Stark County Community Action Agency Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
productive and positive workplace
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 3, 2017
I love everyone that I work with, the support you get from management and other teachers is amazing, I could not ask for a better group of people. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with amazing kids
Pros
a very supportive staff
Cons
long days
No advancement
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 17, 2017
Children arrive around 8 and leave around 4 pm
Set up class and provide Breakfast, lunch and snack
Children follow a schedule with circle time, centers, gross motor lunch, nap and snack followed by free play.
Pros
Provide a safe healthy learning environment for children at risk.
Cons
No advancement pay is very low and stays that way
My terrible experience!
Basic Skill Instructor (Former Employee) –  Canton, OhioMarch 18, 2017
This place of business is stressful place to work. There was not a day that went by that there was not an issue of some kind. Everyone had to punch a time clock and if you were off by a minute or even 2 it would be an issue. The management team was not concerned about anyone but themselves.
Pros
The students were super
Cons
Stress over time clock
Families
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 7, 2016
The families are amazing to work with. To watch children develop is a gift and knowing you played a part in that, give me great pride. Learning the job can be overwhelming at times.
Difficult place to work
Early Head Start (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 26, 2016
Its a high stress job and there is not a lot of teacher support or encouragement from managers. Overall the place is disorganized with a lot of micromanaging. Many of the teachers are great to work with and getting to know families was a good experience. For a job in early childhood teaching, the benefits were great.
I love working here and having the ability to help people through my encouragement and officee expertise.
Receptionist - Temporary Assignment (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 4, 2015
I enjoy greeting clients who come in to pre-test for GED classes.
I answer phones, help clients with computer information.
I help with Graduation ceremonies, set-up food and beverages.
I make phone calls for upcoming classes and events.
I like working there but get laid off in the summer.
Bus-Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 5, 2014
I work on school buses and vans that they have. I do paperwork there on the jobs that I have done
Ethical nad Moral position to assist the families.
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 6, 2014
A typical day consisted of enrollment,family services,supervising 42 staff and observing the clasrooms. Ensuring upper management that the liscensing regulations were being followed as well as step Up To Quality. I also maintained and supervised janitors,transportation and nutrition staff.

The hardest part of my job was to explain to a parent that their child was on a wait list knowing the child did not have any other opportunity to attend preschool.
The most enjoyable part of my day was when I observed the class rooms and assited and coached the education staff to incorporate hands on learning through play.

The overall rating will not accept anything but one star-I rate it at 3 stars.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Overtime with no flex or comp time.
great work place
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 7, 2014
had a great time and learned a lot a lot had got a lot of job skills
Professional and fun workplace
Youth Clerical Intern (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 1, 2013
A really good place to learn and grow many fun educated co workers who are always willing to help
Every day is a new adventure. I have guided, nurtured and developed a bond with hundreds of children and their families.
Preschool Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 6, 2013
A typical day at the pre-school for me, well I have to be energetic, fun, loving and alert throughout the entire day. That goes without saying. Well there is a balance between co-workers most of the time, its important to be flexible because of all the diversity. A team effort goes a long way. It's been calculated that the hands on experience outweighs the yrs it takes to become book smart. The hardest part of the job is to say good bye and good luck as each child leaves out the facility to begin their academic journey through life. The most awesome part of the job is when I hear the voice of a small child saying.....""Look I did it" after I have encouraged and guided them in their learning experiences. I think the most important thing I have receive from my work experience is: that everyone has special abilities and talents, it's important to allow each individual to give what they can, and to be a part of the team. Management is vital. They are our leaders. co-workers should be able to call on them when we need direction and leadership. They are like a traffic light at a busy intersection.
Pros
health insurance, retirement plan, getting to share my knowledge with young children through positive learning experiences
Cons
Scheduled lay-offs throughout year
Enjoyed my time providing important service to community
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 20, 2012
Taught for Head Start. Very hands on, love working with children, needs to be dedicated to the service and be ready to help others, pay was best for Early Childhood in the area, but it is still lower paid than most entry level businesses.
Pros
commitment to helping families in need
Cons
funding grant ran out every summer, and laid off teachers and support staff.