Starbucks
5,153 reviews

Starbucks Employer Reviews

Good company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: Can't think of any
A good company to work for as a first or second job.

Good training, competitive pay and benefits. Because of it's size, there will be good and not so good managers at the lower levels. I think the company listens to employees to make sure everyone at every level is given a fair opportunity.

A great CEO.
Productive and Energizing
Barista (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Retirement plan, partner discounts
Cons: not enough hours
Start work at 5:30am prepping the coffee and setting up the store to welcome the customers at 6:00am, everyday is a learning experience, from ringing up coffee to making it. Management has room for improvement. My co-workers are always bringing excitement to the floor and teamwork. Hardest part of the day, I would say would be from 8:00am to 10:00 when minimal to moderate rush occur meaning (flow of customers per transaction). Most enjoyable part of the day would be interacting with the customers.
GREAT COMPANY
BARISTA (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: BENEFITS, FREE BEVERAGES
POSSIBLY ONE OF THE BEST CORPORATIONS IVE WORKED FOR. I OPENED THE CAFE AND LEFT AROUND NOON. I WAS ABLE TO CREATE LONG LASTING RELATIONSHIPS WITH REGULARS. MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB WAS CREATED BEVERAGES CUSTOMERS ENJOYED. THE MANAGEMENT WAS PROFESSIONAL AND WERE ON TOP OF BREAKS. MY CO-WORKERS BECAME FAMILY, AND WE MOTIVATED EACH OTHER.
Friendly work environment
Barista (Former Employee), MarylandMarch 31, 2015
Co-workers were encouraged to get to know each other without forced icebreakers but through simple conversation. This created a supportive community where the manager listened and followed through with concerns and the employees clearly understood information such as benefits and operating instructions.
Bitter Sweet Job
Cashier, Batista, Customer service (Former Employee), BellevueMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Co workers, hours, work enviorment, customers
Cons: Rude customers, being at work at 5:00/5:30am to open
Regulars were very common in Starbucks and eventually they can just walk in and you'll know what they are ordering. Memorizing all the different drinks took a little bit of time but this job taught me how to multitask and work fast and well under pressure. Hardest part of the job would be costumers asking for your opinion and so you recommend something chocolate (my favorite) ad they inform you they don't like chocolate so you will recommend something else and they don't like that either so you ask questions to better get an idea of what they want and after everything they order something chocolate....
fast paced and fun
Barista (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Paramus, NJMarch 31, 2015
i loved working here in a short period of time you attend to alot of costumers and that makes the time go by fast the hardest part was keeping all the customers happy and satisfied
Shift Supervisor/ Barista
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Free Coffee, Nice People, Unbelievable Health Insurance benefits
Cons: late hours, grumpy customers, non functioning equipment
As a Shift Supervisor you are responsible for the cash tils on hand, deploying employees, managing customer complaints, and handling day to day tasks. The hardest part of the job was getting people in the right spots to succeed and also managing two different flows of traffic ( 1. The Lobby of store 2. The Drive Thru Line). The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer interaction.
Productive and fun work place.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Bloomington, INMarch 31, 2015
I'm glad to have had the almost nine years with the company. I have nothing but praise for Starbucks. I learned a lot and I am going to miss the many connections with the customers that I had daily.
Barista
Barista (Former Employee), Compton, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Markouts. Free drinks
Cons: Management, Corporate
I would never consider working there again. Starbucks as a company is full of it. They try to make it seem like they care about their partners but in reality they only care about the money .
Fun place to work, great co-workers and customers
Barista/Certified Barista Trainer (Current Employee), Holladay, UTMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Free drinks on shift and one free pastry or sandwich a day
Cons: Less positive feedback as time moves on
I learned what it is like to work as a team to achieve great customer satisfaction. I would work on the register and work on the bar (make beverages) on a typical day. I had a great manager who cared deeply about all of my coworkers. I loved almost all of my coworkers, the only problem with my store is that all of my shift supervisors have worked there for 5+ years and could get stuck in their way of doing things. Some customers also can be hard to deal with, but the regulars and the nice customers make up for the bad ones most of the time.
Fun workplace
Barista Trainer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: great benefits, co-workers, flexible schedules
Cons: short breaks, difficult work hours
Always keeping busy. A very fun and rewarding job. Management style is very easy-going as well as strict. I really learned how to multi-task as there's always something to do or someone to assist. The best part of working at Starbucks were my co-workers and customers.
Fast pace and fun environment to work in
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDMarch 29, 2015
Pros: good pay, free drinks, meet new people
Cons: busy all the time, fast paced
A typical day at work would be fast paced, serve customers, conversations with customers, count money, train employees, count inventory and clean the store. I learned how to have patience with other employees, and customers. Working at Starbucks has showed me many new things in life.
Great atmosphere, great people, great coffee!
Barista (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, free beverages, partner discounts, and excellent benefits.
Cons: Short breaks, moody management, length of time with company before promotions.
I have applied every year since 2009 to work with Starbucks Coffee Company. Once I was offered a position as a Barista in 2014, I have been in love ever since! The managers are very flexible and understanding, although sometimes uptight, they are also very passionate and understanding. The benefits are great and they even offer a College Achievement Problem that helps their partners complete their college degrees and gives full tuition reimbursement. I have grown as a person in character, patience, and learned a great deal about customer service while working with Starbucks. I actually love my job!
thomas' summary
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Glastonbury, CTMarch 29, 2015
typical day consists of working hard to make customers happy. learned what its like to be a barista.the management is great and so are my co-workers.
Overall a Great Company
Manager Engineering, Global Operations (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, nice work environment, progressive company
Cons: Average to lower end pay per industry, health benefits are basic
I have been with Starbucks for many years and really enjoy working there. There are many great benefits and exciting projects to be part of. Rather quick job advancement can be attained through strong performance.
Hard work with great employees
Barista (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 27, 2015
Overall good place to work. Must always be productive and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
Starbucks culture creates a good environment.
Very accommodating to customer needs.
Not for anyone who is unable to do physical activities or someone who easily tires. It can be exhausting at times with little appreciation from corporate. However, managers and coworkers are usually quick to appreciate you because they work just as hard.
Fun place to work
Barista (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, Great co-workers
Cons: Long hours, not much pay
Starbucks is by far one of the best jobs I've ever had when it comes to loving what you do, and great people to work with. The hardest part of the job is that there isn't much pay for baristas when it's the front lines of the company. Every other part is wonderful.
A Good Experience
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), Redmond, ORMarch 27, 2015
I love coffee and I love people so ideally I thought this would be the perfect job. I think coffee shops should be more accepting to everyone and have a more relaxed atmosphere.
Fun Environment, Depends on Management and location.
Barista (Former Employee), Fontana, CaMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits, flexibility, environment, clientele.
Cons: Management, favoritism and most managers could care less because you can and will be replaced.
I've worked at numerous Starbucks locations and with that experience its easy to say that favoritism is the main fundamentals as far as promotion, hours, and overall experience. You need to brown nose to get anywhere in the company and management constantly shows how disposable you are given the amount of applications received.
I love the company and the benefits. I've had fantastic to brutal experiences at Starbucks. Promised a promotion 4 times and management gave it to someone else without notifying me of the filled position. You work hard almost every day, learn to manage your own time.
Overall I love the company, its just the higher ups are focused more on favoritism than productivity and its sad but I hope others have a better experience.
Good Steady Job
Barista (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Free food and drinks, Discount, Weekly Pay
Cons: Management Sucks, No real room for growth
The weekly pay and the perks are what makes the job tolerable but overall the Mangement (Shifts, ASM, Store Managers) is a bust and are only looking out their own jobs and best interest. It teaches you to deal with rude customers and helps hone your customer service skills.

1 2 3 4 5

About Starbucks

Our employees, who we call partners, are at the heart of the Starbucks Experience. We believe in treating our partners with respect – Read more

Starbucks Salaries