Starcrest Products Of California Employee Reviews

Worst job of my life!
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Perris, CASeptember 13, 2016
This is by far the worst job of my life. They treat you like a slave and make sure your answering a call every five seconds. Also all the people you talk to are old and rude and they can hardly speak clearly. Not to mention your work space is so dirty and mold is growing on the walls. Then they make you work mandatory over time and its just call after call after call. And selling old people these products that are cheap garbage! This twice before applying! This is by far the worst job ive ever had and quit after a week!
Terrible company
Layout Artist (Current Employee) –  Perris, CASeptember 2, 2016
Family crisis! They cut our employees hours due to the company lost money but the old kids of the president they still make big buks plus he has his son in law working with no prior knowledge of management!
Pros
Not a good place to work for
Cons
Free snacks
Very bad place to work at!
Proofreader/Copy Editor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 30, 2016
They cut the employees hours: FAMILY CRISis!DUE TO CUT BACK ON OUR HOURS: It is very horrible that the company looses money and takes on us the employees to cut our hours back; awful!
Pros
Terrible place to work at
Cons
No place for advancement:
Super nice people
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAApril 11, 2016
I learned how to know on what to prioritize to get the work done. I became more resourceful. I learned on how to be independent and be sure that I always get my job done before the end of the day.
Pros
Free snacks
High paced demanding work place
Employee (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAJanuary 30, 2016
National Catalog Retail Corporation and Warehouse Distribution Center. Several shifts of warehouse employees and telephone operating centers. Family owned corporation with three generations involved.
Pros
Free Coffee and Daily Snack
Cons
Benefits and Wages
This job has helped me to keep afloat with my financial status.
Merchandise Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Perris, Calif.August 30, 2015
I have learned to be very proficient and organized I have learned a great deal about advertising. This is a fair place to work . If you accomplish all your work on time with little to no errors. I enjoy my fellow workers and everybody works very hard and are very dedicated as well as management.
Pros
I have become very proficient and it is close to where I live.
Cons
Not much room for advancement and poor pay raises for each year.
Great first job
Telephone Call Center Representive (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAAugust 20, 2015
Extremely flexible schedule. Lots of help from supervisors and other peers. Great benefits and commission. Love the workplace.
Family run company with a family feel in the work place
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAJuly 18, 2015
The type of work I do is very enjoyable and working for a family is a plus. They provide us with a great cafeteria and even a free snack in the morning plus all the free coffee we want.
Pros
The food we can buy there is low in price and great. Management is very hands on and personable.
Cons
The pay is not the best.
TOC ( current ) 2015
call center (Current Employee) –  TOCMarch 1, 2015
I used to like my job even though the pay was bad, but I can actually say I hate working in TOC at Starcrest now. I can't wait to get out . Since Christmas they have made us work 10 and 11 hour days and mandatory Saturdays. With no end in site ! We have lost half our employees to either illness, or they just quit do to the exhaustion, and they couldn't even give us a raise on our last review. I don't understand how any company can think this is a humane way to treat it's employees . They do not care If mothers see there children,or If you have any time for your family, or other obligations. You are also micromanaged and Unappreciated . So if this sounds like a job you would like come on down and join us . Then you can be as miserable as us ! They could be a good company but some thinks definitely need to change.
Pros
good benefits, a cafeteria, christmas party, company picnic
Cons
no balance family/ life and very low pay
productive
Stocker (Current Employee) –  PerrisFebruary 19, 2015
In this job, the tasks are to be stocking merchandise and moving pallets with ease. On some occasions, the use of a computer was required.
Starcrest Products of California
Graphics Supervisor, (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 25, 2014
Starcrest is a company that had been successful in the catalog business for over 35 years, located in Riverside County, California.
They create over 7 catalogs a month in the mail and provide complete fulfillment for those catalogs. The typical work day for me started at 7:45 or earlier. I needed to be there prior to employees arriving checking the progress of the production of individual catalogs, and their shipping to the printers involved in their production. It might also involve solving personnel problems that arise and coordination with the four freelance copywriters who wrote the copy for the catalogs. It would also require creating visual concepts for the catalog layout and cover designs. We usually work 3-6 months ahead of a 12 month year schedule in order to make mailing deadlines. As the websites came into existence I usually did thumbnail layouts for the design of the web page and handed them off to the layout artist on staff. I also coordinated with the photo departments and created and directed images that were needed. Management was somewhat formal but that was their company and the way they chose to run it. All management personnel dressed professionally "coat & tie" at least for the male, professional style for the women. The atmosphere was friendly and comfortable with little or no conflicts. Integrity was a high priority in all decisions and actions. For me the hardest part of the job was the business report and projections to be created annually. The most enjoyable part was being able to design concepts and work directly with the President of the company
  more... on the projects.  less
Pros
annual company picnic, health care, 25 to 50% discount at the company store
Cons
401k available but not supported by company contributions
Warehouse Supervisor
Stock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Perris CaAugust 22, 2014
Great opportunity in the beginning. The management courses were very informative and although the working conditions were poor and the hours long, I am glad to have had the experience with Starcrest.
Pros
management are empowered to bring forth results.
Cons
life work balance
Fast paced warehouse
Packer (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAJuly 17, 2014
Fast paced environment,standing and packing all day.I learned how to pack.Not very good management. Friendly people.The hardest part working in a hot day and the most enjoyable part pay day.
it was a consistant reliable job
Shipping Department (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAMarch 12, 2014
a tryppical day at work was scanning boxes,loading trailers,iventory prep

this is were i got all my warehouse experiance

management were laid bac people

co-workers were nice and always will to help

there was nothing hard about the job

the most enjoyable part of the job was my check
Pros
we got alot of over-time
Cons
i have nothing to complain about
Great place to work for entry level positions
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAJanuary 4, 2014
Unfortunately not much room for growth but there was some mobility. I was promoted once and I see the potential for maybe one more promotion but all Management Positions are filled. I am interested in the legal field and Starcrest does not have a legal department.
Starcrest has many employees and the turnaround may be quick so I have met many people. I have enjoyed working with such a mix of people performing different levels of experience. I have learned many things at Starcrest, from inventory control to forecast analysis. I enjoy the research and fast pace of my employment.
Pros
work
Cons
compensation
Well-run company with friendly coworkers
Mailing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAOctober 17, 2013
A typical work day involved proofreading product ads, managing databases containing records of older mailings and organizing current ones. I learned how to interact with personnel from Starcrests business partners that created their envelopes and shipped their ads. The management was well-versed in their job and clear in explaining the world that is required, and my co-workers were efficient and helpful in completing tasks with me, if needed. The hardest part of the job would be adapting to the companies lack of technological advancement in that they quite often used older systems to process and store information. My most enjoyable job was working in a group with my co-workers to proofread ads for spelling errors.
Pros
good lunch hours, sufficient break/stretching periods
Cons
monotonous work, overly simple tasks
I have to adjust my work time due to I work in the evening. Team work is very important in this job to get the job done on time.
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Perris, CASeptember 6, 2013
Multi-tasking is very important in this job. I have to work in the computer room and also work in the warehouse to take the inventory of products.
Telephone Order Center representatives have it good.
Telephone Representative (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAAugust 19, 2013
Worked as a weekend employee during my High School days and loved it.
Pros
cafeteria, coworkers, incentives, company picnics.
Cons
minimum wage, atmosphere, employees in warehouse area are overworked.
Fun place to work
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAJuly 24, 2013
Typical day consisted of tracking orders, placing new orders, keeping updated inventory of supplies on hand. Negotiate better contracts and pricing with vendors.
Pros
worked with great people
Cons
not enough pay for the responsibilities
A fantastic family oriented company
Merchandise Control Analytical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAJuly 18, 2013
This company is one of very few that I can say genuinely cares about its employees. The company strives to hire and keep 'good people' which is wonderful, as it eliminates having to work with difficult/dramatic people who can make the environment hostile and unpleasant. Since the company is so large, there's opportunity for advancement and learning different departments.
In my opinion the concept of the company is fun.
On site training.
Pay is not the most competitive, but I would choose this atmosphere and job over another higher paying job at a different company.
Pros
great people, great hours, cares about it's employees, onsite cafeteria, tons of incentives ex. annual company picnic, holiday parties, discounts at movies/theme parks etc.
Cons
the kaiser plan offered is less than desirable, but more cost efficient for most of the employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starcrest Products Of California. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5