Star

Star Employer Reviews

produtive and competitive
STUDENT ACTION FOR REFUGEES (Former Employee), CairoSeptember 13, 2014
It was an excellent work that allowed me to apply my education in a real legal environment
Fun Job teaching kids the art of movement
Dance Instructor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2014
A typical day in the work place would begin with showing up before school is out to set up for my dance classes. Once I am all set up I would help set up snack for all the kids to have before class. This program is an after school program so I would then head to my classes (2) take roll and begin my lessons. Once the last class ended we cleaned all of the areas we used and played with the kids until they were picked up and we were able to head home.
The biggest thing I have learned here is classroom management with kids. How to be effective in keeping control of your classroom while i taught. The hardest part of the job would definitely be the kids not into dancing. I would have to make sure that all of my lessons to be taught were not only technical but also very fun for everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job would be to watch the end of the session show and see your product on stage.
Not so fun to work at.
Substance Abuse Counselor/Case Manager (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 16, 2014
Pros: bonuses for christmas
Cons: employees are there just for the money. not one of them care about the clients
Working at Star Center is a job. There is no room for advancement. The owner and her spouse is very nice and they do not deserve the kind of employees they currently have working for them. Other than that, Star would be a very nice place to work.
high stressed job
Press Supervisor (Former Employee), ft worth texasMay 3, 2014
Pros: good communication with supervisors
Cons: working with short handed crews
worked under time based products. very intense eye to detail
especially for all commercial work.
I liked it .
Operator (Former Employee), Lexington, KYApril 6, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: short breaks
It is ok you really have to stay busy and I liked that . I worked on a robot when it shut down .
working with some great people
PACKAGING OPERATOR (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 14, 2014
Pros: layback job
Cons: bad supervisor
clock in at 10:30 pm , go to office to get the line up shirt to see what i be doing , first thing i do is check the press line to make sure everything running and in order , then i go clean for 30 mins or help out by unloading trucks or helping out in the office. Then once the line start we all go to our area to run the press line for 3 hours , then we take a break then get back to moving stuff with the pallet jacket.
Would not reccommend
Sales & Marketing (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 27, 2014
I enjoyed working with our fellow customer service teams members, but the overall company atmosphere was not very pleasant.
Fun place to work
Telecommuter/Medical Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 13, 2014
Enjoyed my short time working for STAR. I liked working from home. It taught me how to be disciplined and responsible to get your work done
Large corporation with many locations
Business Systems Consultant (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 16, 2012
Pros: able to work from home
Cons: very high workload
Typical work day was fast and comfortable. Good online education available.
My management group was always supportive. The hardest part of the job was the workload, but that's what made the day fly.
fun and always things to be learned at this company
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: costly health insurance
go into work at 7am and prep my billing packet. Start my billing on credible. Answer phones, watch the front desk. A days worth of billing is done in 4 hours. I learned how to do mental health billing. Customer service with interacting with clients. My co-workers were awesome! The hardest part of my job is trying to concentrate if there was too much noise by the office. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the clients.
fun workplace
Command center (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 1, 2012
Cons: no cons
friendly work environment. Learned lots about computers.?Great making new friends.