Starbucks

6.2K reviews

Starbucks Employee Reviews

VERY BUSY
Barista (Former Employee), stamford ctAugust 24, 2015
Pros: free coffee and free drinks
Cons: NONE
starbucks is always very busy but nonetheless fun with great benefits esp. for student. very flexible and free coffee, you were cleaning a very large part of your day esp with dishes
Busy workplace
Barista (Current Employee), Morton Grove, ILAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, fun people to work with
Cons: Bad pay, Long hours
Fun to work for such a huge company. Always being on the go from the minute you start your shift to the minute you end. I was shy when I first started working at Starbucks, after a while I came out of my shell.
Work intesive, but exremely flexible.
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), San Clemente, CaAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Poor advancement opportunities
It is a great company part-time. The benefits are great as long as you maintain 20 hours a week. Trying to advance in the company is difficult due to the fact that most managers are outside hires.
prepred coffee, drinks, inventory, order products, meet with supervisor daily
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 24, 2015
Pros: greet customers
Cons: gettig up at 2:30 am
Starting at 4:00 am, learned how to prepare different types of hot and cold drinks. Management was supportive in the training and the needs of the team. Co-workers could sometimes be over bearing but you had to keep the smile and greet your customers. The hardest part was getting up at 2:30 am to be at work by 4:00 a.m.

I enjoyed the smile on the customers face
I really love the people and flexibility.
Barista (Current Employee), Alabaster, ALAugust 24, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: pay
It is an easy job. I love the managers and co-workers. They were very flexible when it came to balancing work, school, and clinicals. I have been grateful for my team. They do a lot of volunteer activities you can do that usually counts toward anything if you have to have volunteer hours and we hung out a lot at company events.
Great place to work if you love people.
Barista/Barista trainer (Former Employee), Little Neck, NYAugust 24, 2015
Pros: discounted prices
Cons: mornings can be a bit hectic
Starbucks is definitely the place to work if you are a peoples person or enjoy working customer service positions. Fast paced, but usually a fun environment where you get a chance to really connect with the customers, and build a rapport with them. The hardest part is making sure that every customer leaves satisfied, seeing how there are so many different options and combinations for them to choose from. The most pleasurable part is making all those connection, who for some, me included can lead to great long lasting friendships.
Great company to work for part time.
Barista (Former Employee), Stanton, CAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Full benefits for part time employees, employee discounts, personable management, team oriented work culture
Cons: Hard to get many hours, low pay.
I worked for Starbucks for a couple of months while living in California. It's a good job, friendly people, and it teaches important building blocks of information to working as a team. I say that Starbucks is a great beginner job, and don't have many complaints. My only issue is the pay. It is impossible to receive full time hours from this position (Barista) without being in management, and only pays minimum wage according to the state the store is located in. On the other hand, they give out full medical benefits, which is exceedingly rare for a part time job.
Fun and friendly place to work
Barista (Current Employee), New Hall, CAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: health benefits, free food and drinks
Fast and friendly place to work. You are able to meet a lot of great new people and make their day with great customer service which is the most enjoyable part of the job. My co-workers and I worked as a team to run the store efficiently at in a timely manner. I really enjoy how everyone is so helpful towards each other, including management.
Great Place for Part Time
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Orange, CAAugust 23, 2015
Starbucks is an excellent job for part time employees. They offer a great benefit package, but really could raise their rage rates.
Overworked, underpaid
Barista (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 23, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: every single kind.
All of the people who i've worked with at starbucks (inside safeway) were pretty much children or too old to work, i worked 50+ hours a week for barely over 10/hr overtime, was a really bad job, worked my (you know what) off and no appreciation other than the offering of more hours was given.
High volume store
Barista (Current Employee), Fremont, CAAugust 23, 2015
Busy, high volume location, great co-workers, can be over whelming at times but can also be fun. Great learning experience, great benefits.
Great Place to Work
Barista Trainer (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 23, 2015
Love the environment and the people I work with. Management needs more training. Lack of communication between upper management affects everyone.It can be stressful at times but overall great place.
Great Company
Store manager (Current Employee), OrlandoAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Benefits, culture
Cons: compensation
Great company to work for with great benefit package and treating employees so well.
Great to interact with customers and learn great management skils
Decent Job
Customer Service-Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2015
It has its perks as well as its flaws. It definirely depends on your location and who is running the store. But overall they have great benefits even for part timers and it easy to move up in management.The job is secure for pretty much any state you wanna travel to and they are considerate of life outside of work. Overall a good company to work for
Fast paced, yet under poor management.
Barista (Current Employee), Calumet City, ILAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Free coffee and lunches
Cons: Gossiping co-workers
Always trying to exceed the previous week's coffee sales goals. Fast paced work every day. Co-workers and managers do not know how to handle stress in a professional manner. The hardest part of this job is knowing how much I love working for the company yet the employees are making it difficult to maintain a professional and comfortable work environment. The most enjoyable part is being able to make a beverage to a customer's liking consistently.
job was alright
Barista (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAAugust 22, 2015
Pros: free drinks
Cons: working weekends
Fun environment for the most part. management was understanding and easy to talk too. play book on the other hand kinda sucks
Fast paced friendly atmosphere.
Barista (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLAugust 22, 2015
Responsible for running a cash register, taking customers orders, assembling multiple beverages in a timely manner, restocking supplies and maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of the store.
productive and fun work environment
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), glendale, azAugust 22, 2015
if you love to try new things, i believe starbucks is a great place to work. yeah have the opportunity to try all the beverages and goodies they have to sell. the company wants you to know what you are talking about while selling their product.
not a very fun place
Cashier and Barista (Former Employee), SAN ANTONIO, TXAugust 21, 2015
Pros: free drinks
Cons: bad management
work was dreadful, management was terrible. The hardest part were angry customers. Some coworkers were fun and most enjoyable. learned to handle tough situation.
Good People
Barista Trainer (Current Employee), Novi, MIAugust 21, 2015
My favorite part of working at Starbucks is that, generally speaking, I've had really great co-workers and customers. A lot depends on your store manager, they can literally make or break your experience.
Revenue