Starbucks Employee Reviews in United States

Found 6,992 reviews matching the search
Great Culture, No future
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAMay 30, 2016
The company overall has a great culture and many opportunities for advancement, but in my locality, there is few opportunities and compensation for a dedicated employee is subpar.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CA and Portland, ORMay 30, 2016
I learned so much from this company. It helped me grow as a person. The hardest part of the job was when people would call off constantly and there was no coverage. Overall they give you great benefits and are flexible with your schedule.
Pros
Free food mark-outs. Free drinks 30 mins before and after shift.
Cons
Training has been cut shorter throughout the years.
Fun workplace
Barista (Current Employee) –  IndianaMay 30, 2016
On a typical day at Starbucks we do various things. We clean, make drink for our guests. We handle money and cash register, we also handle drive thru. Overall it is a fun work place but once it gets really busy it can be overwhelming.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Job review
Barista (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 30, 2016
I love working here its just they don't pay enough. They hire people even though they cut everyone else's hours. I make $8.75 and I cant live on that .
Great work ethics in place if they're followed.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 30, 2016
Hard, physical labor, repetitive movements. Oftentimes the management is either too focused on business and not employees and customers. Or too focused on just having fun and not sticking to policies. The starbucks plan works, but not everyone works it like it should be worked.

Customers are 80% wonderful. Co-workers attitudes vary daily and many could not put personal stuff behind them to focus on making others around them satisfied.

They pay those at HQ FAR MORE than those in front of the public everyday, working to prepare safe food environments.
An interesting job
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 29, 2016
I have worked in a cafe store and mall store. Both are have a very different environment. Working at a mall store can be very overwhelming and crazy, especially durning the holidays. But working in that type of environment can give you the best experience on striving on speed, accuracy, time management, and how to learn to stay calm during the high peeks of rushes because its basically all day. When working in a cafe store its pretty much getting your rushes in the early morning, lunch hour, and afternoon. You have plenty of downtime to clean and get ready for the next rush. The only common ground you have at any location are the people you work with and your customers. People who work for starbucks are the most interesting, wonderful, and diverse partners. They are one of top reason why I love working for this company. People are just naturally fun and happy. For customers we have a loyal one and our we see them whenever they feel like it. I have notice that they tend to love stores with happy partners, who enjoy being there. They feel the atmosphere as welcoming and inviting which is why we tend to have plenty of loyalties.
Pros
Free drinks and1 free meal while working, healthcare, discounts
Great company, products and people
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJMay 28, 2016
This company walks the talk and give their employees a lot of benefits like vacation, health insurance, 401K all for part-time workers.
Productive and fun.
Barista Trainer (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 28, 2016
I loved working there. The people that come in are crazy, but that's what makes the day fun. Your coworkers are what gets you through the crazy.
a regular part time job
Barista (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 27, 2016
Made drinks and took orders, provided excellent customer service, basic cleaning tasks, trained new hires, did small inventories. in short a basic part time job at a good company.
Exciting job
Supervisor, HMS Host (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 27, 2016
Back then I liked it to hear about it now is horrible stay away management is horrible now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Co- workers were the bomb back then. Learned a lot about customer service and coffee
Pros
pay, advancement, fun atmosphere
Cons
MANAGEMENT IS HORRIBLE
Wonderful Work Place
Barista (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 27, 2016
Wonderful place to work with many smiling and friendly coworkers.The workload is enough to keep busy by is not overwhelming. I love everything about working at Starbucks
Pros
Wonderful coworkers, great hours, breaks for each employee working more than 4 hours.
Highly recommend working for Starbucks
Barista (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 27, 2016
I've have gone to Starbucks everyday, literally, for the past 20 years. I've known many people who've worked for Starbucks and loved it. While I have some time on my hands I decided to work as a Barista. The manager is wonderful and my co-workers are fun and very hard working. It's fast paced and exhausting to be on your feet all day, but it's still alot of fun.
a productive place to be its always buy
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 27, 2016
a typical work day for me is all about helping other or putting a smile on another persons face.i have learned patients, and how to be understanding of others.i learned how to manage my time better. management/coworker are excellent.we all work together to make the work day very productive.the most enjoyable part of my day is to put a smile on customer faces.the hardest part is dealing with rude people but i have learned that if there having a bad day just smile and be nice maybe that will help there day a little more
Learned a lot
Barista (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMay 27, 2016
I learned SO MUCH from working working at Starbucks but I'm trying to leave as soon as possible because I don't like working with customers, I need to make more money and it's really hard to get promoted. You have to stand on your feet all day long and that's really difficult. I've developed plantar fasciitis because of it. We got a new manager a couple months ago and they are very controlling and won't give us enough hours.

But I do love everyone I work with.
Pros
Free food and drinks, health benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
hard to get promoted, low pay, customers
Very rewarding and fun place to work
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 27, 2016
Working for Starbucks is a great first job. It is rewarding in every aspect you learn how to produce a product, customer service, and cleaning tasks.
Great co-workers
Barista (Current Employee) –  Windsor, COMay 26, 2016
The co-workers are great. They are willing to work around your schedule but they still want you to work full time. The hours are good. This Starbucks is part of King Soopers so the perks are different from the stand alone stores. It is a good place to work for short term if you are looking for a different career path or long term if coffee is your cup of tea.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
only wanted full time employment
Great work environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Southborough, MAMay 26, 2016
love it, respect from everyone, great coworkers, great management. Ive been with the company for years and it is great.
Fast-paced effective-yet-social workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Riverbank, CAMay 26, 2016
Though one was expected to be professional, organized, and efficient in one's tasks, the workplace was constantly filled with good humor and pleasant conversation between coworkers and customers alike.
Up beat
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 26, 2016
• Provide guidance and information to team partners regarding products, policies, procedures, and systems.
• Monitor and addresses sub-standard service levels.
• Manage partners to identify coaching and training opportunities that will improve sales or productivity. Monitors and addresses sub-standard service levels.
• Monitor daily scheduling needs and makes changes according to documented policy.
Fun Place to work with good benefits for a coffee shop.
Shift Leader/Barista (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCMay 26, 2016
Starbucks is an enjoyable experience and with all the benefits; I have to recommend to anyone to apply to work here. I have learned tons about the products at starbucks as well.
Pros
free lunch, health, eye, dental care, 401k
Cons
short breaks