Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 7,714 reviews matching the search
Very outgoing and great work environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Grand Mound, WASeptember 21, 2016
I have worked for Starbucks for over 2 years now. It's a great work environment. Starbucks has really taught me a lot in customer service.
Pros
Coffee markouts, One free food item a shift, benefits
Cons
Low hours
High paced work environment with positive vibes.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZSeptember 21, 2016
Although the job was the same, everyday was different. The customers, especially the regulars, are what makes this job great. Making coffee and giving a boost to someone's day is what makes the job enjoyable. There is no such thing as cutting corners. The hardest part of the job was taking the verbal abuse from the not-so-content customers, but I had amazing partners that I worked with and we helped each other get through it.
Pros
Weekly coffee mark-out, tuition reimbursement, free drinks/food item during shift
Cons
recent labor cuts
Great people, bad leadership in some stores
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Potomac, MDSeptember 21, 2016
Almost everyone I met at Starbucks has been awesome. Management tends to promise people promotions, and then keep them waiting for very long periods of time. It seems like they do this to keep talented individuals in lower positions as long as possible. Great work environment overall, sometimes scheduling systems leaves skeleton crews running very busy shifts. This is the hardest part of the job, but also forges strong bonds between coworkers. Personally the most enjoyable part of the job has been learning to make perfect drinks to impress customers.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Management gets caught up on sales goals instead of customer experience
Overall fun place to work as well as great benefits.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 20, 2016
Starbucks is a cool, fun, and well benefiting job. A typical day can range from you making drinking to you restocking things. I have learned that keeping the customer happy is the goal. My co-workers are very outgoing and diverse. The hardest part of the job is getting adjusted but making drinks isn't rocket science. The most enjoyable part is talking to the customers and well as the pay.
Benefits
Cons
Constantly being busy.
Used to be great, not so much lately
Barista (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 20, 2016
I've worked at Starbucks for two years as a barista. I've had no advancement despite asking after even the most basic one (to become an official trainer, instead of doing the de facto training of new people I've done in the past), and my wage is at the base minimum for employees in my area (because I moved and got bumped up automatically). I've spoken to my new manager time and again about getting more hours, and she is not particularly sympathetic or helpful past "call some other stores that need coverage." Meanwhile, I'm struggling to pay my rent.

It was a great place to work when I started, but the culture and treatment of employees has shifted dramatically in the past two years, to the point that I have no desire to work there.
Pros
free food, free coffee
Cons
no regard for employees
productive
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 20, 2016
starbucks is a productive environment where other partners help each other out whenever they can. starbucks has allowed me to reflect and work on aspects of my life outside the workplace
High paced environment
Partner (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 20, 2016
Working here was fun but definitely draining. Your staff team makes all the difference for whether or not you can get through the work day.
It pays the bills
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 19, 2016
The plus is I still have a job, the negative is that I struggle check to check. I've worked for This company long enough to realize the bigger picture
Pros
Dress code
Cons
Low pay, mediocre benefits
Fun and Educational company
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 19, 2016
I worked at Starbucks for almost and 2 years and I loved it my managers are really helpful and great to work with and my co-workers are all wonderful and hard workers
Pros
Free Drinks, free 1lb. Of coffee, and tips
Cons
Low Paying, not enough hours
Barista
Barista (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILSeptember 19, 2016
• Responsible for maintaining drive-thru times, drink accuracy, and customer service.
• Experienced a majority of the roles in a store, from different roles on the floor to aspects managers are responsible for.
• Consistently work on building and maintaining relationships with customers.
• Promoted to train fellow baristas and new hires.
Fast-paced and fun place to work making Coffee :D
Barista (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 19, 2016
-Fast-paced
-Customer Service
-Multi-tasking
-Educational Opportunities
-I loved learning about coffee and
enjoyed making it
-Meeting new people everyday and creating friendships with a lot of the employees and customers.
-They tend to hire people with fun personalities.
-Fun and diverse environment to work in.
Pros
free coffee! and discounts on items, lots of benefits
Cons
Cleaning restrooms, scrubbing floors, lifting tables and chairs
Awesome place to work at
Barista (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 19, 2016
I love my store. Everyone is super nice and gets along. They are my second family. I haven't had any problems with anyone so that's great! And all the perks are awesome!
Pros
Free lunch and drinks, Partner discounts
Cons
tiring
Great Company
Work at Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 19, 2016
Starbucks is a great company to work for. Summer hours are not available. I enjoyed interacting with customers, and making every call right. Supervisors and support team are very helpful.
Used to be nicer.
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 19, 2016
In the mid 2000's Starbucks was a wonderful experience. In the last year though (2016), resurrecting has made non lateral promotion difficult, and they are more focused on maintaining a large number of part time workers instead of smaller sized teams of full time employees.
Pros
Lot's of free merchendise.
Cons
Few promotions, few hours.
fast pace fun work space
Barista/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 18, 2016
Working at Starbucks is very fast paced and you must be able to keep up. I've learned responsibility and leadership. Coworkers are great and always willing to help. I've worked at several stores with great management and only one or two that weren't as great. I think the hardest part of this job is being able to multi-task and you are also held to a certain standard to be your best. What i enjoyed most while working at Starbucks is always learning something new and being able to have new experiences
Pros
online schooling, one free meal and drinks
Cons
short breaks, long shifts, staff shortage
Fun place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 18, 2016
Taking customers order and interacting with them. Making drinks or warming their food. Being at the cashier and being bar tenders. Others day cleaning and closing the store with shift supervisor.
I learned how to move fast and making drinks for our customers at a certain time. Maintain stationary clean. stock our stations with cups milks, bean coffees and everything needed for time rush hours.
Maintain a good relation with my co-workers
Great if you have a good store manager, really bad if you don't
Barista (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORSeptember 17, 2016
My beginning months at Starbucks were amazing the store I was at felt like a very close family environment. Almost everyone got along well with everyone else and the store manager gave encouragement to everyone allowing an amazing environment to constantly grow and improve. Once that store manager had to leave and a new one came everything went down hill and around 15 people quit within the month, even highly tenured partners.
Pros
free drinks and food, large discounts, great enviornment
Cons
low wages, hard to advance
Fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 17, 2016
I enjoyed my time with Starbucks, and the friendships I made. They have good employee incentives/programs that are worth looking into.
Do your stretches if you are on bar, and remind your manager that you need breaks because tendonitis is the worst.
Pros
free coffee, good people.
Cons
breaks get skipped, sometimes people don't show up for their shifts, over worked DM's.
High energy and stressful
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 17, 2016
Starbucks is an excellent company to work for. They have amazing benefits and they pay slightly more than minimum wage. However this job is not for the faint hearted. You get approximately 20 hours of on the job training. In reality it requires anywhere from 2 to 3 months to really get the hang of it. Until then you're shark bait. If you do not uphold corporate standards then you will not make it. As a supervisor for Starbucks I have learned that it is very difficult to get help when you need it. They're illness and emergency situation policies are completely unrealistic at times. If you get into a car accident you have to find someone to cover your shift, mind you no one will help you. If you don't get the shift covered you get written up. These moments are extremely stressful especially if you have children. Overall Starbucks is a great company, but like any job there will always be some kind of issue or conflict.
Pros
Insurance, Markouts, Bean stock
Cons
Stressful and occasionally treated poorly
Fun place to work meet lots of people great for learning customers service and great for first job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 17, 2016
At my old store unfortunately the management was horrible, but my old employees had been some of the greatest people i met. Everyone has a great personality they are energetic and make the job fun. Best part of the day is when you can say "we did it" when we get a rush during happy hour. Wost part if when you walk in and its so packed you cant clock on fast enough to help out. But it showed me great customer service, communication with customers, great work ethic ect.
Pros
Free drinks during your shift, free lunch, discount on any starbucks products sold.
Cons
Rude people, messy at time, very fast pace at times