Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 9,980 reviews matching the search
Great work environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 28, 2017
Great way to build teamwork
Fast paced work environment
Flexible work hours
Amazing culture, revolves around mission to not only satisfy customers but also to build long lasting connections with customers and partners alike.
Very upbeet and awesome place to work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIApril 28, 2017
You have to complete a various about of tasks, sometimes multitasking. I have learned how to communicate with customers and employees. Hardest part of the job is learning how to sequence the drinks and learning all the different types of drinks. It is a great environment to chill.
Pros
free coffee while working
Cons
time effiency
coffee shop
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2017
Starbucks is a good company to work for if you need the benefits. Management in most stores is awful and the company itself does not think of the baristas. More focused on making more money for the company. There were labor cuts and more work is put on the barista's back and is a very stressful job.
benefits
Cons
stressfull, no recognition
Coffee and friends
Shift Supervisor/Barista (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNApril 28, 2017
This is a fast-paced job, particularly if you work mornings. You can create a good sense of community and friendship within your store by not only working hard, but having fun while doing it. The benefits are pretty great as well.
fun atomosphere
My main position was a barista and cashier (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILApril 28, 2017
Great place to work. New experiences everyday. Great interaction with many different people. Great place to make people smile all for a morning cup of coffee.
great place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Newton, MA 02458April 28, 2017
manager was a little unlevel headed and didnt listen to the staff very well, but overall it was good and very good learning experience, the customers were okay and benefits were very good
Productive and fun work place
Barista (Current Employee) –  Sunland, CAApril 28, 2017
As much as I complain about my job, I do love it. It's fast paced, and I work well in fast paced environment. I love a challenge, and that's what you get from working here.
Pros
Free drinks and a free food item
Cons
Short breaks
This job was a fun experience. It was very homey like
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 28, 2017
while working at this job I learned how to do many this such as make drinks on the espresso machine. I learned how to brew coffee and I also was taught how to clean properly.
Pros
Free drinks and food markouts
Cons
Short breaks
Really nice place
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Island Park, NYApril 28, 2017
Great workers and great boss very friendly enviorment. Wasn't really hard work just a lot of dealing with rude costumers other then that a great place to work
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Short breaks
Great experience but bad management
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 27, 2017
Culture is great but some management are bad.
People are nice
Easy life
Nice location.
Decent compensation.
Great benefits and work life balance.
But some managers/ leads are such micro managers that it feels too claustrophobic.
Great Work Place
Barista (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 27, 2017
It is a great working environment and they provide an exceptional amount of benefits. A great job that is warm and welcoming,, makes you feel welcomed and appreciated.
Pros
Free Lunch
A very fun and stressful workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 27, 2017
The company was a good company until the CEO started to make all stores a drive-thru. It definitely took away from the customer experience. The requested days off were very easy. They offer stock once you been employed for about 6 months.
Great Benefits, poor compensation
Barista (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLApril 27, 2017
Starbucks as a whole is an amazing company to work for. I hate that there is no personalized raises, no matter how much you work, yearly you will get a raise. Which really is discouraging for those of us who really go the extra mile. Management also can be iffy, but luckily for my location we have an amazing manager.
Pros
Benefits, flexibly, life/work balance
Cons
Poor Compensation
fast paced work environment
Cashier/Barista (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 27, 2017
always had great customers, very friendly vibe, management was ok. had fun making the different beverages. interesting new faces and beverages constantly rotating.
Pros
free lunch
Co-workers always become friends unlike at other jobs
Barista/Barista Trainer (Current Employee) –  Blacklick, OHApril 27, 2017
The job can be fast paced and fun, it can also be stressful and repetitive. I think it's interesting how everyone has a specific way they like their coffee. If you enjoy making handcrafted beverages, elegant coffees and sweet Frappuccino's, than this is the job for you!
Pros
A free drink 30min before and after start/end of shift, One free food item per shift, 10min break aprox every two hours and a 30min lunch break if you work over 6 hours.
Great place to work at!
BARISTA (Current Employee) –  Margate, FLApril 27, 2017
Management isn't always the best and pay isn't as high for the amount of duties and work related stress that occurs. Been in Starbucks for as long as I can remember and opportunities are not given to the people who deserve it.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
very productive
Barista - Lake Nona, FL (Current Employee) –  Lake Nona, FLApril 27, 2017
very nice working environment, very good benefit,
required a lot of team work, but very high turn over rate
fast paced depends on how busy the location is
Pros
great benefit
Cons
not stable, shift hours
Interesting, fast-paced environment with occasionally stressful situations
Barista (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 27, 2017
A typical day at my work place involved a number of different tasks being performed depending on what my shift manager decided to have me do for my shift. Sometimes, I would be stationed in one place, other times, I would perform multiple roles and not be stuck in one position for an extended period of time. The tasks I would most commonly perform would be cleaning, coffee cadence/store support, register work, or bar work. Each one came with a different set of standards and required tasks, some more than others. For example, cleaning would require that I follow not just the local laws and health code regulations, but also those set forth by our company's own health auditing company. Coffee cadence/store support, on the other hand, would require that I follow a strict list of tasks to keep my store supplied and our lobby area looking welcoming and clean. Each role kept me occupied and I was never left wandering around with no idea as of what to do.
I learned a lot during my time at the company. I learned how to up-sell to customers, how to be engaging without being overbearing, and how to multitask better and be more intuitive as to a customer's overall wants and needs. I also learned about basic health and safety policies and how to interpret information given to us directly from the company regarding advisories or changes to the rewards program or promotions. I honestly feel that I still learn something new everyday, despite being with the company for 5 years straight.
Management here was hit and miss. Overall, it was pretty solid, but some naturally stood out more than others.
  more... I've had my share of both good and bad managers, both of the shift manager and store manager kind. The bad ones usually never lasted very long, or ended up transferring to another location.
My workplace culture was overall, a very good balance between what the company should expect for us to provide to our customers and for what we as partners should expect from the company. Some things have been hit or miss over the years as far as certain events/policy changes, but overall, I've been very satisfied with everything the company has offered and expected and provided for me in terms of my workplace. The core values emphasized not only our customer's experience in the store, but also our experience with them. They wanted to promote a two-way relationship that made customers want to come back and become regulars and enjoy the brief period of time they would visit the store. On more stressful days, these values could be a little more difficult to implement, but they would shine through in the moments that counted. We have a large base of regulars at my store because we focus so much on those values on top of providing a great overall customer experience, and it has made my crew that I work with very popular.
One of the hardest parts of the job, I feel, was dealing with people who took "the customer is always right" to a whole new level. I love most of the people that come into my store, but there's occasionally a bad egg in the bunch that has taken company policies to the extreme. For the most part, these issues were always resolved by my shift or my store manager, and very rarely were they taken to the corporate level, as far as I am aware.
Despite this, the most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with and attending to customers. Outside of our large, amazing base of regulars, some of the more frequent customers are fantastic people to attend to. I know many, many customers by their first names, know about their family lives, and know their drink orders down to a science. They are wonderful, wonderful people and they always make the more stressful days a little bit more bearable. I wouldn't trade them for anything. My fellow partners, especially on my current crew, are amazing as well, and have helped me through a lot and kept me going strong on those strenuous days. If they ever needed help, I would offer it when I could.
Overall, I love working with the company, outside of the few stressful days it provides. The crew that I work with and my base of regulars have ensured that I can say that I fully enjoyed my time with the company, even during a stressful situation when it crops up. This company was wonderful to work for and I will miss my time here when I move on to the next leg of my work life.
Pros
Partner discounts, great work crew, fantastic regulars, free food/drinks on shift, free take-home coffee every week, decent food
Cons
Advancement lacking, stressful situations involving customers, occasionally unsafe cleaning duties
Fun place to work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILApril 27, 2017
Being a barista is a rewarding and enjoyable job. It also provides great benefits, I would just like a change of scenery in my work environment. Overall, I have loved and will continue to love my time with Starbucks.
Pros
Free coffee, discount, health benefits
Cons
Advancement is tricky
Great workplace with a lot of diversity.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Syosset, NYApril 27, 2017
To manage, control and develop the success of Starbucks. Regularly exercise initiative in managing the store. Managing and coaching employees, making people decisions e.g development and recruitment, ensuring customer satisfaction and product quality. Provide a unique coffee experience to all of our customers by providing a prompt service, quality beverages and products and maintaining a clean and comfortable environment. Manage the financial performance along with health and safety and security issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2