Stark State College of Technology Employee Reviews

Good student-based mission and job culture/work environment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHMay 17, 2017
teaching as an adjunct is great and the hours are flexible. Teaching is fulfilling work, but sometimes it is difficult to make ends meet. Working as an adjunct is on a semester contract basis, with no guarantee of continued employment and no benefits. It is not easy to get a full time schedule here.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no benefits
Productive and has a safe feeling
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHFebruary 4, 2017
A typical day would be as soon as you arrive, you would get yourself comfortable then turn on your computer and login in your account. Next, check the printers' paper trays and refill the trays. Then you would listen to your voicemail if you have any, then check your mail. Some times you would have little assignments from other teachers, like help organizing papers. Also you will be in charge of putting mail in the correct mail box.

The most hardest part of this job is keeping yourself busy with things to do. Most of the time I would have all the small jobs from the teachers and the jobs from the boss(es) done and leaves me time afterwards with doing nothing.

The most enjoyable part is having such nice and understanding co-workers. They truly are kind and nice.
Pros
Get to eat snacks at your desk at anytime
Cons
Low pay
Math Proctor (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHMarch 21, 2016
They work around your schedule, people are friendly and helpful. The students are also extremely nice and I like the fact that after working with children all day I get to converse with adults.
Adjunct
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHioJuly 22, 2015
Teach as an adjunct. Classes are a good size. Management respects the adjuncts. Enjoy the students. Involvement opportunities in the college are numerous.
Very supportive of both students and faculty.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHApril 22, 2015
This college was, by far, the most productive learning community with which I have been associated. The administration actively encourages innovation, uses data to drive important decisions, and recognizes the students (not programs or protocols) as the center of the important work that we do.
Summary
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJuly 25, 2013
It was a great experience and I loved the people that I got to work with and got to know.
IT Assistant - Student Worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  N Canton, OHFebruary 25, 2013
I would assist the department chairs and sometime I would assist the Dean. I would prepare for committee meetings, file, do analysis on classroom scheduling, letters, reports, etc...
Pros
the people i worked for and the job i did.
Cons
student worker position because it had to end.
College Close to my house
student (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHAugust 26, 2012
It was a well rounded and great facility with losts of advancement opportunity for all college students.
Pros
location
Cons
saturday classes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stark State College of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7