7.3K reviews

Starbucks Employee Reviews

What people are saying about Starbucks

• Working at starbucks is rewarding and enjoyable
  • Free pound of coffee
  • Mornings
  • See more...
Found 6,050 reviews matching the search
Barista (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 27, 2016
Starbucks is overall amazing. They aim to work with their partners and help them become the best they can be in order for everyone to benefit and succeed from in the company. Managment from my experience is always super friendly and great people to work with.The best part of the job is being able to craft drinks for customers and connect with them while networking.
Pros
free lunch, healthcare, bean stock, good breaks, great company
Cons
New Regulations all the time
Very productive and great customer service from a energetic team
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2016
A typical day at work is usually fast paced working with a lot of great vibes. I've learned a lot about customer service working with starbucks. Starbucks has also lead me to a more managerial status. My co-workers are more considered partners and a team. There is honestly no hard part about the job to me. The most enjoyable part of the job i would say is being recognized for your customer service by customers.
Good PT gig for students with VERY FLEXIBLE schedules.
SLC Market Factory Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 27, 2016
Overall the Company is great, but the Utah shops are an embarrassment. They are in the GOOD Ol Boy style.
It's who you know. not what you know and literally how much back stabbing you are willing to tolerate.
Once you sign on and adopt the green apron,the NEGATIVE ENERGY eats your soul up.

My hats off to anyone who is still a decent human being after working there.
The pay is minimum wage with tips, but the tips are divided up to everyone. You guessed it. Tips don''t amount to much in most stores unless you"re in the busy store. And there are 3 of those in the state.
But if you can manage 20 hours, you get tuition reimbursement.
Great Comapany
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2016
It a good place to work. It has good benefits and great discounts.I love the culture and the customer that come in to purchase coffee.
Not a bad job
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 27, 2016
I enjoy my time for the most part, though I do not get paid enough and I get shorted on hours every single week. The markouts are a nice perk but it seems like compensation for not having a wage you can live off of.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Great starting job. No room for advancement however past shift supervisor. Overall was a good job, and taught me valuable skills that I still use to this day.
Pros
Free coffee. Discounted food.
Cons
Short hours.
Fun place to work plus free coffee
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 26, 2016
Starbucks is a good company to work for, although the hourly wage does leave a lot to be desired the company does provide you with stock that you can cash out and benefits kick in at 20hrs a week.

Hardest part of the job is handling the consist flow, depending on the location, it can be a fast paced environment.

Most enjoyable - getting to know your customers and co-workers (also the free coffee)
Pros
Free coffee, free lunch/pastry item. stock option
Cons
tiping rate depends on location and can suck
very busy
Title - Barista (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day is very fast paced, chaotic, but fun!, I have learned how to prepare beverages, at a very fast paced environment, I am Barista/trainer, I don't find any part of my job difficult, I rather enjoy the fast paced aspects of it, I enjoy seeing my regulars everyday, and knowing there drinks as they walk through the door at my store.
Pros
my regulars
Cons
early shifts
A fun and rewarding job
Barista (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 25, 2016
I have been with Starbucks for over two years and have met so many amazing people through the company. This job has taught me what customer service is all about and how to work in a team environment. It is non stop and there is always something to do!
A great job while in school.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJanuary 25, 2016
I love working for Starbucks. However now that I am out of school and can't afford to pay off my student loans, I am stuck with a barista job that doesn't pay (or tip) well. I love everything about this company except for their reluctance to pay their baristas better wages.
Great First Steps
Barista (Former Employee) –  Lock Haven, PAJanuary 25, 2016
I got to learn a lot about communication with the people around me and customer service. I also learned a lot of leadership skills and how to work and build as a team.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Small amount of hours
Greatest job I've ever had best people I've worked with
Barista (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJanuary 25, 2016
Great company and amazing co-workers! The hours were pretty steady and the constant cash from the tips every week. Had a disagreement with the head of management and decided it was time try and transfer and then she took it personnel and I decided to take my leave from that point. Although everything else even though a daily fast paced environment everybody was friends And got along and operated amazingly. While still getting a quality drink or food cooked and ready within reasonable time.
Pros
Free coffee very well! Best coffe beans in the world!
Cons
Wouldn't allow overtime hours but still steady 30 hours a week
Great company
Barista (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 25, 2016
THIS COMPANY IS GREAT COMPANY TO BUILD RESUME OR STAY WITH I would not left this company but I had to move away and there was no starbucks in the area i was moving to
Pros
BENEFITS THE STAFF
Cons
LOCATION
Is Starbucks really a great place
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 24, 2016
I think Howard Schultz is an amazing CEO, but i think when you get to the store level Managers and District managers can be horrible.
Not all but some I worked with.
The employees are held accountable ( which they should be ) but Managers are not. If you complain or fight for your job they only listen to the horrible managers
Pros
Coffee
Cons
managers and district managers
The best part of the job are your coworkers and the benefits.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 24, 2016
Starbucks is an interesting work experience. I was employed at an extremely busy drive-thru location that served a high volume of people commuting from the affluent suburbs to downtown Atlanta. The work itself is fairly typical of a corporate fast food chain, complete with baffling top-down decision making.

Most people who work as baristas or shift-supervisors start off wanting to work 40 hours a week at the magical place that produces the mythical frappuccinos. They then quickly realize that the job is largely thankless and once on the other side of the bar, you aren't the one drinking the arbitrarily complicated drinks. Once this realization sets in, most transition to the minimum amount of hours required for benefits and look for other forms of work to make money.

Of the 30+ people I worked with over 2 years at my store, 3 moved up to taking shift positions and seemed miserable and overworked. Apart from my hiring manager, I have nothing positive to say about anyone in any corporate or management positions. Don't expect anything of anyone above your own store manager. (My anecdotal experience has shown me that there is a complete disconnect between ground level employees and upper management.)
Pros
Co-workers, great benefits, free coffee
Cons
Customer culture, disconnected management
Can be stressful at some locations but very engaging
Barista (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 24, 2016
I spent about a year wearing the green apron and it was mostly enjoyable! Getting there at 4:30am was no picnic and a few people were fired because it's hard to make yourself go to bed at 8:30!

The training is very clear cut and there will have a "sales meeting" of sort every few months to go over how to upsell and what our newest seasonal items were and you get to try them too!

Starbucks teaches its employees many valuable things in a clear-cut environment which is helpful in all walks of life!
Pros
COFFEE!!
Cons
Work could be a good time or not depending on both who your manager is and who the GM is
Good place to work with good benefits and some great customers
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 24, 2016
The customers are great and you have a wonderful opportunity to create a small family environment between the customers and partners.
Nice Subculture, and Great Coffee
Barista (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2016
I only worked for Starbucks for a short time, however I feel that they were very organized, and steeped in the coffee, and gourmet foodie subculture. It made working their fun! A typical day at Starbucks was to come in, and prep the coffees to be served to the customers, and to make sure the work areas were cleaned, and prepped and fully stocked. Also to log in and start assisting customers right away, and to be pleasant and welcoming to all of the customers who came in.
I learned alot about team work, and the meaning of being a team player, and to be constantly aware of your work environment, and to not be willing to settle for anything less than the very best.
I liked my store manager, and I though she was very knowledgeable and willing to listen to any feedback, from customers, as well as Baristas.Also willing to help out whenever needed, and train whenever possible.
I had been going through some personal problems in my life, and I thought the managment and co-workers at Starbucks were very thoughtfull, and willing to train, and give their very best to the staff and customers alike.
The co-workers at Starbucks were just like the customers, coffee experts, and gourmet foodie types. They were very committed to their jobs, and to the culture, and to making it thrives, and grow. It was really a blast working with these open minded individuals, it gave me the true sense of what a fun and eventful workplace could be like.
Pros
Great coffee, and overall fun place to work
Speed with Great Customer Service.
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2016
I was a certified barista. The benefits were some of the best I work for and enjoyed all the great people I worked there with. I still enjoy the memories of working there.
Team Work is everything
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJanuary 24, 2016
Your shift will go smoother when all employees are well trained. Your availability will decide which of your co workers you will be working with the most.