Starbucks
5,319 reviews

Starbucks United States Employee Reviews

Meets all expectations
Barista (Current Employee), Slidell, LAApril 18, 2015
I have loved working for Starbucks. I have been here for many years and with each year I am prouder of the company I work for.
productive, fun, friendly environment
Barista (Former Employee), Valley Park, MOApril 18, 2015
I loved working at Starbucks. I want to work there again but because I moved and couldn't get a transfer I ended up losing my position. I had a wonderful time making drinks prepared food the management was really friendly and helpful it was a good and fun experience for me
Great Benefit Options/ Flexible Scheduling
Shift leadership Manager (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CaliforniaApril 18, 2015
Starbucks offers great benefits, with food and beverage perks while on the clock, as well as a weekly take home coffee benefits. The scheduling is flexible with day, and evening shifts available. This position is based on an hourly wage and hours earned each week depend on company labor allowance which is directive of company weekly, monthly, quarterly sales. The most enjoyable part of the position is serving the customers with a quality product and to begin each day with a smile to motive each and every person to know and feel appreciated and to be provided with excellent qualify service.
Love learning all the different facts and knowledge about coffee.
Barista Leader/Lead Supervisor (Current Employee), Monterey Park, CAApril 18, 2015
Starbucks is a great company to work for. The employees truly do become family. The customers are what bring joy to my face each day, even if it is making them their perfect cup.
Great
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee), Hanover, MarylandApril 17, 2015
Love the work environment. The company extends full-time benefits even to part time employees. The pay rates could be a little higher at least in the state where I was working. The culture was awesome as were my co-workers.
Enjoyable work place
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), mission viejo caApril 17, 2015
A typical work day at Starbucks is always being busy. My store is next to a high school so we are always busy non stop. Ive learned that working in a coffee environment you are around different customers everyday and you learn so much about them an soon your regulars become a Starbucks family. Ive seen co- workers come and go but so far i have met some really amazing people from working there. The hardest part of the job to me would be the angry customers that yell at you for no reason, but i am used to it an have been dealing with it for so long that it doesn't get to me anymore. I know how to handle them very well. Most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and making someones day. Bringing a smile to there face.
fun work place
Barista (Former Employee), new york nyApril 17, 2015
Pros: great work place
Cons: nothing
here it was a work place that i leaned so much from how to great people and leaner so many different things that has to do with coffee and maintain a work place great boss and cowokers
Great long term job
Starbucks shift supervisor (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COApril 17, 2015
I didn't like the management i had where i worked but i did love the job and how fast you could move up but yet also get replaced if the manager wanted.
Not great, but not bad either
Barista (Former Employee), La Cañada Flintridge, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Fun coworkers, good hours, better than average benefits (health, 401(k), dental)
Cons: Stressful mornings
I worked here right after I graduated high school, and it was good for a while. There's a large pressure to learn very quickly, which isn't bad, but you have to fight to be on the drink making station (the bar). If you don't, you'll be pushed to cashier and then you slowly forget how to make drinks and then you don't feel confident going back on the bar, so you slowly avoid it. At least that was my experience. Granted, I was 18 and not as confident as I am now. The assistant managers and shift leaders were pretty good, but the manager was only okay. I asked to take a leave for school, and work less hours, so they allowed me to do that, but then laid me off the second they could. No loyalty. I found out later after I was forced to leave that the manager was fired for embezzlement, which made me laugh, because she was the one who let me go. I knew there was something off about her when I met her.
Amazing first job.
Certified Barista (Former Employee), West Point, NYApril 16, 2015
Loved this job. Changed my life in many ways. It was challenging at times but I loved it. No food to deal with really. Wish I could have stayed longer but had to move to another state with no Starbucks close by. Recommend over anything else.
Fun and very productive workplace.
Assistant Store Manager/Shift Lead (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILApril 16, 2015
Pros: fun workplace
Cons: low pay
I would greet customers and gather orders, making sure their order was completed perfectly and that each customer left satisfied. I was able to further my people skills and learned about the management aspects of the store as a shift lead. My management and co-workers were what made my experience there so enjoyable. We were all able to have fun and get the job done. The hardest part of my job was dealing with customers that were not pleased. As a shift lead I would view the problem and do everything in my power to turn the unsatisfied customer to a very pleased individual. As I had previously mentioned, my co-workers and manager were the most enjoyable part of the job, along with the great coffee we made.
love love love
Barista (Current Employee), severna park, md 21146April 16, 2015
everything about starbucks is amazing. the people the place the environment generally. all the coworkers. I have never worked at a place where i saw my coworkers as friends until starbucks,
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 16, 2015
*Great company culture. Good work/life balance. opportunities for community service & special projects abound... Employee discount is great
Starbucks Review
Shift Supervisor/Barista Trainer (Current Employee), Moorestown, NJ/Clarksville, TNApril 16, 2015
I love working for Starbucks. It is a fun, fast-paced environment to which I succeed. I have been able to work with great teams and have had a few great managers. The benefits are pretty good and I enjoy being able to get free coffee when I work. The hardest part of the job for me is more knowing that I have this job, although maintaining Masters Degree education, in order to pay off student debt. Overall, Starbucks has been a great company to work for and I would recommend it to anyone wanting a fun, fast job that has great benefits along the way.
Among the best to work for.
Barista (Former Employee), Tucker, GAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Nice breaks, good work, healthy environment
Starbucks is a very relaxed typical cafe environment. There are always pleasant people to work with and around (customers). There is a lot always going on much work to be done not much sitting around.
Best place to work at on MSU campus
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIApril 16, 2015
This was the best job to have as a student. It was easy to manage with class. You become friends with all of your coworkers and the Brand Manager is absolutely awesome.
Best job I've ever had.
Barista Trainer (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, decent pay, friendly relaxed environment.
Cons: Hectic morning shifts, inconsistent schedule.
Loved Starbucks. I advanced pretty quickly and the bonus pay that came every week in tips was a nice touch. The medical beniftes were great too. Now they are even paying for school. The biggest gripe I had was the wacky scheduling. During busier terms and were understaffed, there were several times that I had to close the store at 10pm and be back at work at 7am the next day.
Best place i'v worked
Barista (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Free drinks during shift, Benefits
Cons: N/A
I learned alot working for this company, the management was very friendly and goal oriented. Hardest part of the job was going home at the end of the day. The customers were all different which made for the most diverse job i'v ever had.
Being the best barista possibe in an amazing environment
Barista (Former Employee), Loveland, COApril 14, 2015
A very welcoming job with a perfect cast of employees, rewarding work with advancement possibilities. Meeting people daily and creating great drinks along the way.
A Day on the Job at Starbucks
Barista (Current Employee), Hayward, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Free drinks on duty, One free meal a day, Meeting new people, Budding friendships with coworkers
Cons: Short Breaks, Odd hours, Low pay
In a fast-paced environment, speed, efficiency, and connection is key. We must work well alongside partners to commit to excellence service and great tasting coffee.

A typical work day will include long lines with large drink and food orders. On register, I will engage the customer in a pleasant manner while taking and giving their order. In between customers I will make sure enough coffee is being brewed. On bar, I will quickly and efficiently make two to three drinks at a time, calling them out as marked and thanking the customer.

Working in such a small environment with a small team ensure a close-knit team. We work together to problem solve and achieve customer excellency.

The hardest part of the job is getting the orders in and out quickly. Some customers are not ready to order when at register. It is our duty to suggest something they may like while not rushing them. On bar, our duty is to make sure the right customer grabs the right drink and not another's while making drinks to order and increasing the output to reduce the wait. There is a lot to do in a small time frame.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the fellow employees and the regular customers that come in. They are a great group of people that makes working a busy day much more enjoyable.

About Starbucks

Our employees, who we call partners, are at the heart of the Starbucks Experience. We believe in treating our partners with respect – Read more

Starbucks Salaries