Star

Star Employer Reviews

produtive and competitive
STUDENT ACTION FOR REFUGEES (Former Employee), CairoSeptember 13, 2014
It was an excellent work that allowed me to apply my education in a real legal environment
Fun Job teaching kids the art of movement
Dance Instructor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2014
A typical day in the work place would begin with showing up before school is out to set up for my dance classes. Once I am all set up I would help set up snack for all the kids to have before class. This program is an after school program so I would then head to my classes (2) take roll and begin my lessons. Once the last class ended we cleaned all – more... of the areas we used and played with the kids until they were picked up and we were able to head home.
The biggest thing I have learned here is classroom management with kids. How to be effective in keeping control of your classroom while i taught. The hardest part of the job would definitely be the kids not into dancing. I would have to make sure that all of my lessons to be taught were not only technical but also very fun for everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job would be to watch the end of the session show and see your product on stage. – less
Not so fun to work at.
Substance Abuse Counselor/Case Manager (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 16, 2014
Pros: bonuses for christmas
Cons: employees are there just for the money. not one of them care about the clients
Working at Star Center is a job. There is no room for advancement. The owner and her spouse is very nice and they do not deserve the kind of employees they currently have working for them. Other than that, Star would be a very nice place to work.
high stressed job
Press Supervisor (Former Employee), ft worth texasMay 3, 2014
Pros: good communication with supervisors
Cons: working with short handed crews
worked under time based products. very intense eye to detail
especially for all commercial work.
working with some great people
PACKAGING OPERATOR (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 14, 2014
Pros: layback job
Cons: bad supervisor
clock in at 10:30 pm , go to office to get the line up shirt to see what i be doing , first thing i do is check the press line to make sure everything running and in order , then i go clean for 30 mins or help out by unloading trucks or helping out in the office. Then once the line start we all go to our area to run the press line for 3 hours , then – more... we take a break then get back to moving stuff with the pallet jacket. – less
Would not reccommend
Sales & Marketing (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 27, 2014
I enjoyed working with our fellow customer service teams members, but the overall company atmosphere was not very pleasant.
Fun place to work
Telecommuter/Medical Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 13, 2014
Enjoyed my short time working for STAR. I liked working from home. It taught me how to be disciplined and responsible to get your work done
Large corporation with many locations
Business Systems Consultant (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 16, 2012
Pros: able to work from home
Cons: very high workload
Typical work day was fast and comfortable. Good online education available.
My management group was always supportive. The hardest part of the job was the workload, but that's what made the day fly.
fun and always things to be learned at this company
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: costly health insurance
go into work at 7am and prep my billing packet. Start my billing on credible. Answer phones, watch the front desk. A days worth of billing is done in 4 hours. I learned how to do mental health billing. Customer service with interacting with clients. My co-workers were awesome! The hardest part of my job is trying to concentrate if there was too much – more... noise by the office. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the clients. – less
fun workplace
Command center (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 1, 2012
Cons: no cons
friendly work environment. Learned lots about computers.?Great making new friends.
Highly Motivated company built on customer service and professionalism
Assistant Gaming Manager (Current Employee), Sydney Australia.June 30, 2014
Pros: free meals, laundry and social group.
Cons: short breaks, some long hours.
This company endeavors to provide the best possible entertainment experience for the customer. This is demonstrated towards how they interlace customer satisfaction with employee satisfaction.
All uniforms, food, training and entertainment is provided to their employees at no cost to the employee.
Management work hard in creating a fun and safe working – more... environment which offers continual opportunities for advancement.
The hardest part would be the early morning starts, but they supply all the tools required to perform your duties, and their is always a mentor to turn to.
The best part of the job is the people. If you enjoy working in a team, this is the place for you! – less
Great experience
Program staff (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 15, 2014
Talented Customer Service Associate skilled at balancing customer needs and company demands. Effectively builds loyalty and long-term relationships with customers while achieving all individual sales goals.
driven to exceed sales goals and build long-term relationships with customers. I create a positive shopping experience through high-quality customer – more... care.
Hard working in all aspects of store operation including stocking
highly customer service-oriented, organized and possesses strong time management skills. Willing to work a flexible schedule. – less
Fun but frustrating workplace
Waiter (Former Employee), Star, ENGFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: never paid full wage
I gained experience in working 12 hour shifts, cleaning restaurant, opening and closing the premises, taking food orders, waiting on tables.

The manegment was poor as nothing was arranged properly, I never recieved a full wage, always a third of what i earned.
I had a great relationship with my co workers.

The hardest part of the job was not recieving – more... hardly any wage.
The most enjoyable was interacting with customers. – less
Brilliant experience, colleagues, and weekend bakers.
Information Services Officer (Former Employee), Tauranga, New ZealandMay 6, 2013
Pros: approachable management, lovely colleagues, eye opening experience.
Cons: repetitive nature of work.
STAR was a wonderful experience for me, I was able to switch between working on my own and working within a team. I enjoyed being responsible for achieving my own targets, yet having the security and support of management should any issues arise. I learnt a lot about how local Governments work (which was ideal given the public policy component of my – more... degree), I learnt a lot about quality control, document repair and scanning, I also learnt how important it is to establish and maintain positive work place relationships with people to allow for a productive and consistent flow of communication and information.

Management was supportive and approachable, and my co-workers were all lovely. They were positive, supportive, and a lot of them were budding weekend bakers. Interacting with my colleagues was one of my favourite things about working at STAR.

For me, the hardest part of my job was the repetitiveness of the job. Often, I would be performing the same task over and over again for 8 hours at a time. I like variety and I like to be challenged. At times I would set myself personal goals in order to have something to work towards. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new skills - I particularly enjoy upskilling and expanding my knowledge base. – less
Flexible, quick to learn, self motivated and able to adapt to change
Accounts Assistant (Current Employee), Port MelbourneDecember 6, 2012
Typical day at work is doing all the accounts work and being part of a team environment.
scientist/metabolsim disease/innovative imaging
IMIDIA WP02b, WP04 (Current Employee), genevaOctober 3, 2012
Pros: passion moment of happiness
Cons: no recognition and poor salary
cell lines experiments,
multimodal imaging,
managment of clinical human tissues,
molecular biologie (transgenics),
design of experiment, teleconferences,
monitoring, problem solving for scientists, chemists,
clinicians, poster and symposium representation.
Find where the problem lie and solve it.
Productive and Fun workplace
waitress (Current Employee), GillinghamMay 15, 2012
Pros: it's enjoyable
Cons: tiring
A typical day at work would include setting up the restaurant and putting on a smiley face for the customers. It can be hard work and we have to serve the food to the customers, provide good customer service, clear plates and tables. Clean throughout the job, Prepare desserts and serve. Everyone there is lovely and were liek a big family. The hardesr – more... part of the job would be rushing around and staying on top of cleanliness and ensuring the customers are all happy, especially on the weekends. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. – less
EMPRESA AGRADAVEL DE TRABALHAR
DESPACHANTE ADUANEIRO (Current Employee), Rio de Janeiro, RJAugust 28, 2014
Pros: fornece vale-alimentação, e horario flex
Cons: salario baixo
BEM AGITADO, COM BASTANTE TRABALHO!
TUDO QUE SEI NA AREA.!
OTIMA!
UNS BONS E OUTROS NEM TANTO!
ATURAR COLEGA PREGUIÇOSO!
A HORA QUE TEMOS BASTANTE TRABALHO E QUANTO TUDO CORRE PERFEITAMENTE,
Toujours disponibles
Stef Sa- Manutentionnaire (Former Employee), Genève, GEJune 4, 2014
Pros: assistance administratif
Cons: petites missions
Cette entreprise est toujours disponible pour son personnel.
Ambiente di lavoro molto stimolante
Magazziniere (Former Employee), Agrate Brianza, LOMSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: molto stimolante
Cons: la poca disponibilità dei colleghi.
Si lavorava su turni mattina e pomeriggio. iniziavo alle 6.00 chiedevo in quale reparto c'era più bisogno del mio impiego. o facevo picking oppure prendevo il muletto e cominciavo a portare fuori i bancali di merce in uscita, oppure cominciavo a stoccare la merce in arrivo. Quando mancavano operai prendevo il retrattile e facevo uscite o stoccaggio – more... in pratica quello che cera più bisogno di fare.
Ho imparato ad utilizzare piuttosto bene il muletto e il retrattile. alcune volte salivo anche sul trilaterale. – less