Who You Work For
Let’s be honest –in this industry, sometimes we complicate things that should be simple. Here’s the bottom line: We want you to join us if you know how to and are truly passionate about guiding marketers on how to best connect their brands with people. It doesn’t get much simpler than that.
At Starcom, we have a unique approach and provide the support to help you do this. In fact, our approach is built on creating the space for ideas that lead to smart work, and Starcom is built to celebrate and develop YOUR ideas.
Our clients are some of the world’s biggest and boldest marketers.
So, if you like what you’ve read so far, and want to work for a company that values diversity and community outreach, has perks like free soda in the office and product discounts and is known for its industry-renowned training program, keep reading.
What You’ll Do
As a Media Supervisor at Starcom:
- You will get to know your client’s business inside and out, including the industry and your client’s competitors. You will use your knowledge to determine advertising and media needs.
- You will focus your efforts on media strategy, investment, and/or a combination of both working in a specialty area.
o If your focus is strategy, your group will create and present media plans to clients. You’ll get an understanding of who they want to reach and for what purpose, and help them decide what medium, community or content can make that happen.
o If your focus is investment, your group will invest client budgets with media partners in the most effective and efficient way. This means negotiating while collaborating with the TV networks, publishers, app creators, web portals, newspapers, video web sites and more that you see every day to create exciting new marketing solutions.
o If you are working in a specialty group, you will have responsibilities similar to those of both strategy and investment groups, but focus on one medium or type of advertising, which might include: multicultural media, Internet marketing, out-of-home marketing, direct response, sport/event marketing, field marketing, international media, media research, TV programming or entertainment marketing.
- You won’t be in it alone. You will work with some of the best Associate Media Directors and Media Directors in the business to create and execute a communications plan for your brand.
- You will interact with the client on a day-to-day basis and work with other Starcom team members to ensure your team’s media strategies are executed successfully throughout the year.
- You will lead and help develop one or more Media Associates.
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, and communications preferred. If you don’t have a Bachelor’s degree, we’ll take 8+ years of experience with media planning, buying and management instead. You have been working in media planning, buying and management for 3+ years with progressive levels of responsibility.
- You write and speak well, and have a knack for sharing complicated ideas in a simple, understandable way.
- You deliver rock star presentations and you’re ready to negotiate to get the job done right.
- You play well with others, you can juggle multiple projects at once and even under pressure you can deliver high quality work within tight deadlines. (Maybe you even function best under pressure, which works for us.)
- You like the idea of coming to work in jeans, finding free food whenever you want it and working with a group of fun, smart, and passionate people.
- You’re already active in the kinds of digital gadgets and communities that are changing our business. You have a passion for tablets, smartphones, social networks, instant messaging, widgets, apps, blogs and whatever is new and life-changing, and want to find ways to make them work for brands.
- You think critically, analyze everything and look for unconventional solutions to problems. You like to speak up with new ideas, and help carry out the smart ideas of others. You can analyze a set of numbers and you are proficient in math. You know how (or are eager to learn how) to utilize media research.
- You know how to use media systems, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. (But these days, who doesn’t?)
Who We Are
Starcom is a world-renowned media agency that simplifies human understanding to deliver meaningful brand experiences. Starcom does this by creating the Space for Ideas, in peoples' minds and in the world, via a unique approach that gives the agency an unparalleled advantage. With over 1,200 employees, Starcom helps get the right consumers’ attention and delivers brand-building results for many of the world's leading companies. For more information on Starcom, visit www.starcomusa.com. Starcom is part of Starcom MediaVest Group (SMG), which was named Adweek’s Media Agency of the Decade in 2009. As a division of Publicis Groupe we’re connected like no other network and we are looking for passionate and inquisitive people to join us.
Please go to http://www.publicisgroupe.com/#/en/career/talent/offer/filterLang/EN/id/SMG00059 and submit your resume for consideration.
SMG Performance Marketing (SMG PM) provides performance-based solutions for clients, leveraging all channels – online and offline...