Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 11,440 reviews matching the search
A fantastic job with free drinks, good tips, and low pay
Barista (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJuly 17, 2017
It's a fast paced environment. The focus is split between making coffee rapidly and building up the hipster community.

I was only there a few months and went through three managers, but I enjoyed my job.

The most enjoyable part about my job was getting to know regular partners (what we called customers) and being able to know their drink orders when they walked in. It would make them feel special and sometimes that's just what you need on a bad day.

The hardest part was getting called in whenever someone decided not to show up for work. I'd get called while in church or on vacations. That is not cool.
Pros
free drinks, tips
Cons
sad pay, 'availability'
Decent place to work when you are young
Barista (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJuly 17, 2017
C+ place to work

Compensation is not good

benifits are good

management is terrible

staffing is always terrible

hours to workers ratio is terrible

Flexible hours

Works well with school
Helps you bond with new people, always having a smile on your face.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 17, 2017
Everyday i go in and greet new people, and make a lot of drinks. are manager is loving and caring to her employees. i learned how to make variety of drinks. the hardest part is when you get the mean customers but you just have to keep a smile on. the most enjoyable part is i get to do what i love.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
bad customers
management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 17, 2017
depending in the area that you are in and how you perform to your numbers you can be view as and excellent employee or as the black sheep of the family.
Good beginning job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 17, 2017
Mornings were hard. Overall a good job to have to begin a career to start your young adult. Its a fastpass environment which makes the time go by fast!
Easy in - Easy out
Barista (Current Employee) –  Baxter, MNJuly 17, 2017
Great place to work if you are young and in school, needing health insurance at 20 hrs/wk, or just looking for something in between careers, or supplemental. Once trained and on the job for a while, it is easy to transfer to different locations.
Pros
Free coffee and food each shift. Health care. Flexible and accommodating schedule.
Cons
Sometimes can be frenetic.
Fun workplace
Barista / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJuly 17, 2017
This was a fun job. I never thought I'd enjoy making drinks all day and warming up pastries but I did. And after only a short time there, I got promoted to Lead Barista which was great. I trained new employees and actually enjoyed it.
Pros
customizing drinks
Cons
fast paced
It was a job
Barista (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 17, 2017
It is a retail job. There will be times that can be frustrating. There will be times where the job is enjoyable. Management varies with each store. Fellow coworkers are mostly enjoyable to work with. While there are some bad customers, most are very appreciative of your work/service which makes the job worthwhile
Pros
free lunches
Fun place, movie theater with starbucks bar
bar barista (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 17, 2017
A typical day at work would be opening at 8am, and managing a quick 30 min setup. Morning rushes hit and are easily managed if you have the experience. I learned a lot of skills such as measurements, how details matter, drizzle, and customer service.
Fun and fast paced
Barista (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 16, 2017
Starbucks is a fun, fast-paced place to work. The best employee will have a a balance of customer service, task-orientation, and speed with accuracy. The workplace culture is friendly and loyal. Regular customers are legitimate friends with the employees. Great place for an extrovert.

Want to know more about Starbucks?

Ask a question
Fun place to serve coffee
BARISTA & SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 16, 2017
The work is 95% on your feet. The most enjoyable part is interacting with fellow employees and customers. Extensive trainings and increased tea and coffee knowledge.
Active, fun environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAJuly 16, 2017
A typical day at work for me would be a 1pm-9:30pm(closing) shift. There are many tasks needed to be completed in a timely matter while closing, in order for the store to be in perfect condition for the open the next morning. I have learned to socialize with customers, and put their needs first. I have learned to multitask, and work under pressure. The hardest part of the job is criticism from customers on things you cannot change. For example: prices, our internet being down, or our air conditioner not working. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the customers, work in a friendly environment, and being able satisfy the needs of others.
Pros
Good benefits, socializing with customers
Cons
Unfair management
It's pretty cool
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 16, 2017
Working here is pretty cool. Love the people, the community and their dedication to their coffee beverages. Management and staff training can definitely be improved.
Productive workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2017
Enjoyed coming to work, and seeing regular costumers they made it feel like a second home. The store is very busy, high volume store in both drive-thru and in the cafe. Partners are well rounded and we all work together to accomplish sells and goals.
I enjoy the environment and the team that I work with
Barista (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 16, 2017
A typical day at work is kind of slow starting off but the business of the store fluctuates. I learned ho to make coffees and hot drinks that I love to do. The management needs some TLC. Hardest part about the job is making sure you meet the expectations of the customers, you want them to leave happy. I enjoy almost everything about it from the team, to our customers. I'm always happy to be there
Pros
Free drinks and coffee mark outs every week
Cons
Manager
Short Staffed and stressed
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 16, 2017
You might not be trained on bar for a few months, but it will give you time to learn how to operate drive thru, customer support, and front. You will almost always be short staffed and finding someone to cover a shift is nigh on impossible. Partners are all easy to get along with and it's easy to establish a bond with customers, but there are some that make the day 10x worse than it should be. I love seeing regulars and being able to talk and bond with them, but I hate that the atmosphere is so intense and rushed that we don't get to do that with everyone.
Pros
30% discount, one free food item per day, free drinks
Cons
short staffed, lack of training
Great Place to work
Barista/Assistant Store Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 16, 2017
Great place to work. Management is very communiative, relaxed. It is very easy to learn and understand the difference of all the drinks. It is great place
A great place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJ 08034July 15, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Starbucks. The knowledge I acquired while working there definitely makes me want to return to work there in the future, My day consisted of cleaning, working drive-thru, making drinks for customers and working the cash register. The staff and customers were very easy going for the most part and I enjoyed meeting new people every day. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers whose requests were unable to be fulfilled. I feel like I have gotten harder skin from being able to deal with angry and sometimes unreasonable customers. My favorite part of the job was making drinks. I enjoyed it and loved when customers complimented my drinks. My overall experience working there was fantastic, I left due to going away for school and wished there was a Starbucks I could have transferred to by the school.
Love love love
Cashier, Greet (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20001July 15, 2017
I love this joib it was the best job that I've ever had. Great people and benefits, they are really clean and loving people. Cant wait to go back!
Typical day at work is about ehh 100+ customers a day making all kinds of drinks
I've learned how to make everything and I've learned about the customers how they can connect with you and you remeber who they are and soon as they walk through the door you already know what they want.
management is GREAT!
The hardest part about the job (If your new) is trying to keep up with writing the correct codes on the cups and making drinks during the rush!
The most enjoyable part about the job is just having fun while working. espcially if you're on bar making drinks with your favorite Barista IT'LL BE A BALL NO LIE!
Pros
coverage on medical Dental, Management, barista's
Cons
health care (Hated BCBS)
Fast pace, unrealistic goals, hard work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHJuly 15, 2017
Barista and Shift Supervisors, great place to work. Managers pick up all the slack to make it that way. Goals with the company often change and rarely lead to a good work/ life balance for them. District Managers and above set performance goals that are not realistic for individual stores regardless of performance in other "important" areas.
Pros
Free meals, great benefits
Cons
Long shifts, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2