Star Employee Reviews in United States

Very nice place to work at. I got the pleasure to know many people, and it helped me a lot on being more flexible, patience and available.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Raeford, NCJune 10, 2016
Attitude is everything. In both jobs I've learned that everyone is different and that is why people reacts different toward things, but it is my job as an employee to help the public and make them feel comfortable. All this years of working with people, I have being testing myself. I've learned a lot more about human interaction, but most of all, I have gain experience and how to be patience. Solving problems that seems like they do not have a solution is my thing. Sharing the work environment with my coworkers is a pleasurable moment that will always be different. You get to learn things from one another.
Very busy workplace
Client Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAMay 26, 2016
Working at the Star Center was a very good experience as an employee, but their was multiple things I myself did not agree on with the company. The work you long hours and you barely get one break if that. I personally think they over work some of the staff there. and they have alot of favoritism. I loved my job as in the work but hated going to work because of the supervisors and bosses
Pros
Getting to work with disabled clients, all ages
Cons
no breaks
Tutoring
Tutoring Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 18, 2016
I tutored students for two years every day after school through this program. It was a great company to volunteer for. Students were tutored in math, science, writing, and grammar from grades K-12. I also worked as the front desk receptionist, scheduling tutors with their students. Being the line of contact for parents and tutors and filling in when a tutor was missing.
Save one particular store, great experience
Bari (Former Employee) –  BufoJuly 20, 2016
Starbucks was consistent, reliable, and I loved connecting with customers throughout the busy work day. I was constantly on my feet and in a high-stress environment, but the co-workers and most of the managers I had made it enjoyable either way.
Pros
Benefits, consistency, customers
Cons
Great group of hard working staff members. Room for administrative growth.
Creative Director (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJMay 18, 2015
A great place to begin your career with tons of solid on-the-job experience. The people are great and there is a definite effort to create and maintain a team environment and positive group work culture. As you move up in the company you begin to hit a wall creatively with little to no room for professional or financial growth.
Pros
Great staff, team environment, solid early on-the-job experience
Cons
Little to no growth beyond mid-level positions. Administrative issues.
Awesome Career
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 7, 2015
A typical day at work at STAR, Inc. varies but there is never a dull moment here. There are many different positions and titles and from what I have seen every position is fulfilling. Everyone is always engaged in some activity or task. I learned that you must be yourself when working for STAR and have the passion to help others. The management here is great and the working environment is even better. Co workers are friendly and caring and have a passion for what they do. The hardest part of the job is getting to understand the different clients that are here. The most enjoyable part of this job is making sure the clients are safe and living good.
Enjoyed working both Clerical and Clinical sides
Recordkeeping/Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 17, 2015
Record Keeping
Continuous updating of paper files; adding physician notes, referrals, x-rays, labs, tests and procedures. Preparing files for the daily scheduled appointments with nurses or the physician. Called for pre-authorizations and medical records. Explained to the patients their responsibility to pay if insurance did not.
I aided patients as they checked in/ out for procedures. I was trained to take vitals. The physician was a true joy to work for as he was very kind and patient. During the short time I worked there. I learned so much about the spine and neck injures.
Pros
great physician and staff
Cons
job was part-time with no benefits
Fun Job teaching kids the art of movement
Dance Instructor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2014
A typical day in the work place would begin with showing up before school is out to set up for my dance classes. Once I am all set up I would help set up snack for all the kids to have before class. This program is an after school program so I would then head to my classes (2) take roll and begin my lessons. Once the last class ended we cleaned all of the areas we used and played with the kids until they were picked up and we were able to head home.
The biggest thing I have learned here is classroom management with kids. How to be effective in keeping control of your classroom while i taught. The hardest part of the job would definitely be the kids not into dancing. I would have to make sure that all of my lessons to be taught were not only technical but also very fun for everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job would be to watch the end of the session show and see your product on stage.
Enjoyed working there.
DISTRICT MANAGER NEWSPAPER CIRCULATION (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 12, 2015
Learned many parts of the newspaper business. Co-workers were great to work with. Working on my own. Meeting or calling customers to sell the paper.
Pros
Working nights
Productive and fun workplace
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monterey Bay, CAMay 19, 2015
I enjoyed working at Student Accounting of CSUMB. I gained extensive experience maintaining and creating spreadsheets, managing student accounts, and creating invoices for students and third parties. Everyone I worked with was warm and caring. It was a professional and fun work environment.
Pros
free food, coffee, approachable superiors
Cons
low pay, no posibility to work my way up in the company, limited hours
Not so fun to work at.
Substance Abuse Counselor/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 16, 2014
Working at Star Center is a job. There is no room for advancement. The owner and her spouse is very nice and they do not deserve the kind of employees they currently have working for them. Other than that, Star would be a very nice place to work.
Pros
bonuses for christmas
Cons
employees are there just for the money. not one of them care about the clients
Productive but limited
Leader (tutor) (Current Employee) –  Paramount, CAJanuary 28, 2015
I love my job, I love working with kids. I get to play games with them and teach them new things, I have gotten attached with many of them. I coach them with sports. I have learned a lot from them and from my coworkers. My coworkers are fun, and smart. They help me when I ask for help but they are also very limited to help. The hardest part of my job is to make sure my kids don't misbehave or helping them with homework because sometimes I forget a basic math rule or english rule. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with them during our activities.
Was a good "Job".
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 7, 2015
Never a day the same. Some were good and others resulted in tragedy. You always picked yourself up for another day. When youl deal with up to 150 drivers at any one time anything can happen and it keeps it interesting. Productive with pressure.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Long days
Large corporation with many locations
Business Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 16, 2012
Typical work day was fast and comfortable. Good online education available.
My management group was always supportive. The hardest part of the job was the workload, but that's what made the day fly.
Pros
able to work from home
Cons
very high workload
fun and always things to be learned at this company
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2012
go into work at 7am and prep my billing packet. Start my billing on credible. Answer phones, watch the front desk. A days worth of billing is done in 4 hours. I learned how to do mental health billing. Customer service with interacting with clients. My co-workers were awesome! The hardest part of my job is trying to concentrate if there was too much noise by the office. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the clients.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
costly health insurance
produtive and competitive
STUDENT ACTION FOR REFUGEES (Former Employee) –  CairoSeptember 13, 2014
It was an excellent work that allowed me to apply my education in a real legal environment
It was a fun productive job
Line operator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 28, 2014
The job was a temp job so there really was no stability at all. I enjoy working the for the short trem. Over all it was a easy job.
high stressed job
Press Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ft worth texasMay 3, 2014
worked under time based products. very intense eye to detail
especially for all commercial work.
Pros
good communication with supervisors
Cons
working with short handed crews
Would not reccommend
Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 27, 2014
I enjoyed working with our fellow customer service teams members, but the overall company atmosphere was not very pleasant.
fun workplace
Command center (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2012
friendly work environment. Learned lots about computers.?Great making new friends.
Cons
no cons