Stark County Board of Developmental Disabilities

Stark County Board of Developmental Disabilities United States Employee Reviews

A great place to be!!!
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee), Canton, OHAugust 10, 2014
Pros: the staff were team members, loved the children
Cons: behavior issues of some of the children & adults
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the DD population. It is rewarding to watch each child grow and learn. The coworkers get along and are all team players. This is a great place to work.
Best place I ever worked in my life
Job Coach (Former Employee), Canton, OHOctober 13, 2013
Pros: the best
I would start my day with a morning meeting with the complete staff learning any new information. Bus duty would start immediately after the morning meeting. We would unload clients in wheelchairs one by one and take them to their classroom in the workshop. I learned so much about the severe and profound developmentally disabled with daily living skills. The Management was superb and my co-workers were the best. There was no hard pat to the job because you loved the people
Working for Stark County Board of Development Disabilities makes you feel like you're doing the right thing.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Canton, OHSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: great hours, wonderful, caring employees & excellent benefits.
Cons: short lunchs, one break
Over all experience is a warm & wonderful feeling you get when you see the individuals come in. You will learn that no matter how bad of a day you may be having, they are always happy to come in to work even if they can't do much which can be the hardest part of the job. You are working with several management team players, nurses, physical therapists & social workers.
Loved the staff and had fun on the job.
Substitute/Specialist (Former Employee), Canton, OHJuly 5, 2012
Pros: loved the job
Cons: no advancement
I loved working at DD, loved the clients and the staff, had no problems. Was always told my work ethic was GREAT!! Applied for other jobs I had already subbed at and was never given any interviews. Developed Type 2 Diabetis, had to get myself better and had to resign due to not getting enough hours to buy my diabetis supplies.