Starcrest Products Of California Employee Reviews

good job but terrible staff
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAJuly 18, 2017
TOC department job was good for the first few months but after we got new Management and everything went down hill from there. Many employees there thought they had the authority to yell at you and treat you like children. its a very bad working environment which i mean its dirty mold on the celing just gross! sad part is the owner does not know half of the things the go on up there he should be more aware what kind of woman work in that department. bottom line is DONT WORK FOR STARCREST! unless you want to deal with rude employees in the TOC department!
Cons
dirty restrooms mold on ceilings
Stressful work pace
Telephone Representative (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAJuly 10, 2017
A lot of training but very limited.
Bad pay
Horrible working conditions
Many hours 9/12 hour shifts
Flexible shifts
Most holidays off but no pay
Pros
Usually have many hours to work flexible hours
Cons
Bad pay
Starcrest is an ok place to work.
Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAJune 14, 2017
Starcrest was the best job Ive ever had. Yes they have their problems like all companies do. They treated me very well. The owner is a very up standing man that never treated with nothing but respect. I was promoted twice while i was there from a Gardner to Mechanic to Facilities Supervisor. The work in some areas is harder than others but i believe if you truly work hard there is a great chance to get ahead in the company.
Pros
Full lunch cafeteria on site to order hot food
Cons
Health care very expensive
Very Informative
Costing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAMay 23, 2017
Management is very precise on what they want and very nice. The job has given me stability in life. It has taught me how to be organized in life and how to manage my time wisely.
My first job
Customer Service Representative/ Call Back Rep (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAMay 21, 2017
I enjoyed working here, it is the reason i enjoy doing customer service and working with people. It is very fast pace and always kept me on my toes. I enjoyed working here.
By far worst company to work for period!! (Photographer)
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAMay 17, 2017
Management is horrible too much micro managing, no raises, cuts hours randomly which is incredibly scary when raising a family, extremely under paid!!
Pros
None at all
Cons
Where should I begin
horrible job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAMay 10, 2017
The supervisors are horrible. The working conditions are terrible. There is no ac, and a lot of workers get injured. The building and machines are very old and they keep trying to fix old machines instead of buying new ones.
Good job stability and to get hours
Warehouse Stocker (Current Employee) –  Stock items on my fillsheetDecember 27, 2016
Happy to work here and to have learned all my warehouse skills, and to learn how to work with others in all situations, a good place with good Co workers
Pros
Job security
Cons
Health care
Depressing place to work
Starcrest of California TOC (Current Employee) –  Perris, CANovember 28, 2016
The TOC area is disgusting and gross, it is by far the dirtiest place I have ever worked. The company takes advantage of the fact that there are not too many jobs in the area and they pay their employees poorly. The only way some of these people are making a life for themselves is because of the constant hours they are made to work. They have people coming and going because it is a shabby place to work.
Worst job of my life!
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Perris, CASeptember 13, 2016
This is by far the worst job of my life. They treat you like a slave and make sure your answering a call every five seconds. Also all the people you talk to are old and rude and they can hardly speak clearly. Not to mention your work space is so dirty and mold is growing on the walls. Then they make you work mandatory over time and its just call after call after call. And selling old people these products that are cheap garbage! This twice before applying! This is by far the worst job ive ever had and quit after a week!
Terrible company
Layout Artist (Current Employee) –  Perris, CASeptember 2, 2016
Family crisis! They cut our employees hours due to the company lost money but the old kids of the president they still make big buks plus he has his son in law working with no prior knowledge of management!
Pros
Not a good place to work for
Cons
Free snacks
Very bad place to work at!
Proofreader/Copy Editor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 30, 2016
They cut the employees hours: FAMILY CRISis!DUE TO CUT BACK ON OUR HOURS: It is very horrible that the company looses money and takes on us the employees to cut our hours back; awful!
Pros
Terrible place to work at
Cons
No place for advancement:
A very productive and potential to move up.
WAREHOUSE PICKER AND PACKER (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAMay 22, 2016
It is a very well established company with the opportunity to advance to different departments and also the chances to learn something different and the company as a whole was very good standing.
Super nice people
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAApril 11, 2016
I learned how to know on what to prioritize to get the work done. I became more resourceful. I learned on how to be independent and be sure that I always get my job done before the end of the day.
Pros
Free snacks
High paced demanding work place
Employee (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAJanuary 30, 2016
National Catalog Retail Corporation and Warehouse Distribution Center. Several shifts of warehouse employees and telephone operating centers. Family owned corporation with three generations involved.
Pros
Free Coffee and Daily Snack
Cons
Benefits and Wages
This job has helped me to keep afloat with my financial status.
Merchandise Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Perris, Calif.August 30, 2015
I have learned to be very proficient and organized I have learned a great deal about advertising. This is a fair place to work . If you accomplish all your work on time with little to no errors. I enjoy my fellow workers and everybody works very hard and are very dedicated as well as management.
Pros
I have become very proficient and it is close to where I live.
Cons
Not much room for advancement and poor pay raises for each year.
Great first job
Telephone Call Center Representive (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAAugust 20, 2015
Extremely flexible schedule. Lots of help from supervisors and other peers. Great benefits and commission. Love the workplace.
Family run company with a family feel in the work place
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAJuly 18, 2015
The type of work I do is very enjoyable and working for a family is a plus. They provide us with a great cafeteria and even a free snack in the morning plus all the free coffee we want.
Pros
The food we can buy there is low in price and great. Management is very hands on and personable.
Cons
The pay is not the best.
TOC ( current ) 2015
call center (Current Employee) –  TOCMarch 1, 2015
I used to like my job even though the pay was bad, but I can actually say I hate working in TOC at Starcrest now. I can't wait to get out . Since Christmas they have made us work 10 and 11 hour days and mandatory Saturdays. With no end in site ! We have lost half our employees to either illness, or they just quit do to the exhaustion, and they couldn't even give us a raise on our last review. I don't understand how any company can think this is a humane way to treat it's employees . They do not care If mothers see there children,or If you have any time for your family, or other obligations. You are also micromanaged and Unappreciated . So if this sounds like a job you would like come on down and join us . Then you can be as miserable as us ! They could be a good company but some thinks definitely need to change.
Pros
good benefits, a cafeteria, Christmas party, company picnic
Cons
no balance family/ life and very low pay
productive
Stocker (Current Employee) –  PerrisFebruary 19, 2015
In this job, the tasks are to be stocking merchandise and moving pallets with ease. On some occasions, the use of a computer was required.