Starbucks Employee Reviews in United States

Found 6,852 reviews matching the search
The smell of coffee with the beginning of every day makes a difference
Barista (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 27, 2016
Working at Starbucks has been a wonderful experience. I enjoy the fast-paced environment and i have learned to overcome daily obstacles as they occur. This is definitely a place where co-workers have fun while being at their best. Part of the job is the willingness to tend to every customer individually and the flexibility to understand what they need. I have learned allot coming into this job. I have learned how to prioritize, multitask, and assist customers all at once.
Pros
Free drinks and Coffee
Cons
Understaffed at the busiest hours of the day
Fast Pace Atmosphere, Sometimes Degrading
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bernardsville, NJApril 26, 2016
Working for Starbucks is one of the most important learning experiences I have had to date. I have acquired strong interpersonal skills and communication tactics. As a supervisor, I manage a team and day to day tasks in a fast pace and unpredictable atmosphere which almost always come with challenges. Sometimes, you come across a customer service situation that sets you up to fail. Some customers will come into Starbucks with a negative attitude that you can't seem to turn around. I have 9 years of customer service experience, and even at my best I feel degraded by another's sense of entitlement every so often. Its something you learn to brush off.
Pros
Free Lunch, Free Drinks, Free Products, Healthcare, 401K, Free College Degree
Cons
Energy intensive
Sad
Barista/ Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLApril 26, 2016
Best place to start a career and for student. ,Love the different customers and culure experince every partner always had I can help you attitiudde
Working at Starbuck
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAApril 26, 2016
Starbucks was the first job I ever got. Working at Starbucks taught me a lot about customer service, and customer relations, at that time since I was just starting out those skills truly helped mold me in the direction I was aiming at. Management was helpful, and employees were happy. What else can you ask for?
Hard work
Barista (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 25, 2016
Low pay,and Shifting hours. great job for young high school kids who don't have bills. Good benefits but that's it. some good some bad managers
Starbucks
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 25, 2016
This has been my favorite job that I've ever had. Fantastic company to work for, they take good care of their employees. Fun atmosphere, always keeps you busy.
fun as well as efficient environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 25, 2016
my employers trained me well and made sure i was able to do my job right. it was also very fun, and always had celebrations that were holiday themed. there was never a boring day on the job.
Pros
free food, and drinks
Cons
very busy in the mornings
Productive Work Environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 25, 2016
Can be really busy depending on your store. You do get to work at different ones depending on your location and that gives you more exprierence. Over all i do like working with Starbucks. Like any other job it has its cons, but its nice regardless. You will have awesome coworkers most of the time. And hey! Free coffee
Pros
Free Meals and drinks when working, 40% when not working. One markout everyweek of coffee or tea.
Excellent leadership, fun company!
Evolution Fresh (Juicer) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 25, 2016
The community is engaging and open. Thankful for the short time I was here! I love the healthcare benefits and the ability for growth. The fact that people are invested in by the corporate leadership is unmatched for a company this size.
great company
Barista (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 25, 2016
Very flexible and they truly care for their employees. You have to know how to manage your time and you better be organized!
Pros
flexible, fast paced
Cons
hectic
Fun, fast paced and enjoyable workplace.
Barista/Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAApril 25, 2016
I deeply enjoyed my co-workers at this company as well as management. Oftentimes working fast Paced as well as multi tasking would some days be overwhelming but totally worth coming to work. I learned here that even though everyone is different we are all practically the same in different ways. I love being in a team environment but I enjoyed nothing more than when it was time for me to prepare another monthly event. Most events were kid friendly and i worked hard on planning to see so many smiles on the childrens face. This company gave me alot of tools and room for growth.
Pros
discounts, traveling to different stores for work
Cons
bad scheduling
productive fast paced eviorment
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALApril 25, 2016
my experience at Starbucks has taught me how to be a task master and prioritize to get multiple thing done at once . moving from different areas over time helps a long shift go by on a busy day. Working for starbucks has kept me with much decepline and great customer service skills. and how to also connect with customers by remembering their names and others things to build reltionships with customers.
incredible work environment, fun.
Barista (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 25, 2016
A typical day at work was very busy. I am able to build relationships with people on a daily basis. I performed many duties such as food preparation, drink preparation, customer service, and money handling.
Pros
great relationships, fun work environment, kind management, delicious coffee.
Cons
income not feasible.
Awesome environment if you enjoy working with the public
Barista (Former Employee) –  NashvileeApril 25, 2016
I usually would start my day at 4 a.m. setting up the pastry case and getting various machines warming up. My responsabilities included making sure all coffee and food items were ready by 5 a.m.
Throughout the day I would make various beverages for the public while delivering legendary customer service.
Pros
Free pound of coffee a week
Cons
Not too patient with employees. If your not with it your out.
Loved seeing the guest happy
Barista (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 25, 2016
We have three people that work through out the day, there is little overlap, so most of the time we work by ourselves. While there are no guest to serve, we usually clean up behind the bar and the lobby, refill anything that needs it, and we also serve out samples to any guest that may be walking around the store. I've learned how to talk to guest and how to make them happy; as well as how to handle certain situations. I have also had hazmat training in food and safety situations. Management could have been better in handling things. our store manager always harassing us and got upset very easily. There were times when they would not do their paper work and made us do his work. They would leave in the middle of their shift to go chat to someone. They would also always leave at least an hour early. I would have to say the hardest part of the job is that you cant make everyone happy. Though we try to talk to the guest to see how we can help, we either don't have the product they are looking for or they are upset about how a team member treated them. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing the guest happy, and they keep coming back because WE can make their drink right, or they like the way a certain barista talks to them and makes their drink right, or they like the environment. I really love seeing a guest happy to be in our store.
Pros
good food and friends, decent pay
Cons
management
Barista (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCApril 25, 2016
Have been with the company for around 2 yrs now and love it. The company has probably one of the best benefit packages I have seen. I would 100% recommend this job.
Pros
Cons
can get crazy during peek hours
Productive and fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 24, 2016
The time goes by fast,the employees and customers were great, the salary was great, and it was a fun and challenging place to work at.
I had to make drinks and refill ingredients. I also had to clean my workplace. Most of the customers were friendly, and patient. The management were nice and patient.
One of the best
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 23, 2016
I worked with one of the best teams at a drive-thru that was open from 5am-1:30am. I had the an awesome team that became friends with outside of work, management included. I had a few regular customers who appreciated me having their order memorized. There is the occasional angry customer who complains about their drink but my team was on the job! Both staff and customers are really friendly and good to get along with plus the awesome benefits helped me get a much needed pair of new glasses and a trip to the dentist. To top it off, I pretty much had free starbucks whenever I wanted!
Great Friendly Environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJApril 23, 2016
The people are nice and it is a great place to work and connect with others and gain new friendships. I have created a lot of connections through this job and it has helped me become a better social oriented person.
Just a great overall review
Shift Supervisor/ Barista (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 23, 2016
Wow, Working for this company has been amazing! I have had so many great experiences happen to me through this company and many monument moments that i will never forget. I thank my great team or crew of managers that have helped me build more skills with in customer service and management. I appreciate all the fun and the opportunity to work with such good people.

Pros
free drinks and good coffee lol