Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 7,711 reviews matching the search
Assistant Supervisor
Asistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 9, 2016
Starbucks is great company to work for. Its retail so it has its downsides but the benefits make it worth while. It is all about the people you work with. They cn make or break a store.
Fun place to work
SHIFT SUPERVISOR STARBUCKS (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 9, 2016
It can be stressful, but is always fun. I work well under the pressure at Starbucks. Its a fast pace environment and that is what I look forward to, the fast pace can also be an issue when things start to get overlooked. There are always advancement opportunities at Starbucks and it is nice to have that option.
Pros
1lb. coffee bean markout each week
Cons
wages.
Great culture and climate
Shift Supervisor/Barista (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 9, 2016
Starbucks is a great place to work as a high school or college student at the barista or shift supervisor level. If you are looking for a long-term career you can find it here too! Becoming a manager of a Starbucks store is an achievable feat for the ambitious worker.
Pros
Partner discount; great customers; free coffee during shift
Cons
Sometimes not so great customers; on your feet all day
I very much enjoyed working for this company.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCSeptember 9, 2016
I learned a lot from both my manager and my coworkers. The environment was always pleasant. I enjoyed having regular customers and seeing them happy after leaving our store. I was complimented on multiple occasions for my good work and positive attitude by both coworkers and customers.
Very social and at times enjoyable enviroment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTSeptember 8, 2016
I started working there when i was on break from school. I was there for over 2 years. i enjoyed meeting and building a relationship with both the customers and my work associates.
Pros
Social atmosphere
Cons
Not quite enough pay to live on
All Pros to working here
Barista (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INSeptember 8, 2016
For being a part time or full time, non degree requiring job you get massive benefits, medical, dental, vision, family optioned insurance, and a secure job that means you can move and still be employed in new location.
Pros
coffee, encouraging company, benefits
Cons
difficult people in general, but every job will have that
dynamic and friendly, fast paced social atmosphere
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Red Bank, NJSeptember 8, 2016
my only criticism of the starbucks partner experience is a lack of compensation and continuity between multiple/changing managers and upper management. my experience has not led me to sufficient compensation for my untiring physical and intellectual abilities and connectivity with both customers and partners/team building. i have grown tremendously while working at starbucks and have met incredible, hardworking people who will be my friends for life, and i enjoy the company's stance on utilizing a corporation's size power to leverage positive changes in the world we live in.
Pros
health benefits, stock options, flexible hours.
Cons
working holidays, difficulty in maintaining continuity/promotion over time
fast paced, but fun.
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 8, 2016
This is a very fast paced place to work. you are on your feet for most of the day. you meet a lot of cool people. hardest part of the job was dealing with the demands of the customers, unrealistic as they sometimes were. most enjoyable part of the job was actually meeting so many people who valued the product you were able to produce for them. The culture of the job is very personable. Very customer service driven, but authentic.
Great Company and great benefits
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Turlock CASeptember 8, 2016
Great Company and the benefits are amazing- But as a mom now I cant work later shifts or early morning shifts like they need. Hard to balance mom duties and work - and the management is very poor here in the central valley.
but overall the company principals and goals are great and the way that partners are "suppose" to be treated are also good.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No advancement oppertunities
Fun fast paced work place
Barista (Current Employee) –  Burke, VASeptember 7, 2016
It can get very busy. Hours fly by. Fast paced sometimes stressful environment.

Great benefits and good starting pay.

Fun place to work at.

Employees are typically all nice.
very good workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2016
Very good workplace. The job was very fun and exciting. The duties and responsibilities were very simple and easy to do. The employees make it very simple for you to learn everything and do your job accordingly.
Productive organized work life
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 7, 2016
Diverse people who come together, communicate strongly and provide a great experience for each and every customer. A lot of great room for growth. benefits are a plus
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
nothing
Busy but fulfilling work environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 7, 2016
While this job can be stressful and takes a while to get into, it is very rewarding in the end. My supervisors are understanding and care about the job that they're doing. Customer focus is a huge part of working at Starbucks and I love doing that work.
Great Workspace,
Barista (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Help customers and aiding co-workers with their tasks while also preforming many cleaning tasks. Everyone tries to be as helpful as possible if you have something you're struggling with usually.
Pros
Free Lunch/ Drinks
Gear environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Lomita, CASeptember 7, 2016
Like being here great environment to learn to deal with people. The company is great and is good for students and offers many benefits for the workers
Fun workplace and Enviorment
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 7, 2016
a typical day included of floor cleaning, leaning the bar and the special kind of drinks and working the cashier. and learning about all the different types of coffee around the world and learned more about texture and smell etc...
my manager was amazing very understanding and learned her friendship and manager balance and was very awesome to be around such pleasant co workers who also where very helpful when you needed an extra hand around the bar area...
hard part? None, as long as you pay attention and practice everything was quite simple and what I enjoyed most was the environment I worked in was amazing and made it joyful to come to work even if was at 6am.
Fun, fast-paced environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CASeptember 6, 2016
A typical day in the life of a Starbucks partner consists of the normal brewing of coffee, steaming milk, making frappuccinos, and working with awesome people. This company has been a key part in my development not only as an employee, but as a member of society. The management ranges from district managers to store managers and shift supervisors. Each of these leaders have one mission and that is the development of the company and its partners. My coworkers are one of the main things that keep the job entertaining. The partners are the backbone of the company and having happy partners ensures a sooth running store. Like every job there are some difficult times. Dealing with guests who feel they are entitled is one of the most difficult things, because they almost always get what they want regardless how ridiculous the request, and almost all the time, they get what they want because corporate follows a "say yes" policy and doesn't back the partners. Other than that my overall opinion of the company is positive. They definitely take care of their partners.
Pros
free coffee, free food, great benefits
Cons
always busy, overworked, under paid
Fast pace, productive and fun work place
Barista (Current Employee) –  Renton, WASeptember 6, 2016
Starbucks is overall a great company to work for. Every day is different and the seasonal promotions are always changing making it easier to grow and learn with the company.
Pros
Flexible
Great experience doing excellent customer service within a demanding atmosphere.b b
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CASeptember 6, 2016
A typical day at work would be the usual responsibilities (i.e. brew coffee, bartend, clean bakery and store facility, cash station) plus any other particular shift specifics.

I enjoy this type of work.
Pros
Free food + beverages, quick & easy shift modification
Cons
pay okay
very prouctive, great benefits
Barista (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 6, 2016
A typical day at starbucks is pretty hectic, but it keeps you on your toes. You learn how to work well with a team and customer service skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.