Starbucks
3,246 reviews

Starbucks Employer Reviews

Disliked it here.
BARISTA (Former Employee), Barstow, CaApril 17, 2014
I went into Starbuck's thinking it would be a very cool place to work for. It kind of had that reputation. I was wrong. My store went through at least 3 managers in the two years I was there. The last one I worked for was horrible, and so was the District Manager. I was sent home one day because my shirt wasn't tucked in. So, I lost a whole day because – more... she didn't want to tell me my shirt was untucked. I didn't even realize it was. I thought that was completely ridiculous. The actual job itself wasn't that bad. I liked the fast paced environment. I just wish I had a better manager. – less
Great co-workers and costumers!
Barista (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 17, 2014
Pros: free drinks when working!
Cons: can be very demanding physically and emotionally.
I have learned amazing time management being a barista. You are required to do multiple things at once, for instance steam milk, pull shots of espresso while grabbing pastries and keeping up a conversation with costumers at the same time! I love the rush. My management has always been there to help me with any bump in the road I have experienced. I – more... enjoy my co-workers, I love all of the different personalities collaborating to make a product that people enjoy. The hardest part of my job are days when we don't have enough staff and our costumers suffer. I try my hardest so that they may not notice a difference in service from our situation. The most enjoyable part of my job is when my customers get so excited when I hand them a drink. – less
Great company to work for
❸ Highly motivated team partner (Former Employee), Springfield IL, San Diego Ca, and Raleigh NCApril 17, 2014
Great place to work for. Had amazing benefits and even stock options. I only left because I knew from the beginning it was never supposed to be permit.
Hard work,but lots of fun.
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Union City, CAApril 16, 2014
Starbucks was one of my first jobs, but I stuck around because I learned so much.

Say what you will about their coffee, but the commitment to excellent customer service is undeniable.
Fun for a job, not a career
Barista (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 16, 2014
It was fun making coffee and Starbucks is very cultured. You can't go far on this salary though.
Productive and Secure
Barista (Current Employee), Millersville, PAApril 16, 2014
Great work environment, high work load and great management
Fun and Fast Paced
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2014
I would supervise employees on my shift. I trained new hires. I made drinks and served customers.
Great place to work!
Barista (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAApril 16, 2014
Fast pace work environment, great perks and benefits, love my customers!
Amazing
BARISTA (Former Employee), OceansideApril 15, 2014
Fun time for a seasonal job. I had fun every day and loved what I did.
A wonderful first job
Barista (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVApril 15, 2014
Pros: weekly 1lb. coffee, free drinks
As my first job, I didn't know what to expect. The manager of the store was great. He was willing to take the time to teach you what you didn't understand. The co-workers all worked well as a team. Working with the general public was a great experience. The hardest part was as a first time job holder, the busy times.
Accountant I
Accountant I (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 15, 2014
Contributed in accurate preparation and analysis of US and Canadian licensed stores financial statements.
Help fellow team members, managers, and directors understand and forecast results. Managed revenue
accounts, performed monthly closing tasks, monitored team email inbox. Researched, utilized company’s
Business Intelligence tools, and collaborated – more... daily within and outside immediate team. Accommodated fastpaced
nature and complexity of company. Personally recognized for continual process improvement, proactive
mind-set, project management, and positive attitude. – less
precise and fast-paced
Barista (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAApril 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: compensation
getting customers correct orders out to them in a timely manner
Super fun
Barista (Former Employee), Gainesville and Warrenton VAApril 14, 2014
Pros: fun, interact with people, establish relationships, upward mobility
Cons: short breaks, scheduling issues, conflict with management
I've worked at various Starbucks locations for almost 4 years. It was amazing. I had a lot of fun and my coworkers and I still maintain a great level of community. I loved getting to see my "regulars" everyday and establishing some memorable relationships. The hardest part of the job was trying to be flexible with my schedule. As a college student, – more... I needed irregular days off for group meetings and office hours and my manager wasn't very flexible with me. Otherwise, I loved working at Starbucks. – less
Barista position
Barista (Former Employee), GAApril 14, 2014
Pros: stocks benefits
Cons: busy always with not enough staff most days
Starbucks was a wonderful company to work for in 2006.As the years passed the culture faded and it was more working with less staff with growing customer base and struggling to keep up with customers don't have time for culture anymore just fast service however this was hard to do with decreasing labor and increasing customers.Stressful but workable – more... before but now just stressful. If you like to always be busy this would be for you.Manager are not bad however i think they are also stressed especially when other managers or District/Regional managers come and visit which is the only time you really get extra staff. Overall if you need a job not entirely too bad you at least get your breaks on time no problem. – less
afdas
Barista (Former Employee), Parker, COApril 13, 2014
I hated it, short hours, no healthcare before 6 months, it sucks.
Fun Place to Work
Barista (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCApril 12, 2014
Pros: culture, atmosphere, discounts, benefits, management
Cons: pay
Excellent atmosphere, the pay is not so great, but the benefits make up for it. Plenty of room for advancement.
Overall a great company to work for.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Seattle, WA / Avondale, AZApril 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits, discounts and free coffee
Cons: short breaks, inconsistent scheduling and hours
90% of my 7 years of time with the company has been fantastic. The company sets up many standards that are generally the same anywhere you go. However, that isn't always the case. Like any job, there's always the chance of having really poor management. It's a crapshoot really. But the best part is it's an easy job that you can have lots of fun doing.

What – more... I've learned? That external recruits for Starbucks never pan out. – less
Amazing company
COFFEE BARISTA (Former Employee), Covina, CAApril 11, 2014
Treat others with dignity and respect was the most amazing work ethic encouraged. A typical day at work was fast-paced and ever changing environment. Starting from the moment I got to work I was engaged with Starbucks Customers at the register to preparing the coffee beverages. The most friendly experience, ever.
I learned that I can achieve what is – more... put in front of me... no matter what the difficulty.
Management was the most respectful and great experience hands on experience.
Co-workers were great.
The hardest part of the job was learning how to make the drinks during business hours, real under the gun type thing.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my fellow employees and the diverse group of customers, never a dull day. – less
Fun and flexible job that is great for college students
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), San Pablo, CAApril 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, discount, free pound of coffee every week, tips
Typical days as a shift supervisor included assisting the store manager in operational tasks as well as deploying partners and providing great service to our customers.
I learned to prepare hand crafted beverages, provide excellent customer service, and lead a team. Additional skills include cash handling.
For the most part, managers were very supportive – more... and flexible when it comes school. At times, a lot of pressure and stress would be put onto the supervisors but it was only to ensure that the team met all company standards and goals.
Coworkers seem to really enjoy their job as it is flexible with school. Those that stick around tend to really love the company and the customers.
The hardest part of the job as a supervisor is making sure that every partner, including new ones, are all up to par with Starbucks standards.
The most enjoyable part of the job consists of the connections built with partners as well as regular customers. Learning how to make hand crafted beverages is also an enjoyable part of the job as being a good barista is truly a skill. – less
Fun, Fast-paced, and Awesome work ethic.
Barista/Barista Trainer (Current Employee), Thibodaux, LAApril 11, 2014
Pros: free drinks on the clock up until 2 hours after your shift, offers benefits to workers who work 20+ hrs a week, and the company gives you a free pound of coffee a week.
Cons: no free drinks off the clock and no free food ever.
My customers are awesome and so are my coworkers. I enjoy opening the store every morning and making espresso drinks. Management can be a little different, but it is always a work in progress. Starbucks offers amazing benefits to workers and takes care of workers in need.

1 2 3 4 5

About Starbucks

Our employees, who we call partners, are at the heart of the Starbucks Experience. We believe in treating our partners with respect – Read more