Starcrest Products Of California

Starcrest Products Of California Employer Reviews

Fast paced warehouse
Packer (Current Employee), Perris, CAJuly 17, 2014
Fast paced environment,standing and packing all day.I learned how to pack.Not very good management. Friendly people.The hardest part working in a hot day and the most enjoyable part pay day.
it was a consistant reliable job
Shipping Department (Former Employee), Perris, CAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: we got alot of over-time
Cons: i have nothing to complain about
a tryppical day at work was scanning boxes,loading trailers,iventory prep

this is were i got all my warehouse experiance

management were laid bac people

co-workers were nice and always will to help

there was nothing hard about the job

the most enjoyable part of the job was my check
Great place to work for entry level positions
Analyst (Current Employee), Perris, CAJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: work
Cons: compensation
Unfortunately not much room for growth but there was some mobility. I was promoted once and I see the potential for maybe one more promotion but all Management Positions are filled. I am interested in the legal field and Starcrest does not have a legal department.
Starcrest has many employees and the turnaround may be quick so I have met many people. – more... I have enjoyed working with such a mix of people performing different levels of experience. I have learned many things at Starcrest, from inventory control to forecast analysis. I enjoy the research and fast pace of my employment. – less
Well-run company with friendly coworkers
Mailing Coordinator (Former Employee), Perris, CAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: good lunch hours, sufficient break/stretching periods
Cons: monotonous work, overly simple tasks
A typical work day involved proofreading product ads, managing databases containing records of older mailings and organizing current ones. I learned how to interact with personnel from Starcrests business partners that created their envelopes and shipped their ads. The management was well-versed in their job and clear in explaining the world that is – more... required, and my co-workers were efficient and helpful in completing tasks with me, if needed. The hardest part of the job would be adapting to the companies lack of technological advancement in that they quite often used older systems to process and store information. My most enjoyable job was working in a group with my co-workers to proofread ads for spelling errors. – less
I have to adjust my work time due to I work in the evening. Team work is very important in this job to get the job done on time.
Computer Operator (Former Employee), Perris, CASeptember 6, 2013
Multi-tasking is very important in this job. I have to work in the computer room and also work in the warehouse to take the inventory of products.
Telephone Order Center representatives have it good.
Telephone Representative (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: cafeteria, coworkers, incentives, company picnics.
Cons: minimum wage, atmosphere, employees in warehouse area are overworked.
Worked as a weekend employee during my High School days and loved it.
Fun place to work
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee), Perris, CAJuly 24, 2013
Pros: worked with great people
Cons: not enough pay for the responsibilities
Typical day consisted of tracking orders, placing new orders, keeping updated inventory of supplies on hand. Negotiate better contracts and pricing with vendors.
A fantastic family oriented company
Merchandise Control Analytical Supervisor (Current Employee), Perris, CAJuly 18, 2013
Pros: great people, great hours, cares about it's employees, onsite cafeteria, tons of incentives ex. annual company picnic, holiday parties, discounts at movies/theme parks etc.
Cons: the kaiser plan offered is less than desirable, but more cost efficient for most of the employees
This company is one of very few that I can say genuinely cares about its employees. The company strives to hire and keep 'good people' which is wonderful, as it eliminates having to work with difficult/dramatic people who can make the environment hostile and unpleasant. Since the company is so large, there's opportunity for advancement and learning – more... different departments.
In my opinion the concept of the company is fun.
On site training.
Pay is not the most competitive, but I would choose this atmosphere and job over another higher paying job at a different company. – less
Great workplace to gain distribution/ warehouse experience.
Lead (Current Employee), Perris, CAJune 18, 2013
Pros: medical benefits, friendly co-workers, free snacks at break
Cons: low pay income.
A typical work day at my position consists of making sure who is present to work. After that is done, I either fill-in whoever's position that is absent, or assist my supervisor with any work she needs done. I will go up and down the production/order picking line seeing if anything is out of stock and needs to be ordered. I will then check our computers – more... (DIMS) to check the status of the items needed, and make sure all the orders get fulfilled. At the end of the production day I will ensure everything has been finished and either help with any product line changes or inventory the brochures so we will have what's needed for the next production day.
I have learned the in's and out's of order distribution at my work. I have also learned how to manage time and employees that work in our department whenever my supervisor is out. I've met lot of good people at my job and have made many friends from them. I would only say that the hardest part of the job is the weather. The heat during the summer and cold in the winter plays definitely affects work and makes it hard sometimes. – less
Very fast paced and repetitive.
Warehouse Worker; Picker, Packer, stocker (Current Employee), Perris, CaliforniaJune 17, 2013
Pros: free snack and coffee at break
Cons: pay rate
A typical day at Starcrest includes arriving on time and going to your designated area. Work until orders are finished. This was my first warehouse job. It was the only warehouse that does not require prior experience. Management was decent and a lot of employees have been there for 20+ years and will leave a memorable mark on me. Hardest part is not – more... getting behind and keeping up with the conveyor belt, which I enjoy because I feel like I am getting a work out and I am satisfied when I do well. – less
Fun place to work
Production worker, order picker, spliter. (Former Employee), Perris, CAMarch 17, 2013
Pros: co-workers and raffles....
Cons: incentives, health plan.
It was a fun place to work, the people (co-workers) were always trying to help each other and helping specially the new ones,our manager was always trying to make things easier for us but she had the responsibility to get the job done and that sometimes had a toll on us.
Busy, fast paced, repetetive call center.
Telephone Order Representative (Current Employee), Perris, CAJanuary 6, 2013
My job as a telephone order representatives has taught me a lot about retail since I’ve worked there. I have gained a lot of patience over time, whereas customers can sometimes be a challenge. On average I place about 60 orders a day, key in customer information, and assist customers with any challenges they may face with previous and future orders. – more... The hardest part of the job can be the customers. Majority of Starcrest's customers are senior citizens, which means often times they are hard of hearing and even sight. I have to have a lot of patience via telephone while assiting them with their orders. My fellow co-workers are pleasant and when we do have a chance we do vent and figure out better ways to dealing with the customers who can be unpleasant at time. More the anything my job has taught me how to deal with people over the phone. It has also bettered my typing on the computer and time managing skills. – less
Good Cust. Serv. Experience, Unfair Labor and Pay, Nothing ethical about this company
Telephone Sales Operator (Current Employee), Perris, CANovember 13, 2012
Pros: promote healthy lifestyles for environment
Cons: not a healthy place to be in, unfair labor, total unfairness
I enjoy the carpooling contests and walk logs that they encourage employees to do, and the once a year company picnic.
Those are the only fun and ethical things about the business.
I do not know how they pass their health inspection every year.
My father works in an asbestos, mold, and lead company and god does that company reek of mold, you can see – more... it everywhere from the ceilings to the lunch fridges.
You will never be able to advance as an employee there. They hire supervisors and all form the outside, no one has real experience within the business before becoming a top employer.
They make you stay up to 11 hour shifts with notice the minute you clock in for work. They expect so much from a company that gives so little. Customers are always complaining and returning the merchandise. False advertisements.
They make over 300 mill and we still have computers from the 80's. The desks are small that a bathtub, and we now safe desks, so no personalizing our workplace or desk anymore.
The owner is very cheap, very selfish. Its like everything they do right is o that they won't get sewed, and they do it with minimal effort. – less
Definite job security but with bad pay and no room for advancement
CMT Clerk (Current Employee), Perris, CAAugust 16, 2012
Pros: free coffee and a cafeteria
Cons: minimum wage, no oppurtunity for advancement
A typical day at work is pretty uneventful and includes the same repetitive tasks day after day. This is good if you're a creature of habit and like just doing what you know. I like to learn new things so it can get a little mundane around the work place. Management does a pretty good job with managing the departments, they are very considerate of family – more... needs and try their hardest to work with employees when need be. My favorite part of my job is the people I work with...I love my co-workers and supervisor. The hardest part of my job is living with the fact that it is a minimum wage job and no matter how well you do their really isn't any room for advancement. – less
Great company to gain customer service experience.
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Perris, CAJuly 24, 2012
Pros: free coffee and snacks daily. company potlucks and great discounts.
Cons: need more organization
I have gained excellent customer service experience. I have been trained in data entry and other computer programs.
worst job ever
call center (Former Employee), perrios caJune 29, 2012
Pros: i quit!
Cons: unorganized, greedy, borderline illegal. filing claim with whistle blowers
poor communication, management is passive aggressive, staff is overworked underappreciated. they rip people off by takin money and not sending product, very unethical company
poor pay
Telephone Call Operator (Current Employee), Perris, CAJune 7, 2012
Pros: steady work
Cons: minimum wages
hours are highly varied and working in the TOC is repetitive

June 12, 2012

After you turned in your application did you call to check on it ? I am curious on how the hiring process worked i applied there on monday

Horrible place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), perris,caMay 4, 2012
Pros: paychecks were on time
Cons: everything else
Upper management acted as though everyone was trying to cheat them. No loyalty to their people at all, this includes mid and lower level management. New managers are flat out lied to about working hours and conditions.
Easy to get hired, very good for a first job.
senior Telephone Center (Former Employee), Perris, CAFebruary 19, 2012
Pros: free coffee, employee dicounts
Cons: long hours required for full time employees
Great first job for students to work part time set hours with extra hours if wanted. Also have weekend hours for someone looking for a second job.
Easy Job and interesting co-workers
Stocker (Former Employee), Perris,CAJanuary 28, 2012
Pros: steady pay for those that don't have any kids.
Cons: lack of pay raise.
Steady hours and free coffee.Great job for those coming right out of high school but they now require 3+months of related warehouse experience not like it use to be when you can just go in and apply and they call you the next 2 days....thanks to the economy but it didnt really have much effect on this company.I still know people that still works there – more... for 5+years. – less