Star Employee Reviews

star
Dispatcher/Broker (Current Employee) –  Fowler, CAOctober 5, 2017
When I took the job I was assured that they were good about
Yearly reviews and raises after my first year no such thing occurred
I asked about a raise was told wasn't a good time that was after I
was given more responsibility It is a family run business they
don't offer any 401k or anything. no paid sick days so it is
not your typical workplace.My immediate supervisor was very
good. just figured no room to advance
Pros
Cons
no benefits
Fast pace place to work
Valet Parking (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2017
A typical day at 5 star valet would be to get there at the time they tell you then put on a jacket or shirt and stand in line until guest arrive. Then open doors, take car and park it in the designated area. When the event is over we wait and bring cars up as guest exit.
Typical Day at STAR Community Justice Center
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin Furnace, OHOctober 2, 2017
A typical day at STAR was very busy. I learned that confidentiality is very important and you have to separate your home life from your work life. A lot of times it gets very busy and difficult to complete all of the tasks for the workday. A lot of times the employees feel very stressed and on edge due to managements expectations. The most difficult part of the job is trying to balance all of the job duties as well as trying not to bring work issues home with me. To me, the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to hear all of the success stories from the residents that went through the program.
Pros
healthcare and benefits and helping people
Cons
short breaks, high expectations, helicopter management
Productive work place
Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 29, 2017
Nice place to work. Benefits were good. The schedule was not the best. The salary was good. This was a work from home position and that made the poor schedule worth while.
Great Part-Time Gig
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, CASeptember 24, 2017
It's a great job if you're trying to look for a part-time job in college or testing the waters of being a teacher. However, there is a very little to no chance of getting a raise or career advancement.
Not bad to start
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNSeptember 21, 2017
Not bad to start off with a if you don’t mind sucking ppls butts then a great place to work. I’m a solo driver an they messed up big time with a new contract. I was ready to help them out till they told me I had to leave my truck where it was jump in another dudes truck an team 14000 out . Maybe if I knew the guy an or the truck was so nasty I would ride in it let alone sleep. An that’s what I told my dispatch. There reply was “o well your gonna do it or sit under your empty for three days” so I said my peace an they let me go.
Pros
Good benefits pay plan
Cons
Managers got there noses in the air, communication sucks
Not enough hours
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 4, 2017
I was told I would receive 25 to 29 hours a week but only got 15 to 20. Unless I was willing to travel there was no opportunity for more hours. Overall the people who work there are very nice, friendly, and helpful but if you're looking to make a livable wage it's not the best place.
Pros
Friendly and helpful
Cons
Few hours
A welcoming place to work with many smiling faces.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 28, 2017
Being dressed approprietely for work was crucial as well as being sanitary and following correct procedures when cleaning and handling food and beverages. Being fast paced and clear minded as important in order to do the job correctly and efficiently.
Fun work inviorment
Assembly Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 12, 2017
I really enjoyed working at tec star, this was a very unique company.
What I liked most was that you didn't do the same job every day.
It was like a challenge.
Pros
Light travel
Cons
N\a
Math Teacher for STAR
Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 30, 2017
Encompassed kindergarten through 5th grade, with a research based booklet program that individualized math for each student- I was responsible to identify gaps in students and detect areas lacking fluency and accuracy to help students gain confidence and have a positive attitude.

Want to know more about Star?

Ask a question
Good first internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYMay 30, 2017
My time at Star was a great learning experience. All the employees were knowledgeable and happy to show me the ropes. Would definitely suggest interning there if you can.
Good work places
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Lakeland FloridaApril 15, 2017
I enjoy every job I ever worked at sometimes things just don't work out but overall I really enjoy the job experiences that I had at every place I ever worked at
Job location not complete, I think
Star (Former Employee) –  Star Valley, WYMarch 29, 2017
I'm not sure which part of my resume this is being pulled from, but it seems unfamiliar.
I never worked at a location I'd rate poorly, so I gave it four stars.
Great work environment, minimal growth, hard work life balance
Valet Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 25, 2016
I have gained great hospitality skills with this company
work is always guranted.
work/ life balance is hard.
working with guest is the best part/ helping people.
co workers are great.
Pros
free meals
Cons
can get extremely busy/ overwhelming at times, as well as very repetitive
Making a Difference in the Lives of People with Disabilities
Person Centered Facilitator Stringer (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNOctober 25, 2016
Scheduling is based on my schedule and availability. I work 1-2 days a week maximum. I drive to where the meeting will be held. Each meeting takes between 2-3.5 hours.

I co-facilitate person centered plans using Path and Maps methods. I am the facilitator that does the illustrations on the individuals poster. The poster is given to the individual at the end of the meeting and is used to help them work toward their goal. Having an illustrated poster is proven to work better in completing a goal, than not having one.

Working with individuals with disabilities is extremely rewarding. It feels good to know that I've helped someone get what they truly want out of life.
Pros
Make my own schedule, extremely rewarding, great people
Cons
Very part-time, no benefits for part-time workers
Great consumers
case manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 16, 2016
Overall a very nice place to work. If you enjoy working in Human Services then this is a great place to work for. A typical day starts early in the morning getting the consumer ready. When there a lot to do the time goes by relatively fast.
Pros
Overtime is always available
Cons
there was no full time opening
Fun place to work
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  650 W. 187th Street, New York, NY, 10033July 28, 2016
Fun place to work
I learned to listen the members and give them the supports they need
Management is not great
co-workers are easy to get long
the hard part about this job -- was not a training and I got to do it all by self
I soon you know what to do -- the job it is very easy
Pros
free lunch
Cons
paid 2% of your income for health cARE
Save one particular store, great experience
Bari (Former Employee) –  BufoJuly 20, 2016
Starbucks was consistent, reliable, and I loved connecting with customers throughout the busy work day. I was constantly on my feet and in a high-stress environment, but the co-workers and most of the managers I had made it enjoyable either way.
Pros
Benefits, consistency, customers
Cons
Very nice place to work at. I got the pleasure to know many people, and it helped me a lot on being more flexible, patience and available.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Raeford, NCJune 10, 2016
Attitude is everything. In both jobs I've learned that everyone is different and that is why people reacts different toward things, but it is my job as an employee to help the public and make them feel comfortable. All this years of working with people, I have being testing myself. I've learned a lot more about human interaction, but most of all, I have gain experience and how to be patience. Solving problems that seems like they do not have a solution is my thing. Sharing the work environment with my coworkers is a pleasurable moment that will always be different. You get to learn things from one another.
Very busy workplace
Client Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAMay 26, 2016
Working at the Star Center was a very good experience as an employee, but their was multiple things I myself did not agree on with the company. The work you long hours and you barely get one break if that. I personally think they over work some of the staff there. and they have alot of favoritism. I loved my job as in the work but hated going to work because of the supervisors and bosses
Pros
Getting to work with disabled clients, all ages
Cons
no breaks