Starbucks
5,531 reviews

Starbucks Employee Reviews

Starbucks is a great company to work for.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), East Marion, NYMay 21, 2015
While working at Starbucks, I worked as a team leader. My job was to guide and coach other partners through a successful shift.
Working At Starbucks
Barista (Current Employee), Pacific Beach, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great customers, good tips, great benefits
Cons: Favoritism through out the team, non-promotional
Overall working at Starbucks is a great experience. All of my coworkers I get along well with, and everyone, for the most part, works great together! There are times when there is favoritism between the manager and shifts/baristas. I've been asking my manager about becoming a shift-lead supervisor and she keeps avoiding to help me through it.
Easy Hours
BARISTA/DT (Former Employee), Oak Park, ILMay 21, 2015
Pros: 3 Breaks
Cons: benefits
My typical day at Starbucks was busy, yet enjoyable. I love the diversity of coworkers as well as managers, very nice environment too.
fun atmosphere
Barista (Former Employee), Winchester, KYMay 21, 2015
Pros: environement
I was able to interact with customers on a one-on-one basis. I was able to experiment with drinks. I had a flexible work schedule. The management was very down to earth.
Good company
Barista (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Nice co-workers, discounts, good company
Cons: Particular customers, different rules since it was under another store
Good company that pays well and offers opportunities for advancement. Great environment and staff were nice, as well as the manager who would work with everyone and work with schedules. Things only became stressful when there were many customers at once, since the kiosk is small. Staff knew how to work well together and promptly delivered beverages.
Great job
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARMay 21, 2015
Making the drinks and making people smile was great. The pace was never too much to handle as long as we were properly staffed. The hardest part of the job was keeping the work area clean when you had a lot of customers to serve.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 21, 2015
Usually fun, good people, the company does a lot to show it cares about its employees. Of course this all depends on the store manager you end up with
Starbucks on the SUNY Oneonta Campus
Barista, Starbucks, Licensed By Sodexo (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYMay 21, 2015
It was so much fun! My typical shift consisted of me coming in and starting right away on helping out the staff that was already there. I would refill syrups, milks, change the garbages, warm up pastries, etc. I would also jump onto cold or hot bar depending and start preparing and serving beverages. It can be busy sometimes and that can be overwhelming but that also is adrenaline boosting. I love the customers, I love making that connection with first time customers or the regulars that come in every day. My co-workers were mostly students although there were a couple union employees and supervisors. We all had such a great rapport and would cover one another when we could. The management was fun as well, firm but that's what made Starbucks run well.
Not what you think.
Barista (Current Employee), Streamwood, ILMay 21, 2015
Pros: Get to be yourself. Being around people.
Cons: You don't have a "true" weekend.
When I had originally started working back in 2006, the company's focus was all about the customer. I loved that. They wanted us to make Starbucks feel like a 2nd home for customers. Warm and welcoming. Fast forward a couple of years, and that changed. For the worse, it did. Became about numbers and such. I had left the company in 2011 in search of a job that "was my calling," and haven't succeeded yet. Those close to me would tell me that "Starbucks was ME. Being around people and making people happy was ME." So, I applied and was given a job there again. I was hoping that the mindset behind the company was like it was back in 2006, but it isn't.

Yes, I have fun working with my fellow baristas, but it's just not the place for me. I love making customers happy. It fuels me. It gives me a boost when I hear them compliment me for making their day and what-not.

During the years after my first stint with Starbucks, I was trying to figure myself out and what it is, job-wise, that I wanted to do. It just seems that customer service is my calling. But for what company?

I'm just hoping that I can find a company out there...a job, that just feels right. That calls out to me.
Fun Place to Work
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Laveen, AZMay 21, 2015
Pros: Fun job, super cool coworkers
Cons: Frappucino Happy Hour
Starbucks is a fun fast paced job. You meet a lot of new people. It is fun for the most part but also stressful. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers sometimes it can be really difficult.
Fast paced, fun place to work.
Barista (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2015
Working at Starbucks is often hectic. From the start of my shift at 5:00 am until I finish, I am constantly running around staying busy making drinks or prep work for the rest of the day.
It was a job.
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 20, 2015
It was a easy job. I learn very quick so I learned how to do every position in a month. The management was very unprofessional.
very busy and fun place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), washington, dcMay 20, 2015
Pros: starbucks perks
Cons: short breaks
every day was different and every customer was interesting. i learned how to deal with different nationalities and management was okay just no consistency. my coworkers were always changing so i never got to get to know any one really. hardest part was learning the drinks but once you get it, you wont never forget it. my most enjoyable part of my day was tasting diffrent coffees.
It's what you make of it.
Barista (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 20, 2015
The company itself is stellar. Management within specific stores can make the job frustrating. Fun job, fast pace, and tons of people.
Great place to work!
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), Hillsborough, NJMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great pay and hours!
Cons: none
Starbucks is a fantastic company to work for. Pay is great, hours are great as well. The management was always fair and approachable. I was able to hone my customer service skills along with learning how to multitask efficiently.
starbucks
Safeway employee (Former Employee), safway in bend oregonMay 19, 2015
Pros: nice people and tips
Cons: minimum wage rude people lack of inventory messy stressful over working
I hated my job and so did everyone I worked with. every day was either boring with nothing to do over the top busy. how to cashier provide good service to my customers and hard work. management was crazy my coworkers were rude and lazy and drama starters dealing with everything at once taste testing samples
Enjoyable place to work with flexible scheduling
Barista (Current Employee), Burlington, MAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, nice customers
Cons: Management is not steady
Part time job I work when I'm off of my full time job. Everyone I work with is easy to get along with but management changes quite often as they are often changed around throughout the district so it is hard to get to know them. All other coworkers are excellent with good attitude toward business. Customers are regulars and often greet me by name.
Fun workplaces, great team!
Barista (Former Employee), Salem, VAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Face to face with customers, great team, good pay, good perks
Cons: Schedule conflictions caused me to have to leave.
Starbucks was one of the best jobs I have ever had. I would love to work at Starbucks again. My team was one of the best around and the management team was well organized and let us do our jobs without micro-managing. Seeing the customer's faces light up when you started their day off with only the best product was enough to make this my most favorite job. I loved going to work.
The people you meet.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 19, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships you develop with the people you work with and the people who you serve coffee to everyday. The best days are when you are constantly reminded of these friendships.
FAST PACE
Barista (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 19, 2015
Typical work day was very busy, i learned to make multiple coffee drinks. Management was good, coworker were friendly, hardest part is memorizing recipes, most enjoyable was working with different people.

About Starbucks

Our employees, who we call partners, are at the heart of the Starbucks Experience. We believe in treating our partners with respect – Read more

Starbucks Salaries