Starbucks
4,722 reviews

Starbucks Employer Reviews

good company to work for
Barista / Customer Service (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJanuary 23, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with customers
Productive, fun workplace with great opportunity for advancement
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Rocky Hill, CTJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great healthcare, free coffee
Cons: short breaks, low wages
In a typical day as a supervisor I get the store set up and then delegate tasks to the other baristas. I then mange the cash drawers and check emails to make sure everything is running to par. I balance time placing orders with working on the floor directly interacting with customers. The most difficult part of my job is dealing with and resolving issues that can arise between employees and customers. There is a fine line between treating a customer with the "customer is always right" attitude and realizing when further steps need to be taken. The best part of my job is having amazing coworkers and to talk with all the wonderful customers who come in daily.
Great benefits
Shift Manager (Current Employee), IndianapolisJanuary 23, 2015
Great company, fast paced environment, great for college students looking for great benefits!
Starbucks
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAJanuary 23, 2015
I learned to multitask in strenuous situations. I also learned that it's okay to make mistakes as long as you learn from them.
Stressful.
Barista Trainer (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Enjoyed being a barista but Starbucks benefits do not make up for how baristas are treated. They are changing to try to accommodate baristas work/life balance.
Cool Place
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), Union, NJJanuary 22, 2015
Loved this Job I really suggest it to College Students. 30% discount on everything and free drinks during your shift.
Great company to work for
Barista (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 22, 2015
I felt like Starbucks really treats their employees well. Very organized in the way things were ran and I loved working there.
Great Company!
Program Manager, Talent Development (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 22, 2015
I had an amazing 21 year run at Starbucks and built a career of which I am very proud and derive great satisfaction. Starbucks is a values driven organization, where I was able to align my own values with my work. Starbucks truly is a different kind of company, one where people matter and the organization endeavors to use it's scale for good.
Really fun and relaxed workplace with hard working co workers
Unit manager (Former Employee), New JerseyJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free coffee!! and tips!
Cons: a lot of physical labor
There was lots of energy and laughs shared while working at Starbucks. Everyone was hardworking, yet didn't take themselves too seriously. Management knew they had sales goals to meet but never pressured us. Overall, it was a really great place to work.
Wonderful 5 years of employment
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Helena, MTJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: insurance, free coffee and drinks, effective training
Cons: unhappy customers
Starbucks is a wonderful company to work for. I was always treated fairly and given opportunity to advance. I thoroughly enjoyed the customers and co-workers. I learned people skills, barista skills, supervisor skills and speed. The hardest part was the stress when the store was really busy, but we always got through it. My favorite part was definitely the people. My goal was to get a smile from every single customer and I accomplished this the majority of the time.
Fun and fast paced environment
Barista (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 21, 2015
I worked at the second busiest store in the city, with lines out the door on a constant basis it hardly gave me time to breathe. With this came both pros and cons. I would say the most positive thing about being a barista at this particular location was the non stop interaction with people. A con of this position was that when I was hired the store was short staffed fifteen people, thus creating a very hectic atmosphere.
Great place depending on manager
Barista (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Great benefits and flexible hours. The workers are nice and friendly as well as the customers. Tons of regulars. It requires you to do a lot for little pay. Pays better than most fast food places but not enough for the task you complete each day.
My work day at Safeway Starbucks!
Barista (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch, pay raises, health and dental insurance.
Cons: starting is minimum wage.
I clock in at 5:30 am and start preparing two pots of coffee, Pikes Place and Dark Roast of the day. I continue to set the pastry case in a presentable way that is eye catching to customers while following the schematic, and start making iced coffee along with iced teas. Shortly after I'll open at 6 am and assist customers with their needs in beverage making and suggesting pastries.

When the morning rush is over it is time to do the daily deep cleaning. Deep cleaning consists of moving around machinery, cleaning drains, cleaning the fridge, checking for expired product, dated doting, etc etc etc.

While working for this company I've learned to be extremely organized, pay attention to detail, have beverage knowledge, and provide excellent customer service.

My team members are great. We are constantly helping each other out and providing feedback while following up with each other.

Being able to completely do every task in one day can be challenging, but overall it is a very easy, yet fast paced environment--which I enjoy the most.
Great place to work, very fast paced
certified Barista (Former Employee), Pembroke, NCJanuary 20, 2015
very enjoyable job that will help enhance your customer service skills
Quick and fun atmosphere
Certified Barista (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free coffee all day while you work
Cons: over time is not allowed
Typical days start out very busy and keeping an upbeat attitude to help motivate team players to get through the shift.

Learned about a company that really holds value about coffee and how important it is to know coffee tasting. Coffee tasting and becoming certified is a better way to help customers know what they are drinking and how to decide what they want.

Management team work together in always completing the daily routines and make sure everyone is up to date on recent announcements for the best performance maintained.

Co-Workers are like family and willing to work together as a team to always be successful in the busiest of times. They are always willing to be there for an absent shift and be able to pick up the slack with a positive attitude.

The hardest part about the job is remembering the high standards must be always maintained at all times and cannot settle for anything less no matter how busy the store may be.

The most enjoyable part is that you can be yourself and have an important connection with your customers that become regulars and have a big impact on their day that being as positive.
A great company with many benefits available to employees
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee), North TexasJanuary 20, 2015
I love the diversity of the employees and the ability to individualize the team you work with. The hours could be long as a manager.
Pleasant work place with great benefits
Barista (Current Employee), Wellington, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free food, free drinks, markouts, fun work environment, nice coworkers
Cons: snippy customers
Everyone helps each other out and you depending on your store, you become close with your coworkers fast. Great place to work
LOVE IT!
Barista (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 19, 2015
Loved my job there wish i could stayed, loved the environment. My coworkers were fun to work with and i enjoyed learning about different coffee types and this job taught me the prime examples of delivering great customer service each day i came in to work. Even when the store got crazy busy i enjoyed it , having it always keeping me on my toes i never got bored with what i did.
Amazing Coffee Experience
Store Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: quality food & beverages, leaders in the coffee world
The greatest place to work. High energy, dedicated to guest and partner satisfaction.
Well-Established company that takes care of its employees with a fun, safe and productive work atmosphere.
Barista, Cashier, Customer Service, Retail (Current Employee), Littleton, COJanuary 19, 2015
Starbucks is probably the best job I have had in the five and a half years I've worked. The company itself truly cares for its employees. And the people I have met are outstanding; both customers and co-workers. I greet everyone with a smile and an openness for questions. I've learned a lot about customer service and of course coffee! They like to make management an opportunity for everyone; everyone that is willing to put in the work that is. The hardest part is not having holidays off. The most enjoyable part of working at Starbucks is the people, I love my customers and I love my co-workers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Starbucks

Our employees, who we call partners, are at the heart of the Starbucks Experience. We believe in treating our partners with respect – Read more