Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 9,842 reviews matching the search
fun and fast paced
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 20, 2017
A typical day at work was always fun and fast paced. I learned a lot in the time that I was working there. The workplace was always fun because you always had a lot of young people working there.
Starbucks has served me well!
Starbucks Manager (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARApril 20, 2017
No job is perfect and neither is every single day at Starbucks. However, over all, it's a really great place to work. The ability to transfer stores when moving and the general flexibility in shifts and time off, make for a fantastic company to work for.
Pros
World wide company, usually flexible, good management, decent pay and tips depending on store.
Cons
Monotonous repetition some days, that's about it.
great stepping stone to other opportunities
Hourly Partner/ Barista trainer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2017
Overall, Starbucks is a great company to work for. They are very accommodating with school and/or other work schedules and do their best to schedule you according to your preferences.
Pros
benefits, culture, free drinks
Cons
pay
Depends
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INApril 20, 2017
Good if you get the right store manager, if not it can be rough. Requires hard work and ability to move competently fast, and a lot of memory to make a mass amount of drinks.
Great employer to work for
Barista Trainer/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32250April 20, 2017
Starbucks definitely cares about its partners! There are opportunities for advancement, if you so choose. The discounts are great, the job security is consistent, and they make working in the people business endurable most of the time. However, it is still a hard job. You get blamed for things that aren't your fault by customers, you have to do hard jobs, you have to constantly be on your game and be able to take the fast paced pressure to provide quality service. This job is great, but it isn't for everyone.
Pros
30% discount on merch, food, and beverages, Free drinks and food item when working, Stock in the company, Health benefits, Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Unpredictable hours, variable work environments depending on store, demanding physical job
fun workplace
Barista (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2017
great job to have very busy environment so I've learned to work faster hardest part is being on feet all day easy advancement if a student will work around schedule
Working at Starbucks is...
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Starbucks Galleria North, TXApril 20, 2017
A typical day of work at Starbucks can be stressful or relaxed depending on the time of shift you work. In the morning it can be fast-paced and very stressful as you try very hard to make every customer feel special but also go quickly through the line. After that, things slow down to a more relaxed pace.
What I learned was how to interact with people and move quickly and efficiently and multi-task different jobs correctly while getting them done quickly.
The culture in the workplace exudes calm but fun.
The hardest part of the job was getting through the morning shifts - especially on a Friday. It was often brutal and exhausting.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was seeing customers happy and making their drinks. I love when people leave very satisfied.
Pros
You can get 10% discount on all items in the store, one free pastry, and 1 pound of coffee per week.
Cons
Short breaks and constantly changing shifts.
great place for working
Store Manager- Full Time (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2017
if you are young and in school/college. this place is for you. they have locations every where. you can advance to shift supervisor, assistant manager, and manager if you wanted to. they train you very well. you have fun on a daily basis.
Pros
stocks, paid weekly, free coffee and tea
Poor
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Minden, NVApril 20, 2017
You are just a number to the company, it is extremely hard to advance, or even take time off ex:having a child. They try and be all about safety but also want you to be quick and get their number higher.
Pros
Good benefits
Starbucks was a very great job experience.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Mill Valley, CAApril 20, 2017
Starbucks was such a fun work environment. The work was fast paced but making drinks and coffe was fun to me. My co workers were very invested in being a team and helping eachother. They put me in for the exact hours I wanted. They were also understanding when complications came up in my personal life.
Pros
Tips, free drinks and food item, discounts, free college offer
Cons
Lots of switches in management, not a very thorough training.
Best company ever!
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 20, 2017
I managed a Starbucks location for almost 5 years. Working for this company helped me improve my business acumen while learning incredible processes to manage people and business.
Quick-Paced Environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 19, 2017
I had worked at a drive-thru location and had enjoyed `the fast-paced environment as well as the flexibility in work hours. A definite plus is being able to receive a free lunch and drinks for employee breaks. The downside is that shifts and management don't take in consideration employees strengths and weaknesses and just place employees in one spot for the entire shift, which could sometimes be the entire 8 hours outside of breaks. Overall, I would recommend Starbucks as a place to work.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
thankless and difficult job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 19, 2017
I loved the people that I worked with and I learned so many valuable leadership skills during my tenure here. The Store Manager role is very challenging and extremely fast paced at all times. Senior leadership doesn't seem to understand the nature of the challenges and continues to cut costs and add complexity to the role.
One of the best companies to work for
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAApril 19, 2017
I worked at Starbucks for only a short period of time. I started off as a barista and within 1 year, I was promoted to shift lead. I was one of the fastest on bar, using both espresso bars at the first drive thru only store, and it was the greatest rush. I loved the challenge in getting the drinks out with short ticket times and ensure the quality of the taste, and how the drink looks. Everyone you work with seems to have fun and enjoy their job. The managers usually have a great energy. The benefits here are great, and they really know how to make their employees feel appreciated.
So much work
Barista (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92105April 19, 2017
Starbucks was one of the most fast paced jobs ive ever had and i loved it! I learned so much about coffee working at starbucks. The day goes by so fast there
Fast paced and reliable service with a quality product
Barista/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 19, 2017
Reasonable hours and never given over time or made to stay longer than my shift required. Excellent product with the opportunity to enjoy a free beverage while working. A lot of perks and benefits provided by employer.
Pros
Quality Product
Cons
Impatient customers
The job i wished i never had.
TRAINING COACH (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIApril 19, 2017
Unfortunately, it was the location that killed any or all want to remember this job ever existed. The location has since been closed. The management was overbearing and confrontational. Coworkers where shallow and insulting. The company was decent and i have no issues with them.
Pros
nothing
Cons
bad management, poor oversight, substandard pay
fun loving people
Barista (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INApril 19, 2017
I enjoyed working at Starbucks. Everyone was so welcoming and very helpful with training. My manager was amazing and worked with my basketball and school schedule.
Pros
payed well, works with schedule
Cons
break time, and discounts
Fast Paced and Fun work environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAApril 19, 2017
Starbucks is a great place to work at to develop many skills. You learn how to work in a fast paced, and at times high stress environment, you improve your social skills by chatting with friendly customers, and also dealing with unhappy customers. Its a fun work environment, filled with fun people.
Pros
Free drinks, good benefits, fun
Cons
Rough hours
Job security and good pay
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 19, 2017
Starbucks has good pay plus tips everyday once certified. Maximin of 40 hours a week for hms. They are good with working around college school schedule.
Pros
Free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2