Star Tribune Media Company, LLC. Employee Reviews

Newspaper Delivery
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 27, 2017
Working for the Star Tribune was a challenging job due to the demands, the hours, the weather and sometimes the pay with consistant expenses of cost of repair. It is great service that they provide for some individuals of the Star Tribune.
Passible part time job
Mailer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 28, 2017
Assembled the newspaper. Made sure paper inserter machine stayed running. Cleared out jams if it was not running. Also did inserts by hand. Minor janitorial duties.
Pros
Pay, co-workers.
Cons
Strict, ink, location, stay past scheduled hours, & managers.
Its was interesing work
hand stuffing (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 27, 2017
The work is great to work and you get a freedom to work with you friends and coworkers. However, sometime the management is bad because they don't show much respect like other company does.
Pros
fun place to be working
Cons
the rrspect we don't get much
Not a good place to work at.
Part Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 4, 2017
My experience at the Star Tribune is horrible, and I have never felt so ungrateful and unappreciated by people that I'm working with now. The managers are rude and it's a horrible place to work at.
great company, great people
Driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 22, 2016
challenging but simple work, would recommend to anyone looking for a job or to further their career. learn customer service and technical Dot knowledge
Fun work place with great MN values
Digital (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 4, 2016
The people here are really what makes it so great! I love the culture and the work-life balance presented. The new building is beautiful and there's so many options around the skyway. If you go around and talk to people, you will learn that many have been here over 20 or 30 years - I find that very attractive in an employer.

Benefits are great and compensation is fair! PTO is also nice, except you have to use it for Holidays, which is weird.
Pros
Culture, Flexibility, Community-focused
Cons
Departmental division, Resistance to change
co-workers were great and helpful
Sales and Distribution (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNAugust 1, 2016
Getting a call between 1:30-2:00 in the morning
Getting all my papers together
Loading my car with papers and going on my route to deliver to residence and companys in Alexandria, Carlos, Parkers and MIltona.

Total mileage was a hundred miles a day to deliver to residence and companys that wanted the star tribune every morning.
Pros
Working early morning have me all day for appointments and life
Cons
Getting up in the middle of the night
Great locally owned company that provides strong ROI for clients
Advertising Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 28, 2016
Typical day starts in the office for internal meetings and to prep for the day. The remainder of the day is out of the office, meeting with clients throughout the Twin Cities.

The sales team is collaborative, creative, fun, energetic, and works hard. The management team is supportive and listens to feedback from their teams.
Pros
Advertising products drive results for clients, Local-supportive management, Great co-workers Innovative Products
Cons
The new downtown office is beautiful, but can be difficult to get in an out. Parking can be expensive, but they do offer $45 a month towards parking.
sorry but nothing good about that job
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 27, 2016
i'm trying my best do not say anything bad , but those people don't respect your breaks, and they don't care about your life outside work, it's a part time job, and they will always force you to stay even if your shift end, and if you refuse you will be the bad guy .
Pros
free lunches durning the holidays
great
Intern (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 3, 2016
great. awesome. no big cons. great place to be. awesome people. great location. heart of downtown. older population but they're great people.
Liked working here very much, liked the variety of job duties,good mentoring from piers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 4, 2016
Good place to work,friendly,helpful people. Management easy to work with and helpful, also co-workers. Extra incentives and contests for achieving service goals. I learned how to do payroll and how to manage and prepare our teams workload for the week. This was probably the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part was the variety of the work.
Pros
friendly, helpful staff
Cons
having to work a weekend shift
Fun
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 22, 2015
for a every other week job this job is pretty handy and nice when it comes to quick money and the employees are nice to work with.
Pros
giving people
Cons
early morning
A good place to work hard
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 19, 2015
With increased production you need to be able to work hard and work continuously. If you just do what you're assigned, pay attention, and aren't you will do just fine.
Pros
Pay, work experience
Cons
Hours per week
Excellent Company to work for.
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55488May 5, 2015
Excellent Company to work for; great teamwork environment and commitment to the mission. Now located in a new building with very modern furniture, access to skyway, and up-to-date technology.
changing media environment
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 17, 2015
Star Tribune was a good place to work. I spent nineteen years there and have the highest respect for the management in a changing media environment.
I enjoyed a short work time each day and beautiful sunrises.
Newspaper Delivery (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 4, 2015
Time management was always the order of the day. I learned to make the best of my time by organizing. I placed newspaper sections so that I could assemble quickly. I used cartons that would allow me to retrieve papers quickly.

Managers were pleasant. Incentives were given on time; I was a recipient.

My co-workers were pleasant and in a hurry.

The hardest part of the job was having to leave the car when snow and ice were present.

The most enjoyable part of the job was customer satisfaction.
Pros
Being able to complete my route on time
Cons
Ice under snow
A challenging work environment
Warehouse, PKT Foreman (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 6, 2015
As the Star tribune struggled to deter bankruptcy, it became a challenge to deal with a part time work force with unskilled workers and consistent turnovers as the drive to eliminate full time individuals of 20 years or more to lower wages and cut benefits. While understanding the company’s goal for survival in an age of a digital world, I appreciate the opportunities I have had at the Star tribune but do not foresee any further professional nor personal growth and feel it has come time for change.
Pros
A challenging experience
Cons
Lack of professional growth
Comfortable office environment
Senior Interactive Designer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 15, 2014
Best place to work. Co-works are very nice. Manager is super nice. I have flexible schedule.
A newspaper committed to its readership and to its employees
Copy editor/Letters editor/Reporter/News assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 11, 2014
A rewarding environment in which to work. The staff is top-notch, but leadership is somewhat isolated from its staff.
Good place and good people!
Lead Data Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 20, 2014
I worked here for over seventeen years and had many promotions. It was a good place for job advancement. It is the newspaper industry, so there was a bit of a bump in the road when the internet hit hard and the company was well behind the curve on keeping up.
Pros
Good people, job advancement opportunities
Cons
Poor leadership, wasted meeting time, behind in news media technology

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Star Tribune Media Company, LLC.. Our community is ready to answer.

Star Tribune Media Company, LLC. Reviews by Location