1. California MFT Intern or ACSW registered with the California Board of Behavioral Services (BBS)
2. Masters in Mental Health, Mental Health Counseling or equivalent program plus two  years experience
3. Extensive knowledge of Hispanic culture; as well, proficiency communicating in both Spanish and English
This position has primary responsibility for mental health and case management services for adolescents and their families. The mental health specialist provides mental health services, including assessment and evaluation, to clients referred to the Community Services program. He or she acts as a liaison with external agencies and functions on teams with other clinical & support staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Work with referred adolescents, their families, representatives of referring agencies, and other relevant parties (in-house and external) to promote rehabilitation and amelioration of problems that interfere with productive social and emotional daily living.
2. Acts as liaison with various external agencies (such as Department of Children and Family Services, Department of Mental Health, Probation Department, Dependency Court, and police) to facilitate adolescent’s adjustment in daily living routines.
3. Assist in preparing adolescents for lasting and successful housing, vocational, educational and treatment experiences. Services include a “whatever it takes” approach, and include counseling, shadowing, training, modeling and other interventions deemed necessary.
4. Maintain ongoing relationships with other county agencies, health care facilities, placement centers and other resources necessary to affect the continuum of care for adolescents in the community.
5. Ability to perform accurate mental health evaluations.
Please do not apply if you are not a MFT intern or ACSW and Bilingual