Stark County Community Action Agency

Stark County Community Action Agency Employer Reviews

Ethical nad Moral position to assist the families.
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Canton, OHMay 6, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: overtime with no flex or comp time.
A typical day consisted of enrollment,family services,supervising 42 staff and observing the clasrooms. Ensuring upper management that the liscensing regulations were being followed as well as step Up To Quality. I also maintained and supervised janitors,transportation and nutrition staff.

The hardest part of my job was to explain to a parent that their child was on a wait list knowing the child did not have any other opportunity to attend preschool.
The most enjoyable part of my day was when I observed the class rooms and assited and coached the education staff to incorporate hands on learning through play.

The overall rating will not accept anything but one star-I rate it at 3 stars.
great work place
Clerical (Former Employee), Canton, OHMarch 7, 2014
had a great time and learned a lot a lot had got a lot of job skills
Professional and fun workplace
Youth Clerical Intern (Current Employee), Canton, OHOctober 1, 2013
A really good place to learn and grow many fun educated co workers who are always willing to help
Every day is a new adventure. I have guided, nurtured and developed a bond with hundreds of children and their families.
Preschool Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Canton, OHMay 6, 2013
Pros: health insurance, retirement plan, getting to share my knowledge with young children through positive learning experiences
Cons: scheduled lay-offs throughout year
A typical day at the pre-school for me, well I have to be energetic, fun, loving and alert throughout the entire day. That goes without saying. Well there is a balance between co-workers most of the time, its important to be flexible because of all the diversity. A team effort goes a long way. It's been calculated that the hands on experience outweighs the yrs it takes to become book smart. The hardest part of the job is to say good bye and good luck as each child leaves out the facility to begin their academic journey through life. The most awesome part of the job is when I hear the voice of a small child saying.....""Look I did it" after I have encouraged and guided them in their learning experiences. I think the most important thing I have receive from my work experience is: that everyone has special abilities and talents, it's important to allow each individual to give what they can, and to be a part of the team. Management is vital. They are our leaders. co-workers should be able to call on them when we need direction and leadership. They are like a traffic light at a busy intersection.
Enjoyed my time providing important service to community
Teacher (Former Employee), Canton, OHSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: commitment to helping families in need
Cons: funding grant ran out every summer, and laid off teachers and support staff.
Taught for Head Start. Very hands on, love working with children, needs to be dedicated to the service and be ready to help others, pay was best for Early Childhood in the area, but it is still lower paid than most entry level businesses.

About Stark County Community Action Agency

The Stark County Community Action Agency is an equal opportunity organization that does not discriminate in its employment practices – Read more