Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 12,580 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work given the proper tools
Supervisor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CaSeptember 18, 2017
I enjoy working at Starbucks because it is fast paced, big on customer service, and because you get to interact with tons of people. Ive learned lots about working with different personalities, cash management, time management, and how to work efficiently under pressure. The hardest part of the job is upping cleanliness in the store when not given enough partners on the floor.
Pros
Free drinks, free food, free coffee
Cons
unsupported by managers, mean customers, pay for supervisors is low
Solid Place To Work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Starbucks is great for someone who likes fast paced work, and coffee. Starbucks has wonderful benefits tailored to any individual. You will learn to work efficiently and under stress.
Pros
Health Insurance, paid time off, discounts, other cool benefits.
Cons
Extremely stressful at times, poor scheduling, not enough coverage at times between employees.
Fast paced but friendly co-workers
Barista (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 18, 2017
Every day was fast paced but once you had some experience it wasn't that big of a deal. First month was overwhelming sometimes but my co-workers were very helpful. I worked at the airport so that added some time to my day. The hours were also very early (3am to 11pm) The management was spotty but there were some changes happening at the time. The turn over rate for employees was really high though.
The most enjoyable part was working with people and most of the customers were nice.

The hardest part was learning to make drinks and working in such a fast paced environment
Pros
free lunch, flexible schedule
Cons
fast paced, short staffed sometimes
fast paced
Shift Supervisor/Barista (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Poor management and low wages. Not enough room for growth. Working at Starbucks is very impersonal and they offer minimal training for baristas. Not worth the pay.
Starbucks presents an environment where the customer feels like they are in your home.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Malibu, CASeptember 18, 2017
Starbucks is one of the few retail businesses, where customers are treated like royalty. It's a wonderful feeling to give that type of service and see the smiles.

In general, customer service isn't what it use to be. Professionals don't care.
Pros
Twenty hours of service, gives the employee full medical and dental care.
Cons
N/a
fine place to work
Project Manager - Construction (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 18, 2017
good company. working completely remote. looking for a team in town. would like new challenges in role. looking to add to my resume by accepting new challenges a new career would bring
Shift Supervisor/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 18, 2017
Very faced paced job and you do get to meet a lot of people (good and bad) . At my location, my partners and I all work together well and we are a very tight knit staff. Customer service is our main priority as well as making and fulfilling orders in a timely fashion. I love that Starbucks is very supportive of all no matter the race, gender, and status. We receive great benefits, but a partner must reach at least 20 hours per week in order to receive medical, vision and dental benefits. My most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to talk to our customers, especially the non-regulars.
Fun work place
Barista/Coffee Sales (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 18, 2017
This job was actually really fun. It was my first job and the company really loves helping people get started in the work force. I came in during the college fund time and the free schooling is actually at a good university. You get tips on top of your hourly. Recommended highly.
Pros
Free drinks on shift
Cons
Customers are extremely picky
good job oppurtunity for students
Barrista (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 18, 2017
Flexible hours, great staff, fun environment. Great company to work for, best for students who need flexible hours. Not ideal for long term career, unless retail is your passion.
Pros
flexible hours, great staff, fun work environment
Cons
low pay, constant schedule change
Great People to Work With
Barista (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 18, 2017
It was a rewarding experience working at Starbucks. I (unfortunately) worked at the Columbia Mall, which meant the tips were poor and (some) customers were impatient and rude. Aside from those negative points, it was an excellent place to work. My manager was amazing; always helpful and understanding. My coworkers were a fun group of people and we got to know a lot about each other at work, some I remain in contact with today.
Pros
Free Spotify Premium!
Cons
Short breaks, rude customers, bad tips

Want to know more about Starbucks?

Ask a question
Barista (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 18, 2017
I enjoy my workmates as well as the customers. The hours I was getting was at a minimum so I had to move on. Aside from making drinks all you really do is clean all day.
Perfect job for a college student
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gardnerville, NVSeptember 18, 2017
I loved my last store before I left the company. The manager knew what she was doing and knew how to manage a team. It is a perfect job for someone who is retired or going to college.
great place to work if you like coffee
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2017
starbucks is a great place to work if you love coffee and a fast paced work environment. however, this is not for the weak hearted. people that want their starbucks are rude and hateful and will call you names so if you cant handle that, go somewhere else
Fast-paced enviroment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 18, 2017
A typical day at work includes:

taking peoples' orders
making drinks
prepping food
cleaning
stocking

hardest part of job: mutli tasking while making drinks

enjoyable part: customer employee relationships and free coffee
benefits
Cons
managment
i liked it
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2017
I loved the atmosphere of this place, I did not like the customers. this place really makes you realize how picky people can really be. If you're young and need a good first job this is the one for you!
Pros
coffee
Cons
coffee
They take care of their employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 18, 2017
With all of their employee incentive programs in place, Starbucks is absolutely one of the best part-time jobs you can get. That said, if a manager has a problem with you personally, seeing as they're non-union, there is pretty much nothing you can do about it.
Pros
Fun opportunity to meet people
Cons
Management has no accountability
It was ok
Barista (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
The first time I've worked there was ok but as time progressed customers got more complicated but I did meet some cool people over there and the coffe was great
Pros
Discounted coffee
Cons
The costumer
extremely beneficial
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 17, 2017
Starbucks was the groundwork that built my professional career. It was the development and continuous training that has been the building blocks that have made me the professional that I am today.
Best job I ever had.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 17, 2017
Best job I ever had. Love the company, and love the coffee. If I didn't love working outside so much, I'm sure I would continue working within a Starbucks throughout a longer time frame.
Pros
Best job I have ever had.
Cons
As much as I like coffee, I also like to work outside.
Fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2017
It was fun to work at Starbucks. You get to meet a lot of new people that become your regulars. You get to learn about the new coffee beans and tea leaves. It's fast paced but it isn't stressful because it's a job you can enjoy.
Pros
Free coffee, great tips

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.