STARCON INTERNATIONAL Employee Reviews

Fire Watch, hole watch ,flagger (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 21, 2017
So far is the best company I worked for they pay really good just because night shift finish am not there no more but for me I will continue there I hope I can work again for them
Firewatch (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 8, 2017
Enjoyed working with colleagues and the administration was positive. The hours were long but the time went by fast because you were busy. The forman was good about calling you back for the next job.
Pros
Everyone was friendly and helpful.
Cons
Not long-term
Great company
Pipefitter NCCER (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXAugust 7, 2017
Very good place to work, salary was good and I would like to work for Starcon International again if an when opportunity arises. Gained good work experience.
Productive place to learn
Lead Scaffold Builder (Current Employee) –  St. Paul Park, MNAugust 3, 2017
Great place to experience the oil refinery. Many different career paths within Starcon. Many free tests are available to move up within the company. More overtime then you can handle.
Good Company
Industrial Painter General Foreman (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 22, 2017
Good Company good pay and alright benefits. Safety is the companies number one priority good staff and environment to work with. everything has been good so far.
I really enjoy working for starcon
Forklift Operator,bus fire watch, hole watch (Former Employee) –  Exxon plant Baytown TexasJuly 17, 2017
This company was big on safety and you were able to advance. There were plenty of opportunities for me. I learned a lot and valued my position with this company.
I loved being a employee with this company
Labor Foreman (Former Employee) –  Exxon Baytown TexasJuly 17, 2017
I was employed with starcon during my employment I started as a labor, firewatch, flagger. After being with them a few months I was promoted to labor lead. I held that position til December then I was promoted again this time to labor foreman. I ended on a layoff on July 7, 2017 when the entire night shift was let go. I love this industry and have lot to offer in this field. I'm also big on safety.
A very good place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYJuly 12, 2017
Family Dollar Distribution Center is a very good place to work. It has competitive pay for the companies in the area. They treat you very well and always make sure you have what you need to do the job
Great Place to Work With!
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 6, 2017
The job was safety oriented and very laid back, management within the offices are very easy going handle requests promptly, the most enjoyable part was the job itself
Pros
safety, pay
Cons
short breaks, foreman
No raises, no opportunities unless you're a lying rat
Scaffold Mechanic (Current Employee) –  St. Paul Park, MNJuly 5, 2017
Don't quit your job based on promises from Starcon. No promised raises are given out. Supervisors buddy lied and gets paid more than most other employees and is completely worthless. Poor pay for work done and little vacation time. Scaffold guys overworked while mechanics/boilermakers sit back and nap half the day. 4 10s is the only plus side, but call ins are a pretty regular thing. Starcon's best year yet, but after 3 years they still can't give out a cost of living raise!
Pros
4 10 hour day work week
Cons
Poor pay, no raises, no opportunities
good work
Structure Welder (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 5, 2017
easy to get along. Met a lot of great guys out here. I hope to work with them again soon. As with any company it has its ups and downs....but overall a good experience.
Good safe work place
Boilermaker Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2017
Real strict on safety but that's good the company actually showed you they cared. If you didn't feel safe doing something and you told someone nobody got mad they would shut the job down find another way to do it safely and continue on time wasn't an issue there !
Pros
Safety was extreamly good
Cons
Wearing spoggles all the time
starcon
Master Mechanic (Former Employee) –  joliet illinoisJune 22, 2017
a great place to work great people the company works all over the treat there people great the work can be daily maintenance to turnarounds would like to stay with them but there is a lack of work
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Construction Industry
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAMay 26, 2017
StarCon is a construction based business. The jobs have short and long term availability, which if possible, is well worth being a part of any, regardless of distance from home.
Good company
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Channahon, ILMarch 14, 2017
Its really a good company besides not knowing if you will have a job the next day or not! Everything seems to be kept a secret and the work is starting to diminish.
Fun Place to work at
Iron Worker (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 1, 2017
This company was a great connection to work at however what I did not like was that there was a click that you needed to fit in or else you would get cut for no reason at all....
Summary of Starcon
Manager (Current Employee) –  Catlettsburg, KYJanuary 24, 2017
Good job to have . plenty of opportunity to grow, safety is a priority, quality then, productivity. I reccomend that you apply and work for a quality company
Productive and fun place to work
Bus driver/ Tool room Attendant (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJanuary 12, 2017
great place to work, allows for travel if your willing. long hours, but great pay in a refinery. offers both day and night shift work, they are international. Management that I worked with was the best. There wasn't part of the job that I didn't like doing. I enjoyed getting paid most about this job
Pros
nice pay
Cons
contract work
Many Job Opportunities
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Typically long hours worked during construction, and turn around inside of plants. Good opportunity for rapid advancement.
great worplace
Extractor Technician/ NCCER rigger (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 2, 2016
great job, great company, great people to work around loved the work place. learned to run various types of equipment and how to work on them as well.