Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 7,706 reviews matching the search
Best for college
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2016
Depends on what bux you work at. I got lucky and my manager works great with my needs, which allows me to go to full time school and be a full time mother with a little work on the side. The benefits are great. The longer you work for bux, the more you will get in return. Its possible to move up, but you have to have the motivation to do so or else it wont happen. Work is always busy, but its very fun.
Pros
Excellent benefits, works great with your schedule and its fun.
Cons
Some customers are rude.
Awesome Partners and Management
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILAugust 20, 2016
Working for Starbucks was a phenomenal experience. No complaints with the partners and management i worked with. Typical day consisted of working a few hours on bar making drinks, working the register taking orders, or in the back of houses prepping and or cleaning. Can be a high demanding stressful job at times like any other customer service jobs except most customers haven't had their coffee yet.
Pros
Paid breaks, Free Drinks! and a bag of coffee weekly
Cons
Stressful customer experiances
Starbucks Barista
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 19, 2016
I love working for Starbucks, I have been now for well over a year. I love my manager & my coworkers. It's an exciting company with constant changes. New dress code!
Pros
Free lunch, tips weekly, able to pick up shifts at any corporate Starbucks, free drinks, free packaged coffe/teas every week, affordable health care
Cons
Take awhile to move up in the company, you truly have to work for it. Extremely busy at times with very little time to get things done, hours can be low
Normal Day at Work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Hutto, TXAugust 18, 2016
When you get to work, there is a detailed layout of how the day is setup where your position is at on the floor. Duing the day everyone flows together, your job helps everyone on the floor that day. That is why the importance of your job is very crucial. If you do not do your job all of your co-workers will be effected. Working at starbucks has taught me so much about team work, during a normal day at starbucks, without your fellow baristas, the day would go horribly wrong for both the customer and you.
Pros
team work, fast paced, fun work, breaks every 4 hours.
Productive and Earthly environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 18, 2016
* A typical day at work consisted of maintaining a steady pace to ensure all orders were made in a timely manner, keeping the store clean and fully stocked.

*Overall I learned how to be time managed and have guarantee customer satisfaction

*Management was accessible and warm loving towards their employees.

*Co-Workers were helpful and full of life and energy.

*There were absolutely no hard parts. The job flowed perfectly.

*The most enjoyable part was seeing my customers smile after receiving exactly what they ordered in a timely manner and the ability to make my own samples to share with customers for future ideas.
Great productive work place with amazing people
Barista (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 19, 2016
A day in the life of a barista is a little hectic, but great. When I first clock in a go straight to bar and make drinks all day long. Throughout the day you have to deal with some pretty cranky customers and keep a level head while doing so. The hardest part of my job is being on my feet for 8+ hours, constantly moving. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping start peoples days off right and bringing a smile to there face.
Pros
free lunch, great people
Cons
short breaks, long days
Great place to work if you are satisfied by staying at the store level
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2016
If you are fine with staying at the manager level and not advancing to District manager or higher...then Starbucks is a good place. Benefits are great, pay is below average. Upper management is clueless, which is because District Managers are almost all outside hires with no experience behind the bar. Also, it seems that unless you are female, it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to become a Store Manager. I really felt I had grounds to file a discrimination suit, but since I'm a white male, it would have been useless. Partners are great for Starbucks, but when you get to the District Managers, it is just a joke.
Pros
full benefits at 20 hours/week. paid education
Cons
Upper management
Overall I love the place with everything in me, but short hours aren't helping me.
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 22, 2016
A typical day at work would be a crazy, multitask day. I've learned that the customers will always be first. Anyone I work with is amazing and always cares for me and others around me. For any hard part, I try my hardest to do everything at once but then realize I'm only one person and can do so much. Any enjoyable time would be seeing my customers happy!
Pros
Free food, tips, happiness.
Cons
Short hours
Fun Environment
Barista Trainer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 18, 2016
Fast pace industry, always make people happy. Learned to connect with the customer and make their beverage to their liking ensuring their return. Learned to multitask as well as memorize all the different ingredients in the beverages. Learned to promote and advertise new merchandise. Hardest part of the job was standing for hours but after while you adjust to the standing. I enjoyed meeting and gaining employee to customer relationships.
Relaxed, friendly atmosphere
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 19, 2016
Starbucks is a fast-paced, progressive company with great coworkers but little room for advancement. The pay is average for the industry, but the benefits are good, even for part-time employees. The company is extremely flexible with scheduling and availability, which is convenient for people with other priorities such as second jobs or school.
Pros
Great Coworkers, Benefits
Cons
Compensation, "Full-time" hours are not full-time
Starbucks Coffee
Barista (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2016
I really enjoy working at Starbucks. The benefits are incredible and usually my co-workers are pretty amazing and friendly. Sometimes you have to go in to work at 4 o clock in the morning which can be pretty brutal but the hardest part about working at Starbucks just like any job in the service industry, is dealing with the customers.
Pros
The Benefits(Healthcare, Arizona University Degree Plan, Bean Stock), Free drinks/food
Cons
The Pay, Hours are frequently cut
Overall fun place to work as well as great benefits.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 20, 2016
Starbucks is a cool, fun, and well benefiting job. A typical day can range from you making drinking to you restocking things. I have learned that keeping the customer happy is the goal. My co-workers are very outgoing and diverse. The hardest part of the job is getting adjusted but making drinks isn't rocket science. The most enjoyable part is talking to the customers and well as the pay.
Benefits
Cons
Constantly being busy.
Fun people to work with, great local managment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 15, 2016
The people you work with at starbucks are great and loyal. The store managers are amazing and family oriented. The customers are a little rude but there are a few good ones that you make lifelong relationships with. Corporate Starbucks has changed in a way I didn't like. We weren't really given the time to communicate with customers anymore and the district manager were more concerned with our drive through times than if we had enough people to work that day.
Pros
One free meal a day, Free drinks when on the clock, one ten minute break during the day and 30 minute lunches.
Cons
short staffed, full time employees didnt get enough hours
Fun Work place if you care about work/life balance.
Systems Analyst Lead / Configuration Lead (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 15, 2016
Great atmosphere to work.
Everyone's opinion is valued which could prove negative for someone who is strong headed.
Senior leaders in IT organization has closer ties/network and its not easy for someone new to break into the circle. In other words, they are very careful about who they would allow to go and become managers.
Some teams have long term partners in IT who are finding it very difficult to accept young workforce and embrace change in ideas/challenges.
Pros
30% Discount, Free Pound of coffee per week
Cons
Corporate Employees do not get a lot of benefits.
A great way to meet people from all walks of life.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 16, 2016
Starbucks provides great benefits and helps their employees if they are in need. Employees have to be able to multitask, stay on their feet for long periods of time and have to be able to handle any kind of customer. Working at Starbucks has taught me how to be friendly and how to get to know my customers because they push for friendships between employees and customers!
Pros
meet people, cheap/free coffee
Cons
low pay, low hours
Very fast pace, Connections made with many.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILAugust 13, 2016
I loved my job at Starbucks, but i wanted to further my abilities and grow professionally.

a typical day at work including providing a welcoming environment to all, and making connections with everyone throughout the community.

I was promoted from within to a supervisor position, and have received many awards for costumer satisfaction and even partner of the quarter.

the hardest part of the job was the stress levels. everything must constantly be working, you must be fast and knowledgeable.

I loved my team and how everyone worked together towards one goal. Staying busy made my work days fly by.
Pros
Human connection, benefits
Cons
short breaks, long hours
Productive and fast pace environment to work in, with the benefit of free coffee.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MD 20814August 12, 2016
A typical day at Starbucks is making sure everything is restocked and clean before the afternoon rush. I learned how to make certain beverages during the rush hour and perfected each one. The management at Starbucks is good. They maintain high standards. The manager is very friendly and approachable. My co workers are helpful and polite as well as being attentive. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with rush once i started but as time went by i got more proficient at it. The most enjoyable part of the job is making new beverages and the obvious...getting free coffee.
Pros
Free coffee and food
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun work place great expeirence
Barista (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 10, 2016
I would say Starbucks taught me most of my customer service skills. On a daily basis I would have to handle unhappy customers and try to turn their frowns upside down. I got to make qualified coffee products and learned a lot about one of the main produce in the world, all the different coffee beans how to make blonde to dark coffee. How that certain type of roast was made, where it came from. It was an amazing experience working there and a wonderful opportunity.
Pros
Free drinks, tips
Cons
there are no cons working for a top noch company
Starbucks is a great company to work for.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 11, 2016
I love working for Starbucks. I think that they are a good company. The hardest part about working for them was staffing, but that was mostly due to the fact that we were in a Target, so Target supplied the staff for the Starbucks. This meant that if Target had to cut hours sometimes we would have to cut them from our little corner, leaving us understaffed. I loved the manager directly in charge of me. She was fantastic, everything you could want in a manager, fair, respectful, she actually cared. I loved connecting with our customers, especially the regulars.
Fun place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 18, 2016
Taking customers order and interacting with them. Making drinks or warming their food. Being at the cashier and being bar tenders. Others day cleaning and closing the store with shift supervisor.
I learned how to move fast and making drinks for our customers at a certain time. Maintain stationary clean. stock our stations with cups milks, bean coffees and everything needed for time rush hours.
Maintain a good relation with my co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.