Starbucks
4,731 reviews

Starbucks Employer Reviews

Great coworkers, good place to work
Barista/Trainer (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: rude customers
I enjoyed the regulars
Coworkers became my friends
You meet great new people
sweet customers make up for the bad
Great part time job
Barista (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: little hours
Great part time job, nothing to start a career in. Starbucks is a great place to learn more about working with a team and of course the coffee culture. Hardest part of the job is multi-tasking.
Great flexible job
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Kirkland, WAJanuary 24, 2015
Loved working as a barista but it is not easy by any means. You must have time management skills, good interpersonal communication skills, the ability to stay calm in stressful situations, and physically up to the task.
easy job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
The hours were hard and long because a high turnover. But was an easy job.
good company to work for
Barista / Customer Service (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJanuary 23, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with customers
Productive, fun workplace with great opportunity for advancement
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Rocky Hill, CTJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great healthcare, free coffee
Cons: short breaks, low wages
In a typical day as a supervisor I get the store set up and then delegate tasks to the other baristas. I then mange the cash drawers and check emails to make sure everything is running to par. I balance time placing orders with working on the floor directly interacting with customers. The most difficult part of my job is dealing with and resolving issues that can arise between employees and customers. There is a fine line between treating a customer with the "customer is always right" attitude and realizing when further steps need to be taken. The best part of my job is having amazing coworkers and to talk with all the wonderful customers who come in daily.
Great benefits
Shift Manager (Current Employee), IndianapolisJanuary 23, 2015
Great company, fast paced environment, great for college students looking for great benefits!
Starbucks
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAJanuary 23, 2015
I learned to multitask in strenuous situations. I also learned that it's okay to make mistakes as long as you learn from them.
Stressful.
Barista Trainer (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Enjoyed being a barista but Starbucks benefits do not make up for how baristas are treated. They are changing to try to accommodate baristas work/life balance.
Cool Place
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), Union, NJJanuary 22, 2015
Loved this Job I really suggest it to College Students. 30% discount on everything and free drinks during your shift.
Fun workplace
Team Lead (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2015
It was a great first job. It was easy to move up from barista to a team lead in little time
Great Benefits
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: low pay
A day at Starbucks is never how you plan it. There are always complications that arise that you must problem solve on the spot to keep everything flowing smoothly. Working in stressful situation like this has always been something I have handled well and because of that, and my calm demeanor, my coworkers and customers don't feel the chaos.
Starbucks has definitely taught me work prioritization, delegation, planning, and building a routine for yourself and your team that will help guide you through tougher situations.
I was told when hired that they promoted from within and someone with my background could definitely move up to management. I have been with the company almost seven years and I have seen outside manager get hired instead of very capable and deserving baristas getting the internal promotions they were told about. I have always received the highest marks on reviews and been praised my manager and district manager for being an exceptional worker and leader but I have not yet been offered a management opportunity.
Great company to work for
Barista (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 22, 2015
I felt like Starbucks really treats their employees well. Very organized in the way things were ran and I loved working there.
Great Company!
Program Manager, Talent Development (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 22, 2015
I had an amazing 21 year run at Starbucks and built a career of which I am very proud and derive great satisfaction. Starbucks is a values driven organization, where I was able to align my own values with my work. Starbucks truly is a different kind of company, one where people matter and the organization endeavors to use it's scale for good.
Really fun and relaxed workplace with hard working co workers
Unit manager (Former Employee), New JerseyJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free coffee!! and tips!
Cons: a lot of physical labor
There was lots of energy and laughs shared while working at Starbucks. Everyone was hardworking, yet didn't take themselves too seriously. Management knew they had sales goals to meet but never pressured us. Overall, it was a really great place to work.
Wonderful 5 years of employment
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Helena, MTJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: insurance, free coffee and drinks, effective training
Cons: unhappy customers
Starbucks is a wonderful company to work for. I was always treated fairly and given opportunity to advance. I thoroughly enjoyed the customers and co-workers. I learned people skills, barista skills, supervisor skills and speed. The hardest part was the stress when the store was really busy, but we always got through it. My favorite part was definitely the people. My goal was to get a smile from every single customer and I accomplished this the majority of the time.
Fun and fast paced environment
Barista (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 21, 2015
I worked at the second busiest store in the city, with lines out the door on a constant basis it hardly gave me time to breathe. With this came both pros and cons. I would say the most positive thing about being a barista at this particular location was the non stop interaction with people. A con of this position was that when I was hired the store was short staffed fifteen people, thus creating a very hectic atmosphere.
Great place depending on manager
Barista (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Great benefits and flexible hours. The workers are nice and friendly as well as the customers. Tons of regulars. It requires you to do a lot for little pay. Pays better than most fast food places but not enough for the task you complete each day.
My work day at Safeway Starbucks!
Barista (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch, pay raises, health and dental insurance.
Cons: starting is minimum wage.
I clock in at 5:30 am and start preparing two pots of coffee, Pikes Place and Dark Roast of the day. I continue to set the pastry case in a presentable way that is eye catching to customers while following the schematic, and start making iced coffee along with iced teas. Shortly after I'll open at 6 am and assist customers with their needs in beverage making and suggesting pastries.

When the morning rush is over it is time to do the daily deep cleaning. Deep cleaning consists of moving around machinery, cleaning drains, cleaning the fridge, checking for expired product, dated doting, etc etc etc.

While working for this company I've learned to be extremely organized, pay attention to detail, have beverage knowledge, and provide excellent customer service.

My team members are great. We are constantly helping each other out and providing feedback while following up with each other.

Being able to completely do every task in one day can be challenging, but overall it is a very easy, yet fast paced environment--which I enjoy the most.
Great place to work, very fast paced
certified Barista (Former Employee), Pembroke, NCJanuary 20, 2015
very enjoyable job that will help enhance your customer service skills

1 2 3 4 5

About Starbucks

Our employees, who we call partners, are at the heart of the Starbucks Experience. We believe in treating our partners with respect – Read more