics was cool I was working night shifts making plastic bins and it was a great experience for my first job
N/a
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 3, 2017
I looked forward to going to work every day and helping the clients and learning new ways to deal with diffrent scenarios
Good place to get work experience
Temp (Former Employee) –  Napa Valley, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Alright place, but not good if looking for stable work. Good place for college students to work party time. Option to work your own hours and choose which assignments you want to take.
Pros
Flexible hours, various opportunities to gain work experience, diverse jobs
Cons
Not stable, not much work, bad pay
Paid on time and could earn paid days off
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 5, 2017
This was several years ago but I got my foot in the door of a wonderful company. I was able to work my way up to a very nice position.
Pros
ok salary
Cons
very short breaks
Productive and busy workplace.
Restricted Duty (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CADecember 19, 2016
Not a bad place to work. They put me on restricted duty after I developed tendonitis working for them as an industrial dishwasher, keeping me employed while I recuperated.
Pros
Steady work, paid weekly
Cons
It helps to be fluent in Spansih working for Star Staffing.
Star Staffing
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CANovember 15, 2016
My job is to find the right people for the right jobs. I have learned so much from star staffing from all the jobs and the systems. Star Staffing is a great place to work.
Pros
constant communication with others
Cons
The standard goals for all emplyees
Productive and fast pace environment
Server (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2016
I enjoy this job because it was a new experience when I started and I learned a lot. I'm all for learning something new because I'm a fast learner. I also enjoy work in a fast pace environment for long hours
Temporary Work Agency
Temp (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAOctober 4, 2016
Working as temp through Tempstar Staffing my duties varied between jobs but included.

-General manufacturing and warehouse work through various companies.
-Assembly line/machinery work and other general manual labors.
-Teamwork and following supervisor instructions closely.

The managers/supervisors did a good job finding work for me and were friendly with me because I tried my best at each job they gave me and tried to be as professional as possible. Developing a report with the management seemed to be key when wanting higher paying, longer jobs and it showed with some of the other temps.

I have little to say of my co-workers. Most did a decent enough job to keep getting jobs but many Seemed to want to do the bare minimum when actually at the job sites.

The hardest part of the job for me was probably dealing with worrying about the inconsistency of jobs and pay rates. I could have one job that lasted a month or two and paid 10+ dollars and hour with 40+hour weeks, and then I could also get jobs that only lasted several days that paid barely above minimum wage.

The most enjoyable part was probably the amount of physical exercise I received throughout my many jobs. It was hard work most of the time, but it was the best shape I've ever been in and I really felt like I earned every paycheck I got.
Pros
sense of accomplishment and relief with every paycheck
Cons
sporadic work, sporadic hours, feeling expendable
Safe environment in the office
Front Desk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 26, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of answering phone calls and helping people apply/find a job. I learned to multitask very well and to be patient of others around me. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing people walking in and out of the office hired and hearing people say they loved their job.
Pros
1 hour lunch, weekends off
Cons
too busy sometimes
Okay exoeriance
Santa Rosa - Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 23, 2016
I would like to start off by saying that this company give you opportunities. Not the best ones or the best paying ones but an opportunity.
great work place
nights man (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 10, 2016
had the opportunity to organize banquets and private affairs. which gave me a great insight that i could use for future tasks.
office Manager
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYFebruary 23, 2016
I was office manager .I hired,fired,oriented people for a plant that made juice. I also did payroll. the hardest part of my job was the payroll. I learned all office programs from my boss in less than six months. I also learned quickbooks as well. I enjoyed my job. we made ot fun. we had all kinds of chariety. like on friday jean day. for a 1.00 you wore jeans. it went to American Heart Assocation. different places every month.
Pros
Lunch was great
Cons
there was none
Workers could be a little more organized
Macro Plastics Temp (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CA 94533February 18, 2016
Star has been good to me. They positioned me at Macro plastics in Fairfield and I enjoyed it very much. Star is highly recommended.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STAR STAFFING. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval