Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 11,991 reviews matching the search
Not as good as one might think
Barista (Former Employee) –  Evans, GAAugust 15, 2017
When I started working for Starbucks I thought they were an awesome company but over time seeing who they placed in management made me really wonder. The manager of the store I worked at was the reason I left. She was verbally abusive and unwilling to work with peoples schedules even though they tout being a great place to work for college students.
Great working environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers and working alongside different people. I enjoy making the customers feel welcomed and enjoy the experience.
Lots of Free Coffee! You have to make it yourself!
Retail installation support specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 15, 2017
They have great amenities like standing desks, laptops and not desktops, fair cooling and the views are great. The food offered is good but pricey however food trucks are always an option being that they park outside the building. However if you are the type of person that likes to be known you will probably not like to work here. The culture is all about LGBT rights and if you are other than that you are not welcome to express your beliefs for fear of getting fired. Parking is also a HUGE problem!
I love the company but i did not appreciate management.
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 15, 2017
After working at Starbucks for 7 months, I truly learned a lot. How to connect with customers, find passion for your work and much more. Yet the management was unreasonable and unfair. I loved my job to the bottom of the core. I enjoyed creating latte and tea art just as much as interacting with people, and finding out interesting things everyday. My manager did not care for the fact my mother was sick and would still expect me to choose work over her. I ended up leaving the company because i was never heard. Therefore, i love Starbucks company but will i ever work for another Starbucks store again? No. Would i recommend it for any one? Sure. If you are the type to live at work.
Pros
discounts, free food/drinks, flexible coverage
Cons
no fairness, poor management, low staff, under paid.
The job was fast paced and had different task that needed to be completed
Barista (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 15, 2017
The management was poor when I started the job until we got new management. When new management came in there were bias actions that caused me move on to a better opportunity. I became a Batista and it was an awesome task.
Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAAugust 15, 2017
Loved my time at Starbucks. Management was excellent and customers even better. Overall a great environment made the day go by. Not to mention the coffee was amazing!
fast pased customer service a must
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZAugust 15, 2017
it was a great place to work. I enjoyed working with the public and having a great product to promote. The schedule was nice and somewhat flexible as a manager
Fast paced, people oriented, physically demanding
Baista (Current Employee) –  Mary Esther, FLAugust 15, 2017
I work at a Target Starbucks so typically a day starts and ends with only one barista on duty. This makes it difficult to do any backup preparation for the day because we are responsible for manning register, hot bar, cold bar, and warming station. Management, especially district, are way too picky. They want everyone, at all times, to follow precise cup marking, beverage assembly, drink calling, and be connecting with guests all the time.
The culture of the work place is excepting and inclusive and is one thing I like about the job. The hardest part of the job is the lifting of big bulky heavy boxes. The most enjoyable part is the friendships developed with regular customers and sampling new drinks and food.
Pros
Working at Target Starbucks...shorter hours
Cons
At Target Starbucks...Not allowed to accept tips
Great work environment and fun job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 15, 2017
Starbucks was by far my favorite job. Job training is exceptional and so is hiring. Starbucks seems to attract interesting and engaging employees in all locations, making their stores a great place to work.
Pros
good training, great benefits, amazing people, enjoyable job
Cons
can be stressful, not much room for upward growth beyond store manager.
great co workers
Barista (Current Employee) –  sfoAugust 15, 2017
managment is bad, but all that doesnt matter cause all the co workers are very helpful and nice. its avery fast pace environment at the airport everyone who lands wants a coffee.
Pros
$12 minimum free lunch, great people
Cons
bad managment, always running out of products
Harsh but Worth it
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COAugust 14, 2017
The company does not pay it's workers near enough for the stress they have to go through daily. it's fast paced and rough for people who have never had to work before. It is a high stress and highvolume company. it's drawbacks are the high standards they put on partners with out compensating them near enough to their value. I beleive that the company uses the benefits as an excuse to pay the minimum wage. I have worked for almost 5 years at the company and the only reason i can validate getting paid minimum wage is the people.
Customers and coworkers are what makes the company amazing. they are the only reason I even go to work any more. the stress of not having enough partners on the floor or not having enough time to get things done is not worth my mental health but I love the people. It is the one thing I look forward too in the company.
Customers have such amazing and wonderful lives and getting to know them personally is a great honor to me. and I love every one of them.
Pros
free beverages, free food, weekly markout, wonderful people
Cons
low pay, standing all day, back and leg pain
Fun to work with
HMS Host (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 14, 2017
Starbucks is a good place to work with especially if you have passion on what you do in fact if i have a chance to work there again I would gladly comeback and work then work y way up.
Pros
Got to taste and experiment drinks
Cons
always busy
Great place to work at
Barista (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 14, 2017
Starbucks has great customers who come in everyday & you might even know they order before they get to the register. Also you'll have good team members who will help you even if you not struggling.
Pros
Weekly tips, free drinks
Cons
Rush hour
Favorite Place I have ever worked.
Barista Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 14, 2017
Starbucks, was and has been the best job I have ever had. Fun work, fast paced, great relationships built, and amazing benefits. I suggest this job to anyone and everyone.
Pros
free drinks and meals, free spotify premium, 2 years paid college, healthcare, tips
Productive and fast-paced
BARRISTER (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 14, 2017
the company overall is good, they care a lot about their workers. but if you cant handle pressure or think right under pressure, this job is not for you. if you stay focused and respectful under pressure, then is for you.
Great starter job, great benefits pay doesn't rise unless your position does.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Peru, ILAugust 14, 2017
I love the girls I work with, we are like a family. Relaxed dress code, tattoos and some piercings/stretched ears okay, no drug-testing, and you can get insurance, a free Bachelor's degree through Arizona State University, as they are a very progressive socialist company, trying to aid in having people not having to work for low wage jobs. Recycling programs are regular at most locations. Every barista gets a free pound of coffee (or K-Cups/pods or box of tea) every week,

However, the morale is low a lot of the time because we do not get enough labor even though we have PLENTY of customers. They do not put enough partners on the floor, they have people go home early, people scramble for hours from each other, and there's too many people (most with a lot experience) at this location. This is during Jan-Mar and June-Aug. Other times, we have enough hours, but the pay is still low unless you train to become a shift supervisor. At my location, they are not paid much more than a regular barista or "Partner". We have no recycling program at our location, our store is not up to par with many Starbucks locations because it is over ten years old and they keep putting off our supposed remodel.

Bottom line, it's nice, but in larger cities. I'm looking to quit. If I ever came back to work at a Starbucks, it would be in a larger city.
Pros
benefits eligibility, free Bachelors degree through ASU if you have the time, benefits, etc.; free pound of coffee every week
Cons
low wages, not enough hours, labor low, sometimes bad morale, ASU is very difficult
A productive and easy place to work
Certified Barista Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, OHAugust 14, 2017
A typical day at work is to come in and just start working and for the most part enjoy the people that I work with and our regular customers. Working at Starbucks for almost 2 years and the only thing that has been the hard part is to get used to new staff members. The culture of the store I am at is laid back but sometimes stressful depending on our level of business for the day.
Pros
free food, free drinks, 30% discount, meeting new people
Cons
angry people, dealing with incompetent trainees, lack of labor
very fun when you are young
Barista (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 14, 2017
i had a lot of fun with it but its fun while you are young with energy and its a fun step up job while you are in school and a tight schedule they are awesome to work around your schedule
Great place to work for, if you have need for the benefits.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXAugust 14, 2017
I loved Starbucks, it was fast paced, challenging, and kept me busy. I was promoted within three months of working there, and I really missed just being a Barista, they get treated a lot better. Also, the pay isn't as great as they advertise, but the benefits are amazing. I would recommend it, but I would only recommend you being a part time Barista.
Pros
Awesome discounts and benefits
Cons
Short breaks, usually disrupted due to staffing shortage
Good job as a placeholder until you find your career
Shift Supervisor- Barista (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 14, 2017
Hours are flexible, benefits are great

Typical days are fast paced. Shifts move quickly.

I learned how to effectively apply principles of time management as well as how to manage the personalities of co-workers as a supervisor in order to run shifts as efficiently as possible

The hardest part of the job is accepting the pay rate. I make enough money to make ends meet, but that is it. Everyone is always looking for more hours and the company does not allow overtime. I wish I made more per hour.

The best part of the job is the flexible schedule. If you need to work a second job or go to school, Starbucks is a great place to help improve your life.
Pros
Discounts on food and drinks
Cons
Hours and Pay Rate are low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.