Starbucks
5,318 reviews

Starbucks United States Employee Reviews

Fast pace and fun workplace.
Barista (Current Employee), Alhambra, CAApril 10, 2015
At Starbucks it is always a busy day. I never find myself bored. We are always constantly doing something whether its cleaning or making drinks for our guests.
Good Culture
Store Manager (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Culture, Environment, Training
Cons: More time to focus on admin work
Enjoyable culture, fun team environment. Needs more opportunity to do off-stage work in balance with floor coverage. Company vision is excellent and consistent store-to-store.
Barista at Starbucks, fun and hands on
Barista (Current Employee), Corvallis, ORApril 10, 2015
Pros: Free drinks, one free food item a day, free pound of coffee a week
Cons: 10 minute breaks, constantly standing job
Typical day at work would be to take customer orders, ring up orders on registers, make customer drink and food orders, clean dishes, counter tops and machines. Work closely with co-workers, very fun work environment. Always something to do, never standing around. Benefits are great and so is pay/ tips. Always looking for improvements and pay raises/ promotions.
Coffee master and a part time manager
Learning coach, Coffee master and barista (Former Employee), One FullertonApril 9, 2015
Starbucks as been a good stepping stone to me. Learning how to communicate well and pick up on social skills. I also learn that coffee culture has an eye opening history.
Learn to work under time pressure
Barista (Current Employee), Glendale, CAApril 9, 2015
One of the hardest things I do is taking things from customers without losing composure and not taking them personal. I learned to follow directions and work in a fast paced environment.
fun young place upbeat working atmosphere
Barista (Former Employee), Sunrise,FlApril 9, 2015
Pros: benefits for health and dental
Cons: favortism
it was a great experience all around.... I love the fact there was no end to the combination of beverages you can create... fun upbeat young energy
Great Company, limited advancement
Barista (Current Employee), Tulalip, WAApril 9, 2015
Robert Wayne is great! I was a keyholder there for 1 out of my 2 years there but since it's still a small company that's as far as I was able to advance without moving to Bellingham to a store with slower traffic. Great management and coworkers though.
High school Job
BARISTA (Former Employee), Montgomery, TXApril 9, 2015
back to back shifts, making drinks, cleaning
poor management and co workers
back to back shifts were hard, 4-10pm and then 4am-2pm right after
Great company with great benefits
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Short breaks
Starbucks is a great company to work for. This company is very fast-paced and you the ability to multitask is needed. They offer great benefits and you will always feel appreciated.
Fun job to build and maintain relationships
Store Manager (Current Employee), Highlands Ranch, COApril 8, 2015
As a store manager, it is my responsibility to create a fun learning environment by managing a staff of 25-30 to ensure the excellent customer service. It was also my responsibility to ensure the profitability of the store by using the P&L statement to check that total contribution, controllable contribution, and target sales are met.
Productive and fun workplace.
Barista (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZApril 8, 2015
Starbucks is a good company. I honed my multi-tasking skills while employed as a barista. They worked well with my schedule.
productive workplace, never a dull moment
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 8, 2015
Very busy fast paced fun environment, meet new people everyday. always being able to put a smile one at least one persons day!
Great high paced work environment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, excellent insurance and 401k
Cons: high management turnover, understaffing, high rate of outside hires in management
My four years at Starbucks were a great experience for me, I worked under several different managers and was able to develop my own experience by working at three different stores here in California. I learned from my mangers and was able to work with them to help develop fellow baristas. Sometimes the hardest part of the job was the obstacles, challenges really, when a machine would break down or someone would call out or maybe you ran out of something, but that was also one of the fun parts because the team works together to overcome a tough situation.
challenging, fun work place
Barista (Former Employee), warminster paApril 8, 2015
Starbucks as a company is an amazing place to work. Customers are usually nice and each day is never the same as the last. Its challenging and there is always something going on, so the job never gets boring.
Very fun work environment
Barista (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAApril 8, 2015
Every day at Starbucks was a new adventure. All of the employees were friends so it was easy to have a great time at work without it really feeling like work. Everyone meshed so well.
A fun, friendly and exciting work environment
Barista (Current Employee), North Little Rock, ARApril 8, 2015
I learned how to communicate and handle customers that may have been upset or unsatisfied with their beverage. Our manager is very understanding, and friendly. She listens to your ideas in a sincere manner. She also works with your schedule, and gives you the hours that you need or prefer. My coworkers are very friendly, helpful, and a blast to work with. They are accepting of any race, gender, orientation, as well as new comers.
Productive, quick and fun
Shift Management (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free Sandwich/pastry, and beverages all of your shift, greath health benefits
Cons: Not getting alot of sleep
We open at 5, so being a shift supervisor I open with another person. We prepare coffee, teas and espresso bars. I count money, do a quick inventory of milk, check fridge temperatures. About 6:30 we start to enter our peak, which is considered our busiest time. I manage all breaks and lunches while maintaing the stores cleanliness and the apprearance of baristas making sure they are following store procedures. Around 10a.m I usually try and do the deposit from the previous day depending on business. I come back down pull sandwiches, making sure daily tasks are getting complete, Daily tasks consist of a bunch of cleaning tasks. I continue with sandwiches and pastry inventory along with providing customer service. Around 1p.m I count the safe and turn things over with the next supervisor.
productive and fun workplace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), West Chester, PAApril 8, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: caffeine
It's a great workplace when you have the right people and labor hours to make smoothly run shift. Otherwise, you constantly need tons of O2 and caffeine to get you through. To conclude, mostly a typical day at work is under-staff.
Starbucks is a great place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Richardson, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: Incredible benefits and positive work environment
Cons: Shaking hands from too much caffeine
Starbucks is an amazing place to work, and you truly feel like you are part of something larger than yourself. Loyalty to the product, your store, and pride in what you do will make any time working at Starbucks memorable and worthwhile. Benefits are usually highly competitive.
fast paced
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Del Rio, TXApril 7, 2015
It was a great place to work if you enjoy a very fast environment and love coffee! I enjoyed being a supervisor and handling the store while my manager wasn't there.

About Starbucks

Our employees, who we call partners, are at the heart of the Starbucks Experience. We believe in treating our partners with respect – Read more

Starbucks Salaries