Stark County Board of Developmental Disabilities Employee Reviews

love the kids and the staff
Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 20, 2017
Rewarding seeing the kids excel very sad that the management does not meet the needs of the students The pay is very low in comparison to the amount of work expected
Pros
the kids
Cons
the pay and bad management
Enjoyed serving others.
Service and Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OhioOctober 18, 2015
A typical work day involved coordinating services for individuals with disabilities. Ensuring their health and safety, authorizing and monitoring services provided, maintaining their funding level.
Multi-tasking upon entering and leaving work environment.
I learned so much about Individuals with disabilities, they want the same things in life as everyone else.
In the Department there were some Supervisors who were approachable, some were not.
The co-workers I have worked with for the past seven years are the most helpful, professional and overall the best I've worked with.
The hardest part was dealing with dishonest providers. It was also difficult when the Individuals I worked with did not have family to share the holidays with.
Pros
Serving other who needed help. Great colleagues to work with everyday.
Cons
No significant raise over extended amount of time.
Rewarding workplace where you can make a difference in a person's everyday life.
Bus Rider (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 22, 2015
Start early in the morning picking up kids for school, and go back in the afternoon to take everybody home. Have learned CPR and first aid, how patience and understanding can make a big difference in how the day goes, and how to effectively manage individuals with behavioral issues. Management and co-workers are all great to work with as we are all there for the same purpose, to assist individuals with disabilities. Hardest part of the job is that it takes up the whole day for four hours of pay. The most enjoyable part is knowing the individuals are happy to see you everyday.
A great place to be!!!
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 10, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the DD population. It is rewarding to watch each child grow and learn. The coworkers get along and are all team players. This is a great place to work.
Pros
The staff were team members, loved the children
Cons
Behavior issues of some of the children & adults
Best place I ever worked in my life
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 13, 2013
I would start my day with a morning meeting with the complete staff learning any new information. Bus duty would start immediately after the morning meeting. We would unload clients in wheelchairs one by one and take them to their classroom in the workshop. I learned so much about the severe and profound developmentally disabled with daily living skills. The Management was superb and my co-workers were the best. There was no hard pat to the job because you loved the people
Pros
The Best
Cons
Working for Stark County Board of Development Disabilities makes you feel like you're doing the right thing.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 10, 2013
Over all experience is a warm & wonderful feeling you get when you see the individuals come in. You will learn that no matter how bad of a day you may be having, they are always happy to come in to work even if they can't do much which can be the hardest part of the job. You are working with several management team players, nurses, physical therapists & social workers.
Pros
Great hours, wonderful, caring employees & excellent benefits.
Cons
Short lunchs, one break
Loved the staff and had fun on the job.
Substitute/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 5, 2012
I loved working at DD, loved the clients and the staff, had no problems. Was always told my work ethic was GREAT!! Applied for other jobs I had already subbed at and was never given any interviews. Developed Type 2 Diabetis, had to get myself better and had to resign due to not getting enough hours to buy my diabetis supplies.
Pros
loved the job
Cons
no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stark County Board of Developmental Disabilities. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5