Starbucks
5,153 reviews

Starbucks Employer Reviews

Fun, but rushed work environment
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Fun environment, learned a lot
Cons: Very rushed
Typical day would be rushing to open the store and handle customers as fast as possible.
I leaned how to make certain beverages and about the company's background.
Management was a little unfair at times but good overall.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with a big rushed line of rushed people.
Most enjoyable was learning how to make all the drinks and becoming crafty while on bar making drinks
Starbucks is a great company with great benefits
Barista (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Benefits, pay, hours
Cons: slightly hard on arms/wrists
I enjoyed working at Starbucks for quite a few reasons. Great benefits, the people I worked with were all fun and kind, and I was really able to get into learning about the product I was selling. I met some really cool people while working there and my regulars were often the highlight of my day.
Great Company with its Downfalls
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Denver, ColoradoMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Free pound of coffee every week, 401k, stock options, benefits, free food item every shift, free drinks during shift, discounts outside of work, weekly tips, promote within company
Cons: no sick days, little vacation time, high-stress environment, big corporation, no right to refuse service
I've loved the two years I've spent at Starbucks. I'm only 19 and they helped me promote within the company to a Shift Supervisor position. A typical day is DIFFICULT and definitely not for everyone. There is a lot that needs to be done in a given day, and the store is consistently busy. If you have a good store manager, and they staff you properly, you can have a good time and get all your work done if you focus. If your manager does not schedule you properly you are royally screwed. I've had to stay 2 hours late on days when I came in 2 hours early when we are poorly scheduled and/or staffed. A bad manager can make a store really bad.
I warn future Starbucks partners to really make sure that store is going to work for you. Every store runs differently, which is both good and bad in itself. The co-workers make the job worth it. They are always there to help you when you're down or when a customer has just chewed you out for something that wasn't your fault.
There are certain downfalls to Starbucks, though. Even though it is a corporation, there is little to no support for sick employees. Sick days are not a thing here, and if you are sick often and need to call out, the team is understaffed. There is very little coverage for sick partners. Tensions can run high because it is a fast-paced environment, so pretty much everyone who has ever worked for Starbucks has had a mini meltdown or two on the floor or in front of a customer.
It's a good company, don't get me wrong, but there is a lot that could be fixed.
Splendid working enviroment
Barista (Former Employee), Skagway, AlaskaMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great Job
Cons: Alaska is cold
Everyday the management was very accommodating if you had a request or issue. Serving pastries, working the espresso when it was busy was the best part. Multi-tasking six, seven drinks at a time.
Great Company
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: no cons
Managing and motivating staff
Generating sales and making store goals
Cash management, inventory control and store maintenance.
Store Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Redondo Beach, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Little work/life balance
Everyday there was an amazing customer connection. The benefits are also great. The company has an amazing mission statement and is very involved in every community in which the company does business.
Fast Paced Work Place
Barista- Handled Cash (Current Employee), New YorkMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Flexibility
Cons: Short Breaks
A typical day at work is fast paced, constant movement. I learn how to structure my day and how to move with direction. You have to think on your toes because nothing usually goes exactly as planned. Co-workers are in the zone when working and you more often than not don't want to get in each other way. Communication is always vital. The most enjoyable part of the job is the coffee.
Fun palce to work
Barista (Former Employee), Centralia, WAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: benefits, free coffee or tea every week, tips
Cons: none really
it was a fun place to work, great benefits program, able to move up in the company. They have a great customer service training program for the employee's.
great!
Recruiter (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 25, 2015
great place to work, great co workers, good culture, pay and benefits lag the market but it's not a place you go for the $, it's for a great work life balance, great product, great mission, etc.
Great benefits; hard to advance
Barista (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 25, 2015
This was one of my favorite jobs. It was high paced and exciting. I worked at two different stores during my time at Starbucks. The manager from the first one was phenomenal, whereas the second one had some struggles.
It was incredibly difficult to advance in the company, however, in both stores. The only way one really could was if they stayed on top of them in very annoying manner.
I was "given" a promotion about four times in a year span and each time something caused it to "fall through".
Fun and Fast paced with coffee and great people
BARISTA (Current Employee), Kenosha, WisconsinMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, markouts, and fun coworkers
Cons: The hours, the pay
There were multiple positions including bar, dtw, dto, fos, os, and store support. One thing this job taught me was to multitask at a higher level. It was fun but sometimes it got extremely stressful. The management is good not great but good.
Productive, fast-paced, enriching environment.
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAMarch 24, 2015
Starbucks allows for me to work in a high demand environment providing quality leadership to employees and excellent service to customers. Though at times it may be stressful, my coworkers and I rise above the challenges to run a successful business.
Good workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore MDMarch 24, 2015
Good benefits package, good customers. Feel varies from district to district, though. Promote from within. Overall good coworkers, but always some less so.
really great place to work
Barista (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2015
Pros: free latte and help to go back to school.
Got to work with happy wonderful people and drinks and learn how to make new drinks costomer where would always come with smile on their faces. company have a lot of good thing going for them what a wonderful place to work.
Outgoing and fun workplace overall
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee), Clayton, GAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: one break no benifits.
a typical day at work we would be steady busy and when we were not busy we would be cleaning. I learned a lot for example what it feels like to stand for 8 hours and not to be shy and how to make the customers smile, and how to make some of the best coffee drinks in town. management could have been easier to get along with my startbucks manager was great. not so much the ingles manager he didn't seem to care to get to know his employees or talk to us. he just fussed. my coworkers were great I got along with each and every one of them. the hardest part of my job was stocking, and trying to get more hours, on a daily basic I worked maybe 16 hours a week. The most enjoyable part was I knew no matter how bad or good my day was my coworkers and customers could always brighten my day.
Fun
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), Marlton, NJMarch 24, 2015
I loved my job there, would go back in a heartbeat. They treat their employees very well, and give amazing benefits to part time employees.
Excellent culture and welcoming atmosphere
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: excellent atmosphere and benefits
Cons: irregular schedule
A typical day at Starbucks would consist of deployment of tasks to partners, and maintenance of till audits and organization of breaks. I learned here how marketing and business flow work. Being able to have the opportunity to manage wad ideal for me. The hardest part of the job was the early 4 a.m. arrival, and the effects of a irregular schedule. The most enjoyable part was the partner and customer interaction.
Great Fast Paced Environment w/ Friendly Co-workers and Customers
Barista (Former Employee), Tyler, TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free drinks on the clock
Cons: not a lot of hours
This is a great part-time job with a plethora of benefits. The training is fairly good, and the management is really great to work around your schedule.
Fast-paced environment and work you can be proud of
Barista (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free drinks and food, great benefits
Cons: tiring work, odd hours
Working at Starbucks is, in my experience, the absolute apex of the fast-food service industry. The benefits are staggering, the pay is competitive, and the environment is very positive. The hardest part of the job is definitely getting cleaning tasks done while there are a lot of customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers and throwing back the odd espresso shot here and there.
Fun atmosphere
Barista (Former Employee), Maple Valley, WA - Renton, WA - Kent, WAMarch 23, 2015
Starbucks is where I first started in the working world. I worked there for over 3 years and it was the best time of my life. It wasn't always easy but the customers made it worth it. In the time I was with the company I worked at 3 different stores full-time and was able to gain great new experiences. The teams I worked with were amazing and easy to work with. My managers have always been great and have goals set that were exciting to meet. It's a job that will always push you to go further and further in the company. The hardest part of the job was the training and learning all the different kinds of drinks. But that's also the best part of the job, once you know how to make it all you can explore and create new drinks and be original. The most enjoyable part of the job was the partners I worked with and the friendships I got out of it, as well as the customers who learn to know you by name and really care about you.

About Starbucks

Our employees, who we call partners, are at the heart of the Starbucks Experience. We believe in treating our partners with respect – Read more

Starbucks Salaries