Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 8,183 reviews matching the search
Environment at Starbucks
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARNovember 29, 2016
It was always busy, coworkers were great. The management didn't know how to take the right precautions so a lot of the great workers decided to leave, which included me.
Cons
management
Best Job Ive Ever Had
Barista (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 29, 2016
Great benefits, Great pay, Great People. Fun work days with great management. Great coffee and great customers. Great environment to build rapport.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Short lunches
A terrible work envrionment
Barista and cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDNovember 29, 2016
I worked for a company named Sodexo inside of the NSA facility in a cafeteria. A typical day of work for me would be strenous. I had to work multiple positions day I was there for almost 2 years and never recieved a raise. I originally got hired for the Starbucks but ended up doing so much more, I would work two to three positions a day, I learned every position in the cafeteria, and worked in two different buildings. I had some co workers I really enjoyed working with but I did not enjoy working with all of them. The management was terrible they had alot of dishonesty and things they would do that was against policy. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the managment. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my favorite co workers in the Starbucks she made the job alittle bit more toreable because she was put through the same thing I was to an extent.
great work atmosphere. you are able to meet alot of people
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 29, 2016
starbucks is a great place to work. it gives you an oppertunity to step out your comfort zone. it is a great atmosphere to work in. a typical day at work would depend on what time you start work. for example, if you start when the store opens, you will most likely be prepping everything from food, coffee, stoves, and the condiment bar. you would also have to restock the merchandize and bathroom.
now if you start mid-day or night, your still prepping coffee just not as much. but your more or less just dealing with customers and serving them. whether its food, coffee or just even having a simple conversation. thats what it is all about
Pros
great food, great coffee, clean work enviroment
Cons
you get sticky from all the sugars and syrups. you occasionally might get a grumpy customer
Productive and great environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CANovember 29, 2016
A typical day at work is very busy and hectic. Many people walk through the door at Starbucks, which gives us lots of experience with different types of customers. I learn how to interact with people so that they leave with a smile, which is the motto at Starbucks. My co-workers are great people, along with the management. The hardest part of my job is opening, which happens at 4 am. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with customers and making them feel happy.
Pros
Benefits at Starbucks, Discount
Great kickstarter or gap time
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, OR; Omaha NE, and Cincinatti OHNovember 29, 2016
I LOVED my Starbucks experience. I had wonderful managers and co works at all 4 stores I worked (ended up working at several stores because i moved states a few times). My experience provided a good "break" away from my carrier and if i so chose i could have gone further up the company latter. However, the swing type of schedule as a shift manager proved to not be for me in the long run. I would recommend it though for anyone either looking for a steady job through school or even as a career path,
Pros
great atmosphere, great people
Cons
sparatic working schedule
A day in the life at Starbucks
Barista (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 29, 2016
A typical day at work involves every facet of the customer service experience at Starbucks. From setting up coffees, teas and pastries, to serving customers and making bar drinks you get a taste of every job title. The work environment is amazing. You build relationships with regulars which gives the job a more personal feel.
Becoming a shift manager involves the same skills and then some. You learn money handling experience and get to delegate tasks to your baristas. This also involves being the manager on duty so you're generally responsible for opening and/or closing the store and have keys to lock up at the end of your shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture and the people I got to work with. The downside of the job is the lack of challenge. Each step up you take you're doing the same job just with a little bit more responsibility.
Pros
People, building relationships with customers, community
Cons
hours, pay, no challenge after a while
Short work hours
Barista (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 28, 2016
Daily working hours is not enough and not worth to go back and forth, especially without proper transportation, as they only give part-time hours. Most enjoyable part of the job though is that there's a lot of benefits.
The pros and cons about the workplace
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, VANovember 28, 2016
My review on the job that I have right now is UNORGANIZED. I do not like the management no one shows up for work. Its just really hard to balance life when you are always being called into work all the time. My co-workers were very easy to get along with for the most part and even if we didn't get along we somehow made it all work. The hardest part of the job was working on holidays such as ( Thanksgiving, Christmas….etc.) I never got ti spend time with my family.The most enjoyable part was the act that I got to help people with whatever they needed.
Pros
Happy Guests
Cons
No free drinks and short breakd
Fun place to work and meet new people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 28, 2016
This was not a regular paying job. The church that I attended had a star bucks cafe inside the building and I volunteer my time from two to three Sundays per month. I was not getting paid for this job it was only volunteer work. It was a great place to work and I learned that we all have needs and that we need to be there for each other. the hardest part was that no one else was willing to step up and volunteer for the position and we didn't have enough people to take turns. The most enjoyable part was to greet and meet new people as I served them their coffee.
Pros
satisfaction for serving others
Cons
no pay
great place to work
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 28, 2016
Starbucks was my most favorite job out of all the jobs that ive had. very fun atmosphere, even is the employees are not as fun. customers are usually great when you are.
Pros
everything
Cons
lame employees if there are any
amazing pay
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 28, 2016
The management sucks. It's not everybody though. Just one in particular. The coworkers are amazing people. The pay was amazing for me at the time.
Best hourly in the business
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 28, 2016
You get training, you get benefits, you get transfers, you get hired. Everyone recognizes the brand, and the results are impossible to argue with. I love working for Starbucks. I've their continued commitment to attempt to be eco conscious, and socially responsible, too. Wish they paid more.
Pros
Free coffee!
Cons
Low pay.
Good Place to Work.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 28, 2016
It was a great place to work because the people i worked with were awesome and management was amazing.The benefits are out of sight. I was offered Starbucks stock after my first year, as well as 401k through Fidelity, and a superb Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance plan. You can cover your whole family with that plan, and it can include domestic partners. I got a pound of free coffee every week and free coffee all day (although I think that was specific to my store, which bent the rules). There's also an Employee Assistance Hotline which you can call if you're having issues in your personal life. And HR is really responsive--they won't see you as a troublemaker if you're legitimately having an issue. They will handle it.
Pros
Awesome benefits, great management and hours.
Cons
Not everyone can handle the fast pace and demanding customers.
Love the People
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Hudson, WINovember 28, 2016
Starbucks is always a Second home to people so if you are able to help create the feeling that the guest are always welcomed then you will enjoy a group of fun group of guest and co-workers.
Pros
Free Coffee, Free Lunch, Nice Pay
Great company
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 28, 2016
Great company to work for with great people worth the early and late night shifts. Fun atmosphere while utilizing creativity. The drinks are great and the best time of the year at Starbucks is Christmas
Fun place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 27, 2016
I enjoyed being around my nice and helpful co-workers. It was fun learning how to make drinks and explaining to customers what their drinks consisted of.
Pros
free food and drinks
Cons
pay was not much
Fun
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 27, 2016
I loved being apart of such a diverse fun company. I loved learning about all the different types of coffee and all the pairings.

My co workers were all different and I enjoyed all their company.
Hardest part was learning the drinks
Easistest was once you got it down pat

Management depended on your store location.
Pros
Free coffee every week
Cons
Short breaks
A very engaging workplace with a strong team
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dana Point, CANovember 27, 2016
Starbucks offers a great environment for anyone willing to put in hard work and dedication. It is a very active job which can be overwhelming if you are juggling other areas of your life such as school, but the experience which Baristas have varies widely depending on store location and volume, whether or not your store has a drive-through or is only a cafe, and your coworkers and superiors in management. At that, in my experience, scheduling was very flexible and accommodating.

In my experience there was a very strong team mindset between my group of co-workers which made work enjoyable for the amount of camaraderie developed in the midst of an often busy and stressful environment. In my case, our store manager often worked as a barista along side us which was motivating and contributed to that strong team environment.

They offer good benefits in health care and 401k savings, as well as fringe benefits which offer quality of life perks such as free spotify premium or free food mark-outs on working days with discounts on days off.

Ultimately I enjoyed working here very much, for the coworkers and regular customers I came to meet, and would recommend Starbucks to anyone considering.
It was ok
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CANovember 27, 2016
I wish I would have gotten a better experience there. You could tell when people didn't like other people they didn't really keep it too professional and they didn't really let the new people learn
Pros
Free drinks and coffee